• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

poisax

Just a passerby housewife.
Years
The reason why it's important is because when you're adding cries you the Pokemon who is behind the Pokemon you want to add say Diancie M has a cry pointer in PGE find the reverse of what the pointer is and the one after Diancie M is gonna be crystal onix cry pointer.

What you do after that is write the offset of where it's at to remember it then go to PGE and find Onix and then copy the pointer of onix which PGE will tell you where it is and then make it the same for crystal onix and the cry will be the same

Ok, I get it, but PGE just crashes when I try to edit either of them... Anything beyond Chimecho actually

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Ok, I get it, but PGE just crashes when I try to edit either of them... Anything beyond Chimecho actually
Okay try this then go to the PGE INI that's provided and find the evolution section change the 30 to a 15 and delete the evolution methods 16-30 and see if that works. Make sure you make a backup of the INI before doing this though

poisax

Years
So did any of the normal Pokemon crash? It seems like I should take that as a no?

I haven't been able to work with it due to time constraints, but I could successfully load 'Cryst. Onix' in PGE now, I will experiment wether or not it actually works tomorrow

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Okay everyone if anyone is having the problem regarding PGE can't load any Pokemon past chimecho go to the INI and find the evolution section and change the 30 to a 15 and delete evolution methods 16-30 hope this helps and tell me if the Pokemon such as magmar and rhydon are working again

poisax

Years
I use these INI's if anyone wants a quick set-up

Edit: Updated link. Reason: See below...
Edit2: These are for the 1020 version btw

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
Download HTE and change the values in the INI as needed

Do you have a link to the program or the complete name, I searched on google by "HTE Pokemon" and nothing.

EDIT: I found the tool but the problem is it doesn´t allow me to pick any Pokemon further than 3 gen. Why is that?

Last edited:

poisax

Years
Do you have a link to the program or the complete name, I searched on google by "HTE Pokemon" and nothing.

EDIT: I found the tool but the problem is it doesn´t allow me to pick any Pokemon further than 3 gen. Why is that?
I'm guessing you figured out that that is because you don't have the correct INI for it

In MEGA it requires a password, what is the password?
That's really odd... I didn't set any... Either way, here's an updated version (forgot some files) hosted on Mediafire.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
I'm guessing you figured out that that is because you don't have the correct INI for it

That's really odd... I didn't set any... Either way, here's an updated version (forgot some files) hosted on Mediafire.

I downloaded your INIs and replace the old ones. I open the rom with HTE Trainer Editor, and still only 3 first gens

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
for anyone planning to edit trainers with HTE and to show all pokemon past chimecho paste this in the BPRE section of the HTE INI

[BPRE]
AttackNames=0x148
NumberOfAttacks=511
PokemonNames=0x144
NumberOfPokemon=1460
PokemonFrontSprites=0x128
PokemonNormalPalettes=0x130
TrainerData=0xFC00
NumberOfTrainers=743
ClassNames=0xD80A0
ClassMoneyData=0x259CC
NumberOfClassNames=107
TrainerSprites=0x3473C
TrainerPalettes=0x3474C
NumberOfTrainerSprites=147
ItemData=0x1C8
NumberOfItems=375

poisax

Years
I downloaded your INIs and replace the old ones. I open the rom with HTE Trainer Editor, and still only 3 first gens
That's odd... It works for me
for anyone planning to edit trainers with HTE and to show all pokemon past chimecho paste this in the BPRE section of the HTE INI

[BPRE]
AttackNames=0x148
NumberOfAttacks=511
PokemonNames=0x144
NumberOfPokemon=1460
PokemonFrontSprites=0x128
PokemonNormalPalettes=0x130
TrainerData=0xFC00
NumberOfTrainers=743
ClassNames=0xD80A0
ClassMoneyData=0x259CC
NumberOfClassNames=107
TrainerSprites=0x3473C
TrainerPalettes=0x3474C
NumberOfTrainerSprites=147
ItemData=0x1C8
NumberOfItems=375
This is exactly what I have in my ROMs.ini except for the number of pokemon, that's set to 1020. Would 1460 also work for the 1020 patch?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
That's odd... It works for me

This is exactly what I have in my ROMs.ini except for the number of pokemon, that's set to 1020. Would 1460 also work for the 1020 patch?

Yes it would work

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Is there any fix for the evos like Rhyperior, Gigalith, Magmortar and stuff? (And possibility to edit megas as well)
The app crashes when you want to open those new Pokemon.

Okay try this then go to the PGE INI that's provided and find the evolution section change the 30 to a 15 and delete the evolution methods 16-30 and see if that works. Make sure you make a backup of the INI before doing this though

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
The rombase doesn't make fire red a white screen anymore, but now it freezes on the title screen.

My hopes and dreams are lost.

Back