The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
3rd Gen Favorite Locations

Old March 6th, 2018 (6:34 PM).

While exploring the Hoenn Region during your adventures in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, you visit a lot of interesting places. Which locations in Hoenn are some of your favorites?

I love Fortree City. It seems so peaceful and walking above the trees is pretty cool!
Old March 6th, 2018 (7:27 PM).

Nature: Mild
    My favorite was Sootopolis and how it was inside a crater. If I lived anywhere in Hoenn this is the place I would choose.

I also liked Pacifidlog Town and how it's seemingly floating in the ocean, but you can find out it's actually floating on top of Corsola.
    Old March 6th, 2018 (7:59 PM).

Nature: Quiet
      Slateport City is my favorite. It has a nice harbor where ships and boats come and go, a lighthouse near the south of Slateport that illuminates the sea for passing ships, a cute market, an Oceanic Museum, and a Battle Tent which I enjoy participating in.
      Old March 6th, 2018 (11:38 PM).
      Running towards Happiness!!!

Nature: Jolly
        The abandoned ship... there was always something mysterious about it

Does it count though?

Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic.
        Capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.
        -Dumbledore
        Old March 7th, 2018 (11:30 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by ZeoStar View Post
        My favorite was Sootopolis and how it was inside a crater. If I lived anywhere in Hoenn this is the place I would choose.

I also liked Pacifidlog Town and how it's seemingly floating in the ocean, but you can find out it's actually floating on top of Corsola.
        For some reason I always seem to forget about Pacifidlog Town! Good choice!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by XNaut View Post
        Slateport City is my favorite. It has a nice harbor where ships and boats come and go, a lighthouse near the south of Slateport that illuminates the sea for passing ships, a cute market, an Oceanic Museum, and a Battle Tent which I enjoy participating in.
        Slateport is definitely on my list of favorites!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BlueRose04 View Post
        The abandoned ship... there was always something mysterious about it

Does it count though?
        It does! Interesting choice.
        Old March 8th, 2018 (2:25 AM). Edited March 8th, 2018 by Gigadweeb.
        The Black Swordsman

Nature: Sassy
        Personally:

Sky Pillar
        kind of a given. I love Rayquaza, I love the bike puzzle, I love climbing up there to get green snek to go psyduck up t-rex: volcano edition and me: Pokémon edition (ahaha geddit I'm fat), I love everything about it.

Battle Frontier (the actual overworld)
        Something nostalgic about just sitting there and remembering the times where I was a kid and would pick up Charizard in the Factory just to be able to use a Hoenn starter.

Meteor Falls
        that music is just gorgeous. It really is. The waterfalls, too, and smacking up Steven postgame.

Route 119
        Mukton of bike puzzles, rain, bigarse river, Feebas, what's not to love?

Route 105
        Quaint little place with Regice and some small islands. You never really notice it, but it's a nice spot.

Route 115
        One of those hidden areas. Well, part of it is. Finding the little foresty part only accessible by Surf was pretty cool. Decent spot to grind midgame, too.

When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone.

Old March 8th, 2018 (10:22 PM). Edited March 8th, 2018 by noa.
        idol of death

Nature: Relaxed
        Pacifidlog Town! I just find it so magical! Living your entire life on the ocean sounds so nice. And it wouldn't be too much trouble to ride the waves all the way to Slateport if I needed a change of pace, and then Fly back. The whole mystery with Pacifidlog and Mirage island is quite interesting too.
        Old March 9th, 2018 (12:29 PM).

Nature: Modest
        Fortree City! How cool would it be just to live in a nice and shady town in the treetops? Uh, pretty damn cool! It's so quaint and peaceful too. I just love it <333 Not to mention it is really close to those Castform!

Administrator

Old March 10th, 2018 (7:29 PM).
        Hmm, pretzels.

Nature: Lonely
          Hoenn is my favorite region when it comes to locations. As for my overall favorite location, I have to second some of the posts above and say that I love Fortree City.
          Old April 1st, 2018 (4:54 AM).
          press start to play_

Nature: Naive
          The long route from Mauville to Fortree is super neat ^^ So adventurous, with the Weather Institute in the middle making sure you're not all pokémon'd out halfway ahah.
          Old June 11th, 2018 (9:04 PM). Edited June 11th, 2018 by TheWildKeturah.
          Kitty

Nature: Bold
            I tend to run between Fortree City and Lilycove frequently (Route 120)! I like the crazy weather and ALWAYS make my Secret Base in the location behind the girl with the Milotic, where you have to use cut to get to it ;) I like that I can plant my own little berry garden too haha. Also, There's a gentleman you can battle with just outside of Lilycove that will give you up to 20,000 for beating him (and sometimes a gold nugget to boot). Also, I love that you can see the night sky in the puddles/ponds.
            Side note: Hoenn is also my favorite game for locations. I just wish they had a place with snow too (Not just Shoal Cave).
            Old June 12th, 2018 (12:07 PM).

Nature: Quiet
              Idk, i'd have to go with sotopolis city (yah, i forgot the first name), because i find it beautiful.
              Would be so cool to live one of these water towns.
              Old June 12th, 2018 (1:11 PM).
              Team Rocket!

Nature: Sassy
              I really liked Mauville City and New Mauville City. I wish there was more you could do with New Mauville City because I liked that it was abandoned but I was hoping there would have been more you could explore.

[Shiny Living Dex 531]
              Old June 13th, 2018 (10:22 AM). Edited June 13th, 2018 by Resolve.
              I have it

Nature: Rash
                I don't even know, I really love everything from the point where you first set foot on the eastern part of Route 118.

I guess it's from that route until Lilycove City.
                Old June 13th, 2018 (12:36 PM). Edited June 13th, 2018 by Damien.aspiring.fandev.
                🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺 📯📯📯📯

Nature: Jolly
                  Spoiler:
                  Locations I appreciated the most back in Hoenn?
                  H-m-m-m-m-m-m-m...
                  I found rather picturesque Pacifidlog town and Fortree city,
                  too bad one has little to do and both offer limited movement...
                  well, at least they did back in the 3rd generation period.
                  The latter had that tree-top furniture store, which is replaced by
                  something a bit more interesting in the remakes.
                  Hm... I wonder, if Pacifidlog sits atop corsola, then why do the platforms have poles in OR&AS?

The Steam Ship Cactus(yes, that's what S.S. stands for) was also a place I
                  enjoyied to randomly re-visit from time to time... I wondered what was beyond the holes
                  that prevent us from getting to the prow, and I had fantasies of somehow getting the thing
                  back in action(ah, infant me... giving silly nicknames and trying to find a way out of the rocky
                  barriers delimiting maritime routes... good times actually no, I don't miss school, dark times...)

Other locations, other locations... I liked to randomly visit the exposition in Porto Alghepoli Lilycove city,
                  the flowery fields of Iridopoli Evergrande city, and of course I would hang around my secret base, either
                  the three rooms tree-top one on an islet on rt.114 (I often re-arranged the two rooms
                  pretending they were part of an inn or something like that) or either my alternate secret base
                  in a sandy square cave on rt.118. I would decorate the latter to rievocate a beach...

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Gigadweeb
                  Route 119
                  Mukton of bike puzzles, rain, bigarse river, Feebas, what's not to love?
                  Finding one?

Also, I see "generation" instead of "Hoenn" in the title, so I guess we could also mention
                  locations in other games from the same period?
                  Okay, so...
                  Spoiler:
                  In the distant, barren Orre I'd enjoy being either in Phenac city or either in Agathe village.
                  Phenac city has loads of crystal-clear water running all over the place and giving beautiful
                  reflections(no wonder it was translated into Diamantopoli... it still kind-of pains me that our translators put the suffix -poli in the name of almost every settlement).
                  It's truly a sight to behold.

The problem with the place however is that it just lacks green areas, with all what we can see
                  in-game being 8 measily palms that don't exactly excel at giving shadow, which is one of the things
                  you'd be desperate for in a hot, desert area(typing of, why does almost everyone there wear
                  trousers and long-sleeved stuff? Or ever sweaters and sweatshirts?). I'd probably be more
                  at ease in Agathe village : there's a water stream, grass, it's implied to be amidst the forest...
                  what bothers me about the place would be the fact that it seems to be fairly poor on
                  saturation back in Colosseum.

Many would probably like it down in The Under, since it's at the bottom of a deep ravine
                  and feels like an underground settlement, however the idea of being kilometers underground
                  without any vegetation and some suspicious purple slime dripping from above doesn't excite me
                  too much(even tho' it's fairly unique and the ost is driving)

In Mystery Dungeon : Red & Blue rescue teams I'd say type a place where I'd enjoy to
                  hang around for quite a while would be the Rub-a-dub river friend area.

We have here a river that forks in two, with an islet in the middle hosting a solitary tree,
                  an other small islet with a natural bridge connecting it to the shore, steep cliffs from which
                  other streams fall into the main river. These cliffs are dotted with holes that seem to be windows
                  and what do we have there? Pokémon Engineering?
                  Some industrial activity must be on-going inside there! Also, this area and a few other watery
                  areas(shallow beach, tadpole pond, turtleshell pond, waterfall lake) feature a rather serene
                  soundtrack that could be reused or rearranged for a settlement in a fan-game!
                  I might however be biased because close to where I live a river flows and it's thus a familiar scenario...
                  Again, all friend areas have fairly interesting looks, and it can be quite hard to make preferences...

A couple other areas that I think stand out for me would be Mt.Moonview and the buried relic.

Mt.Moonview has quite a serene atmosphere, just like the description claims,
                  and on the top lies what appears to be what used to be a shrine, giving a touch
                  of sacrality to the area. I wonder what those luminescent orbs on the conifers are?
                  As for the ancient relic, well... it's a massive piece of nicely preserved
                  antique architecture, with loads of text engraved onto it, and it appears to be exposed to
                  sunlight unlike the two aged chambers. This landmark is complimented by vegetation and...
                  are those down there fountains?

Dulcis in fundo, we have Fiore!
                  Fiore is so small, and the storyline tosses us here and there so quickly...
                  the whole region feels like one variegated location, and the story feels
                  like it all went down in a single day...
                  I pretty much enjoy all of this miniature region, but I'm not sure why (aside the fact Summerland is a Pacifidlog look-alike long before Humilau city came by)...
                  Everything just felt so familiar, even if I've never experienced it before...
                  Old June 15th, 2018 (9:37 PM). Edited June 15th, 2018 by Reyzadren.
                  Arid trainer

Nature: Hardy
                  +1 vote to Slateport city here.

The beach and the market are nice additions.
                  Old June 22nd, 2018 (3:24 AM).
                  アンヘロさん は、コミュ症です

Nature: Quirky
                  Route 113. The music and atmosphere are spectacular.

I only listen to high-quality video game rips.
                  Old July 8th, 2018 (6:19 PM).

Nature: Hardy
                    Lilycove was always my fav. Just the music, the atmosphere of the town, it just felt so quaint and welcoming. I guess the fact that it had a department store helped, too... ;P

I also love Mt Pyre. I've always enjoyed the creepy graveyard parts of the games, and Mt Pyre fit the bill nicely. Plus the music inside was so incredibly bleak.
                    Old July 9th, 2018 (4:17 PM).
                    ☕ milk tea & 💻 code.

Fortree City.

I also love Route 120.

every accomplishment starts with the decision to try
                      sun diaryplatinum diary
                      Old July 11th, 2018 (8:29 AM).

Nature: Quirky
                        Route 113 is really cool. I also like Mauville in the remakes, and Fortree and Sootopolis are impossible to dislike.

Name: Annabelle
                        Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Living Pokédex
                        https://pokedextracker.com/u/lillipup03/my-living-dex

Shiny Hunts
                        Current:
                        Finneon SOS
                        Latios SR

Shiny Count:

Quick Reply