The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Pokémon Essentials
How to change team and after recover it

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old June 13th, 2018 (8:18 AM).

Hello, I have a question, in my game I want there to be a part where you only have a rotom and at the end that you have your normal team again, any script?:confused:
    Old June 13th, 2018 (11:16 PM).

Store the player's team in a variable, clear said team, add the Rotom, and then, after the event has concluded, get the player's team from said variable using the "Script" command in the Event Commands for event pages.

$game_variables[55] =
      $Trainer.party.clone

This stores the player's entire party in one variable, perfectly replicating their movesets, IVs, evs, natures, nicknames, balls, etc.

$Trainer.party.clear

This clears the player's party and purges the team. (Of course, you'd add Rotom to the team for this instance)

After that, use $Trainer.party = pbGet(55) to retrieve the team stored in Variable 55 at any time. (Note: After getting the team from Variable [X], the variable will be left completely empty. If you want to keep using variable [X] to swap teams for multiple events, be sure to copy the player's team before all else.)

Variable 55 can, of course, be any variable you want, I'm just giving an example. =w=
      Old July 11th, 2018 (5:17 AM).

Nature: Serious
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Scyl View Post
        Store the player's team in a variable, clear said team, add the Rotom, and then, after the event has concluded, get the player's team from said variable using the "Script" command in the Event Commands for event pages.

$game_variables[55] =
        $Trainer.party.clone

This stores the player's entire party in one variable, perfectly replicating their movesets, IVs, evs, natures, nicknames, balls, etc.

$Trainer.party.clear

This clears the player's party and purges the team. (Of course, you'd add Rotom to the team for this instance)

After that, use $Trainer.party = pbGet(55) to retrieve the team stored in Variable 55 at any time. (Note: After getting the team from Variable [X], the variable will be left completely empty. If you want to keep using variable [X] to swap teams for multiple events, be sure to copy the player's team before all else.)

Variable 55 can, of course, be any variable you want, I'm just giving an example. =w=

This was extremely helpful, thank you!

Quick Reply