Sloxy

Mon Amour

Male
Norway
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
220 posts
1.7 Years
Not gonna lie today's episode did not do it for me. A whole episode of just throwing pokeballs and catching pokemon was just not my cup of tea. Kind of boring. It was cool to see how excited Go was about catching. Though that stupid voice calling out "nice", "great" and "excellent" was just borderline annoying. Didn't even feel like I was watching as how anymore.
Aren't all the Pokemon technically birds?

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats

IcyIce

Fictional Writer.

Male
Tennessee
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
5,028 posts
9.7 Years
From what I read on twitter, a lot of people are disappointed in how they handled it. I haven't watched the anime and this episode has me even more skeptical of the entire saga. However, I'd like to point out that they were bug types and they are easily caught. I will say Parasect, Beedrill, Venomoth, and Pinsir shouldn't have been caught so easily.

So.... let's hope they don't do this again. If they are going to continue to do this though, then Ash needs to catch pokemon.

Pipupturriii

Female
Hoenn
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
18 posts
3 Years
Ooooh, what a coincidence!! That theme you mentioned during the Lugia scene was the one that stood out to me the most so far, as well. ^-^ And haha, let's keep our fingers tightly crossed for those soundtracks to get released! 🤞 The sooner they're here, the sooner we can also have the new series' soundtrack too, right...? One can dream, at least!

As for the newer episodes, I seriously need to catch up! I can't believe I'm three episodes behind already! ;__;
It is a rather intense and attention-grabbing theme!

And I hope you catch up soon, the newer episodes really give Ash and Gou a more well-rounded feel as characters, I think you'll find them more than worth watching!
Drampa is a gift to humanity.

Pipupturriii

Female
Hoenn
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
18 posts
3 Years
From what I read on twitter, a lot of people are disappointed in how they handled it. I haven't watched the anime and this episode has me even more skeptical of the entire saga. However, I'd like to point out that they were bug types and they are easily caught. I will say Parasect, Beedrill, Venomoth, and Pinsir shouldn't have been caught so easily.

So.... let's hope they don't do this again. If they are going to continue to do this though, then Ash needs to catch pokemon.
I can sort of get the sentiment, that was a lot of catches (more than prior companions, especially all at once) and minimal interaction--I feel like both XY and S&M spoiled us a little in giving actual characterization even for one-off wild Pokemon than this did, though I guess they were focused more on Gou's character during the narrative for this episode. I think we expect more of a balance between one of the main characters and their relationship with their Pokemon (this season seems to give Gou a far more equal role to Ash as far as that goes, rather than a side/main like the rest of the traveling companions), so the suddenness of Gou spamming Pokeballs without even interacting with the catches save for the bit at the end stood out more. And you have a point with Parasect and Co, though I do recall earlier seasons making less of a deal out of weakening Pokemon before catching them, especially if they were caught off guard. I think Paul did it with that group of Starly before releasing them. I could be wrong, though!
Drampa is a gift to humanity.

Sloxy

Mon Amour

Male
Norway
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
220 posts
1.7 Years
I can sort of get the sentiment, that was a lot of catches (more than prior companions, especially all at once) and minimal interaction--I feel like both XY and S&M spoiled us a little in giving actual characterization even for one-off wild Pokemon than this did, though I guess they were focused more on Gou's character during the narrative for this episode. I think we expect more of a balance between one of the main characters and their relationship with their Pokemon (this season seems to give Gou a far more equal role to Ash as far as that goes, rather than a side/main like the rest of the traveling companions), so the suddenness of Gou spamming Pokeballs without even interacting with the catches save for the bit at the end stood out more. And you have a point with Parasect and Co, though I do recall earlier seasons making less of a deal out of weakening Pokemon before catching them, especially if they were caught off guard. I think Paul did it with that group of Starly before releasing them. I could be wrong, though!
See the thing is I don't have that much of an issue if Gou is the one catching stuff. Though I'm disappointed Ash literally did nothing to help him, I was hoping he would at least be some form of help to him as Brock was to him. They should give Ash a more serious role as a helper or a guide for someone as they embark on their own pokemon journey.

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats

Sloxy

Mon Amour

Male
Norway
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
220 posts
1.7 Years
Thoughts on this weeks episode:
- Battlefrontier wtf has this been reduced to
- Go has one thick Taillow
- Hoji basically treated Go the way everyone treats NPCs in the games
- Episode moved way too fast, everything just felt completely rushed

I don't know if it's just me but these battles are pretty boring...

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats

Sloxy

Mon Amour

Male
Norway
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
220 posts
1.7 Years
You know Sun and Moon I could watch, and still relatively enjoy. My god. The 2019 Pokemon anime has been so boooooooring. I just don't care what happens. Cool side story, but we're getting filler before we even got any actual mainline stuff.

VPPS being cared for:

VPP Stats
Advertiser Content