• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon 2019 (sub)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Since the new anime airs tomorrow, I figured I'd make a thread about it. Is anyone going to be watching the new anime series? I will once it's dubbed.

Years
I'm very excited for the new series!

Since Sun and Moon ended in such a lacklustre fashion I've been waiting for this new series to start. I'm not sure what to expect from it really (I've purposefully been avoiding all sorts of spoiler stuff) but I have some things that I 'want' to happen so that's giving me some excitement for it all.

The idea of the series revolving around them travelling all over the place should be really cool! I think this is its biggest selling point to me!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am still very very iffy about the new series. It can be great or it is going to be terrible. A picture from the first episode has made me hopeful, but I still worry that there won't be a story at all. We still don't know why Ash is traveling all over the place suddenly. We don't know if he will even take on the Galar League.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'll be watching the Japanese version mostly, because I like the voice actors!

This is the first Pokeani I've been hyped for in a fat minute, so it's refreshing.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oh my gosh!!

I just watched it, and it was very cute!!

I'm surprised there's not more people on here talking about it, despite all the talk and anticipation I saw around the web in general!

The Pichu backstory was super cute, and Satoshi and Go's characters look like they'll be written pretty well. I did enjoy seeing them as even younger kids. You never really got to see Professor Oak teaching little kids like that originally, so it was a cute look into it! I felt the same with them showing a bit more of what Mew can do, also. Nice touch that it just went around and kept other Pokemon safe - or Not, in some cases, haha.

DID NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND WHy in the heck Pichu left it's Kanga family :( aside from maybe feeling like it was just time to move on?

I hoping it would also explain why Pikachu was aggressive when it met Ash, aside from just being shy, but you know - was still a cute first ep.

Still not over how cute Go's character is, too!

Years
I just watched it too and I was pleasantly surprised.

The art style was something that really put me of from watching SuMo apart from like 6 episodes, but I'm digging SwSh art style so far. It's a nice mix between XY and SuMo.

I wasn't expecting this whole episode to be a flashback, but I loved it. Pichu's backstory was something I had no idea I needed. Not gonna lie, I almost cried when Pi(ka)chu realized Kangaskhan mama is having a hard time taking care of him and her own kid and decided to leave. I figured out at the start of the episode that Pi(ka)chu will evolve because of the friendship he forms with Kangaskhan, but was kinda expecting him to evolve while saving Kangaskhan from some hostile Pokémon to mirror the first episode, where he protected Ash from Spearow. But this was so much better.

Go's part of the episode was fun. I think the episode did pretty nice job in setting up his motivations and character and I hope there will be more of Mew later.

Really looking forward next episode.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
The animation fits pretty well for the current anime, but people have already pointed that out. I really wanted to see why Pikachu was so aggressive at the beginning of Ash's journey (and strong?). It was a fun nostalgia trip.

But, is this a reboot then? Or is this another pokemon camp? We did get flashbacks in Kalos from when he went to a Pokemon Camp. I was half expecting little Serena to show up again as well.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 20, 2023
Animator Shinohara Takashi-san talked on his twitter about how he expected Pokemon Hunters or Rockets targetted the group of Garura/Kangaskhan that took in Pichu as a possible reason for Pichu's mistrust of humans, although that didn't turn out to he the case!

I guess what happened to make Pikachu skittish around humans is a story for another day... I really hope they'll meet Pikachu's adoptive mom and sibling again someday!

It was a really sweet, if sad story... it was like Sans Famille's Remi making the decision to leave his mother, saying goodbye, unheard and unseen, from a distance...

I really love all the characters! Gou is a lot like how I was in class, and yeaaaah, that just earns a lot of enemies. Pity I never had a Koharu to tell me so bluntly.

I really hope we'll see the old companions and even rivals in their respective regions! That would be the best thing the anime can give us. ;3;

And you're right!! We know the Professors teach kids, especially before their journeys, but we never actually heard and saw a lesson in detail (closest thing was like two stills in the Legend of Thunder Japanese opening ^^; ), this was so warm!

I'll be watching this subbed, haven't fully kept up with a Pokemon series since BW! (Dropped XY after a while, SuMo I only watched on and off, neither appealed to me much, but this looks really nice!!)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
The animation fits pretty well for the current anime, but people have already pointed that out. I really wanted to see why Pikachu was so aggressive at the beginning of Ash's journey (and strong?). It was a fun nostalgia trip.

But, is this a reboot then? Or is this another pokemon camp? We did get flashbacks in Kalos from when he went to a Pokemon Camp. I was half expecting little Serena to show up again as well.

It's already been confirmed that this is not a reboot. A preview showed off a whole bunch of Ash's trophies, badges, and keepsakes from previous sagas.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Whoa, I just watched both episodes and I've gotta say I'm really liking this series so far!! :o

I'm especially in love with the soundtrack—it came as a huge surprise that Yuki Hayashi is now the composer! I discovered his music recently from a completely unrelated anime series, and I'm quite a fan of his music style! I'm going to miss Shinji Miyazaki, but now that he's gone, I hope that means they'll finally release a collection of all his Pokémon music from Best Wishes, XY, and Sun & Moon. It'd be unforgivable if all that wonderful music got left unreleased for good... ;__;

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing more episodes of the new Pokémon anime! It's been lots of fun already. ^-^

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just finally sat down to watch episode two, and I really enjoyed it?!

When Go was waiting for the Lugia, I thought "Wow... it's like waiting for a Raid battle", and then it heckin turned into a Raid battle. LIKE WHAT. It was very cool to see that animated, I loved the nod to Pokemon Go. Never thought I'd see it referenced in the anime. Also, the Lugia scene with Ash and such was VERY COOL, gave me a lot of nostalgia. The animation is wonderful too. Pokemon animation really has gotten a lot less stiff over the years.

Wonderful, totally gonna watch ep 3 soon!

StaticShock

Chaos Current
Years
Watched all 3 episodes recently and I'm loving it. It already looks to be way better than the previous anime. If they maintain the same quality of these past 3 episodes, it could actually become great. It certainly has a lot of potential.

Years
Finally watched the third episode today, Ash and Go's interactions are cute! Cool-looking new TR motto animation too. Next ep will have Galar and Scorbunny so I'm looking forward to that especialy!!! 👍

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Also watched episode 3 recently, and I am seconding that Ash and Go's interactions are adorable. I was not prepared.

Say what you will about Ash's character, somehow there's always someone he manages to reel in.

ALSO seconding that I already like it better than the previous anime, it's been a very good first few eps! It even made yet another Bulbasaur plot line pretty interesting!

Last edited:

PB

creation hero
Years
THIS EP... way too cute

Nickit gang was a d o r a b l e and their story of taking Scorb in is aww ;__;

Go and Ash's interactions always make the episode somehow tbh

I love Scorbunny and it's personality! The extra bit about the feet bringing good luck is really cute call to the Rabbit's Foot myth too!

Overall loved it, and Gou telling Scorbunny he can't catch it in the next ep preview because he wants Mew first.... my heart

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just watched it and feel the same as butterfox!

I LOVE NIKIT, I WANT TO OWN TEN WHEN I PLAY SWSH. I read it's evolution HAS A MUSTACHE?!

Also really liked Scorbunny's personality, kinda hit me in the feels, the whole episode did.

Go watching Ash down all those scones.....

I love how his reactions to him are so "bro what the Hell".

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I haven't watched episode 4 yet, but I've watched up to episode 3. Go outright saying he didn't want a starter because he wants to make his first Pokemon Mew was uh, wow... Well, seeing the op, I can tell he's gonna get Scorbunny.

It's amusing how much Gou blushed in episode 3, though, let me tell you. I saw a lot of posts on various social media about people already shipping it. I do like the character dynamics between Ash and Go so far. Although, I wish Koharu wasn't so indifferent all the time... well, I doubt she's going to be in the anime all that much, anyway, ah well.

I'll watch episode 4 when I can. I'll probably be keeping up w/the Japanese episodes until the dub comes out? Which who knows when that'll be.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 24, 2020
Spoilers episode 7:
Spoiler:

Sound interesting!

Back