• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
I'm making a Darmanitan and using Sheer Force to make use of its already high attack, and was wondering, what are some good physical attack moves to make use of this combo? (Strong moves with a secondary effect that is.)

Is it possible to get an Adamant Tirtouga? I've been trying forever soft-resetting to get one :(

It's all random, you'll have to keep trying until you get lucky.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
Years
What's your team? It would help us make recommendations for it.

Regardless though, your team is underleveled. You should grind until the average level of your team is at least 50. You'll have trouble regardless of type advantages if you don't.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
@ Heart Gold:

Possible to get Adamant Tirtouga, yes. An Adamant Ditto can be found by using an Adamant Synchronize pokemon. Soft resetting for nature from a fossil is quite time consuming.

@ Weavile

high level Audino at Giant Chasm shaky grass. East from Lucanosa's Route 13. The entrance to the Chasm's cave & the grass accessable by going through the cave portion of Giant Chasm.

Audino of Lv47 - Lv52.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
the elite 4 has been extremely hard for me and all my pokes are at least level 43 i mean ive got type advantage but its still hard can anyone help

You're very underleveled.

In order to do well you have to be at least in the 50s. Grindin' is the name of the game.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Is it possible for the zorua and zoroark that you get from getting the shiny dogs and celebi, to be shiny?

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
yes. i have seen people with non hacked shiny zoroarks and the shiny dog event is the only way to get them.

The event is not the only way to get zoroark. You can breed the event ones to get another zorua and evolve it. I don't want to have to breed for a shiny so I want to know if the event ones can be shiny. I'd rather soft reset for it than breed.

Years
They cause a pokemon to gain 10% more points in one stat, and 10% less in another. For example, a pokemon with a jolly nature would have 10% higher speed and 10% lower sp. atk. If you look closely at your pokemon's stats ingame, you'll notice how one stat might be lightly highlighted in red, and the other in blue. The one in red is the stat being increased, and the one in blue is being decreased.
But some natures don't change anything. Here's the listing of natures and what they change.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature

Ohhh!! Thank you so much :D I get it now!

I have another dumb question for you guys - do I need the Nat Dex before I can trade pre-Gen 5 pokemon into white? Or can I just trade any pokemon, at any point in the game?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I have another dumb question for you guys - do I need the Nat Dex before I can trade pre-Gen 5 pokemon into white? Or can I just trade any pokemon, at any point in the game?

Nope, you can trade pre-gen 5 at any point. :D The only thing is you can't use the pokeshifter after you've gotten the national dex, though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I'm beginning to realise just how little I know about Pokemon >.<

The pokeshifter is a device which allows you to transfer Pokemon from the 4th generation games to Black and White, providing you have two DS'.

(Oh and it's called PokeTransfer in English, I just got used to calling it the PokeShifter).

Anyways, here's some more details on it from our FAQ :)

Similar to the Pal Park, the PokéTransfer is a building located on Route 15 that allows you to transfer your Pokémon from DPPt and HG/SS after you've obtained the National Pokédex.

How do I connect my DPPt or HGSS games to Black and White?
You will need two DS' - one with Black or White in its slot and the other with your Fourth Generation game. When you go to connect, a DS Download play application will appear. This will then link in with your fourth generation game allowing you access to transfer your Pokémon over to Black and White.

Are there any restrictions when transfering my Pokémon?

Like the Pal Park, you can only transfer six Pokémon at a time (there is no day time limit like in Diamond and Pearl). In addition to the Pokémon limit, there are now other restrictions you must follow.

★ No Hold Items
★ Pokémon that know HM moves that are exclusive to their respective versions cannot be transferred.
★ Eggs cannot be sent over
★ The Spiky-Eared Pichu cannot be transferred.

Can I transfer my event Shiny Raikou, Entei, Suicune, or Celebi through the PokéTransfer and still obtain Zorua and Zoroark?
NO! If you transfer any of the above mentioned Pokémon through the PokéTransfer, you will not be able to obtain Zorua or Zoroark. Instead, you will need to use the Relocator.

Do I still have to capture my transferred Pokémon like in the Pal Park?
No, unlike the Pal Park, you will obtain your transferred Pokémon through a mini-game. Requiring good aim, you task is to use a bow that shoots out Pokéballs to capture your Pokémon. You control the bow through the touch screen and the Pokémon will be shifting between bushes through the top screen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2011
Is there any leagues,clans or teams in place for B/W? would really like to gte in to one if i can love the ideal of goin to war with a few friends at my side.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is there any leagues,clans or teams in place for B/W? would really like to gte in to one if i can love the ideal of goin to war with a few friends at my side.

Try looking around the battle stadium - it hosts a few different clans, so there might be something that'll interest you.

Years

The pokeshifter is a device which allows you to transfer Pokemon from the 4th generation games to Black and White, providing you have two DS'.

(Oh and it's called PokeTransfer in English, I just got used to calling it the PokeShifter).

Anyways, here's some more details on it from our FAQ :)

Ahh thanks! I dont have two DS consoles or know anyone with one so I've lucked out there!

Years
This is a long shot, but does anyone know if there is a trainer in White that has an Eevee or any of its evolutions?

Also is there actually any way to have a 6v6 battle with a friend over WiFi? I looked around yesterday and could only find the 3v3 battle where your pokemon are shown before the battle.

Thanks in advance!

pokehunter87

Pokemon Breeder
Years
hoping someone can answer this quetion for me. I got a manaphy in a trade on the GTS Negotiations. Now when i go into Negotiations with someone it wont let me offer the Manaphy up for trade. Anyone know why?!?!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years

There's no Dragon Pulse TM in Generation V. TM59 is now Incinerate.

Totally not worth the change. T_T

Anyway, my questions are:

1. If your Pokemon has collected a Shiny Leaf and/or Leaf Crown from Generation 4, does it transfer to Generation 5's summary screen?

2. Are the Shiny Leaves/Leaf Crown(s) from HGSS available in BW routes or anything like before in Johto?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back