• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Entropy [Engine Demo, no plot] [Recruiting everything but scripters]

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 29, 2018
This looks pretty good for a game that is essentially an engine at this point :p I sent you a PM about possibly providing some help.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2021
Good luck on this, I am downloading the demo so I will update this post if I find any bugs. Good luck and this is amazing work, the most amazing engine I've seen so far, even if this is never a full game you should post the engine out.

bug one: red head girl sprite is brighter on the hat and hair when running as opposed to her still/walking sprites.
bug two: Garydos does not have gen 6 sprites
bug three: for some reason hoothoot has zorua's sprites in the wild, rather, every pokemons name is hoothoot in the wild. edit: an eevee just had spiniraks name, guessing its the randomizer glitching up and not changing the pokemons name that it randomizes.
bug four: pikachu doesnt seem to want to mega evolve on the everything mega evolves challenge, despite holding an alakazite. (oops forgot to give myself a mega ring here)
bug five: the delta brozong mystery gift has given me a normal brozong.
bug six: the in batttle animation for red headed girl player is broken
bug seven: I can't seem to catch shadow pokemon from trainers.
EDIT: this isnt a bug but when facing trainers it would be nice to have an icon indicating if a pokemon is shadow. Also, I can not see how many pokemon are left on an opponents team when I battle them or between pokemon, which is a rather annoying UI issue.

similarly, I think you could split some more moves in the dual type move challenge, such as brain freeze being ice/dark or volt tacle being electric/normal or electric/fighting

Last edited:
Years
bug one: red head girl sprite is brighter on the hat and hair when running as opposed to her still/walking sprites.
These aren't the final player sprites. And in fact, I did exactly the same thing to every normal sprite to make the red-haired girl sprite, which means that there's a difference in the normal sprite as well, just not as noticeable of one.

bug two: Garydos does not have gen 6 sprites
Correction: female Garydos does not have gen 6 sprites, and I may remove a bunch of female-only sprite things for Pokemon I honestly can't tell the difference for.

bug three: for some reason hoothoot has zorua's sprites in the wild, rather, every pokemons name is hoothoot in the wild. edit: an eevee just had spiniraks name, guessing its the randomizer glitching up and not changing the pokemons name that it randomizes.
Good catch, I'll be sure to fix that.

bug four: pikachu doesnt seem to want to mega evolve on the everything mega evolves challenge, despite holding an alakazite. (oops forgot to give myself a mega ring here)
Looks like you found the problem here yourself, but just in case I'll ask: After you got the mega Ring, did Pikachu Mega Evolve correctly?

bug five: the delta brozong mystery gift has given me a normal brozong.
Considering you KNOW the Bronzong is supposed to be Delta (I mean, yes, there is the fact that the MG is called "Delta Hype", but that could refer to the Delta Episode or something), I'm willing to bet this has to do with my "make Mystery Gifts more random than the normal Essentials Mystery Gifts" code. I'll look into this.

bug six: the in batttle animation for red headed girl player is broken
Actually, all the player character animations are "broken". The ones I have are formatted for normal Essentials and I'm now using the EBS. But I'm waiting until I have an artist who designed the official player characters to fix that.

bug seven: I can't seem to catch shadow pokemon from trainers.
EDIT: this isnt a bug but when facing trainers it would be nice to have an icon indicating if a pokemon is shadow. Also, I can not see how many pokemon are left on an opponents team when I battle them or between pokemon, which is a rather annoying UI issue.
There is a UI image when a trainer Pokemon is Shadow, and the fact that there wasn't means that the Pokemon you tried to catch wasn't Shadow.
Also, there is a way to see how many Pokemon are left on the opposing team. In the EBS, it appears on the "What will X do?" screen, on the left side.

similarly, I think you could split some more moves in the dual type move challenge, such as brain freeze being ice/dark or volt tacle being electric/normal or electric/fighting
Brain Freeze as Ice/Dark would make it four times super effective against Psychic.
Volt Tackle is, in fact, Electric/Normal, so I wonder if you're going by the spreadsheet instead of the game itself.

Years
Okay, so I fixed the randomizer name glitch, thank you for pointing that out.

Secondly, I cannot replicate the glitch where the Delta Bronzong is becoming non-Delta? Do you possibly have Purity Mode on accidentally?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2021
Okay, so I fixed the randomizer name glitch, thank you for pointing that out.

Secondly, I cannot replicate the glitch where the Delta Bronzong is becoming non-Delta? Do you possibly have Purity Mode on accidentally?

My settings, randomized, nuzlocke, multitype moves, everyone can mega evolve.

Is purity mode defualtd to on in the options cause I never saw the option in the opening. If so I might have it on.

My other guess is the randomizer messes with the shadow/delta qualities too.

IS there a debug option to test deltas/albinos/shadows?

That being said, I specifically remember poison powder being the only dual type move I saw despite my pikachu knowing volt tackle.

edit: purity mode IS on by default, how annoying. Can you change that? I feel like most people want purity mode off to begin with, and its less intuitive to have to turn it off since its hidden in the options. A lot of people new to fangames would get confused.

edit 2: okay volt tackle IS normal/electric, still I feel like more moves could be dual typed. After filling up my box most of my pokemon do not have dual typed moves, which I feel negates the point of the challenge.

edit 3: Is there a way to change movesets for pokeminorities? I feel like some deltas might get shafted without a better moveset for their new type. I know shadow pokemon get shadow moves but haven't tested deltas yet.

edit 4: See how to test poke minorities now. Cool.

edit 5: I like the reference to insurgence with mega donphan and the delta starters, but have you asked suze/the other devs permission first? I know its just stats/coloring here but it seems a bit dirty if you haven't.

edit 6: is there a reason for some of these delta colorings being so off? You had a weedle that looked fine as grass/steel with a green/silver coloring then a bright blue kakuna that hurts to look at still be grass/steel.

edit 7: This post is turning out to be a little bit negative, so I will counter it with a lot of positives. I love some of the typings for these deltas so far. Electric/Dragon Fearow line seems amazing, making a pokemon I wouldn't normally use actually a bit more appealing. Also, the only reason I'm being so harsh is I really love what you're doing so far and want to see it even more fleshed out. I see you're point with brainfreeze though, 4x effective on psychic would remove the "challenge" idea. Still, I would love to see you brainstorm some more two type combos to make it less of a cool option to see some two type moves occasionally to a completely new experience! Also pokeminorities is an awesome name.

edit 8: Why is delta zygarde pure normal type, he's my favorite legend and this is a bad change D:

edit 9: Did you make that delta aegislash sprite? If not might want to give credit there... You might just want to make a credits section in general.

edit 10: Delta mightyenas backsprite is messed up.

Last edited:
Years
My settings, randomized, nuzlocke, multitype moves, everyone can mega evolve.

Is purity mode defualtd to on in the options cause I never saw the option in the opening. If so I might have it on.

My other guess is the randomizer messes with the shadow/delta qualities too.

IS there a debug option to test deltas/albinos/shadows?

That being said, I specifically remember poison powder being the only dual type move I saw despite my pikachu knowing volt tackle.

edit: purity mode IS on by default, how annoying. Can you change that? I feel like most people want purity mode off to begin with, and its less intuitive to have to turn it off since its hidden in the options. A lot of people new to fangames would get confused.

Oh, Purity Mode is defaulted to On? That's a mistake, it was supposed to be Off. Thanks for catching that.

edit 2: okay volt tackle IS normal/electric, still I feel like more moves could be dual typed. After filling up my box most of my pokemon do not have dual typed moves, which I feel negates the point of the challenge.

I do want some ideas, because IMO yes, dual-typed moves don't cover enough.

edit 3: Is there a way to change movesets for pokeminorities? I feel like some deltas might get shafted without a better moveset for their new type. I know shadow pokemon get shadow moves but haven't tested deltas yet.

Actually, movesets for Deltas do change. I have it so that if the normal Pokemon gets STAB from a move (even if it's a status move), and a similar move of one of the Delta's new types exists, it switches to that move. Likewise, TMs and Move Tutor moves of the normal Pokemon's types cannot be learned by Deltas (aside from the "every Pokemon learns these" TMs), and instead they learn every TM that matches their new type.

However, if you use the Debug Menu to make a normal Pokemon Delta, it won't automatically change the moveset.

edit 4: See how to test poke minorities now. Cool.

edit 5: I like the reference to insurgence with mega donphan and the delta starters, but have you asked suze/the other devs permission first? I know its just stats/coloring here but it seems a bit dirty if you haven't.

Yes, I do have Suze's permission. In fact, if you beat the Champion with a Delta Pokemon in your party, Suze will challenge you, having the aforementioned Mega Donphan, as well as Delta Victini named Zeta, Delta Jirachi named Omicron, a Mew named Insurgence, as well as a Delta Gallade and a Delta Zoroark.

Likewise, if you beat the Champion with a Shiny in your party, someone based on one of my Shiny-obsessed friends will challenge you.

edit 6: is there a reason for some of these delta colorings being so off? You had a weedle that looked fine as grass/steel with a green/silver coloring then a bright blue kakuna that hurts to look at still be grass/steel.

Actually, Kakuna is that harsh blue because it's a halfway state between Delta Weedle and Delta Beedrill's colors.

edit 7: This post is turning out to be a little bit negative, so I will counter it with a lot of positives. I love some of the typings for these deltas so far. Electric/Dragon Fearow line seems amazing, making a pokemon I wouldn't normally use actually a bit more appealing. Also, the only reason I'm being so harsh is I really love what you're doing so far and want to see it even more fleshed out. I see you're point with brainfreeze though, 4x effective on psychic would remove the "challenge" idea. Still, I would love to see you brainstorm some more two type combos to make it less of a cool option to see some two type moves occasionally to a completely new experience! Also pokeminorities is an awesome name.

A lot of the Delta typings come from the TCG, where the concept of Delta Pokemon actually originated. I think the Delta Fearow line is one of those, I don't remember. I think it's Lightning (TCG equal to Electric) type in the TCG, and I just added the Dragon type to sort of counterpart the normal Fearow's Flying type.

edit 8: Why is delta zygarde pure normal type, he's my favorite legend and this is a bad change D:

I think it was a "toothpaste" joke. I may change him to Dark/Fairy or something.

edit 9: Did you make that delta aegislash sprite? If not might want to give credit there... You might just want to make a credits section in general.

edit 10: Delta mightyenas backsprite is messed up.

Yeah, a few backsprites are messed up - not just among the Deltas (for example, normal Primal Groudon). I need to fix that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2021
Okay cool, its good to know you have permission! Also cool to know deltas change movesets, I just wasn't willing to check last night. Also yeah, changing zygarde would be cool, he already gets shafted on his defualt typing/moveset.

I might try and learn mapping to help you out. No promises though. It might be nice to get someone to help out with tiles.

Third thing, I will edit this page with a pastebin on some dual-type ideas for moves.

Years
Okay cool, its good to know you have permission! Also cool to know deltas change movesets, I just wasn't willing to check last night.
It's not as much of a change to the learnsets as I'd like it to be sometimes, just because I don't want to write 721 distinct learnsets, so it's just a subroutine that will look at and alter the learnsets itself, and it uses the "similar moves" list on Bulbapedia, and there's not a lot of moves on that list and they're quite specific so I doubt many Pokemon learn a lot of them.

I might try and learn mapping to help you out. No promises though. It might be nice to get someone to help out with tiles.
I had a mapper for a little bit, but he didn't have the ability to update to the version of RPG XP that I had so my game wasn't compatible with his editor.

Third thing, I will edit this page with a pastebin on some dual-type ideas for moves.
Ooh, thanks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2021
It's not as much of a change to the learnsets as I'd like it to be sometimes, just because I don't want to write 721 distinct learnsets, so it's just a subroutine that will look at and alter the learnsets itself, and it uses the "similar moves" list on Bulbapedia, and there's not a lot of moves on that list and they're quite specific so I doubt many Pokemon learn a lot of them.

I had a mapper for a little bit, but he didn't have the ability to update to the version of RPG XP that I had so my game wasn't compatible with his editor.

Ooh, thanks.

Well, I mean. If I can't help map I would like to help out with whatever, trying to balance the delta movesets and looking through and seeing what types of moves might make sense giving certain typings. I saw some pokemon had ability changes too in delta form.

Years
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Giving Delta Pokémon moves should work by giving exact or near-exact clones that match Old STAB to New STAB, as well as Old Coverage to New Multiype Moves-Only
STAB if possible. Also, just for fairness, any old coverage that matches new STAB will be changed to new coverage. For example, Pikachu learns the following by level-up...

Spoiler:

but then again just my dumb idea

Last edited:
Years
Giving Delta Pokémon moves should work by giving exact or near-exact clones that match Old STAB to New STAB, as well as Old Coverage to New Multiype Moves-Only STAB if possible. Also, just for fairness, any old coverage that matches new STAB will be changed to new coverage. For example, Pikachu learns the following by level-up...

Spoiler:

but then again just my dumb idea

As it is now, I have it such that moves that give the non-Delta Pokemon STAB - Multitype STAB still counts if the player has Multitype Moves Mode off - will be changed, to the nearest move that gives the Delta Pokemon STAB (again, Multitype STAB is possible even if the player isn't playing with Multitype Moves Mode on). Moves that never give the non-Delta Pokemon STAB are unchanged, even if they suddenly become STAB moves for the Delta.

Likewise, Delta Pokemon cannot learn moves by TM or Move Tutor that their non-Delta self can get STAB from (unlike level-up moves, Multitype STAB is not counted). In exchange, they can learn every TM or Move Tutor that gives them STAB unless the move is specifically limited for some reason (Starter-only, Relic Song, Secret Sword, etc.). Exceptions to this rule include:
The Delta Starters can still learn their respective starter-only Move Tutor moves (Frenzy Plant et al, Pledges, etc.)
Any TM that is known for being compatible with every Pokemon - Protect, Toxic, etc. - retains that property for Deltas. I can't remember if I gave Delta Regigias access to Protect or not, but if I did it's because he has an 8x weakness to Fighting.
Delta Mew still learns every TM and Move Tutor move - unlike normal Mew, it even gets the Starter-only Move Tutor moves.

Delta Victini and Delta Jirachi have exactly the same level-up learnset of their normal counterpart, except they learn their new special move at level 50. They still lose their Psychic type TMs and Move Tutor moves and instead get every Fairy type one.
De;ta Arceus and Delta Shedinja have a few moves in their level-up learnsets that are changed, just to give them more coverage.
Delta Kyurem's learnset doesn't change in any way, but that's because the Kyurem gimmick.

This is the closest I can get to giving the Pokemon unique movesets without going through and writing a new moveset for every single Pokemon, including those that have different learnsets for their alternate forms in the Multiple Forms script (something I actually did do for Victini and Jirachi). Even going through and changing old moves that give new STAB to new moves that don't give STAB would require writing an entirely new subroutine, and the one I have now that changes moves is over 4,000 lines of code long.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
As it is now, I have it such that moves that give the non-Delta Pokemon STAB - Multitype STAB still counts if the player has Multitype Moves Mode off - will be changed, to the nearest move that gives the Delta Pokemon STAB (again, Multitype STAB is possible even if the player isn't playing with Multitype Moves Mode on). Moves that never give the non-Delta Pokemon STAB are unchanged, even if they suddenly become STAB moves for the Delta.

Likewise, Delta Pokemon cannot learn moves by TM or Move Tutor that their non-Delta self can get STAB from (unlike level-up moves, Multitype STAB is not counted). In exchange, they can learn every TM or Move Tutor that gives them STAB unless the move is specifically limited for some reason (Starter-only, Relic Song, Secret Sword, etc.). Exceptions to this rule include:
The Delta Starters can still learn their respective starter-only Move Tutor moves (Frenzy Plant et al, Pledges, etc.)
Any TM that is known for being compatible with every Pokemon - Protect, Toxic, etc. - retains that property for Deltas. I can't remember if I gave Delta Regigias access to Protect or not, but if I did it's because he has an 8x weakness to Fighting.
Delta Mew still learns every TM and Move Tutor move - unlike normal Mew, it even gets the Starter-only Move Tutor moves.

Delta Victini and Delta Jirachi have exactly the same level-up learnset of their normal counterpart, except they learn their new special move at level 50. They still lose their Psychic type TMs and Move Tutor moves and instead get every Fairy type one.
De;ta Arceus and Delta Shedinja have a few moves in their level-up learnsets that are changed, just to give them more coverage.
Delta Kyurem's learnset doesn't change in any way, but that's because the Kyurem gimmick.

This is the closest I can get to giving the Pokemon unique movesets without going through and writing a new moveset for every single Pokemon, including those that have different learnsets for their alternate forms in the Multiple Forms script (something I actually did do for Victini and Jirachi). Even going through and changing old moves that give new STAB to new moves that don't give STAB would require writing an entirely new subroutine, and the one I have now that changes moves is over 4,000 lines of code long.

well
sounds about right
rip in kill stone edge pikachu 2015-2015
speaking of delta 'chus, when i was testing delta pokemon, my raichu didn't have x/y sprites. and when i activated Mix and Mega with a Salamencite, it ran into an error and skipped that turn entirely with Raichu coming out a mega, and when i checked the status Raichu broke the world.

Years
well
sounds about right
rip in kill stone edge pikachu 2015-2015
speaking of delta 'chus, when i was testing delta pokemon, my raichu didn't have x/y sprites. and when i activated Mix and Mega with a Salamencite, it ran into an error and skipped that turn entirely with Raichu coming out a mega, and when i checked the status Raichu broke the world.

In the currently-released version of the demo, some female Pokemon don't have X/Y sprites - that's been fixed in the version that me and my partner are currently debugging. Arceus and Genesect forms need to be worked on, though.

As for Pikachu @ Salamencite, can you tell me exactly what the error was? It could be as simple as me misspelling Aerialate in the Salamencite portion of the Mix-and-Mega script.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
In the currently-released version of the demo, some female Pokemon don't have X/Y sprites - that's been fixed in the version that me and my partner are currently debugging. Arceus and Genesect forms need to be worked on, though.

As for Pikachu @ Salamencite, can you tell me exactly what the error was? It could be as simple as me misspelling Aerialate in the Salamencite portion of the Mix-and-Mega script.

the ability worked fine. Also it was a raichu, a delta raichu, and Salamencite worked fine before. The error was that I was forced out of the menu and into the battle screen, the background disappeared, and some GUI elements remained.

Also, challenging the camper with Lula in Debug Mode causes a crash. That, and possibly also my Raichu is still broken. What IS Lula the Redactan's purpose anyway? Being creepy? Because if so, SUCCESS!

back to mix and mega, if i recall the new mega stones don't work there. Or maybe it was just Porygon-Z's.

oh, and good news: i'm trying to learn how to use Blender. Don't expect anything much at all, but hey... Maybe you'll get sprites for everything you wanted except Lula and maybe several things you don't want, except they'll all be terrible? Sounds about right.

Years
the ability worked fine. Also it was a raichu, a delta raichu, and Salamencite worked fine before. The error was that I was forced out of the menu and into the battle screen, the background disappeared, and some GUI elements remained.

Also, challenging the camper with Lula in Debug Mode causes a crash. That, and possibly also my Raichu is still broken. What IS Lula the Redactan's purpose anyway? Being creepy? Because if so, SUCCESS!

back to mix and mega, if i recall the new mega stones don't work there. Or maybe it was just Porygon-Z's.

oh, and good news: i'm trying to learn how to use Blender. Don't expect anything much at all, but hey... Maybe you'll get sprites for everything you wanted except Lula and maybe several things you don't want, except they'll all be terrible? Sounds about right.

Just used Delta Pikachu @ Salamencite in the Camper Jeff battle, caught Lula, and ended the battle just fine. So either:
A.) I somehow fixed whatever was broken in your case without knowing it
B.) You downloaded after I deleted the file from my Google Drive, and you got an incomplete download.

Also, somehow I fixed the "catching a trainer Pokemon ends the battle early" bug. Dunno what I did to fix that, but yay.

Lula's use doesn't actually come until you've gotten her to maximum happiness...and trust me, you'll know when she's gotten there,

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Just used Delta Pikachu @ Salamencite in the Camper Jeff battle, caught Lula, and ended the battle just fine. So either:
A.) I somehow fixed whatever was broken in your case without knowing it
B.) You downloaded after I deleted the file from my Google Drive, and you got an incomplete download.

Also, somehow I fixed the "catching a trainer Pokemon ends the battle early" bug. Dunno what I did to fix that, but yay.

Lula's use doesn't actually come until you've gotten her to maximum happiness...and trust me, you'll know when she's gotten there,

wow you are fixing stuff like mad by complete accident

and also if Lula is a a waifu i swear to god

Back