• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Aster Violet

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
Before I download this, what is the differences between the three games? Are they similar, but have slight differences like in Gold, Silver, and Crystal?

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
i encountered a problem when trying to download the files, i cant open them. i've opened plenty of RAR files before with 7zip but these refuse to open

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Before I download this, what is the differences between the three games? Are they similar, but have slight differences like in Gold, Silver, and Crystal?

Yes, they are very similar. RP and IP have a few version exclusives.

AV (Aster Violet) has a few more differences:
*Slightly more difficult.
*Female trainer has a different look.
*You get Eevee from the professor, in addition to the starter of your choice.
*The other two starters are available in post game.
*Route 503 has a house where you can re-battle the Champion in post game.
*Two additional post game missions. Both start in Smoke City.

It's mostly post game stuff. But there are minor differences here and there.
Have fun and tell us how it goes. :)
~TJ

i encountered a problem when trying to download the files, i cant open them. i've opened plenty of RAR files before with 7zip but these refuse to open

Not sure what the problem is. I can download, open and run the games just fine with WinRar.
Have you tried re-downloading? It's amazing how many problems that fixes. ^_^

~TJ

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 15, 2022
Why cant I increase the screen size? There is no screen size option. I have to play in small size.
I am playing asterviolet v 1.33

Last edited:

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Why cant I increase the screen size? There is no screen size option. I have to play in small size.
I am playing asterviolet v 1.33

Changing the screen size could result in a corrupted save game. Therefore it was removed.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 2, 2018
In order to extract the file I had to use Express Zip to convert it into a .zip and then use 7zip to actually extract it. I'm not sure what you did to the rar file, but I'd suggest looking into fixing it. I've never had any issues unzipping rar files before. This was for Aster Violet.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, as figuring out how to get it to work took up all the time I had for games, but it looks really good (otherwise I wouldn't have put so much effort into getting it to work).

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
In order to extract the file I had to use Express Zip to convert it into a .zip and then use 7zip to actually extract it. I'm not sure what you did to the rar file, but I'd suggest looking into fixing it. I've never had any issues unzipping rar files before. This was for Aster Violet.

I haven't had a chance to play the game yet, as figuring out how to get it to work took up all the time I had for games, but it looks really good (otherwise I wouldn't have put so much effort into getting it to work).

Hi, I'm archiving them normally through windows. (Right click, add to archive) Nothing special.

Usually with issues like this the download was interrupted.
You might have to re-download the file.

I did upload a new version today. Maybe you have more luck with that one. ;)

I hope you enjoy the game. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
Some glitches I've noticed
Not major*
The water tiles by the man who wishes to surf just outside of snowfall, can be walked on.

Major Exploit*
Pricey evolution stones can be farmed from the man standing in front of the door at the professor's lab in sunshine town.

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
Some glitches I've noticed
Not major*
The water tiles by the man who wishes to surf just outside of snowfall, can be walked on.

Major Exploit*
Pricey evolution stones can be farmed from the man standing in front of the door at the professor's lab in sunshine town.

Thanks. :) Always good to get feedback and glitch reports.

I'll put the tiles glitch on the to do list.

I have seen the exploit in Rose Pink and Iris Purple in a playthrough on youtube.
I've decided not to patch it. After all it is the players themselves who decide how they want to play the game. ;) The official games have their fair share of exploits too.
Because the event is different in Aster Violet it doesn't exist there though.

Do keep me informed if you find any more glitches or bugs. :)

~TJ

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
Ok, how about this one.
The return stone doesn't seem to deevolve some Eevee evolutions. Looks like it deevolves the official evolutions like Flareon, Glaceon... etc. But I doesn't work on Quakeon, also you can simply use the other stones on those without the return stone... however the name doesn't change back to whatever you evolved Quakeon to. So you would have "Quakeon" Flareon.

It is good work you've done with this one. I'd really like a game like yours with only orginal pokemon. Maybe a future project (might make my own) ;).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 2, 2018
Hi, I'm archiving them normally through windows. (Right click, add to archive) Nothing special.

Usually with issues like this the download was interrupted.
You might have to re-download the file.

I did upload a new version today. Maybe you have more luck with that one. ;)

I hope you enjoy the game. :)

I did try downloading it several times. I don't know much about winRar, but whatever. I managed to get it working. I've enjoyed it so far. It tends to be kind of laggy, but that's an issue I've seen with almost all the games made using Pokemon Essentials, and yours is much less laggy than most others I've played. The new Eeveelutions are cool, the story is pretty cool, the fact that Torchic is a starter is awesome (Blaziken is my all time favorite Pokemon, so you get extra points for giving me the choice to use him). It's a good game, keep up the great work!

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 8, 2021
@TheZealot
Thank you. ;) Glad you enjoy it.

Ok, how about this one.
The return stone doesn't seem to deevolve some Eevee evolutions. Looks like it deevolves the official evolutions like Flareon, Glaceon... etc. But I doesn't work on Quakeon, also you can simply use the other stones on those without the return stone... however the name doesn't change back to whatever you evolved Quakeon to. So you would have "Quakeon" Flareon.

It is good work you've done with this one. I'd really like a game like yours with only orginal pokemon. Maybe a future project (might make my own) ;).

Thank you. :) Do that, there is no copyright on the idea.
You can also just copy any line of code you like.
If you do, remember to credit the people in the credit list.
Not all of it is mine. ;)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by deevolving not working.
Every eeveelution and almost all other pokemon deevolve normally.

The problem however is that when they do they retain the name of the evolved form.
Right now the only fix for that is to give them nicknames/go to the name rater.

~TJ

Back