• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Doctor Who Discussion [Spoilers!]

Years
SDBo9Sd.gif

This originally was a Series 11 Discussion thread, but I've now edited the title to make it more inclusive. Beware of spoilers, sweetie!​

BBC has confirmed that the 11th series featuring a new doctor, new companions, and a new showrunner will air on the 7th of October.

The title of the episode is "THE WOMAN WHO FELL TO EARTH".

Will you be watching?
For those who stopped watching Doctor Who because it felt stale - has the new direction the show is taking drawn you back?
How amazing is Jodie Whitaker going to be?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Looking forward to it. Hopefully there is no political messages forced down the show. I quite enjoyed Capaldi's run, it wasn't that stale though. Heaven Sent is still the best episode of new DW.

Years
Looking forward to it. Hopefully there is no political messages forced down the show. I quite enjoyed Capaldi's run, it wasn't that stale though. Heaven Sent is still the best episode of new DW.

I will say, his only rough season was really his first one. The other two were a lot better. I really liked Bill & Nardole as companions.

I'm looking forward to Jodie tho. She was fantastic in Black Mirror & Broadchurch.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I never got over Clara leaving so I couldn't fully appreciate Nardole and Bill haha. Some adventures in S10 were pretty cool, though. S9 is probably still my favorite, except for perhaps S3 and second half of S7. Every season is great in its own way :)

I am a bit afraid of getting disappointed with this new showrunner and Doctor, haha... I'm trying to not hope for too much d: I loved when DW was more realistic and down to earth, yet silly, in S1-4. S5-7 were more silly and plastic and detached, and S8-10 became a strange mix of artificial and super grim at times. I missed Martha sighing at her family or Donna bantering with her mother.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I'm super looking forward to it, been a fan of Doctor Who for 13 years now.

I get that it changes, and I know I may not like the changes.
If I don't I keep watching, and just tell myself in 3-4 years time, everything will change once more. So, maybe it'll get better.

I wish Jodie the best of luck with her first season as the Doctor, and will be watching the whole way. Her first season maybe a bit stale, but they always are.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I'm super looking forward to it, been a fan of Doctor Who for 13 years now.

I get that it changes, and I know I may not like the changes.
If I don't I keep watching, and just tell myself in 3-4 years time, everything will change once more. So, maybe it'll get better.

I wish Jodie the best of luck with her first season as the Doctor, and will be watching the whole way. Her first season maybe a bit stale, but they always are.

For 12th and 10th doctors, their first seasons were a mixed bag. But 9ths first and only season was fantastic, and kept the revival show going due to its success. Matt Smith's first season, series 5 was his best. Series 6 and series 7 tried to be grand with its plots but most of series 5 was just Doctor adventuring with Amy and later Rory.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm looking forward to this!

I stopped watching after the 11th Doctor regenerated since the 12th wasn't my cup of tea, but I'm definitely watching this season. I just have more to look forward to w/this interesting change.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Agree, in fact, Matt Smith's very first episode is one of my absolute favorites ^^ The Eleventh Hour just does so so many things right, and Smith feels like the Doctor from the very start.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Came across a great trailer, haha

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 51
  • Seen Aug 14, 2019
At last, a Doctor I can have a crush on. :P

For a first episode of a new cast and crew, I thought it was excellent.

I loved the new mix of the ending music. It was lovely to hear something that hearkened back to the old style. I always felt most of the recent versions of the theme were a bit to bombastic and lacked the feeling of mystery that Delia gave us.

I always try my best to avoid spoilers of any kind, so it was fun meeting all these characters for the first time.

I can't wait until next week.

PS: Hello. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Tim Shaw hahaha

Weird new Tardis. Very throwback to s1-4!

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
It's been a while, but the Series is over now.
We have to wait until New Year's for the mysterious episode titled: Resolution.
and then it's the big wait till 2020. (This is 2016 all over again.)

How did this Series do it for you?
What was the best episode, which was the worst?
Is Jodie a good Doctor?

Discuss!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I really enjoyed this series, a nice refresh after what was becoming very predictable TV. Jodie is probably my favourite new who dr now, and my particular favourite episode might be Kerblam!, the spiders one was definitely the worst

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Jodie did fantastic with what she was given. Just wish there were more references to Gallifrey and being a Time Lord. And that we didn't have to wait until 2020 for the next series. >_>

Years
Jodie did well. This series was very lighthearted and had too many episodes on earth but I stopped watching because of the convoluted mess Moffat turned the show into so it was a refreshing and much needed change.

Graham is the best companion, followed by Yaz, then Ryan.

Last edited:

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Jodie did fantastic with what she was given. Just wish there were more references to Gallifrey and being a Time Lord. And that we didn't have to wait until 2020 for the next series. >_>

I agree.
I know they said they'd be no past enemies.
But, it feels like there was no important past references at all.

We got a few minor references, Peter Capaldi being Scottish, Agatha Christie Reference, etc.
But, nothing to link it with the other Series' in my opinion.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Gonna watch it tomorrow if it's up on the BBC America website and post my thoughts. I hear it was very good!

Back