• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
is there any way yu can not catch Zekrom?? im at N's castle, and i REALLY dont wanna catch it...

Sure! You have to catch enough Pokemon to fill up your boxes and party though, that's 720 Pokemon in your boxes and 6 in your party, then you don't have to catch it. It will wait somewhere else for you post-game.

Good luck!

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
It is my birthday today. How do I get the email from Pokemon GL or am I supposed to wait a couple of days. I am in need of the Togekiss as I missed out on the Eeveelutions.

Serebii.net
In addition to this, the special Togekiss present started this month, giving the ability to receive a Togekiss with Super Luck in the month of your birthday, as set in your Trainer Club account. When it's your birthday month, you'll receive an e-mail regarding it within the system itself in your Trainer Club Account

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
It is my birthday today. How do I get the email from Pokemon GL or am I supposed to wait a couple of days. I am in need of the Togekiss as I missed out on the Eeveelutions.

Serebii.net
Ah, mine was Wednesday. What you do is log in. You should see a PM that explains what to do. ;)

On that note, can I reset for this Togekiss? (Or any DW Pokemon in General?)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2015
Should i buy them?

I used to love Pokemon. I remember i was obsessed with everything to do with it. However playing HG and Platinum bores me now. After i got bored, i just seemed to drift away. I want to get back into Pokemon. Do you guys think Black or White could suck me back in?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I used to love Pokemon. I remember i was obsessed with everything to do with it. However playing HG and Platinum bores me now. After i got bored, i just seemed to drift away. I want to get back into Pokemon. Do you guys think Black or White could suck me back in?

Personally, I think they could get your interest back. Brand new Pokemon, brand new storyline, brand new region, brand new things overall like seasons, they're awesome! But really, if you want a feel of what the games have to offer, check out our FAQ as well as discussion threads that give you an insight into what other users think about the game. These being things that irritate you, things you like and finally what makes people hate the games--but even though we have lots of negative threads, we still have a lot of people who are positive about the games, as I'm sure you will be if you purchase one or the other. :)

Either way merging into Quick Questions for people to input if they wish since we don't allow threads on "should I get the games or not?"

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
My Pansear just learned Acrobatics. The moveset I have on it now is Acrobatics, Flame Burst, Bite, and Work Up. I think I want Flamethrower, Brick Break, Crunch, and Acrobatics, but would it be better to just use Work Up instead of Crunch? I kinda want to evolve it, but I want to be sure about this first.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
how do you get all the people into black city? I've added a few people from white forest and i'm wondering if it is possible to get every person into black city so that i can unlock all the items?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
how do you get all the people into black city? I've added a few people from white forest and i'm wondering if it is possible to get every person into black city so that i can unlock all the items?
I think you need to have people with the opposite game version, visit your Black City through the Entralink. I'm not sure though cause I have Pokémon White, but I think it was that.

devilace372

cast between dusk and dawn
Years
I think you need to have people with the opposite game version, visit your Black City through the Entralink. I'm not sure though cause I have Pokémon White, but I think it was that.

ok thankyou i've got both versions just on my white version i haven't got to white forest yet i'll find out when i reach white forest and let you know if you'd like?

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
The Greek Unova Team Reccomendation thread

Alrighty, in this new playthrough im needing to have some help with a few things.

First: Whats a good all around team (Don't include starters as I will soon be replacing mine)

Second: Good Phsycic type (Solosis isnt reall doin it for me and Im thinkin about askin somebody for a Gothita)

Third: Should i switch my pignite for a litwick, since I just love that awesome chandelerymon.

Fourth: Some help deciding on my elctrick and steel types, Im thinking Galvantula and KlingKlank.

Give me your opinions, in this pokemon community, everyone is my friend, and all of your opinions matter to me. <--- sounded creepy didnt it?

~Ares~

EDIT: This was oddly enough moved here for some reason that I'm unsure of, so it still says thread up there but it seems now its just a post... so i guess im just gonna have to check here rather than have a thread dedicated to my party.

Last edited:

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Can I breed legendaries? Even though they're typically genderless it'd be only logical for them to breed with Metamon ("Ditto") like other genderless Pokemon. (I mean come on, how else would the race survive? ^^; ) Not letting them breed would just be dirty pool. I want to breed a Victini. Can I do this in any way?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Alrighty, in this new playthrough im needing to have some help with a few things.

First: Whats a good all around team (Don't include starters as I will soon be replacing mine)

Second: Good Phsycic type (Solosis isnt reall doin it for me and Im thinkin about askin somebody for a Gothita)

Third: Should i switch my pignite for a litwick, since I just love that awesome chandelerymon.

Fourth: Some help deciding on my elctrick and steel types, Im thinking Galvantula and KlingKlank.

Give me your opinions, in this pokemon community, everyone is my friend, and all of your opinions matter to me. <--- sounded creepy didnt it?

~Ares~

EDIT: This was oddly enough moved here for some reason that I'm unsure of, so it still says thread up there but it seems now its just a post... so i guess im just gonna have to check here rather than have a thread dedicated to my party.

Well, you can't just say "these 6 are awesome" because it depends on how they're used. \; I guess a team of your favorites mixed with power would be good.

Gothita isn't much better, IMO. Sigilyph is much better, being quite good with defensive stats and has decent offensive stats. There isn't much choice in the steel-type department this time around, the Ferrothorn is quite good, but terribly slow, Bisharp would be your best bet IMO. Klinklang has an awful movepool. Galvantula is quite the good Pokemon, I'd use it! :)

It was moved because it was suited better for Quick Questions and should be posted in here. :) Just a reminder for next time.

Can I breed legendaries? Even though they're typically genderless it'd be only logical for them to breed with Metamon ("Ditto") like other genderless Pokemon. (I mean come on, how else would the race survive? ^^; ) Not letting them breed would just be dirty pool. I want to breed a Victini. Can I do this in any way?

Nope, breeding legends is impossible -- the only exception is Manaphy who can breed with Ditto for Phione, who is otherwise unobtainable.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
That's really cheap. >< Thanks for the info.

Ok, new question just now: I'm trying to get two games, Pokemon Black and White, to connect on the Hi-Link since I want to visit the Black game's Black City in order to make grass patches and water show up in my White game's White Forest. I know these DS's can connect since I just used them to trade Pokemon with each other. Yet, when my characters go to the bridge in Hi-Link, the connection bar is red and even after letting them sit a few minutes, there is no sign of them establishing a connection with each other. I even tried all combinations involving going to different ends of the bridge, but still no success. The only explanation I can think of is in the Black game the character has only just made it to Hiun ("Castellia"?) City for the first time (2 badges), where as in the White I've beaten the story and visited every location, including White Forest. Maybe the Black game character has to visit Black City first?

EDIT: Ok, looks like we can't both be in Hi-Link at the same time. My White guy is in White Forest, and my Black in the Hi-Link. I got through the bridge portal, but there's nothing to do there. I wandered all over and all I can do is talk to the elderly man about missions or go back to my normal world. Plus, I'm worried I may need to have my Black guy in Black City and my White guy in the Hi-Link to make grass appear in my White game's White Forest, but as I said, my Black character is far from unlocking that part of the game. :-/

Last edited:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
My Pansear just learned Acrobatics. The moveset I have on it now is Acrobatics, Flame Burst, Bite, and Work Up. I think I want Flamethrower, Brick Break, Crunch, and Acrobatics, but would it be better to just use Work Up instead of Crunch? I kinda want to evolve it, but I want to be sure about this first.

I didn't get this answered yet.

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
Well, I went with klink because ive already used bisharp, yeah hes great, and so soon il be looking for a litwick. Sigilyph? I might look into it, but now that i have my compoundeyes galvantula im all set for awhile.

Thanks for the info, and as for the moving of the thread thing, ehh,, dun really care about it. Its not like im gonna die right, just get personally upset when that kinda thing happens. Get used to it, im Ares...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I didn't get this answered yet.

I'd go with Crunch over Work Up, I did with Simipour and it worked great. You'll find that when you get further into the game that using stat boosting moves on such a frail Pokemon can cause problems. If this is for a competitive purpose, I'd scoot on over to the CBC question thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back