• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
OK, so, more info on the platypus Pokemon!
Lineart:
attachment.php

Name: Perripus
Species: Secret Agent Pokemon.
Type/s: Water/Fighting
Pokédex Entry: Perripus is a secret agent, but he likes to laze around in ponds in his spare time. He seems to like wearing brown fedoras.
Ability/ies: Quick Feet/Intimidate
Gender Ratio: 100% male, 0% female.

Yes, it is a WIP, but I want to be the one to finish it so I can display it in my wonderful gallery of cool sprites Failmon instead of my suckish pillowshade flower whose name I am not going to mention. So, no touchy~

Also, the colours are there to remind me what part is what.

And yes, Perry the Platypus is from Phineas and Ferb.

Attachments

• erry lineart.png
    erry lineart.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 196

Poster

Will pixel art for pizza
Years
>And yes, Perry the Platypus is from Phineas and Ferb.

OH GOD NO JESUS SAVE ME

I like the noodle ones, except that the noodles blend into easily with the blue. How about it becomes a lighter color?
How about a bowl of rice? Using shades of grey and white could do it. Also since not many colours have been used on this one. (Dunno how rice will look like in the shiny version though lol)

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Yeah, except it's the noodle pokemon.
I like both versions, the noodles are good.
But then i thought of something, maybe the noodles could be part of the female version?
or maybe just smaller noodles on females?

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
>And yes, Perry the Platypus is from Phineas and Ferb.

OH GOD NO JESUS SAVE ME

How about a bowl of rice? Using shades of grey and white could do it. Also since not many colours have been used on this one. (Dunno how rice will look like in the shiny version though lol)
When I saw platypus on the list of things to do, I just had to do a Perry the Platypus sprite.

And here it is, with the palette!
attachment.php

I think it's a bit meh-ish, though.

Attachments

• erry lineart.png
    erry lineart.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 195

~Wind~

Detective
Years
... I just noticed that... o_o'
Um... so... yeah.
I like the one without noodles best, after all, it is part normal type, and jigglypuff (which everyone seems to be likening it to) only has its tuft of hair.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
When I saw platypus on the list of things to do, I just had to do a Perry the Platypus sprite.

And here it is, with the palette!
attachment.php

I think it's a bit meh-ish, though.

I think it should be a wip, as one of the spriters could straighten out his body.

Oo'

Years
... I just noticed that... o_o'
Um... so... yeah.
I like the one without noodles best, after all, it is part normal type, and jigglypuff (which everyone seems to be likening it to) only has its tuft of hair.

We were referring to Jigglypuff because of the size and shape, not the detail. According to you then, it's a blue Jigglypuff witha bowl of water. Notice how the water is just water. Without the noodle design there is NOTHING to say it's the noodle Pokémon >>

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
What do you mean by 'straighten out the body'? If you tell me, I'll do it myself. (Sorry, I don't want to do a collab with anyone. So I can display it in my thread.)

His body and face look unnatural. Make the lines straighter.

New idea brought to this page...

Name: Blaydyte
Bladetail pokemon
Abilities: Guts
Type: Steel
Pokedex: It is a small yellow creature with no distinguishable head. It's skin is so tough only a diamond cutter can penetrate it. Blaydyte has a blue line running all the way down it's back, forming into an arrow between it's eyes (If you ever watched Avatar: The last airbender when you were little, it looks like aang's arrow). It has a blue marking on each of it's four stout, stubby little legs. It has a jagged razor blade as a tail, but one side of it is stuck to it's rear/back part of it's body, leaving just the blade sticking out, giving Blaydyte the inability to swish it's tail. Blaydyte has a small blunt horn on it's forehead, used for shaving off treebark, it's staple diet. Blaydyte then sits on the treebark to cut it into bite-sized pieces. All of Blaydyte's attacks are attack based, and are carried out with its bladetail, so it looks really wierd, as the opponent sees the rear end of the pokemon flying at them. It's horn is unsuitable for combat. One thing is sure: You don't want this pokemon sitting on you.

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Well, since Chesu mentioned a bombardier beetle, and I already had a concept hidden away somewhere, I decided to give it a shot.

Bombacid, the Acid Beetle Pokemon.

Bombacid.png

Bombacid2.png

I couldn't decide on a color. And it may have come out a little big... >.>
Feel free to make edits if need be.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I'm a little confused on why Chanpuff has a "shiny" version when it doesn't even have a finalized sprite yet...

I couldn't decide on a color. And it may have come out a little big... >.>
Feel free to make edits if need be.

It is kind of big. Regarding the color, purple and orange play well together; maybe use the orange version, but make the orange stripe on the head and the spots purple?

Years
The Beetle feels too large in my opinion. I think it's design could be better fit for the size similar to Denchura's.

Last edited:

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
You could try add chopsticks for Chanpuff, maybe that would emphasize the noodle Pokemon. xD
In any case imo the sprite's already good as it is.

Anyways, here's Swampike:

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is a large pokemon, as big as gyarados. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate
Description: [Wimpike's evolution]
picture.php

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Some weird-ish ideas...:

Well,as the ideas are no longer accepted,i have just detailized my previous ones:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
You could try add chopsticks for Chanpuff, maybe that would emphasize the noodle Pokemon. xD
In any case imo the sprite's already good as it is.

Anyways, here's Swampike:

Name: Swampike
Type/s: Water
Pokédex Entry: It is a large pokemon, as big as gyarados. It has a short temper. Scientists are unsure how wimpike evolves into this monster.
Ability/ies: Torrent/intimidate
Description: [Wimpike's evolution]
picture.php

Whoa, that looks cool. Fits perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back