• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I like the Arceus plate idea. That's that.

Also, a surge in journey RPs doesn't necessarily mean that there are suddenly too many of those. They have a limit to the number of players, don't they? Thus, there are probably some people who still haven't joined a journey RP but might like to try it.

The "region reviving competition" idea is starting to tire me though... in my RP, it's mostly a way to spice up things by letting the trainers start with two already pretty strong pokémon that have bonded well with their trainer. And a reason for the characters to go around and interact and meet bad guys, of course :3 But a RP like this needs some kind of subplot that perhaps eventually becomes the main plot...

You likey Arceus Plates? Hm . . . erm . . . we could still integrate those . . . um . . . once we figure out what we're actually going to do, lol.
Ooooooooooooooh, maybe the Arceus Plates are needed to um . . . well, summon Arceus (or at least his powers) and restore the world to its former glory, if we take things to the extreme of "The Great War" that Blaziken15 just described. That way we can be in a world that is kind of . . . wrecked, but the RPers end up restoring it or something in the . . . actually, in the sequel, as what you mentioned was there only being a certain number of plates in each region. 3 RPers = 3 Plates. That's 15 plates, and the final one could be in the sequel?

"Region Reviving Competition" . . . why am I not sure what you're talking baout? Lol xD

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years

You likey Arceus Plates? Hm . . . erm . . . we could still integrate those . . . um . . . once we figure out what we're actually going to do, lol.
Ooooooooooooooh, maybe the Arceus Plates are needed to um . . . well, summon Arceus (or at least his powers) and restore the world to its former glory, if we take things to the extreme of "The Great War" that Blaziken15 just described. That way we can be in a world that is kind of . . . wrecked, but the RPers end up restoring it or something in the . . . actually, in the sequel, as what you mentioned was there only being a certain number of plates in each region. 3 RPers = 3 Plates. That's 15 plates, and the final one could be in the sequel?

"Region Reviving Competition" . . . why am I not sure what you're talking baout? Lol xD
Yup, that's what I would've done… WELL! Now that it's been pointed out that I'm not the most creative cat in the block, I guess I should simply move on…

DIGIMON!
Spoiler:

Let me know what you guys think! :D

It's some sort of intro/compilation of the OP for the concept. I still need to come to terms with some of the mechanics for how the RP will work (and figure out some other stuff too), but this is what I've managed to create out of boredom. :knockedou

… aalchemmyyyyy

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Yup, that's what I would've done… WELL! Now that it's been pointed out that I'm not the most creative cat in the block, I guess I should simply move on…

DIGIMON!
Spoiler:

It's some sort of intro/compilation of the OP for the concept. I still need to come to terms with some of the mechanics for how the RP will work (and figure out some other stuff too), but this is what I've managed to create out of boredom. :knockedou

So the Digimon RP is a mix between the third and fourth seasons or simply the fourth?

… aalchemmyyyyy

Full metal???? :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Would a roleplay about Pokemon basing around the new testament be too touchy of a subject? I just thought as you guys were discussing how arceus is a god, you could have a Jesus figure with the ??? Plate and 13(? How many different types are there again?) disciples but not have a generally Christian kind of plot.

I'm not a religious person at all but is that too touchy of a subject to meld the ideas together?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

DIGIMON!
Spoiler:

… aalchemmyyyyy

Well then, guess I fit some pieces together correctly. xD

Wow . . . you made Azulongmon sound mean . . . I've only seen him in the little bit oif Digimon World DS that I played, but . . . he didn't sound that mean xD
Sounds good though~! :P

... FuuullMeetaal

@Skymin - 17. There are 17 types. I hope you were kidding when you said 13. xD
Um . . . I'm not religious, at all, so I'd be fine with it. Dunno about others, lol.

Blaziken15

You gotta purty mouth!
Years
Would a roleplay about Pokemon basing around the new testament be too touchy of a subject? I just thought as you guys were discussing how arceus is a god, you could have a Jesus figure with the ??? Plate and 13(? How many different types are there again?) disciples but not have a generally Christian kind of plot.

I'm not a religious person at all but is that too touchy of a subject to meld the ideas together?

It does seem to be a touchy subject. It sounds interesting, I just don't know how it would work.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Like everyone said before, it is a touchy subject. However, I believe it could possibly work, though my idea brings in an anti-arceus that was talked about a page or two ago...

@ Drunk: Ok, makes a bit more sense and I think it is a good idea. I just hope the D-reaper isn't involved...

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@Skymin: I don't know… if you're not a religious person, then I fail to see how you could actually expect the plot to make sense… It would be like making a Pokémon RP and not knowing about Pokémon (blasphemous!)

Then again, although the subject can be touchy, as a religious person I say: "bugger that, if it's good, it's good [period]"

…as long as it's not libel.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
...Nnnnope. Totally not that touchy. I mean honestly, people parody Christianity all the time. At worst it gets eye rolls and the occasional troll who tries taking it seriously.

To be fair though, I find that anything to do with religion on the internet makes me extremely anxious to the point that I personally wouldn't get involved.

Years

Actually I had an idea about Arceus' plates and all that. It's got something to do with humans with Pokemon powers. Has anyone watched Sorcerer's Apprentice? The plates will act like the ring shown from the movie and they unlock the person's inner powers. But that's my idea, no stealing it, lol. XD

Well um realistically speaking, the plates can only be found in Sinnoh. You need to give a good reason why they have been magically moved to other regions. It's not like they can walk on their own and they've been buried underground lol. xD

Region Reviving is exactly this sort of thing. Region goes into war, big boom of death and poverty, region is destroyed and then region begins to build back up. See how exactly it is with this Great War idea?

Religion is a touchy subject. People can interpret it in all sorts of ways and that can cause trouble. Generally you should be cautious with such topics and like Yellow, I personally wouldn't go anywhere near such subjects over the Internet. It...I should say...can get out of hand. I can provide an example from another forum I'm on and they had a "Do you believe in God?" thread. It quickly turned into a flame-fest. If a normal discussion is uncontrollable, think of a RP which goes far more in-depth than just talk.

But I'm sure it will work if you possibly make up a different religion all together and nobody has any reason to say anything against it. =3

At worst it gets eye rolls and the occasional troll who tries taking it seriously.
You do know that religion is meant to be taken seriously, right?

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
@Skymin: I certainly wouldn't mind it. But either way it seems to be forming a plot that resembles it a little bit. That's not what i was trying to say. As long as you aren't trying to directly connect the two then I don't see why it would be a big deal.

@The Enormous RP Idea:
I know this isn't my idea, but I feel that I might as well give my two cents.

I think that Nakuzami's idea that he posted and a lot of the other ideas can be somewhat combined.

THEN
Three decades ago, the world plunged into a world war. The cause of the war can be traced back to when Arceus revealed itself to the Sinnoh region giving them his legendary plates. The other regions were enraged and envious that Arceus hadn't graced their land or settled there. These small differences only escalated as the regions began to point out more and more things that they viewed as injustice, and they all had a strong desire for the plates. They preceded to fall into full scale warfare, risking everything for the power contained by the plates. As their economies all began to plunge into recessions, and their people killed they decided to cut their losses and come to a compromise. They would distribute the plates evenly in 3's, leaving one plunged into the depths of the sea. All the while during the region's 20 year war, crime organizations began to unite under a similar goal: power over the world(#cliches). As long as they had collective power, they would each be able to maintain power over their region. After the end of the war, their power lessened and they returned to their former power. Each of them putting on a semblance of dormancy. Pokemon Leagues in each of the regions were put on hold, because the regions banned this, as they thought that their population should be focused on producing war goods, or enlisting in the military.

NOW
The leagues began to come back into existence because the regions thought that it would ease them back into cooperation. Trainers were still uncommon but it became much more popular. The regions decided to host a tournament for the top trainers in the league on a man made island, that was in the center of all the regions. An unrelated business decided to sponsor the tournament and include a cash prize for the winner. But under this innocent guise stirs evil...

This opens it up so that the trainers could have different reasons for starting in the league, some of them may need the money, or some of them might be trying to recover the plates, and some of them might be trying to save the plates from being recovered at all. <----- Good Guys.

And now I wonder why I spent my time writing that because I doubt anyone will care.

EDIT:
@Drunk: People can understand religions without being religious themselves. They may not believe in it though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Dia, you don't have to follow canon when making up a new RP. The plates could simply have spread over the whole world instead of just SIinnoh :3

Years
Dia, you don't have to follow canon when making up a new RP. The plates could simply have spread over the whole world instead of just SIinnoh :3
Walking plate, walking plate!!! AHHH!!!!!! XD

Also I have a question regarding the megauberultratectonically ginormous RP idea, is it a must to make them all themed the same? That would be like 5 major boring RPs. Why not make each of them different from one another and then having a sequel which incorporates elements from those five? I mean I don't think we want 5 wars or 5 tournaments or 5 crazy calamities, do we? x3

Oh and I have a crazy stupid idea. Some Team Yadahayadah is trying to create Pokextinction and the chosen Trainers have to fight them. Team Yadahayadah has overthrown the current league and they control the high influential Trainer positions ir gym leaders and E4. The chosen ones used to be grand trainers until Team Yadahayadah took away their Pokemon for slaughter or whatever and they're left with 2 of their weakest Lv 5 mons that Team Yadahayadah decided not to take. So its like they have to restart their journey from scratch but with a higher level of difficulty than before as Team Yadahayadah isn't gonna back down easily obv.

CnC this stupid epiphany pwease~~

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Also I have a question regarding the megauberultratectonically ginormous RP idea, is it a must to make them all themed the same? That would be like 5 major boring RPs. Why not make each of them different from one another and then having a sequel which incorporates elements from those five? I mean I don't think we want 5 wars or 5 tournaments or 5 crazy calamities, do we? x3

Well, people wouldn't participate in more than one of these RPs (seeing that the whole point is to incorporate the champions/runner ups/best trainers of ALL regions in a grand tournament that'll be the sequel).
So I fail to see what your issue is.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Lol, I love seeing an idea come together. But something I love even more is watching it completely fall apart into chaos and confusion...err...not that I'm saying this will. xD

Well I've got a completely unbiased question for all of you now, just for the sake of throwing in a different conversation to talk about.

What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?

Years
Well, people wouldn't participate in more than one of these RPs (seeing that the whole point is to incorporate the champions/runner ups/best trainers of ALL regions in a grand tournament that'll be the sequel).
So I fail to see what your issue is.
Considering that it has not been decided what kind of RP we're going to do and nobody informed me of anything, I don't know whether all the RPs are going to be based on wars or tournaments. These two are what I've picked up from the previous posts. So if people were ever so kind and polite to just fill me in, I wouldn't be asking so many questions, will I? Besides it's only once I've asked. So I fail to see what your issue is with me asking and I don't like that alcoholic tone of yours.

What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?
Darkrai's Balloon. And perhaps, Eternal Nightmare. These were two RPs were the ones I enjoyed being in the most. Everyone in it were so friendly and nice to RP withunlike the people now. xD It's so sad they never actually finished. And Red, I never knew where the balloon went! :< xP

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Dia - you liked Darkrai's balloon? :D Yeah... it was fun to play as a human-turned-into-pokémon actually... but eventually it was just me, Michaela and Nakuzami (I think?) playing, you others vanished :| so I closed it. Might start a pokétransformation RP again some day :3

Oh, fun! Currently, it's Pokémon: A Fresh Start, because FINALLY I managed to create a character that's just so much fun to write about, and the structure and setting and pokémon to available for capture is just awesome~
But if I may say so, I do love *Foreigners just as much 8D Even though I'm not a player, but the GM. Perhaps I've finally found a way to make a fun and free enough journey RP in Kanto <3

Before now though, the RP I've been having the most fun in is still a journey RP started by... Konokodemon perhaps? I can't even remember its name, but it was very similar to Foreigners and we didn't get further than to Viridian, but we had lots of fun.

And maybe the most fun I've had until Foreigners and A Fresh Start came along... Rockets Rising. Ok, ok, it was my own RP as well... *shot* XD But I loved our interactions and the intrigues and the players and... I think it died mostly because of me, because I went inactive over the summer. Too bad ;;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

A lot of things~

Ye Olde Pokemone Journeye', but it was my fault that it sorta....died. xD
But, I'll make a new one with new schematics someday!

TWEWY Kanto Chronicals also~ Because my character was awesome *___* and I also love how we were able to solve clues and stuff. :3

Foreginers is also fun, because I also made another cool character there~~
And, Rika's doing a good job GMing it~ :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back