• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bug Club -- That flyswatter wont do you any good!

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Bug Type Pokemon Club!

269.png

Hello, Hello! And welcome, might I add! Welcome to the Pokemon Bug type Fan Club! Tired of people calling bug type pokemon "bad" or "weak?" Fear no more, because here is the one place where you can share your love for Bug type pokemon and be greeted by those who agree with you. Here we may discuss many things, may it be pitting two bug type pokemon against eachother and seeing who would win, or discussing potential evolutions for that special bug type pokemon! Anything bug type pokemon related goes here! Well, as long as you love 'em as much as I do. Read on good friend!

✔ Rules ✔
  • All the regular rules in place for PokeCommunity and the Pokemon Clubs Forum. This should be self explanatory, but just in case.
  • Stay on topic and ask yourself, "Is this appropriate for a Bug type club?" For instance don't start talking about Garchomp in this thread. Stay on topic should be self explanatory, I don't want people wandering off and saying things completely unrelated.
  • Anyone is free to suggest a topic at any time. Even if there is a current one, if a good amount of people have answered it, you may suggest a new topic to discuss.
  • Try to make your posts have meat to them; don't just post one liners. Also, please try to use proper capitilization and grammar.
  • Upon joining, you can pick one bug type pokemon to be your companion pokemon. You may have the same Pokemon as someone else who's joined, as it's not like there's an infinite number of Bug pokemon.
  • Please stay active. This basically means, try to post once every week, if not, every two weeks.

☞ Sign Up Sheet ☜
PC Username: Super Espeon
Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Dustox, Nickname: Dusty
Reason of joining: I've always loved Bugs, they've been my favorite type since I was a kid. I also feel that they don't get enough love, so I'm here to express my love for them.
Answer a topic: I am choosing to answer "What is your favorite bug pokemon?" Mine is Dustox because it's design is awesome, also it evolves very early in the game, giving you an early advantage in the game. He might not be good later on, but I still love him to death. ^.^

♤ The Bug Bank ♤
These are the ways to earn Pokedollars!
Free money every week, if you post - 30£
Put a link to this club in your sig - 8£ (every week)
Suggest a new topic for discussion (One per day) - 30£
Host an event (PM or VM me with an idea to host an event) - 230£
Make a userbar or banner for this club - 250 to 300£
Make a fan artwork for use to use - 250£
Win an event - 250£

Money is updated ever week or so.

♥ The Bug Pokemon ♥

010.png
Spr_4h_011.png
012.png

WeedleNormalSprite.gif
014.png
015.png
046.png
047.png
048.png
049.png
Spr_4p_123_f.png
scizor.png
R9Qf1iQ.png

pinsir.png
Pinsir.gif
165.png
166-male-frame1.png
167-frame1.png
168.png
193.png
Spr_4p_469.png

204.png
205.png
shuckle.png
214.png
214-mega.png
265.png
268.png
Spr_4p_266.png
269-male-frame1.png
beautifly-f.png
283.png
masquerain.png
sprite.png
ninjask.png
292-frame1.png
313.png
314.png
347.png
348.png
401f.png
402.png
ground.png
wormadam.png
414.png
415-f.png
416.png
451-frame1.png
452.png
Spr_5b_540.png
541.png
542-frame1.png
543_venipede_front_norm.png
whirlipede.png
545.png

557.png
558-frame1.png
588_karrablast_front_norm.png
589.png
595.png
596.png
616-frame1.png
617.png
632.png
larvesta.png
637.png
genesect-shock.png
scatterbug_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6plyo3.png
spewpa_sprite_by_vale98pm_by_vale98pm-d6plz43.png
scratch_vivillon_pokemon_sprite_by_ozone_o3-d68o7uk.png

↘Important Bug Type Trainers!↙

Bugsy(HGSS)Sprite.gif

Bugsy the Bug type Gym Leader from Azalea Town in GSC and HGSS!
AaronPlatinum.gif

Aron the Bug type Elite Four Member in D/P/Pt!
BurghBWsprite.gif

Burgh the Bug type Gym Leader from Castelia City in BW/BW2!
Viola.png

Viola the Bug type Gym Leader from Santalune City in XY!

✪The Bug Catchers✪
Quinoa_Pt.gif

Grandmaster SuperEspeon - 60£ (Owner)

269-male-frame1.png
617_00.png

|Dusty the Dustox|Spade the Accelgor|

Aslan - 30£
193.png

|Yanma|

Polar Spectrum - 90£ (Co-Owner)
632_durant_front_norm.png
637.png
596.png

|Rusty the Durant|Tempest the Volcorona|Tarantula the Galvantula

Logical Cabbage - 60£
283.png

|Swarm the Surskit|

GoldfishSwarm - 60£
545.png

|Komodo the Scolipede|

Autumn Reverie - 30£
596.png

|Tesla the Galvantula|

Mitsuo - 30£
542-frame1.png

|Hiki the Leavanny|

Wicked3DS - 0£
214.png

|Heracross|

Ultraviolence - 0£
masquerain.png

|Masquerain|

♧Prize Exchange♧
You may exchange your hard-earned Pokedollars for these prizes! VM or PM me for details!

Choose the next Pokemon of the Month! - 100£
Choose another partner Pokemon - 110£
Choose a Mega Evolution/Legendary as your partner Pokemon - 140£
Get a bolded name - 100£
Get a colored name - 140£
Get a trainer sprite above your name - 200£
Get a custom title next to your name (like Grandmaster SuperEspeon) - 160£

▲Bug Pokemon of the Month!▼

shuckle-3.png

Shuckle!

✎ Current Topics ✎
What is your favorite bug pokemon and why?
Why do you like Bug pokemon the most?
Which bug pokemon deserves to get a little more love than it gets?
Which bug type pokemon is the best in battle?
Which is your least favorite bug type pokemon and why?
What was the best gen for bug type pokemon?
Who's your favorite bug type user in the games?
What's the coolest/best bug type move or ability?

|CSS done by SuperEspeon|

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan

Partner Pokemon: 1337 metapod too stronk Yanma

Reason of joining: I'll admit that I wasn't really a big fan of bug types for a while because "spiders 2 scary and flying butterflies pft" but after using them on my team for a few playthroughs of different Pokemon games, I started appreciating the designs and moves of bug-type Pokemon. They're really diverse when it comes to their appearance, bugs = / = spiders or butterflies automatically. you got this stuff like Joltik and Scizor which bring a new twist to the word bug along with Volcarona being all pretty and explosive. besides things like wurmple + weedle are really cute, I'll admit. :)

oh it's also pretty badass when a ladybug is capable of firing a hyper beam, js.

What is your favorite bug pokemon and why?

I think my answer will always change because I'm really indecisive when it comes to favourites. iirc one time I said Shedinja and then I changed to Forretress a few months later? so, yeah. I'd say my current favourite would probably be Yanma because dragonflies are some of my favourite insects. It has a cute and colourful design in general and yes that's most bug types but there's something different I enjoy about it. I don't have any stories of how I solo'd the E4 with it or anything though.

anyway since I have time, I guess I'll just answer all of the topics now. spoilering because it might take up a huge chunk of the page :p

Spoiler:

I actually got through all of that, so yeah those are all my thoughts. :)

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
Years
Oooo - bug type group - sign me up :D

PC Username: Polar Spectrum
Partner Pokemon: (can I choose multiple? o3o) .... I'll say Durant for now. (Also considered Illumise, Crustle, Volcarona, Galvantula, Scyther and Armaldo.)
Reason of joining: Simple, ah love bug typessss. They started out in R/B with some serious disadvantages, both type matchup-wise, and with their movepools. What did Gen 1 have for bugs? Leech Life, Pin Missile, and Twin Needle. :I All very low power... and very weak. Over the generations though, bug types became more and more powerful - so much so that they've got some of the top threats and most useful pokemon and moves online now! Scizor (even though I dislike it) is top tier, Bug Buzz X-Scissor and Megahorn give bugs serious both physical and special offensive power, later gen powerhouses like Volcarona, Galvantula, and Genesect pose very potent threats, and bugs even get their own entrance hazard now, with Sticky web! It's really neat to see how far they've come from the days of Beedrill and Butterfree (much love gen 1 bugs <3 ).

As for the current topic, I'ddddd have to go with any one of the ones I listed as potential partners. Galvantula, holds a special meta-place in my heart, for being so awesome. Only getting better in sixth gen too, becoming the fastest Sticky Web user - and still rocking Compounde Eyes STAB thunder; with heavy consequences. Volcarona, because it's basically the only bug type psuedo-legend; and has the ridiculously awesome (nope nope no rocks, forget you- you're not welcome here) Fire/Bug typing, with the movepool to back it up, or maybe Armaldo, due to my fondness of him carrying me in Sapphire version? Them attack stats too -Armaldo's got some nice physical bulk and a heavy handed Stone Edge / X scissor. Durant and Illumise are up there too, Durant for carrying me through Black and white, even though you didn't see them til VERY late in the game (like, victory road man) and Illumise - because even though I used to hate it and its male counterpart's faces - I grew to love it for being the first prankster I ever used. It just, it's fun. It's very silly fun.

Anywho. As far as events go, anyone wanna do a monotype bug tourney on X/Y :D

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Wow! I didn't expect to get that much attention already! Well, Polar Spectrum and Aslan welcome to the bug club! Yasssss!

Also, if we wanna do a bug type monotype on Showdown, I'd be all for that!
And Aslan, waow you did all of them ^.^ and I agree... poor lasagna crab ;(
Also you guys sure you dont want to give your partners nicknames?

Polar Spectrum

Years
Oh, I have one for mine but I accidentally neglected to put it in there. My Durant's nickname is rusty. (I didn't rip that off Dusty I promise - it's been rusty the durant for years now. :P )

I can't do showdown tourneys :c But if anybody wants to do a tourney, or even just like a gym leader type challenger thing on cartridge, I'd be game. ^^

I do also have a lasagna crab I use for competitive! He gets some love from me- I went with weak armor, a jolly nature, and max defense and speed EV's. It holds a white herb, and knows shell smash, x scissor, rock slide, and stealth rock.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Sign me up! They're not my actual favorite type, but they are cutest!

Name:Logical Cabbage

Partner Pokemon:Surskit

Nickname:Swarm

Reason for Joining:

Bug types are so cute and some valuable party members fall within bug types like Volcarona and Surskit. Plus, their designs are awesome! And some won't die from fire, and that's good enough for me.

Answer Topic: Favorite Bug Type Pokemon

Sorry Surskit, but I have to go with Volcarona. That fire bug is the killer because ground nor fire can kill it! Loved it when it was introduced to me in Black. Burn them suckers down!

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Oh, I have one for mine but I accidentally neglected to put it in there. My Durant's nickname is rusty. (I didn't rip that off Dusty I promise - it's been rusty the durant for years now. :P )

I can't do showdown tourneys :c But if anybody wants to do a tourney, or even just like a gym leader type challenger thing on cartridge, I'd be game. ^^

I do also have a lasagna crab I use for competitive! He gets some love from me- I went with weak armor, a jolly nature, and max defense and speed EV's. It holds a white herb, and knows shell smash, x scissor, rock slide, and stealth rock.

Updated it with the nickname! Alas, I cant do anything on cartridge because my Wi-Fi isnt the correct security type or something. It's WEP\WPK and Nintendo only accepts a certain type of Wi-Fi, which really angers me since nintendo is like ten years behind the times. If someone knows how to fix this..? Also is there a certain reason Showdown doesn't work for you? But yeah, reguarding your Lasagna Crab, Weak Armor is an interesting choice. I'd rather have Shell Armor or Sturdy. How does it fare in battle?

Sign me up! They're not my actual favorite type, but they are cutest!

Name:Logical Cabbage

Partner Pokemon:Surskit

Nickname:Swarm

Reason for Joining:

Bug types are so cute and some valuable party members fall within bug types like Volcarona and Surskit. Plus, their designs are awesome! And some won't die from fire, and that's good enough for me.

Answer Topic: Favorite Bug Type Pokemon

Sorry Surskit, but I have to go with Volcarona. That fire bug is the killer because ground nor fire can kill it! Loved it when it was introduced to me in Black. Burn them suckers down!

Your accepted Logic! Let me update the list!

Polar Spectrum

Years
Updated it with the nickname! Alas, I cant do anything on cartridge because my Wi-Fi isnt the correct security type or something. It's WEP\WPK and Nintendo only accepts a certain type of Wi-Fi, which really angers me since nintendo is like ten years behind the times. If someone knows how to fix this..? Also is there a certain reason Showdown doesn't work for you? But yeah, reguarding your Lasagna Crab, Weak Armor is an interesting choice. I'd rather have Shell Armor or Sturdy. How does it fare in battle?

Like most of my pokemon, it's made specifically for doubles, and in a peculiar way to trip people up. It counters Mega Charizard Y quite nicely since after one physical hit, it actually outspeeds all variants except a max speed investment timid one, and can KO with one rock slide, and if it gets shell smash off on the first turn - it easily outspeeds all charizard Y, and Talonflame (barring priority for brave bird, which it can still take after white herb resets its defense) and KO's both with one rock slide. It doesn't take the special hits very well; no - but if it can get going it's pretty brutal haha. Especially with the flinching in doubles for rock slide. I am thinking of making a sturdy one soon though, just for being more reliable.

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
PC Name: GoldfishHorde
Partner Pokemon: Komodo the Scolipede
Reason for joining: I feel that the Bug type is an interesting concept(I mean heck, who down at Game Freak said "LET'S MAKE A TYPE SPECIFICALLY FOR BUGS!") with LOTS of untapped potential, as certain Bug types are absolute power houses, and I would love to see more Early Bug types with this kind of power and just more Bug types in general.
Answer a topic: Best gen for Bug types? Hands down, Gen 5. I mean, we got 12 new Bug types! We got two useful early game bugs(I find these two more useful than most early game bugs), A hermit crab carrying a chunk of earth(which I promptly refer to as "Big Mac the Crab".), two unique Bug types that evolve by being traded for each other, an ELECTRIC SPIDER, a Steel type ant that lives on Victory Road, a freaking PHOENIX MOTH, and a Legendary that's part Bug. Yes. More, Game Freak, MOAR.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
PC Name: GoldfishHorde
Partner Pokemon: Komodo the Scolipede
Reason for joining: I feel that the Bug type is an interesting concept(I mean heck, who down at Game Freak said "LET'S MAKE A TYPE SPECIFICALLY FOR BUGS!") with LOTS of untapped potential, as certain Bug types are absolute power houses, and I would love to see more Early Bug types with this kind of power and just more Bug types in general.
Answer a topic: Best gen for Bug types? Hands down, Gen 5. I mean, we got 12 new Bug types! We got two useful early game bugs(I find these two more useful than most early game bugs), A hermit crab carrying a chunk of earth(which I promptly refer to as "Big Mac the Crab".), two unique Bug types that evolve by being traded for each other, an ELECTRIC SPIDER, a Steel type ant that lives on Victory Road, a freaking PHOENIX MOTH, and a Legendary that's part Bug. Yes. More, Game Freak, MOAR.

I agree on everything you've said in this post. A bug type? WTF Game Freak? Well it's not like I'm blaming them. Also, you're right Gen 5 hands down, for all the reasons you've stated. They recognized that Bug types had a weak reputation and gave us some serious powerhouses. You are approved, I'll update the OP soon.

Like most of my pokemon, it's made specifically for doubles, and in a peculiar way to trip people up. It counters Mega Charizard Y quite nicely since after one physical hit, it actually outspeeds all variants except a max speed investment timid one, and can KO with one rock slide, and if it gets shell smash off on the first turn - it easily outspeeds all charizard Y, and Talonflame (barring priority for brave bird, which it can still take after white herb resets its defense) and KO's both with one rock slide. It doesn't take the special hits very well; no - but if it can get going it's pretty brutal haha. Especially with the flinching in doubles for rock slide. I am thinking of making a sturdy one soon though, just for being more reliable.

Pretty good idea. Was this engineered yourself (liek did you design the set?), also the white herb works pretty damn well with the Weak Armor too. The whole set kind of works together, gotta give you props for that. Again, is there something stopping you from being able to access Showdown?

Also, before I get to anything else, I would like to introduce our first topic. Basically, any one can introduce a topic at any time (if enough people have answered the previous one), and you get reward points if you do so, so you have a little incentive to do so. These topics will probably direct our discussion, but feel free to post anything besides the topic discussion. I don't want you guys to see these topics as perameters for what you can and cannot discuss, these are just here to give us something to talk about. Topics can be repeated every once in a while, though if you could think of something new, that'd be best. Okay, so I will boot us off with our first topic:

What are your thoughts/opinions of Azeala Town's finest: Bugsy the Gym Leader! If you have any personal expiriences or stories you would like to share about her... erm, him please do so! Anything from the team he uses, his Gym's design, or his mistaken gender identity he's got going on, tell us about it!

Okay, I'll start us off with my response. When you first battle Bugsy his team is pretty rudimentary. He uses a Kakuna and a Metapod... his only saving grace is his Scyther. What I don't understand is why they couldn't have given him a Butterfree and a Beedrill. I mean, the Metapod and Kakuna are level 15 in GSC, and 14 in the remakes, which means they should have evolved already. One could argue that they were kept from evolving to scale back on the difficulty, but lets be honest, a Beedrill and Butterfree wouldn't be too hard to conquer, and her team would be more appeasing to look at.
I will say this though, in the rematch in HGSS, her team is pretty deadly compared to what she had last time. She has a Scizor (STAB'd Technician Bullet Punch? No fair), Pinsir (which unbeknownst to me had Guts, and I just so happened to use Toxic on it), Vespiqueen, Shedninja (urgh wonderguard), Heracross, and Yanmega. And don't even get me started on her Black and White 2 "Type Experts/World Leaders Tournament." Her team was quite simply delectable. Check out her team, HERE, just scroll down a bit. Her pokemon utilize items that actually make sense (such as Life Orb, Rocky Helmet, and Choice Band). Also, OMG Shuckle was a pain in the butthole.

Also, Id just like to say after play GSC, I suspected nothing. But when the remakes came around and I saw THIS monstrosity:
Yo, challenger! BUGSY's young, but his knowledge of bug POKEMON
is for real. It's going to be tough without my advice. Let's see...
Bug POKEMON don't like fire. Flying-type moves are super-effective
too.

I thought it was a typo, a mistake, something. But nope, I checked the Bulbapedia page, and sure enough, Bugsy is in fact a guy... Right in the childhood.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I never expected Bugsy to be a guy... it left me in a state of shock... Like using Scizor wasn't bad enough...

Oh well, at least my Blaziken took care of all her, I mean him in HeartGold. It was more of a pain killer in White 2 PWT. At least Volcarona could fry her pokemon good. But still, why does Nintendo do this to us? If Bugsy were to be a guy, at least make him look like one. But no no no. See, beating Bugsy was easy but the confusion with gender really disturbed my mind while burning his pokemon.

His team is pretty good, but alas no match for fire types. Vespiqueen was a pain when it did STAB moves like Attack Swarm. Plus pressure took me down, especially if it was one of does days Fire Blast misses. And I absolutely hate Shuckle for being a tank and resisting my fire and ground attacks. Not even STAB from Gastrodoon's Surf could knock it out in one turn. Shedninja was just weak. At least us Ninjask had Speed Boost so it could ouwit my pokemon. I wished he could use someone like... I don't know, the megas? At least they're stronger.

GoldfishHorde

Years
Bugsy? Am I the ONLY person who realized from the start that Bugsy was a guy? I can see how some would think that, but seriously, he isn't that feminine.

I only ever fought Bugsy once during the main story of HGSS, and took down his other Pokemon just fine(a Metapod and a Kakuna? Really Bugsy?), but his Scyther gave me quite a challenge. I chose Chikorita as my starter, so I only used it for his first two Pokemon. All I had besides that was a Slowpoke, and I just kept whittling down his health, taking critical hits and using potion after potion to keep him in. Finally, I beat Bugsy and never went anywhere near Azalea Town again. Just kidding, but I did some SERIOUS training afterwards. Bugsy is a pretty fun-gi! Oh wait, he's a bug type gym leader...uh...buzz off!

Polar Spectrum

Years
Bugsy, I always thought was a pretty neat gym leader. I could tell he was a guy after my first playthrough where I DID think he was a girl the first time- but second time around I was like "Oh. Waaaait a second, it's a boy." Hah, maybe this is why Professor Oak just asks everyone up front now. His pokemon team in the PWT was pretttttty awesome too, they definitely gave him a very fair upgrade. Burgh's was too, he got pretty good usage out of a number of those awesome fifth gen bug types.

Speaking of Type Masters at the PWT, anybody have a design for a good monotype bug team?

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Bugsy, I always thought was a pretty neat gym leader. I could tell he was a guy after my first playthrough where I DID think he was a girl the first time- but second time around I was like "Oh. Waaaait a second, it's a boy." Hah, maybe this is why Professor Oak just asks everyone up front now. His pokemon team in the PWT was pretttttty awesome too, they definitely gave him a very fair upgrade. Burgh's was too, he got pretty good usage out of a number of those awesome fifth gen bug types.

Speaking of Type Masters at the PWT, anybody have a design for a good monotype bug team?

I've got one I could share. You thinking of doing a Monotype challenge? Or just for competitive battling? Depends on which you want, I've got one for both. Either way, it's pretty damn hard to Monotype with bugs.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
PC Username: Autumn Reverie

Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Tesla the Galvantula

Reason of joining: Before this, I've never thought much of Bug-type Pokemon and labeled them as Pokemon of little value and strength. Until recently, I've given some Bug-types a chance on my teams (namely Heracross, Volcarona and Galvantula) and have been amazed and astonished at how useful and powerful they can be.

Answer a topic: Which Bug-type Pokemon is the best in battle?
This is rather a hard choice for me as among the three Bug-types I've ever used, all of them have lived up to their potentials, even surpassing them. I'd have to go with Galvantula. With its high Special Attack and Speed plus its amazing CompoundEyes ability + Wide Lens held item, its Thunder is extremely accurate and deadly to any and all opponents that aren't immune or resistant towards it. Together with Bug Buzz and other supporting attacks, it makes for an amazing ally in battle.

Also as a side note, I've never once thought of Bugsy as a female. He was always a male to me. :P

Polar Spectrum

Years
I was talking about for competitive battles :p like if we were each bug type gym leaders. I think it could be done, bugs have a fair amount of type matchups. (Still no legitimate bug / water or bug / ground though -_-)

And sorry I've neglected to explain why I can't do showdown - I'll tackle that when I get home today :3 On that note though, if we do bug teams battles- I'd have to be on cartridge :p

Also - welcome autumn ^^ you have excellent taste in bug types, I must say.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
I was talking about for competitive battles :p like if we were each bug type gym leaders. I think it could be done, bugs have a fair amount of type matchups. (Still no legitimate bug / water or bug / ground though -_-)

And sorry I've neglected to explain why I can't do showdown - I'll tackle that when I get home today :3 On that note though, if we do bug teams battles- I'd have to be on cartridge :p

Also - welcome autumn ^^ you have excellent taste in bug types, I must say.

Surskit was Bug/Water, but when he evolved they got rid of this wonderful typing and made him Bug/Flying like just about EVERYOTHER SINGLE BUG TYPE IN EXISTENCE! Also, Durant can learn Dig...? I was surprised he cant learn Earthquake. BUT! Crustle can learn Earthquake, so he's a good option. Lasagna Crab come thruuuuuu!

PC Username: Autumn Reverie

Partner Pokemon (and nickname if any): Tesla the Galvantula

Reason of joining: Before this, I've never thought much of Bug-type Pokemon and labeled them as Pokemon of little value and strength. Until recently, I've given some Bug-types a chance on my teams (namely Heracross, Volcarona and Galvantula) and have been amazed and astonished at how useful and powerful they can be.

Answer a topic: Which Bug-type Pokemon is the best in battle?
This is rather a hard choice for me as among the three Bug-types I've ever used, all of them have lived up to their potentials, even surpassing them. I'd have to go with Galvantula. With its high Special Attack and Speed plus its amazing CompoundEyes ability + Wide Lens held item, its Thunder is extremely accurate and deadly to any and all opponents that aren't immune or resistant towards it. Together with Bug Buzz and other supporting attacks, it makes for an amazing ally in battle.

Also as a side note, I've never once thought of Bugsy as a female. He was always a male to me. :P

You are approved!

Also a good amount of people have answered the topic, so don't be scared to suggest one for us! Also points will be awarded in a day or two, and if you want to get an extra 8£, put a link to this club somewhere in your sig!

Polar Spectrum

Years
Well there has been bug/water and bug/ground in surskit and nincada, but when I said there weren't any proper Pokemon with that typing, I meant competitively viable :p because surskit is really not usable, and nincada comes close but still falls really short. The reason Id prefer the typing rather than just the offensive coverage, is for not being weak to rock, and not being another bug/steel. (Or making heracross not the only unique bug/fighting). Armaldo for example, is bug/rock, but weak to stealth rocks coming in, and rock slide which can flinch him with his low speed (barring swift swim in rain). A proper bug ground type, could come in without significant damage from rocks, not be weak to rock attacks too, but rather flying, fire, ice and water. Water bug would be pretty nice stab coverage, and eliminate the bug type fire weakness and water type grass weakness ^^

So many unused great typings. Aaah.

GoldfishHorde

Years
Since we're on the topic of typings, I'd like to bring up a topic, if you don't mind?

What type do you want to see paired with Bug, or what type do you want see paired with Bug more often?

For me, I wanna see a Bug/Dragon type to give some more BULK to Bug types. And not for a Dragonfly Pokemon or something like that. Give it to something unconventional, like a pure Bug type Larva that requires a lot of levels and has not so good moves but great stats that evolves into a HUGE Inchworm/Hydra mix. Never see it coming.

I imagine it's first stage would start with moves like Struggle and Splash before learning Tackle, Bug Bite, Swarm, and maybe even Rollout. Around the time of evolution, it would learn Dragon Breath. When it does evolve, it learns mostly Dragon, Bug, and Poison moves. It's stats would be better than the average Bug type in it's first stage, and then have Pseudo legendary like stats when it evolves. To make it fair, it would probably evolve at around Level 40, 50, or 60. Something within that range.

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Since we're on the topic of typings, I'd like to bring up a topic, if you don't mind?

What type do you want to see paired with Bug, or what type do you want see paired with Bug more often?

For me, I wanna see a Bug/Dragon type to give some more BULK to Bug types. And not for a Dragonfly Pokemon or something like that. Give it to something unconventional, like a pure Bug type Larva that requires a lot of levels and has not so good moves but great stats that evolves into a HUGE Inchworm/Hydra mix. Never see it coming.

I imagine it's first stage would start with moves like Struggle and Splash before learning Tackle, Bug Bite, Swarm, and maybe even Rollout. Around the time of evolution, it would learn Dragon Breath. When it does evolve, it learns mostly Dragon, Bug, and Poison moves. It's stats would be better than the average Bug type in it's first stage, and then have Pseudo legendary like stats when it evolves. To make it fair, it would probably evolve at around Level 40, 50, or 60. Something within that range.

If Gamefreak ever does make a Bug / Dragon (which most likely will never happen), I feel like GameFreak being GameFreak, it's going to be a Dragon fly. I mean they could have done Bug / Dragon with Flygon, but they didn't. I mean, nor was Trapinch or Vibrava, and they could have EASILY been bug types. I mean Flygon just looks like a big bug monster, and I thought for sure he would have been a bug type. But nope. Dammnit Gamefreak. Okay, enuf ranting time to answer the topic.

Honestly, I really want to see Bug/Water. And a lot less of Bug/Flying. I've pretty much already adressed this, but I'm so mad about Surskit and Masquerain, Surskit had such great potential. If Gamefreak maybe re-types Masquerain I'd be happy. Okay, also I'd like to see Bug / Dark types. This dual typing just simply doesn't exist, and it would make for a cool typing, as well as I think, a nice design. It would remove Dark's Fighting weakness, and it would become the ultimate Anti - Psychic type.

Also, this is kind of off topic, but I'm happy where Gamefreak is taking Bug types. They started off as early game, "here you go" Pokemon like Wurmple, Weedle, and others. Now, I think, Gamefreak is fixing that reputation. This is pretty evident because in the 5th Generation we got a lot of Bug - types that aren't ass.

Also, Polar, would you mind telling us this Showdown thing ;)

Back