• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Not gonna lie, I find "trap" to be a hilarious term in this context. I'm sorry, I think it's fun. It's all about how it's said, I think. Then again, I'm a gay man who thinks its hysterical when I'm called a "fagmuffin" so I may not be the best yardstick for what's acceptable. I just have a really wide sense of humour lmao.
Haha, anything would be funny with the word muffin attached to it. Murdermuffin. <3

2222 posts, lol.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
^Hmm, I use pie for things. I call Ashley all sorts of names that end with 'pie' <3

Wanted to say one more thing. When I think of a 'trap', I think of anime/manga characters who crossdress or are transgendered. I don't find that word insulting, and I actually think its pretty cute ^.^

Really, a lot of 'trap' artwork on sites like gel/safe booru are very adorable <3

EDIT - While this thread is nice and all, I do need to ask. I'm looking for an online community that has a target auidence towards transexuals, cross dressers, or just the LGBTS moment in general. I would really like to see more personal experinces and see how other people live through it. While pudz is awesome for sharing her story, I would like to communicate with others.
So does anyone know any site at all?

Last edited:

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
When I hear the word "trap" in reference to transsexual people, I think of this:
Spoiler:

Glad I got some response ^.^
Yeah, the words themselves don't offend me personally, I just get a dirtier feeling towards them. I perfer the term transgendered, crossgendered, or crossdresser.
Is grammar naziing acceptable here? xD If so, you're not supposed to say "transgendered" or "crossgendered". The "-ed" is unnecessary and incorrect. Just something I've learned and now wish to pedant people about. /wut

Also here's this: http://forum.trueselves.com/

We're turning into a trans thread a lot lately. o3o

TwiDragon

Years
^Yeah, I'm sorry about that. I never was an English Major xD
Anyways, thanks for the link! I joined the site :3
I really like how strict the membership 'signing up' is. I guess its a great way to rid of trolls.
Smart.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
^Hmm, I use pie for things. I call Ashley all sorts of names that end with 'pie' <3

Wanted to say one more thing. When I think of a 'trap', I think of anime/manga characters who crossdress or are transgendered. I don't find that word insulting, and I actually think its pretty cute ^.^

Really, a lot of 'trap' artwork on sites like gel/safe booru are very adorable <3

EDIT - While this thread is nice and all, I do need to ask. I'm looking for an online community that has a target auidence towards transexuals, cross dressers, or just the LGBTS moment in general. I would really like to see more personal experinces and see how other people live through it. While pudz is awesome for sharing her story, I would like to communicate with others.
So does anyone know any site at all?
I would also recommend Empty Closets. It's a site I just found a few days ago, and while it's not specifically for transexuals, it definitely has quite a few of them on the site. It's geared more toward helping people with their problems rather than just being a community though.

Well, I have no clue why, but I really feel like I should tell my dad now. As in, I had a nervous breakdown last night because I couldn't get up the courage to do it.

So, we're going to the store now, and I'm hopefully going to tell him. If all goes well, he won't swerve into a tree and kill us. lol (He's told me that he supports gays and thinks that we should be able to get married and all that, so I think I'll be fine.)

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Well, I have no clue why, but I really feel like I should tell my dad now. As in, I had a nervous breakdown last night because I couldn't get up the courage to do it.

So, we're going to the store now, and I'm hopefully going to tell him. If all goes well, he won't swerve into a tree and kill us. lol (He's told me that he supports gays and thinks that we should be able to get married and all that, so I think I'll be fine.)

Good luck! I was all excited when i read this; it's like, I hope it all goes well! let us know how it goes over, if you feel like it. ^_^

And I know what you mean about gathering up the courage; it is hard to do so. But you can do it! :D

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
He sighed very heavily when we got in the car, and when I asked him what was wrong, he said that he has so much to worry about that it's overwhelming him.

It's not gonna happen. =/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
1. Pikapal where have you been?!

QuilavaKing said:
As in, I had a nervous breakdown last night because I couldn't get up the courage to do it.

You had a nervous breakdown? Are you OK? I don't understand, was it because you're sick of lying to him or because you were working yourself up over it? What's wrong?

Also you were probably right not to choose that moment - but at the same time remember that there is never going to be a 'good time' to do it. From memory of your posts, your family isn't in the best place right now, so finding a perfect moment might be very difficult. Just keep that in mind :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
No, there's a few reasons. I think it's primarily because my Grandma died a month ago, and I saw a commercial of a guy about my age driving his grandma to see the house she grew up in. I didn't cry when they told me she died, or at the funeral, but when I saw that commercial, coupled with stressing myself out over trying to tell him, and a few other things. I just couldn't handle it.

Shining Raichu

Years
Oh, I see :(

*hugs*

When I came out to my parents, I had to make sure that I had my head right around it and I made absolutely sure I was not stressed about it in the slightest. I did it in the most flippant way possible. I didn't sit them down and say "I need to tell you something", I just said it off-hand in a conversation so they didn't get the opportunity to make a big deal out of it. They still tried of course, but I shot them down immediately.

-Jared-

Years
1. Pikapal where have you been?!

Lurking! xD I didn't have much to say on all the transgendered topics, since everyone else already pretty much said what I feel. :P Lol, I only seem to post when the topic is about gay people. >__>

No, there's a few reasons. I think it's primarily because my Grandma died a month ago, and I saw a commercial of a guy about my age driving his grandma to see the house she grew up in. I didn't cry when they told me she died, or at the funeral, but when I saw that commercial, coupled with stressing myself out over trying to tell him, and a few other things. I just couldn't handle it.

-hugs QuilavaKing as well- ;__;

Stress is like, a really horrible thing. Compounded with a relative dying, and it even worse. I remember my grandfather dying, and I cried a bit during it, but I cried the most months after the funeral and hearing others talk about their grandfathers. So yeah, I think I understand how you feel. ;__;

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I should also clarify that when I say nervous breakdown I mean I cried for a few minutes. I haven't cried in so many years I didn't even remember what it was like... or understand how it was possible to lose control of your emotions that much.

-Jared-

Years
I should also clarify that when I say nervous breakdown I mean I cried for a few minutes. I haven't cried in so many years I didn't even remember what it was like... or understand how it was possible to lose control of your emotions that much.

A few minutes, a few hours, doesn't make much of a difference to me. :\ I'm really sorry that happened to you. ;__;

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
When I came out to my parents, I had to make sure that I had my head right around it and I made absolutely sure I was not stressed about it in the slightest. I did it in the most flippant way possible. I didn't sit them down and say "I need to tell you something", I just said it off-hand in a conversation so they didn't get the opportunity to make a big deal out of it. They still tried of course, but I shot them down immediately.
Yeah, that's more or less what I was trying to do originally. I hung out with them all valentine's day expecting him to mention my lack of a girlfriend at some point, and I'd intentionally talk myself into a corner, so it seems like I'm not intentionally coming out. Obviously, no one ever mentioned it, even though almost every show we watched that night had some mention of gays, and one of them even had a father think his son was coming out to him when he really wasn't. (Which was just a joke, since it was a comedy, but still.)

I even watched two episodes of Smash, even though I barely know who Marilyn Monroe is, nor do I have any interest in theater, and they didn't suspect that there was possibly some other reason that I was spending time with them.

TwiDragon

Years
I have opened up to my dad, and while things where kept simple and blunt. It went well.

I'm really glad that I have parents that accept me <3

I don't want to turn this thread back into transgender'd themed, but I'm really happy. I feel more like "me" than ever before ^.^

Shining Raichu

Years
The one thing I learned form my experience is that people will only see what they want to see. I was so sure before I came out that my parents already knew I was gay. I was an 18 year old boy who had never ever had a girlfriend, much less even shown interest in a girl, and I voluntarily watched Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. The fact that my mother hints constantly to my sister that she needs to find a boyfriend and never even approached the subject of me finding a girlfriend made me think "heyyy... yeah they totally know." So when I flippantly told them, I honestly wasn't expecting much of a reaction.

But they had no freaking clue whatsoever. Apparently despite the 83 clues I'd left them, the fact that I wasn't effeminate in my mannerisms or speech apparently made it impossible to figure out. So yeah, I'm not surprised that they picked up on none of your clues lol.

Pikapal642 said:
Lurking! xD I didn't have much to say on all the transgendered topics, since everyone else already pretty much said what I feel. :P Lol, I only seem to post when the topic is about gay people. >__>
lmao yeah I get what you're saying. I find it fascinating to read about all the transgendered topics but I find it hard coming up with things to contribute!

[Snivy Baroque]

Shinigami Snivy
Years
meh, I had a crappy 'coming out' to my parents :( and then they forgot it happened 'til they caught me E-dating, and they've forgot once again, and I don't feel like doing it again because I don't want to hear their bigotrist crap again >:(

TwiDragon

Years
^^Hopefully in the end the reaction was positive. Hopefully they didn't do anything like kick you out of your home or anything like that. If they did, then I'm sorry :c

-Jared-

Years
meh, I had a crappy 'coming out' to my parents :( and then they forgot it happened 'til they caught me E-dating, and they've forgot once again, and I don't feel like doing it again because I don't want to hear their bigotrist crap again >:(

Aww, I feel so bad for you...;___; When you can move out on your own, it'll get better. You will be better able to ignore their bigotrist crap, if you so choose. :3

lmao yeah I get what you're saying. I find it fascinating to read about all the transgendered topics but I find it hard coming up with things to contribute!

That's why I just posted a quick thanks for all the info a while back. xD

Also, on the topic of coming out! xD My parents were completely shocked. Of course, they found out when I was 15, so I hadn't had as much time to have them wonder about lack of girlfriends and whatnot. :P What was funnier was when my brother found out, since I was 20 when he found out, was that he also never had a clue. He just figured I was socially awkward (which is still true, just, not relevant in this case. xD) So he sat there all like "Woah" and I just said "Lemme guess, you're thinking...IT ALL MAKES SENSE" and he just laughed and replied "YES IT DOES"

Back