• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I plan on buying both at once, which I've never done before. But the first one I play will become my breeding foundry, and the other will be used for challenges! :D

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Just a quick question, what are people's thoughts on an 'All Star' Challenge (and, does anyone know if this has been done before)?

This challenge would involve players selecting a team of up to six Pokemon out of a certain category. Each category would be made up of 8-13 Pokemon (to give challengers a bit of a selection), and contain the signature Pokemon of the Gym Leaders and/or Elite Four and/or Champion of each region (haven't decided which to include yet), giving a grand total of about 65 Pokemon to choose from. The teams wouldn't be restricted to individual regions, so, for example, people selecting from the Kanto All Stars could challenge Unova (meaning Ultimate challenges are possible).

By way of an example, the Kanto All Stars 'options' would be:
Brock - Onix
Misty - Starmie
Lt. Surge - Raichu
Erika - Vileplume
Koga - Muk
Sabrina - Alakazam
Blaine - Rapidash
Giovanni - Rhydon
Lorelei - Dewgong
Bruno - Machamp
Agatha - Gengar
Lance - Dragonite
Green/Blue - Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise (1 only)

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense... I haven't 'proposed' a challenge before! Just thinking about ideas for challenges I'd like to do!
I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this - I might be inspired to make a challenge!

Dr. Slavic

Last of the Wailords
Years
I like the idea! It would give variety in the team and I'd be happy to participate in it!

As for me, with Pokemon X and Y coming out, I wanted to create a challenge, where you go through a game/games using either an X team or a Y team, and the Pokemon would be based on body shape (Metagross - X, Porygon-Z - Y), designs on the Pokemon (Drifblim - X, Beeheeyem - Y), or gender chromosomes (Nidoqueen - X, Nidoking - Y). Before I posted anything, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in it.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
So apparently the challenges section was added to the profile.

REJOICE!

I guess my long post yesterday did the trick, lol

So apparently we all need to hurry and finish our Ultimate challenges now. Cause once 6th gen is out, we're gonna have yet another game to add to the requirements. XD

And awesome! We got a place for challenges!

It's gonna suck for me, I have to cram in all my ultimates before October-ish.

No, Swablu forever. XD If I remember right, I think InfernoRogue and I came up with that. Something about Challenges being a nest and me being Altaria and then all the challengers being Swablu. And thus that was born! You can't just make something a mascot, haha.

You should do Favorite Challenge, duh! :) ...When it's got its Gen VI version obviously.

Yeah, that was us. :3 Initially Syd posted on my challenge list in my blog, and talked about wrapping me in Swanna wings, then I said maybe Syd could be the Mantine and we were Remoraid, something like that. We finally settled on Swablu/Altaria, and I'm glad we did.

Well, I still have no clue if the game will be possible to play on emulators, not like there are any 3DS emus out there. :/ Still it looks really cool.

Because of the release of these games, if there isn't one already, I'm sure people will get to working on them.

I don't like restarting my cartridge games though because I have a habit of completing them fully.

Also Flareon > Fennekin if we were having a fire mascot imo

Agreed about the Flareon until we see what Fennekin's evos look like.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Just a quick question, what are people's thoughts on an 'All Star' Challenge (and, does anyone know if this has been done before)?

This challenge would involve players selecting a team of up to six Pokemon out of a certain category. Each category would be made up of 8-13 Pokemon (to give challengers a bit of a selection), and contain the signature Pokemon of the Gym Leaders and/or Elite Four and/or Champion of each region (haven't decided which to include yet), giving a grand total of about 65 Pokemon to choose from. The teams wouldn't be restricted to individual regions, so, for example, people selecting from the Kanto All Stars could challenge Unova (meaning Ultimate challenges are possible).
Interesting concept. It's generally a good idea to have each category be a set of guidelines though, rather than explicitly giving a selection of Pokemon. Take my Vault Hunter's challenge for example. I give a set of requirements that a Pokemon should meet in order to fill a certain role on the team. This allows people to get creative and give them more options for Pokemon (or at least make them feel like there's more options).
As for me, with Pokemon X and Y coming out, I wanted to create a challenge, where you go through a game/games using either an X team or a Y team, and the Pokemon would be based on body shape (Metagross - X, Porygon-Z - Y), designs on the Pokemon (Drifblim - X, Beeheeyem - Y), or gender chromosomes (Nidoqueen - X, Nidoking - Y). Before I posted anything, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in it.
That's pretty cool too. I feel like the Gender one is just Gender discrimination though. But the Body shape one is definitely an idea. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

I love this idea! :) And even though someone mentioned Gender Discrimination challenge, I don't think that would really interfere with it if you allowed the male/female thing. Perhaps allowing a mixture of body type and chromosomal? I think that'd be awesome.

Yeah, that was us. :3 Initially Syd posted on my challenge list in my blog, and talked about wrapping me in Swanna wings, then I said maybe Syd could be the Mantine and we were Remoraid, something like that. We finally settled on Swablu/Altaria, and I'm glad we did.

<3 !

So am I! Swablu/Altaria just...fits! XD

Enigma

Years
I like the idea! It would give variety in the team and I'd be happy to participate in it!

This sounds like quite an awesome potential challenge. I would be definitely interested in it.
(This chromosome thing is really ironic, as we are doing genetics in my class at school right now...what nice timing)

<3 !

So am I! Swablu/Altaria just...fits! XD
I honestly could not imagine any other evolutionary line to be our "mascots". They do fit really well, although I cannot put a finger on exactly why.

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
Interesting concept. It's generally a good idea to have each category be a set of guidelines though, rather than explicitly giving a selection of Pokemon. Take my Vault Hunter's challenge for example. I give a set of requirements that a Pokemon should meet in order to fill a certain role on the team. This allows people to get creative and give them more options for Pokemon (or at least make them feel like there's more options).

Hmm, so you'd say it would be better if I picked two or three Pokemon from each Leader's team, and gave people a choice of what to use? I was thinking maybe five lots of ~13 Pokemon to choose from would be enough... People would be able to use less that six if they so desired...

Hmm.. Maybe I need to think about it a little more.

Thanks for your input! :)

11wildy

Me!
Years
Swablu fits so well because Sygian is just so... Altaria like! ;D beautiful and elegant, but she can Draco Meteor you to death if you don't watch out :P

And yeah, new generations means even more monotypes to do ;D And it will take even longer to complete them all! Now if I was only good with paint and could add XY beneath my (stolen) chart... xD

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
EP340_Altaria_y_Swablu.jpg

altaria_and_swablu_by_laurafufu-d4nyb0h.jpg

And yet the challenges emblem has Primeape on it. That was my first of 100 emblems too. And probably one of my favourites.

Enigma

Years
EP340_Altaria_y_Swablu.jpg

altaria_and_swablu_by_laurafufu-d4nyb0h.jpg

And yet the challenges emblem has Primeape on it. That was my first of 100 emblems too. And probably one of my favourites.

100 emblems, wow.

look how cute those pictures are omg So glad we chose Swablu/Altaria.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Swablu fits so well because Sygian is just so... Altaria like! ;D beautiful and elegant, but she can Draco Meteor you to death if you don't watch out

This is the best way anyone has described me. XD

And omg I always forget we have an emblem. I think it was made before the whole Swablu thing, and I was thinking of changing it anyway. But that Primeape and the name of the emblem fit so well. idek. Nick got his ego emblem completely changed, so perhaps I could do that some time for the Challenge Chugger emblem. Or was it Champion...

i still have to edit and make an emblem for stocking stuffer oh god

edit: omgosfds thealtariaandthebbyswabluandthecuteandthefluffyandomggggg osjdfaljrs chirp!!

Enigma

Years
This is the best way anyone has described me. XD

And omg I always forget we have an emblem. I think it was made before the whole Swablu thing, and I was thinking of changing it anyway. But that Primeape and the name of the emblem fit so well. idek. Nick got his ego emblem completely changed, so perhaps I could do that some time for the Challenge Chugger emblem. Or was it Champion...

i still have to edit and make an emblem for stocking stuffer oh god

edit: omgosfds thealtariaandthebbyswabluandthecuteandthefluffyandomggggg osjdfaljrs chirp!!

The emblem is called "Challenge Champ".

11wildy

Me!
Years
I want the emblem D: And I just noticed I mistyped Sydian, sorry for that :(

Apart from that, I posted a team in in-game team rate, but nobody actually cares to look there so I didn't get any help on it yet xP. It's monotype though, but I need a bit of help to be able to beat my friend.

Altaria being awesome forever<3

Years
Hey guys,

I'm currently overseas and have gone and left my ds/games back home. Since I have some free time, I was hoping to do a challenge or two, but I've exhausted myself of Kanto and Johto, and would appreciate a break from Hoenn for a bit. I really want to do Sinnoh and Unova, but I want to know if anyone can recommend an emulator to use?

Please understand that I am not requesting roms, just an emulator.

Also, I would prefer if there were some way to have sped up gameplay? Maybe not to th degree of the speed button on vba, but something to allow me to quicker complete a challenge.

Cheers in advance.

And I just remembered something else - can someone enlighten me on how to make banners? Or know someone who could do some? I really like the look of (for example) jdthebud's banner for his USCs.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back