• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
How do you trade exactly?

I haven't got a 3DS yet, but I originally thought that if you had a DS with a a Gen V game in it you could trade with a 3DS with X/Y in it wirlessly?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
How do you trade exactly?

I haven't got a 3DS yet, but I originally thought that if you had a DS with a a Gen V game in it you could trade with a 3DS with X/Y in it wirlessly?

No a regular DS cannot connect to a 3DS. It is not possible. You would need two DS systems to trade to Gen 5. Then you put the Gen 5 into a 3DS to use Pokétransporter.

I'm not sure if two 3DS would work but I'm assuming it should. The DS and 3DS don't connect to each other though.

Years
If you buy an official copy of a Gen 5 game you can trade the Pokemon you want from your SS.

When you use a 3DS with a DS game, it's like having a DS. For example. If you use Soul Silver in your DS and Black/White/Black 2/White 2 in your 3DS you can transfer your Pokemon to the 5th Gen game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
No a regular DS cannot connect to a 3DS. It is not possible. You would need two DS systems to trade to Gen 5. Then you put the Gen 5 into a 3DS to use Pokétransporter.

I'm not sure if two 3DS would work but I'm assuming it should. The DS and 3DS don't connect to each other though.

Actually a DS and a 3DS can connect wirelessly. I have done it before when trading between two of my 5th gen games. However, you cannot trade between X or Y and a 5th gen game which makes sense for obvious reasons.

ENDeverMORE

Totally Free
Years
Try looking in this post in the Friend Code exchange thread. It has a link to the list of all the Friend Safaris for members here at PC and which Pokemon they have.

Good luck getting that Poliwhirl!

Thanks, but I already did, and some people don't list themselves like I got a friend with a good electric safari, he's not listed.

Years
One simple question. Is it worth getting? I've played Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4 on a ROM (not promoting it, I know it's not allowed). I enjoyed all of them, except 4 because it felt so different to me. I'm now considereing buying Y because the designs look so cool and I haven't experienced Pokémon games with wi-fi yet (:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
One simple question. Is it worth getting? I've played Gen 1, 2, 3 and 4 on a ROM (not promoting it, I know it's not allowed). I enjoyed all of them, except 4 because it felt so different to me. I'm now considereing buying Y because the designs look so cool and I haven't experienced Pokémon games with wi-fi yet (:
X and Y are worth buying. The graphics are incredible, as are the new battle mechanics (Mega Evolutions, in particular).

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
to get the shining charm, do i have to obtain every pokemon; or do i just have to have seen every pokemon?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Thanks! Just got my 6IV Gible after about 95 eggs!

It has sand viel abilitly though

One of the parents needs to have Rough Skin as an ability in order for the baby to have it as an ability. Males with Hidden Abilities can only pass them down when they breed with a Ditto (I think).

RyanGT

Forum Elder
Years
One of the parents needs to have Rough Skin as an ability in order for the baby to have it as an ability. Males with Hidden Abilities can only pass them down when they breed with a Ditto (I think).

Yeah the parent has rough skin , alot of my eggs hatched with rough skin unfortunately the 6IV hatched with sand viel, ugh

Years
Does this include event-only legendaries? e.g: Mew, Celebi, etc?

Last I saw no, just every pokemon in the game no event. I saw a video pretty much when the game was out just few days just when it came out, someone completed the pokedex to see what's they get.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Last I saw no, just every pokemon in the game no event. I saw a video pretty much when the game was out just few days just when it came out, someone completed the pokedex to see what's they get.

Um... I asked about obtaining the Shiny Charm (reward for completing the National Dex), not the Oval Charm(reward for completing the Kalos Dex). =/

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
All event except for the three hidden ones have to be counted as well I believe.

Well, minus the event legendaries, I already completed the Kalos, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh dexes, and currently completing the Unova dex, so I guess I'll have to find out soon if I do get the Shiny Charm. :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back