• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
I am playing Emerald, and as you know, when you get to Victory Road, you really do need an HM Slave. I have got my trusty Torkoal that knows Strength, so could anyone help me with a pokemon that may be able to learn Flash, waterfall and rock smash? Is there a pokemon that can learn those three?

Years
I am playing Emerald, and as you know, when you get to Victory Road, you really do need an HM Slave. I have got my trusty Torkoal that knows Strength, so could anyone help me with a pokemon that may be able to learn Flash, waterfall and rock smash? Is there a pokemon that can learn those three?

Gyarados can learn Waterfall AND Rock Smash... But for flash, someone else will need to learn that. I usually can get by without teaching a Pokemon flash. I pull up a map on Bulbapedia and just feel my way around. ^-^;

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Gyarados can learn Waterfall AND Rock Smash... But for flash, someone else will need to learn that. I usually can get by without teaching a Pokemon flash. I pull up a map on Bulbapedia and just feel my way around. ^-^;

Is there somewhere you can catch wild Gyarados?

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
There are a few other that can learn those moves, such as Psyduck, which can learn all three. They can be caught in the Safari Zone.

Lombre can learn them as well.

That is interesting, I already have a Lombre but shall catch another to be a slave :P

Talking of Lombre, is there any way to get water stones in Emerald other than diving and finding blue shards, which I presume are very rare?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Is My Emerald hacked/ bootleg?

I got a used copy of Pok`emon Emerald for Christmas, and my randma said the descripton on the site she ordered it from said it was slightly used and in "great" condition. I planned to make 3 profiles, one after another, to get all 3 starters on my completed diamond game. But when i had enough pokemon to use pal park, I saw no migrate option in my diamond game, so i started up my emerald and it said "Your save file has been deleted to to damage or corruption." so i had my tech stepdad look at the cartridge and he said it seemed loose. Could that be it or was my gamed hacked by the previous owner? thanks in advance

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Definitely a fake, dear. Sorry. :( The DS games will sense if the GBA game is fake and if it is, that happens. Gotta be careful when buying GBA games online. More often than not, they're just fakes. If you still want a good legit copy of Emerald, try checking out a local gaming store if you have any.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Hey guys, just about to take on the E4 on Emerald and feel I am a little weak as I only have 5 pokemon to take them with.

They are all levelled to between L45 and 48

I have

Swampert
Swellow
Lombre
Torkoal
Manectric

I am looking for that sixth member but I am unsure of who it could be, I am thinking of maybe a psychic type but am unsure of what to go with as it is my first play through.

What would you recommend?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gardevoir is Psychic and would make an excellent addition to your team, I think. :) You can teach it Thunderbolt for coverage as well, which is nice. And Shadow Ball, even though Ghost is physical in this game, it's nice to have something to hit other Psychic types.

btw, you should evolve that Lombre. Go to the Abandoned Ship (you'll need Dive and Surf) on the route to the right of Dewford. You'll need to go down to the locked rooms and solve a puzzle, but you should get your Water Stone easily without having to do all of it. But you definitely wanna evolve that Lombre.

Oh, and I recommend being at least level 50 before going in honestly. Just use Gabby and Ty to grind levels and money! :)

btw, you will probably get better help if you make a thread in the in-game team help forum. That's where team help is supposed to go anyway. When you post there, just make sure you include your Pokemon's moves. It'd really help if we knew what you were running on all your Pokemon, haha. Good luck to you!

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Gardevoir is Psychic and would make an excellent addition to your team, I think. :) You can teach it Thunderbolt for coverage as well, which is nice. And Shadow Ball, even though Ghost is physical in this game, it's nice to have something to hit other Psychic types.

btw, you should evolve that Lombre. Go to the Abandoned Ship (you'll need Dive and Surf) on the route to the right of Dewford. You'll need to go down to the locked rooms and solve a puzzle, but you should get your Water Stone easily without having to do all of it. But you definitely wanna evolve that Lombre.

Oh, and I recommend being at least level 50 before going in honestly. Just use Gabby and Ty to grind levels and money! :)

btw, you will probably get better help if you make a thread in the in-game team help forum. That's where team help is supposed to go anyway. When you post there, just make sure you include your Pokemon's moves. It'd really help if we knew what you were running on all your Pokemon, haha. Good luck to you!

I will do that, thank you! I was going to evolve Lombre but doesn't it learn Hydro Pump soon, and Ludicolo doesnt learn it?

Where are Gabby and Ti?

Thanks for your help

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Surf is much better than Hydro Pump. :) More accuracy and PP and its base power is enough to hold its own. Believe me when I say you're gonna want that 15 PP over the 5 that Hydro Pump gives you, and 100% accuracy is much better to have. You want reliability when facing the E4, especially if it's your first time.

I don't remember the route numbers specifically, so here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gabby_and_Ty

They show up in three different spots and go there in the same order, so it's easy to locate them and battle. Just keep battling them to gain exp and money. Also attach an Amulet Coin to your lead to get more money off them. You can get that by talking to your mom after defeating Norman.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I will do that, thank you! I was going to evolve Lombre but doesn't it learn Hydro Pump soon, and Ludicolo doesnt learn it?

Where are Gabby and Ti?

Thanks for your help

Gabby and Ty keep changing location. They go from the route above Mauville City, to the route east of Mauville City (across the water) and then to the route east of Fortree City and then back to the start again.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Hey guys, I just restarted my Leaf Green and I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what Fire Type I should use. Usually, I just start off with Charmander or trade over a Growlithe from Fire Red but this time around, I'm interested to use either a Ninetales or a Rapidash. Which of there two are better to use in game in the Third Generation and What would be their best movesets? I was thinking to use either:

Ninetales:

Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Confuse Ray
Toxic

or

Rapidash:
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
??????????

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey guys, I just restarted my Leaf Green and I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what Fire Type I should use. Usually, I just start off with Charmander or trade over a Growlithe from Fire Red but this time around, I'm interested to use either a Ninetales or a Rapidash. Which of there two are better to use in game in the Third Generation and What would be their best movesets? I was thinking to use either:

Ninetales:

Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Confuse Ray
Toxic

or

Rapidash:
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Sunny Day
??????????

Both have awful movepools to be honest. Personally I prefer Rapidash. For movesets:
Ninetales:
Flamethrower
Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Quick Attack/Body Slam/Iron Tail/Hidden Power/Whatever other typed move

Rapidash:
Sunny Day
Flamethrower
Solarbeam
Iron Tail/Bounce/Hidden Power/Body Slam/Other move

Also have you considered Magmar? It has a better movepool (albeit not that much better).

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2020
Finally beat the Elite Four then my save got corrupted, and it only gives me the option of starting a new game, is this often a case with emulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back