• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Well I got good news and bad news. The good news is that I beat the Lauren Pokemon League and the World Pokemon Championship. The bad news is I don't know what do next. What do I do next in the ROM Hack? I guess catching legendary Pokemon maybe? I enjoy playing your ROM Hack Wesley, it has improved since then by a lot. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Don't forget that I'm here too, Ash. Let's get this right on, partner!
If you've already started working on it, send me the patch.
Well you did not contact me so I thought you were out and wouldn't be able to translate =)
But yes, let's go for it =)
And no I did not start yet, I'll be sending bug report to Wes and we'll see if he can do anything with it...

i read the cooment from Sacrastic Prince to ASH493 << Don't forget that I'm here too, Ash. Let's get this right on, partner!
If you've already started working on it, send me the patch. >>
i do not know if you are friends or no....but that i read, i really saw two FRIENDS!!!! Weslay,ASH and Sarcastic i do not know you but i really appreciate your work and the way you help and talk...if you are like this and in your real life then world with people like you would be much better
Well thank you for your kind words :)
And if we are like this in real life... I'm trying :D I don't know about SP though :D

and 3rd: If u win Zhery E4 while u are in Lauren, the events will "reset", or is just my impression?
I don't want to say it but I have to...
Unfortunately it is not "just your impression", it's reality... unfortunately this version has lots of flag bugs... I'll contact Wes and tell him about it in case he is not acknowledged with that fact.

Well I got good news and bad news. The good news is that I beat the Lauren Pokemon League and the World Pokemon Championship. The bad news is I don't know what do next. What do I do next in the ROM Hack? I guess catching legendary Pokemon maybe? I enjoy playing your ROM Hack Wesley, it has improved since then by a lot. :)
If you did not catch legendaries before, you should do that now :D
By the way how strong your pokemon were against Ash?

so i try to explain a little more i went to kosaka city the event before the lake with some grunts showed and when i translated what they said in google translate it sayd something that they have to do this job good coz the boss was angry or so i went to kasaka through the lake beat the trainers and went of course straight after the pokecenter to the gym there comes the gym leader and say something with sky tower i guess coz after she go away and i treid to go in the gym it said something with sky tower the only thing is that i cant go in the sky tower coz there isa a gurad and say that it isnt allowed to enter for strangers(maybe noone can go in the sky tower at this point in the game...i guess)...so i treid still to go inside the gym but the same mentionig something with sky tower if im right so i started to explore more since i could go in the sky tower so i went through the forest before flamnry city and reached it there i thought that i should go in the fabrik of pokeballs but nothing there too and in the gym i couldnt go too because of the aron the same for the vulcan after i could do aniything more i went back to kosaka city where i could now go in the gym i beat it and now i am stuck ellie wont show up in flamenry city so that this means that i cant go with the story line....but i really dont know why ellie wont show up by me.......is it maybe that i should have go to flamenry city before entering kosaka gym or something??
sorry again for bad english im german and albanish
I see you really did events in wrong order, you don't have to apologize for your english ;) Not everyone can speak clearly if they are not native speakers.
Well I'd suggest backuping your save (in case it could be used again) and reset the game and once you reach the part after 2nd badge go to Kosaka City first, then do Sky Tower event and then Flamerny City =) You should be able to continue if you do it that way.

Wow it's harder and harder to answer all of your questions :D
So I'll question I've already mentioned...
Some of you mentioned that they'd like to see changed names in English beta, would you mind giving us idea?
I have some ideas which would probably change names to sound like Japanese ones =D For example Lumi to Yumi etc. =)

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Because Hacks are made to be played on VBA.

Anyways...

I can't believe that the final beta of Light Platinum has been released already!

Well, people, when I get back home today, I'll be working on the English version. Expect it to be released in 3 weeks. (Or earlier) Any additional bugs in Hack will be corrected. For example, Pokedex entries, scripting bugs, etc.

Don't forget that I'm here too, Ash. Let's get this right on, partner!
If you've already started working on it, send me the patch.

Anyways, I think that you should finish translating Mirage first.

I believe all the hacks are made for VBA n the gameboid can playvthe rest of the hacks and the original games. There should be a reason why the emulator dnt play this game???

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
well i speake portuguese so sorry if my "engrish" is so bad....

its a first time i see this topic...iv been registered a few hours ago

i downloaded the final version and tested in my vb emulator

its work perfect

but my question is....i can play on my gpsp on my psp?

i already download a ruby version in englsh e pacth with lunar ips but in my psp freeze in a white screen but in my visual boy works....

well exist a way to make works in a psp??

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
well i speake portuguese so sorry if my "engrish" is so bad....

its a first time i see this topic...iv been registered a few hours ago

i downloaded the final version and tested in my vb emulator

its work perfect

but my question is....i can play on my gpsp on my psp?

i already download a ruby version in englsh e pacth with lunar ips but in my psp freeze in a white screen but in my visual boy works....

well exist a way to make works in a psp??

THis is the same thing that happens to me but with GAMEBOID emulator

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Erm... My Enbuoh just evolved into Pendoraa. :\
On level 37.

EDIT: I'm in Flamerny City and there's an Aron infestation there. What am I supposed to do? Nevermind, I battled Prof. Ellie.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Well you did not contact me so I thought you were out and wouldn't be able to translate =)
But yes, let's go for it =)
And no I did not start yet, I'll be sending bug report to Wes and we'll see if he can do anything with it...

I'm now working on it. I'm now at the part where Beta 2 ended. (Darkdusk City) And if we don't get replies from Wesley, we'll just have squash the bugs ourselves. After all, we are Hackers, right?

Erm... My Enbuoh just evolved into Pendoraa. :\
On level 37.

If that is supposed to be an error, I'll correct it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Hey y'all where is the 7th gym leader? ?? What do I do after I get dive???

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I see you really did events in wrong order, you don't have to apologize for your english ;) Not everyone can speak clearly if they are not native speakers.
Well I'd suggest backuping your save (in case it could be used again) and reset the game and once you reach the part after 2nd badge go to Kosaka City first, then do Sky Tower event and then Flamerny City =) You should be able to continue if you do it that way.

okay thank you for answering for all my annoying questions...and i can see that you are a good men someone else would never took his worthy time to answer all these questions from me so i am really gratefull...im gonna restart the game and look if it happened because ive done the events in the wrong order or just coz i have an error in the rom or something....but at the end just one last annpying question for you ash if you dont mind:P
just tell me how the event should have gone...like i reach the kosaka city and there is the event where you meet the gym leader before the gym and he says something of sky tower what should have happen after that?...for example where to go nest how to enter sky tower and such...if you dont want to answer its alright i find maybe the right way...
and again thank you for answering and i hope that you and sarcastic prince will get the english version as fast as possible for you is and dont get tired on the work...for me you are kind people:P
and wesley is for me an idol one of the best hackers that exist this time maybe one of the top5 hackers(if i can say:P)....i love his hack the tiles and every single second that i am playing this hack and i hope that someday i will create a hack that can go even a little near this hack....
oh and an idea how will it be to make someone an walkthrough of this game like the orders of thing you have to do coz in this thread are so many questions of what to do next and those questions have started to repeat very much..well i would make one on my own but i'm not good at spelling english worts right no one would know what i am writting...but i would suport the one who is making it with things like wild pokemons and itmes one the routes that are obtainable.....

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
Im glad i could help, :) this hack is amazing..

demetrio es portugues de portugal?

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
this is a great hack, i played through the game and i loved it, obviously it has its flaws with bugs. but thats inevitable.
but my 1 complaint is that you dont have Sneasel or Weavile in the game!!!! theyre my favourite pokemon =( and i got sad when i didnt see it in your pokedex, other than that though, great hack, cant wait til the english version so i can understand =P

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
Hey tallboys beat the pokemonbleague but after that I was in bed and nothing happen I thought the credits were gna show but it didn't? ?? Is this a bug? ?? I went back to the pokemon league and I believe ash or idk his name was at the door of the pokemon league. Again???

helmy96

Now planning a hack, nid help
Years
1st question:Is it in english?
2nd question: Will there be improvements or upgrades of any sort in the future? Not counting bug fixes though, and i like how this game looks, downloading it to try answer my first question...

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Okay, so here's the second round of my glitch report:
Spoiler:

And finally, my team after defeating the Lauren League.
lauren-league-hof.png

Chronic*Chrone

Chronicles*Of*Chrone
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
OH MY GOD !
pLease someone heLp me !
i forgot to defeat the 2nd leader in zhery !
and now , i can't go back to esmerald city !
pLease , if someone knows how to go back in esmerald city , PLEASE , let me know :(

i really need that second badge so i can go LAVA SURFING :D

Back