• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
well I usually play the same characters in franchise based fights eg. Mario vs. Lugi vs. Peach vs. Bowser (sometimes adding Donkey Kong, Yoshi or Wario) or Pikachu vs. Red vs. Lucario vs. Jigglypuff.
I do, do that sometimes. Like not only that, but in other ways. Like Roy/Ike vs Marth vs Link vs Young/Toon Link, the Swordsmen battle. Then the little guys, Ice Climbers vs Mr Game and Watch vs Ness vs Pikachu/Kirby/Jigglypuff, etc. Quite amusing. And the famous guys, Mario vs Sonic vs Pikachu and I'll be whoever I am..which is Peach since I don't really pick anyone else these days lol
I only ever play the CPU. If I have a friend over or I'm at a friend's place, we'll play against each other, but 90% of the time I'm playing the CPU and I never get bored of it haha.

Admittedly, I spend most of my time in the 100-Man and 15-Minute Brawl sections because I like fending off a whole stack of enemies at once and seeing how many I can beat. I make up back stories for the characters in my head and I see the entire cast of the game as sort of like The Avengers, tasked with protecting the Earth :P

...man I'm sad.
You & your Avengers LOL
I never get bored of the CPU either! It's quite fun. What does everyone normally like playing? Stock/Time/Bonuses/Coins?

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Me, I always have Time matches and the time is set for 5 minutes. Sometimes I have Stock and Coin matches.
I've always loved doing Stock, because that way we have no time limit :X I hate Time Limits to be honest. I wouldn't mind playing them, my good friend here set it up when I let him and it's usually Bonuses. But I HATE Coins. I just do lol I want to fight, not collect fake money :P

Has anyone ever actually used 99 Lives for Stock and fought till the last man standing? I've done it, like, probably way to much haha. It's definitely a long match but probably not as long as the 99:00 minutes one...or is it? O.o

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I have done the 99 stock match once
Done too
but I have NEVER done the 99:00 minute match! The longest time match that i've ever done is 20:00 minutes.
Done as well, back when I mained Sonic. (Was obsessed.)

Speaking of mains, anyone here love to change mains constantly? Although I usually stick with at least one character the whole time, I end up maining a variety of characters for a short period.
Like in Melee for me: Mewtwo -> Pikachu -> Yoshi -> Dr. Mario -> Captain Falcon (Current & probably primary)
Brawl: Sonic -> Yoshi -> Luigi -> Olimar (Primary main) -> Game & Watch -> C.Falcon (current)

In bunch of other fighting games too
Marvel vs Capcom 3: Amaterasu -> Spider-Man -> Super Skrull -> Dormammu -> Phoenix Wright -> Frank West -> Haggar
Tekken: Yoshimitsu -> Armor King -> Dragunov -> Kazuya
Street Fighter x Tekken: Bison -> Guile -> Ogre -> Steve
Street Fighter 4: Nah this is the only game where I stayed with one character (Bison)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Don't really use many but I switch between Marth (which is pretty much the main main lol), Dedede and Ness. Dedede feels so different than the other two though for obvious reasons so when I switch to him it takes some time to get used to lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay realistic I've used 4 mains/primaries my entire life, but only two I care to use to this day and love them to this day

Original Super Smash Bros I've used Mario. He was my main. It wasn't until the very end right before Melee released when I transit to Fox. When Melee came out, other than Trophies and Goals, I've used nothing but Fox McCloud. He is my main character overall, and with our history together, it only make sense.

During that span, I've pretty much used half and half, back before I went into the xbox 360 gaming, I've used Mewtwo as my secondary or practiced using him more so than used Fox to fight. But that ruined my chance to actually use him against more players than I actually faced. Not to mention Brawl has Lucario and I prefer Mewtwo over Lucario anyday.

Now I have put Fox back as a back-up, or secondary character, if you will, and Princess Peach is my main. Two completely different stylists of fighters, Fox who is a fast pace fighter, and Peach, who is more of a laid back, calm fighter. I've learn how to control both of these and perfect them both.

So really in order
1. Princess Peach
2. Fox(Although I've used him the most my entire life right now)
3. Mewtwo
4. Mario(Thanks to Super Smash Bros, the original one)

The rest I only cared to use in 1P modes. I've used Pikachu a few times back then but not very much today.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
In SSB original I did lvl 9 cpu 4 players me vs them with the most lives you can have however many that was, needless to say I dominated.

Mains well lets see,

Fox was one I have used the most over all the games, hes just so fun xD.
In brawl I used Metaknight i think his name is? for the most part, just using fox when I wanted to win for sure.
I used pikachu the most in the original one, as he was my favourite. Using his thunder and pausing it as it hit someone was fantastic! Other then that I didnt really use any other characters all that much.. I guess I should probably branch out abit more...
Oh and I used kirby a lot to but who doesnt, hes just so fun!

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
In SSB original I did lvl 9 cpu 4 players me vs them with the most lives you can have however many that was, needless to say I dominated.

Mains well lets see,

Fox was one I have used the most over all the games, hes just so fun xD.
In brawl I used Metaknight i think his name is? for the most part, just using fox when I wanted to win for sure.
I used pikachu the most in the original one, as he was my favourite. Using his thunder and pausing it as it hit someone was fantastic! Other then that I didnt really use any other characters all that much.. I guess I should probably branch out abit more...
Oh and I used kirby a lot to but who doesnt, hes just so fun!
Hehehe me too!
I also do like Pikachus Electric Spin thingy (don't know name)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I always do Stock battles, because I can't stand any other kind lol. It's just a nice and clean way to play, it's not convoluted because you can clearly see how many lives a person has and how much it will take to defeat them. In time battles every time you kill each other you have the +1 -1 thing happening and you never know who's winning. The other kinds I just find too stressful :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I think Ive played the max time in a time battle as well (That was LONG). I still found it pretty fun. I did enjoy stock better because you could steal lives off your team mates if you had too >.< that was always hilarious. Especially if they only had a few left and were nearly dead! /not a horrible team player.

Okay guys I went to play brawl at my friends today and we couldn't find it! I was so excited to play it and now Im sad and disappointed, what should I do to fill the gap not getting to play brawl has left inside me!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Okay guys I went to play brawl at my friends today and we couldn't find it! I was so excited to play it and now Im sad and disappointed, what should I do to fill the gap not getting to play brawl has left inside me!
To me it's either Mario Kart or Super Smash Bros. :P

Maybe you should tell your friend to...store your game properly? I get annoyed when people leave their games laying around :X

My friend has had two Brawls and sold them both. I wish I could play it right now :(

I have yet to play 1P Mode on Brawl, so idk if it has any, so I'll ask for Melee. What's your favorite Event in Melee? My has to be the very last one, #51. Whoever you choose vs Giga Bowser, Mewtwo & Ganondorf.

Anyone remember their record time for beating it?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Yeah apparently his brother took it without asking so we just played fifa instead /cries.

I never did the 1P mode in melee but I got pretty good at the solo mode in SSB Original,
I'm not sure what my best time was but I think I finished it on Very hard without losing a life once or twice. I thought that was a pretty good effort.

-Edit-
Guys I think I just found a way to play SSB Melee.. xD I'll soon be a wealth of knowledge hopefully!!!

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Yeah apparently his brother took it without asking so we just played fifa instead /cries.

I never did the 1P mode in melee but I got pretty good at the solo mode in SSB Original,
I'm not sure what my best time was but I think I finished it on Very hard without losing a life once or twice. I thought that was a pretty good effort.

-Edit-
Guys I think I just found a way to play SSB Melee.. xD I'll soon be a wealth of knowledge hopefully!!!
Sometimes I'd go through and face 1P for fun, like after I obtained all the trophies. Otherwise I'd go through Multiplayer Melee since those are fun and setting up your own rules, etc. But I'm still working on All-Star Mode on Very Hard difficulty, doing attempting it with Peach. I've defeated it with Fox years ago. Adventure I've gotten both Peach and Fox done with on Very Hard, but took quite a few attempts with Peach. However Classic Mode I was able to defeat it with Peach and Fox and keep trying to break my points record, it seems that Peach has Fox beat on my end, everytime :X

Somehow haha

Has that knowledge been wealthy?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I hate playing as Ice Climbers, even though their results are amazing. Even though they undoubtedly get the job done, I prefer playing with faster and more agile characters... I always feel really weighed down when I'm using them. Especially since there's two of them.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I hate playing as Ice Climbers, even though their results are amazing. Even though they undoubtedly get the job done, I prefer playing with faster and more agile characters... I always feel really weighed down when I'm using them. Especially since there's two of them.

They are so awesome though! Double the trouble for the enemy! Its like THERES TWO OF US WHAT CHA GUNNA DO! And they can freeze people! I think they are my favourite out of who I've played so far, Though I also think Marth is really fun as well :) even though I have no idea what her Down B move does..

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Just as an FYI, Marth is a man :P
LOL I seriously laughed my @$$ off to that! Dressed as a Royal Prince can make you look like a girl. I don't think so :P
They are so awesome though! Double the trouble for the enemy! Its like THERES TWO OF US WHAT CHA GUNNA DO! And they can freeze people! I think they are my favourite out of who I've played so far, Though I also think Marth is really fun as well :) even though I have no idea what her Down B move does..
I don't like Ice Climbers myself, I prefer to always play as my own and don't like any assistance from the CPU/AI's whatsoever. Marth's Down B Move=Reflecting Attacks. I hope you don't ask what Roy's does because it's the same. Except I think Roy's double the reflecting attack back, so you can tell who's stronger. Similar lines for Fox, Falco and Wolf's Deflect
Completely agreed, that's why I've used Fox majorly and Zelda(Shiek) from time to time. But then again, I don't think that applies to when I'm using Peach. I love using her hovering abilities. Amazing!

Oh yeah, I rarely press Down A for Peach, to grab the fruits from the ground. Lately I've been doing so and I've only once drew out bom-ombs as items. Well yesterday when I was playing, I was playing with NO ITEMS and I was just sitting back and throwing fruits at the CPU. Next thing you know, I see a Mr. Saturn thrown. And after a while, I drew out a Beam Sword. Peach definitely has her uses now that I know what she can do, rarely :X
The knowledge is coming.. slowly, thats for sure, It's really hard to play on a keyboard, I needs to get me a controller for my computer and a better computer! But Ice-Climbers are awesome!!
I'd play the original Super Smash Bros more on the Project 64, if I had a controller myself, but I don't. :(*Sadface*:(

Last edited:

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Not having a controller makes it really difficult to play, I think I'm definitely going to have to go find one somewhere soon so I can continue playing!

Look guys I thought he was a guy then I saw his hair on a Kirby and was like.. Girl!?!?! I AM SORRY I DIDNT KNOW!

And his down b definitely does nothing. I havent been able to reflect.. ANYTHING. Its frustrating as well.

Also since when can Peach pick up fruit and throw them!?! Thats madness!! Thats basically cheating right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back