• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: Favourite 2nd Evolution Starter Pokemon

Favourite 2nd Evolution Starter Pokemon

• Ivysaur

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Charmeleon

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Wartortle

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Bayleef

• Quilava

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Croconaw

• Grovyle

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Combusken

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Marshtomp

• Grotle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monferno

• Prinplup

• Servine

• Pignite

• Dewott

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Sirfetch’d

(You ninja! I was going to create this thread later) I like all of them, especially the 3rd. Gen ones. They were the most useful. Grovyle look the coolest, but I am going to have to vote Combusken.

Years
My fave is Dewott, cos I love its design.

PP2_Dewott.png

I also love its poses in most of its artwork and sprites.

Snork

My cabbages!
Years
Quilava is my favourite, has been ever since Gen II, but dewott definitely comes in second

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I voted for Ivysaur. It's not the one with the best design, but it's really useful in battle, since it's unstoppable with Leech Seed, Poison Powder and Razor Leaf. The fourth attack doesn't matter xD

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Not really fond of any of the second evolutions of any of the starters, but if I had to choose, I'd pick either Prinplup or Grotle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Oh man ... Can I say all the second evolution starts in Kanto and Johto and then Grovyle and I guess Dewott? But if I had to narrow it down I'll have to way Wartortle and Quilava.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Tied between Marshtomp and Dewott, but I like Dewott in particular, since having a 75 Base Power STAB move (112.5 BP when STAB is taken into account) in Razor Shell is very useful at the time.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Grovyle was probably the coolest looking starter when it evolves. I don't know, that's just how I like to view it.

If I had to think of a tie between Grovyle.. I would say Ivysaur. Once again, it just looks really cool. Almost like a miniature Venusaur XD.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I really only like Grovyle. I don't know why he is just awesome. I wish it was the last stage instead of sceptile. Quilava is a close 2nd tho.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Love Bayleef. I love all of Chikorita's line. Coming close are Quilava because of how adorible it is, and Ivysaur and Charmeleon.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
hm...this one was a tough choice. I like Combusken, Wartortle, Bayleef, and Croconaw. But outta all of my favorites Quilava and Dewott hit da top. and if I had to choose between da two.

It would be...

Dewott. It's design and movement is just awesome. Samurai Status, son

Back