• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Legend Version

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Pokemon Legend Version is a hack of Pokemon
badge-crystal.png
This hack contains two versions called Legend and Legend Z. Legend Z is made for people who think that Legend is way too easy and I don't recommend playing it with slow-running VBA. But Legend is okay with 100% playing already :)

Storyline:

In this hack you'll start your journey in Celadon City in Kanto.
Prof Elm. has catched three pokemon and lets you to choose one of them.
Those pokemon are:
Spoiler:

After you get your first pokemon you're able to begin your quest to become pokemon master.
You begin your quest by challenging the new gym leader of Celadon City who has just begun training psychic-type pokemon.
After you beat the gym leader in Celadon you start a real journey by traveling from town to town and challenging even more skilled trainers and gym leaders.

All in all you're able to collect 10 badges in Kanto region and the remaining 6 are in various parts of Johto.
You'll only need 8 to enter the pokeleague (pokeleague is in Johto) but good trainers have at least 10 badges.
Are you able to collect them all and if you can Prof. Oak may have a special thing for you to do ;)

Features:
Kanto as the main region but you're able to access some parts of Johto
Kanto and Johto region are edited (of course)
Advanced-looking mapping :)
Trade-evolutions have been changed to level evolutions :)
New wild pokemon locations
Gyms are different-type gyms than usually (for example Blaine uses normal type pokemon in this hack)
Possibility to beat the game without challenging all gym leaders (you must beat Bugsy, Falkner, Morty and Whitney and the other 4 you can choose yourself.
New trainers
New areas
New warp locations
Time to say goodbye for Lance as the pokemon league champion :)
New sprites & tiles
Two versions like in Shiny Gold and the difficulty level between those two is BIG

Pictures
Spoiler:

DOWNLOADS
Spoiler:

Banners
by WILLBILL2

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
I think nobody expected betas yet but I've done it now :)

Beta version can be downloaded in first post but I recommend you to read the story part first because if you don't you'll have problems getting the Magnet train Pass.

miksy91

Years
Yay! You made another Crystal hack. I'll gladly check it out. You've never let down on a G/S/C hack yet, and I don't expect you to ever.
Well I think this hack and pikachu edition are far better than crystal redesign/world.
However the problem with this hack is that many places have been moved to different places which makes it hard to know what to do and it's easy to get stuck during the gameplay.

I think I should write a walkthrough-document or something.
Btw thanks that you like these :)

miksy91

Years
I'm stuck, I still need one more badge in this, where do I go after I beat Clair?
head west and enter the cave
then you'll face your rival and after that just continue the path to the next city

or is there a bug that there is no cave in that route or something ?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
There is but I want the badge, I only have 5 and she's the only one who doesn't give the badge and in one of the exits in the cave your rival pops up again but with a super powerful team and it's the script where he's headed for the E4.

miksy91

Years
There is but I want the badge, I only have 5 and she's the only one who doesn't give the badge and in one of the exits in the cave your rival pops up again but with a super powerful team and it's the script where he's headed for the E4.
I'm not sure where I put Dragon's Den yet so you can't get badge from clair yet. And that rival thing is not a bug since I thought that you can continue with magnet train from saffron and after you've explored all kanto you're able to beat your rival and go to johto.

If you've magnet train pass then you've already passed the beta :|

Cнαяcнιc

Banned
Years
Nice hack. Crystal hacks have much more potential so I will be keeping an eye on this one. I like the look of it. And I like the fact that you don't have to beat the Gym Leaders to use the Hm. That is a lot more realistic. I like this alot.

Charchic.

miksy91

Years
MAJOR UPDATE :)

I've gotten to the point that Legend Version is nothing more than just a one-day job far from finished but I'll need to take a long break from hacking (at least a month) and then I could finish this project by making Legend Z.

I'd like to get your opinion if I should release this game in a few days in Hacks Showcase or take a long break and release both the versions at the same time in October.

If I release it now there will only be Legend (Final Version) and Legend Z (Beta Version). Legend Z (Final Version) would be up in October.

What should I do ?

Years
I've played Legend Version and it's difficult. I think it's better to release Legend Z in October,and Legend Final Release this weekend. I think that's what Zel did with Shiny Gold X, He released it later.

miksy91

Years
Really those who are interested vote now so I can decide what to do :)

(Look for the Major Update post above)

EDIT:

Now I've done also a trailer of this hack which contains 30 pictures of what the game looks like.
Those pictures which are in the first post are in it but it still has a lot more to be seen.
Check first post for this and vote if this game should be released now or not :D

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Just letting everyone know that I finished the hack today and I'm now testing it to find bugs if there are any. And I will release Legend first and Z one later so expect to find a full version really soon ;)

Also I removed Legend Version (Beta) link since I don't want anyone to download the beta now that the hack is completely finished.
Beta contained a few bugs anyway...

Years
Cool. I think you make good hacks. World and Redesign took me awhile. Pikachu edition was less difficult and still hard. Where do you get a Vulpix and Onix? I want to use them like you used them. I also started with Marill too.

miksy91

Years
Cool. I think you make good hacks. World and Redesign took me awhile. Pikachu edition was less difficult and still hard. Where do you get a Vulpix and Onix? I want to use them like you used them. I also started with Marill too.
Onix = Dark Cave (in the floor which can be accessed from both vermilion and cerulean).
Vulpix = Route 25 (next to the dancing theater)

Years
Cool, I'm going to catch them so they can help me. I know what all 16 gym leaders are the order you fought them.
Kanto:Bugsy,Falkner,Morty,Misty,Clair,Jasmine,Whitney,Pryce,Sabrina, and Blaine.
Johto:Erika,Brock,Lt.Surge,Chuck,Janine, and Blue.
This game is great. ^_^

miksy91

Years
Okay it's time for another major update :D
The hack is now done and I've also beta tested it already.

Right now I thought of releasing it and the downloadlink can be found in the first post.
Also this thread will be (hopefully) moved to Hacks Showcase. I'll ask one of the mods to do that.
Also new pictures will be uploaded very soon, I'll upload the patch file now and pics will be up by tonight.

And if someone doesn't know yet Legend Z will be finished later and beta of it will be downloadable until I get it finished.

Last edited:
Back