• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Equivalent Exchange! Fullmetal Alchemist Club

Years
Welcome, Full Metal! You have an amazing username, just so you know. :3

Uuugh I loved Greed + Ling though. Those two were adorable and
Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome to our club, Full Metal! It's a tiny pun, you see. ;D

Also, Greed. :(

What character do you have the most in common with?
Hmm probably Al since I am quite kind and passive, but I do take a stand when I have to protect something. That and I really wish I could be surrounded by cats. :D

If you were a state alchemist, what would you want your code name to be?
I wanna shoot flaming daggers. >:O Hellfire alchemist. Did I mention I was a sweetheart? :]

Years
Let's liven this baby with some new topics, shall we? :D

Are there any characters you wanted to get more screentime/to see more of, be it in the original Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood? Why?

Have you read the FMA manga? If so, did you read it through until the end or was the anime your preference?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Are there any characters you wanted to get more screentime/to see more of, be it in the original Fullmetal Alchemist or Brotherhood? Why?

That be... a good question. I don't have any honest clue. D: Maybe Rose because she wasn't really in the manga at all.

Have you read the FMA manga? If so, did you read it through until the end or was the anime your preference?

Of course I have... I've read it four times all the way through and I prefer the manga.

Years
Of course I have... I've read it four times all the way through and I prefer the manga.

Four times is impressive! I started reading it around episode 40 of the anime and got through to the end. Now that I think about it, I probably should read the manga from beginning to end just to experience that and see if there was anything different there compared to Brotherhood. The art style's lovely!

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Fullmetal Alchemist has two movies: "Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa" and "Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos." The first film follows the original series while the latter was set within Brotherhood, the second series', timeline. Have you seen either of these movies? What did you think of them?

I've seen Conqueror of Shamballa, and it sucked imo. There's ONE giant plot hole in it that I can't get over.....

TwilightBlade

Years
I find Lust's design so interesting and so I do wish she had more screentime. In the 2003 anime, she had far more development outside of just being a Homunculus. Her backstory here caused me to feel sorry for her. Don't get me wrong, Lust's final moment in Brotherhood is what got me hooked into having to marathon that one, but I didn't feel connected to her as much because of her lack of screen time in Brotherhood.

I started reading bits of it; when the semester ends, I'll have to jump right back into it. I still prefer watching something over reading because of the added visual and sound effects.

Years
I've seen Conqueror of Shamballa, and it sucked imo. There's ONE giant plot hole in it that I can't get over.....

Aww! I actually have very vague memories of Shamballa since it's been too long. Really need to pick it up and rewatch without skimming this time.

I started reading bits of it; when the semester ends, I'll have to jump right back into it. I still prefer watching something over reading because of the added visual and sound effects.

This is my preference too. It's just so much easier for me to get attached to a story and its characters if I could hear music, sounds, and voices - makes everything feel a lot more alive.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Aw that Edward icon is so cute!! Just saw this cub. :o I'll join!!

Username: Bruce Banner
Favorite character(s): Alphonse Elric (so generous), Edward Elric (such a good brother), Roy Mustang (ofc), and Armstrong
Answer a topic:

If you were a state alchemist, what would you want your code name to be?

Big Green Alchemist.

:3

Also, to answer another one of the questions, I started watching the anime in either 6th. or 7th. grade. The I started watching Brotherhood in 9th. grade. Really enjoyed both anime series. Haven't seen all of Brotherhood, but have seen all of the "original" FMA. Such a good anime; haven't read much of the manga tbh.

TwilightBlade

Years
Welcome to our corner, Bruce Banner! :'3 You really should see all of Brotherhood!

I'm getting vague memories of some arcs, so who's interested in joining a Livestream sometime?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Username: [supporter]Axeliira[/supporter]
Favorite character(s): Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Edward Elric, Winry :3

How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?

How I first got into the FMA series was actually out of random. One morning a couple years ago, I was browsing Netflix in the Anime category, looking for an anime to watch. The only *good* one was FMA and I was like "hmm okay, lemme try that one then." I was pretty hooked on the first episode, I was wondering about the ongoing status of Alphonse and if he'll ever get his body back through alchemy. I binged through most of the first arc, which was what... 50 or so episodes? Then I moved on to Brotherhood which tore me apart emotionally imo. Brotherhood is on Netflix now, so I'm planning to rewatch that again to relive that emotional roller coaster. xD

If there's a livestream coming soon, I'm so there. Just pick a date and I'll try to make it when I can. :D

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Username: Dragon_Trainer
Favorite character(s):Roy Mustang, Alphonse Elric
How/when did you get into the FMA series? What are your overall thoughts on the manga/anime?
I would have liked to see more of Roy Mustang vs different Homonculi........ It would've been quite epic.......... I loved the fight where Roy Mustang literally killed Envy and Lust(different fights) and the final battle with father..............
I have really loved the series....... It had a great storyline and concept but I do not wish that it continues because the continuation would ruin the story imo..........

TwilightBlade

Years
@Axeliira: Welcome! Brotherhood dub or sub is on Netflix? Now I regret getting rid of Netflix. ;_; Brotherhood tears me apart even when I rewatch clips on youtube. Powerful story there!

@Dragon_Trainer_: Hey there, nice to see you join! Those fights were some of my favorite scenes as well. I can't get over how epic episode 19 w/ Lust is.

As for streaming nights, I picked out some arcs from the first 26 episodes of Brotherhood. I'm flexible and free on Fridays and Saturdays. Olli's interested in helping us party, too. Thus it depends on if anyone can tune in this Friday&weekend or would prefer future weekends, you know? :')

Day
Starting Time : Episode Title
Friday
2PM EST : Fullmetal Alchemist to An Alchemist's Anguish [Episodes 1 to 4] Host: Olli
Friday
6PM EST : Hidden Truths to Separate Destinations [Episodes 7 to 10] Host: Lilith
Friday
9PM EST : Miracle at Rush Valley to Those Who Lurk Underground Episodes 11 to 14] Host: Lilith
Saturday
6PM EST : Death of the Undying to Backs in the Distance [Episodes 19 to 22] Host: Olli http://www.livestream.com/poclivestreams
Saturday
9PM EST : Girl on the Battlefield to Reunion [Episode 23 to 26] Host: Lilith http://www.livestream.com/twilightblade
Sunday
Encore presentation of your choice

My timezone is UTC -5 (Eastern Standard Time) [click]

Saturday edit: Switched the Saturday hosts

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Ooh I don't know if I can make this tsk My little sister is getting into bleach and she is about to catch up to where I am so I might not be able to make it. I might be able to join in on Saturday.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I'm in EST and I'm usually free all the time... though, this weekend is my Birthday, and I'm unsure of what my plans are... so I'll probably miss out on one or both days D8

Buuuuut, I'll tune in if/when I can. and I haven't watched the Sub, so I think it would be a nice change. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Friday at 6 (I'll be on my work break then), and Saturday at 9 are the only times I can make it. I'm PST, Sunday is more probable though!

@Axeliira: Welcome! Brotherhood dub or sub is on Netflix? Now I regret getting rid of Netflix. ;_; Brotherhood tears me apart even when I rewatch clips on youtube. Powerful story there!

It was dubbed, which I didn't mind at all, although I do prefer subbed version because it felt a bit more natural.

& OMG YES. I think I started to get a little teary eyed after the first few episodes ;;

Years
I'll try to pop by all of them! These times are mostly all fine for me since I'm off for the next few weeks. So happy for a livestream event. <3

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I'm CST, but I should be able to join for all except the first stream. (:

**edit**
Also, I'm not too concerned about subs vs dubs, but if it were up to me I would prefer dubs so I can make popcorn while the show is playing. Beyond that, it has 0 relevance to me.

Back