• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Hey, how do I access scripts allready in the game?(More specifically, the one that determine where you start when you create your character) I have both advance map and PKSV atm

That requires ASM hacking unfortunately.
It's not a script.

Another way of doing it is re-creating the starting map.

Example: In Ruby, you start off in the truck. You can edit the truck to look like whatever map you want it to be but it will keep the animation.

If you're hacking Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, you can copy Pallet Town and paste it onto a new map and just edit the original Pallet.

Years
Hey guys, got a few questions..

1) When I unzip A-Text, the exe file disappears. I'm not sure how I'd go about rectifying this problem, as it appears my computer is automatically deleting the file upon unzipping. Any suggestions? I desperately need A-Text for a project I'm currently working on.

2) I think my two problems are related, but anyway, a lot of programs I have downloaded for use (most of the elitemap set, namely) are not working and a lot are saying that files are missing and to reinstall or whatever but no matter how many times I repeat, nothing is happening.

I know these are not exactly hacking related, but perhaps some one out there has had a similar issue and found a way around this? Thanks guys. Actually I tell you what if some one could attach the exe file for A-Text here so I can download the file directly, that'd potentially work for my first issue. Everything else for A-Text is intact, it's only the exe that's missing. Perhaps if I downloaded some one elses exe for A-Text, and used it within my A-Text folder, it'd work?

Still doesn't solve my second issue however, so if anyone has any tips or help they can offer, I'd be very grateful!

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
For some reason XSE 1.1.1 refuses to run on my computer. I open it and it says a whole new scripting experiance has stopped working.

Also does anyone know if psvkui supports 7 digit offsets?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

1) When I unzip A-Text, the exe file disappears. I'm not sure how I'd go about rectifying this problem, as it appears my computer is automatically deleting the file upon unzipping. Any suggestions? I desperately need A-Text for a project I'm currently working on.

2) I think my two problems are related, but anyway, a lot of programs I have downloaded for use (most of the elitemap set, namely) are not working and a lot are saying that files are missing and to reinstall or whatever but no matter how many times I repeat, nothing is happening.

I know these are not exactly hacking related, but perhaps some one out there has had a similar issue and found a way around this? Thanks guys. Actually I tell you what if some one could attach the exe file for A-Text here so I can download the file directly, that'd potentially work for my first issue. Everything else for A-Text is intact, it's only the exe that's missing. Perhaps if I downloaded some one elses exe for A-Text, and used it within my A-Text folder, it'd work?

Still doesn't solve my second issue however, so if anyone has any tips or help they can offer, I'd be very grateful!

Is it an error like "blahblahblah.OCX is missing", or something along those lines? If it is, you need to download the OCX files from online, and register them. If you don't know how to register those kinds of files, I'd google a how-to guide for the command prompt. It's different depending on if you have 32 or 64 bit windows, so if one doesn't work, try the other.

Oh, and which unzipping program are you using?

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
I got xse working. Well somewhat.
It apparently will not run on 64 bit due to an improperly used api call to user32.dll (might bring that to hackmew's attention)
I created another partition and dual booted windows 7 32 bit and it will run on that no prob.

Last edited:

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years

Some picky virus protection programs delete hacking tools upon DL/Unzip. Disable your virus protection while unzipping these.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
i was using per to change the trainers and when i press backspace add a new value for the amount of pokemon they have it has a run time error 13 mismatch. also now when i click on the battle ids on the left they change automatically for example i now have 063 064 066 067 067 068 etc will that change back to normal or how do i fix it?

ok so i tried to clear the data for that trainer 067 a bug catcher in virdian forest and the it has another error after clearing the data, pretty much it wont let me edit that trainer now at all, i was able to go through advance trainer and access him but then it asks to re point the offset. The numbers are still funky though. sigh i hope this doesnt mean i need start from a fresh rom

last post for today i played the rom to c what my mess up wld do and i can battle the trainer i cleared althoughthe pre battle text is all jbfjbvkb and he sends out a ? pokemon that i defeated with a leer attack -_- . thanks for helping me with my nubeness so yea how do i fix this trainer?

Last edited:
Years
Is it an error like "blahblahblah.OCX is missing", or something along those lines? If it is, you need to download the OCX files from online, and register them. If you don't know how to register those kinds of files, I'd google a how-to guide for the command prompt. It's different depending on if you have 32 or 64 bit windows, so if one doesn't work, try the other.

Oh, and which unzipping program are you using?
Yup, that's exactly it. I'll try Pppgggr's suggestion for temporarily disabling my virus protection software and re-unzipping them, but if this still doesn't work I'll take the approach you've suggested. Thanks heaps man, and I'll keep you updated as to what happens.

@ Pppgggr: Thanks, I'll give that a go.

EDIT: Alright, both of you are life savers!

@ redriders180: I should've followed your advice from the get go. I did try the registering of the file, but it turns out I was over-eager and jumped into it without considering the last part where you said it varies for 32 bit and 64 bit, and I wasn't having success until I searched for fixes for 64 bit. When I did I found my solution. Could've saved time if I had listened to you in the first place ;) Thanks so much man, wouldn't have been able to figure this out without your help.

@ Pppgggr: Disabled my Norton Anti-Virus and re-unzipped, and this solved my issue! The EXE files were evidently being deleted without any prompt by Norton, so I'm happy to report I have the exe file of my own accord now. Thanks so much man, without you or redriders180, my project would've likely stalled!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Need help with AdvanceMap

Hi everyone, I'm making a Pokemon ROM hack. When creating a person event (In this case a battle) many tutorial videos have told me to tick the box next to Trainer although, I don't have a tick box next to Trainer all it says is $00 so I'm unsure on what to do.

so to confirm. On the right hand column next to where it says "Trainer" there should be a tick box but, I don't have a tick box, I have a box like the rest which says [$00].

I'm doing this with Pokemon Fire Red and to make sure it wasn't the Rom I've done it with Pokemon Ruby and still no tick box.

I'd like to know how I can get a tick box next to trainer but if not what do I type in where it says [$00] ?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, thanks

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2016
Hey guys, I have one question....I´m looking for pokemon trainer editor for GBA games, in which I can edit trainer´s PKM ....I had one and it was good, but I can´t remember name of it....

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
Hey guys, I have one question....I´m looking for pokemon trainer editor for GBA games, in which I can edit trainer´s PKM ....I had one and it was good, but I can´t remember name of it....

Go with HackMew's A-Trainer. Dependable with a good UI.

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
Hi everyone, I'm making a Pokemon ROM hack. When creating a person event (In this case a battle) many tutorial videos have told me to tick the box next to Trainer although, I don't have a tick box next to Trainer all it says is $00 so I'm unsure on what to do.

so to confirm. On the right hand column next to where it says "Trainer" there should be a tick box but, I don't have a tick box, I have a box like the rest which says [$00].

I'm doing this with Pokemon Fire Red and to make sure it wasn't the Rom I've done it with Pokemon Ruby and still no tick box.

I'd like to know how I can get a tick box next to trainer but if not what do I type in where it says [$00] ?

Could you upload a screenshot of advance map? And what version are you using?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years

The new A-map has $00 instead of a tickbox. Type in $01 to make it start a trainer battle when it sees you.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
When setting which Pokemon will appear from Fishing (with Adv Map), what determines which ones can be caught with which rod?

Does it take the first two slots and let the Old Rod catch them, take the next 3 for the Good Rod, and the last 5 for the Super Rod?

Or it is based on levels, meaning anything I put down as 5-10 can be caught by the Old Rod, anything 10-30 is Good Rod, and anything above that is for the Super Rod?

I ask because I'd like to tweak the variety (and maybe the level ranges) of Pokemon the rods can catch, so that the Old and Good rods catch a few more, leaving the Super Rod to only pull in a few awesome Pokemon.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
When setting which Pokemon will appear from Fishing (with Adv Map), what determines which ones can be caught with which rod?

Does it take the first two slots and let the Old Rod catch them, take the next 3 for the Good Rod, and the last 5 for the Super Rod?

Or it is based on levels, meaning anything I put down as 5-10 can be caught by the Old Rod, anything 10-30 is Good Rod, and anything above that is for the Super Rod?

I ask because I'd like to tweak the variety (and maybe the level ranges) of Pokemon the rods can catch, so that the Old and Good rods catch a few more, leaving the Super Rod to only pull in a few awesome Pokemon.

Yup, the first two Pokemon can be caught with the Old Rod, the next three with the Good Rod and the rest are done with the Super Rod. You can see the specific chance ratios for each slot in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back