• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Keep the dual screen idea, it is a neat feature that I would like to see other games adopt if they could (I would if Rm2k3 could).
I would like to see some more interesting uses out of the bottom "screen" (or half) rather then just menu uses.
Why not make some maps where it extends down to the bottom. Something like a cave map.
Rather then have it boring, come up with something neat for it and that would make it unique.
We had plans to put the region map on the bottom screen, and when you hovered over a town/route with your mouse, all this funky animation would occur showing you info on the town. But we weren't able to do it as Poccil's method of selecting the Point of Interest couldn't be adapted to the mouse's coordinates :/

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Not bad :) I have some suggestions, though.

Firstly, you're using loads of resized battlers; I guess this is to fit them within the 64x64 box. However, I think that instead of doing that, you should resize your resolution to DS resolution rather than GBA resolution. Although it will take a while to adjust everything, it will really make it look better.
Second, you spelled 'hygiene' wrong :P
And finally, the title screen looks great. The only thing I don't like is the 'Touch to Start' text. Pixel fonts never look good when resized; either use the font at a multiple of the intended size, or choose a vector font instead.

I think I'll be staying with the GBA resolutions because right now I really don't have the enthusiasm to start almost all of the graphics again and editing dozen of scripts to make it all work with the new resolutions. I've changed the pixelated "Touch to Start" to something better because I didn't like it either :P and have made the title screen animated (out of sole boredom). OH and I also edited the little "Hygiene" menu :D

As for the second screen, yes we are keeping it and I already have some things for it that other Pokemon Games don't. As Alex said, the map thing was just too complex, but I'm going to make something sweet regarding the map system.

trainergreen22

Breeder and Trainer
Years
the digital world makes the game seem a little bit like digimon but and still a great addition to the game. will battles take place in the digital world and if they do... will porygons gain a boost or something?

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
Please, could you tell me how did you put the second screen? You are doing a great work!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Please, could you tell me how did you put the second screen? You are doing a great work!
The first post specifically says not to ask for any of our scripts. It is for me and Luka to know, and you to find out for yourself.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
hello is anybody there? i am the second spriter! what should i do now

I was never informed of this and no one asked me for aproval.
To anyone that wants to be a part of the team: You have to PM me and provide some sample work if you wish to be a part of this project.

To anyone in the team: You DO NOT have permission to accept anyone in the team without consulting me first and without providing me with some sample work. I will not tollerate people that are in the team inviting their friends over and sharing their copies of the Blue Chrome version. If I catch anyone with a copy of Blue Chrome version that I have not given them, I'll know exactly who has given it to you. If you are a part of the team and are giving out my game, you can forget ever being part of this team again.

gerronix12 you are not a part of the Blue Chrome team untill you provide me with some sample work and untill I decided that you are in.

These are the rules and I am harsh. If you don't like them, find another crew that you can mess about with.

EDIT (00:53 AM on Tuesday 21/7/2009):

Well...as I said some time ago, Pokemon Blue Chrome will be playable in two differents modes. Same game, same features, but a different story. These two versions were supposed to be in one game, but I've decided to change that. I proudly present Pokemon Blue Chrome - Explorers and Pokemon Blue Chrome - Heroes. More details on the story will be updated in the first post soon.
pokemonbluechromeexplor.png
pokemonbluechromeheroes.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
To be honest the 'box arts' are a bit pixelated, and you can still see the white around the pixel art of the pokemon :/

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2014
this is by far one of the coolest homebrew games ive ever seen before. btw, is this game ds compatible?

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2014
aw that sucks. i was so looking forward to this game...oh well, ill still play it XD md are you suppose to use NO$GBA or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back