• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Here is some picture, if helps you:

https :// imgur.com /a/L50K8Zv

I will do the test ( with the original rom ) and I reply you with the results.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Also fail in the Pokemon X original rom.

Petal Dance also is not working properly. I can stop in any moment the move and I will not get confuse.

:c

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Also fail in the Pokemon X original rom.

Petal Dance also is not working properly. I can stop in any moment the move and I will not get confuse.

:c
That's definitely a problem with the X ROM then; it probably has even more issues if two move effects aren't working. I'd suggest getting a different one, your current save should still work with it.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
Hello!

I think that your rom is amazing.

I have a question, I never played X or Y, but I do enjoy the spike in difficulty that this rom would provide. Does it change a lot from the original experience other than the things mentioned in the OP?

Would be good for a first playthrough of the game?

Thanks!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello!

I think that your rom is amazing.

I have a question, I never played X or Y, but I do enjoy the spike in difficulty that this rom would provide. Does it change a lot from the original experience other than the things mentioned in the OP?

Would be good for a first playthrough of the game?

Thanks!
Hey, thanks!

The hack leaves the story and 99% of the dialogue untouched (or all of it in languages that aren't English); the only text changes are two NPCs who hand out new TMS in the hack, so it won't change much apart from the difficulty and the availability of Pokemon and items. The original XY locked most of the mega evolutions to the post game and made a few version exclusive, so the hack will give you much easier access to XY's most important new mechanic.

I think it'd be fine for a first playthrough of the game as long as you don't play one of the insanity versions, as those kinda ruin the "flavor" of the game just to make it harder.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 8, 2019
Hello! Thanks for your quick answer.

I installed the .cia and then the mod, but when I started it it wasn't showing any changes in the title screen, I thought that I installed it wrong, but turns out it was because I started the game in my language, and not english, and it wasnt suposed to change.

I swapped to english to be sure that it was indeed installed, and it was.

Just to be even more sure, the first noticeable change from the original game should be in the Viola fight? I don't really know any more differences since I didn't play the original game.

I also picked the rebalanced legal version, I think it's going to be the most fun while keeping the "first playthrough" vibe.

Thanks again for this awesome hack!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hello! Thanks for your quick answer.

I installed the .cia and then the mod, but when I started it it wasn't showing any changes in the title screen, I thought that I installed it wrong, but turns out it was because I started the game in my language, and not english, and it wasnt suposed to change.

I swapped to english to be sure that it was indeed installed, and it was.

Just to be even more sure, the first noticeable change from the original game should be in the Viola fight? I don't really know any more differences since I didn't play the original game.

I also picked the rebalanced legal version, I think it's going to be the most fun while keeping the "first playthrough" vibe.

Thanks again for this awesome hack!

Hey, you're welcome!

The first guaranteed change you'll see is the Poke ball shop in Aquacorde town (the town where you get your starter). In the hack it sells Cherish Balls instead of regular Poke Balls. You might also get a starter with its hidden ability before that, but that's a 50% chance so not a reliable way to test. Hope you enjoy the hack!

Years
  • Age 70
  • Seen Nov 18, 2019
Hey so I installed the mod but the title screen isn't changed so I assume it didn't worked?
Edit: I'm playing the rebalanced 3ds version with luma 9.1 pluginenabler version

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey so I installed the mod but the title screen isn't changed so I assume it didn't worked?
Edit: I'm playing the rebalanced 3ds version with luma 9.1 pluginenabler version
Hey, are you playing in a language other than English? The title screen is different for every language and the English one is the only one that's edited. You can check that the hack is working by going to the Poke Ball shop in Aquacorde; if it's selling Cherish Balls the hack is working.

Years
  • Age 70
  • Seen Nov 18, 2019
Hey, are you playing in a language other than English? The title screen is different for every language and the English one is the only one that's edited. You can check that the hack is working by going to the Poke Ball shop in Aquacorde; if it's selling Cherish Balls the hack is working.

nope..... tho I can catch panpour and pansear in the forest. but no torchic in sight
edit: I have another mod installed tho it is for pokemon oras

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
While waiting for modders to fix the Fyre Festival that is called Sword & Shield, I am currently doing my 4th run on this romhack, using Froakie as well as a "traded" Fennekin from another saves for PSMD roleplaying and shipping purpose. It's definitely nice to see that even to this point, I can still get a fair amount of fun from the challenges and varieties that the hack has. I'll be posting some more musings from the run, though I guess these musings are going to be pretty incoherent

* With both Braixen and Frogadier performing decently well against Viola, with the former having Incinerate and the latter having Smack Down and rain boost from Surskit, I'm having some wondering about how much Quilladin is going to suck against her. Grass typing sucks yes, but Quilladin does have some bulk behind it to be able to eat a few supereffective physical Bug attack tbh; my guess would be that while he is going to struggle a bit more against Viola compared to the other 2, his bulk and Smack Down should be able to net him a few KOs or something.

* A Ghost type with Frisk somewhere after the 1st gym could be valuable. Turns out the stretch of route 8 before Ambrette turns out to contain quite a lot of valuable stealable items at pretty low chance like Life Orbs, Toxic Orbs, Quick Claws, while all the Frisk-capable ghost types (Duskull, Shuppet) are only found at route 15. Having a way to spot them early on would make the stealing process much less frustrating imo; Toxic Orb in particular cannot be spotted manually at all since Zangoose comes with Immunity and does not get poisoned while carrying one.

* Greninja is missing Mat Block from its levelup move list, which means it's now a Throh-only move; definitely wondering if it's deliberate balancing decision or not, would be fine either way.

* How would you feel about redesigning the level curve to have Diantha at lvl100? I completed diovento's RRSS hack a while ago, and while the romhack itself was a giant dumpster fire (vanilla ability mons/movesets with no competitive items against NPCs with hidden abilities mons with egg moves? no soul dew? incomplete guides? lacking pokemon selection with magikarp still infesting 90% of the routes? lvl50 Groudon/Kyogre while everyone else is lvl90+ already?), the Victory Road + Championship was definitely one pretty cool endgame that featured all lvl100 trainers and lvl95-99 wild mons with zero mercy. Having a lvl100 champion would mean that it would be impossible to muster through them by overleveling; and while I definitely like the idea, I would presume that it would close the gates against those who are having a bit of trouble against the champion and would like to overlevel a bit.

* Since I'm the guy who edited Fennekin in, I definitely like the idea of being able to catch the Kalos starters that you didn't pick much earlier on, like "near the start of the game" early on. Wouldn't complain too much if you don't like it though, especially if it would mess up with game balance.

* Wondering if Light of Ruin can be made usable by something too; I mostly just want to see it in action because AZ's Floette dies too fast for me to see it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
nope..... tho I can catch panpour and pansear in the forest. but no torchic in sight
edit: I have another mod installed tho it is for pokemon oras
The elemental monkeys are there in the vanilla games too, so presumably the mod isn't working at all. Which version of it are you playing (X or Y, legal or rebalanced, etc.)? The ORAS mod won't affect this one, but if it's definitely working then we can rule out any issues with luma being the problem.

While waiting for modders to fix the Fyre Festival that is called Sword & Shield, I am currently doing my 4th run on this romhack, using Froakie as well as a "traded" Fennekin from another saves for PSMD roleplaying and shipping purpose. It's definitely nice to see that even to this point, I can still get a fair amount of fun from the challenges and varieties that the hack has. I'll be posting some more musings from the run, though I guess these musings are going to be pretty incoherent
From what I hear Dio Vento will have something out soonish, and I'll probably have a Sword/Shield hack out next year (depending on if/when the newer switch models get hacked). Awesome to hear you're still getting some use out of this hack!

* With both Braixen and Frogadier performing decently well against Viola, with the former having Incinerate and the latter having Smack Down and rain boost from Surskit, I'm having some wondering about how much Quilladin is going to suck against her. Grass typing sucks yes, but Quilladin does have some bulk behind it to be able to eat a few supereffective physical Bug attack tbh; my guess would be that while he is going to struggle a bit more against Viola compared to the other 2, his bulk and Smack Down should be able to net him a few KOs or something.
Quilladin gets Rollout very early and can easily sweep most of her team with it, especially if another Pokemon handles Surskit and you use an X Speed on it. It also has access to Thunder Punch which helps against some of her Pokemon.

* A Ghost type with Frisk somewhere after the 1st gym could be valuable. Turns out the stretch of route 8 before Ambrette turns out to contain quite a lot of valuable stealable items at pretty low chance like Life Orbs, Toxic Orbs, Quick Claws, while all the Frisk-capable ghost types (Duskull, Shuppet) are only found at route 15. Having a way to spot them early on would make the stealing process much less frustrating imo; Toxic Orb in particular cannot be spotted manually at all since Zangoose comes with Immunity and does not get poisoned while carrying one.
The earliest location with space for them is Reflection Cave. I could make Frisk one of Sentret and Furret's regular abilities as an alternative, unless there's a particular reason you wanted a Ghost type with Frisk?

* Greninja is missing Mat Block from its levelup move list, which means it's now a Throh-only move; definitely wondering if it's deliberate balancing decision or not, would be fine either way.
I think that was a mistake, it's only missing in the legal versions (at least according to the docs). Good catch!

* How would you feel about redesigning the level curve to have Diantha at lvl100? I completed diovento's RRSS hack a while ago, and while the romhack itself was a giant dumpster fire (vanilla ability mons/movesets with no competitive items against NPCs with hidden abilities mons with egg moves? no soul dew? incomplete guides? lacking pokemon selection with magikarp still infesting 90% of the routes? lvl50 Groudon/Kyogre while everyone else is lvl90+ already?), the Victory Road + Championship was definitely one pretty cool endgame that featured all lvl100 trainers and lvl95-99 wild mons with zero mercy. Having a lvl100 champion would mean that it would be impossible to muster through them by overleveling; and while I definitely like the idea, I would presume that it would close the gates against those who are having a bit of trouble against the champion and would like to overlevel a bit.
The main reason Diantha isn't at level 100 is that trainers in XY can't have any EVs, so she could be even more disadvantaged than usual if she and the player were both level 100 (also I wanted a slightly gentler level curve). She's supposed be a few levels higher than the player, but as you say this way there's also the option to grind past her levels if desired.

* Since I'm the guy who edited Fennekin in, I definitely like the idea of being able to catch the Kalos starters that you didn't pick much earlier on, like "near the start of the game" early on. Wouldn't complain too much if you don't like it though, especially if it would mess up with game balance.
They're late in the game so that your starter choice is still significant; early routes are also a bit stretched for wild Pokemon slots so it'd be hard to relocate them.

* Wondering if Light of Ruin can be made usable by something too; I mostly just want to see it in action because AZ's Floette dies too fast for me to see it.
I could do, but the move description explicitly refers to the eternal flower so it doesn't really fit any other Pokemon. Might be able to make AZ's Floette available as a post game gift Pokemon though so you'd be able to play around with it then.
Responses in bold, thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
* From what I hear Dio Vento will have something out soonish, and I'll probably have a Sword/Shield hack out next year (depending on if/when the newer switch models get hacked). Awesome to hear you're still getting some use out of this hack!
Will be looking forward to it then.

* The earliest location with space for them is Reflection Cave. I could make Frisk one of Sentret and Furret's regular abilities as an alternative, unless there's a particular reason you wanted a Ghost type with Frisk?
Ghost type can flee without speed restrictions or worrying about trapping, which I thought was gonna be an issue while looking for something to poke for Life Orbs and Toxic Orbs. Definitely gonna have to admit that I was a bit mistaken about my research for a Frisk mon though.

* I could do, but the move description explicitly refers to the eternal flower so it doesn't really fit any other Pokemon. Might be able to make AZ's Floette available as a post game gift Pokemon though so you'd be able to play around with it then.
Sounds reasonable. I don't really remember anything at all about possible gift mon location, so I would guess that Shauna's trade should be a reasonable place to put that in... if editing the dialog text is possible.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
Hey, I am searching for a ralts on route 4, but I can't find it, i've searched in red and yellow flowers, has its location changed?

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Mar 21, 2020
hey sorry if this was asked before but what am i missing by playing this game without the title updates (besides the saving glitch fix)?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, I am searching for a ralts on route 4, but I can't find it, i've searched in red and yellow flowers, has its location changed?
Hey, it's still there, but it seems the encounter rates for it don't match the documents so it's much rarer than it should be. I'll get a fix up shortly, sorry for the inconvenience!

hey sorry if this was asked before but what am i missing by playing this game without the title updates (besides the saving glitch fix)?
Hey, it's only a few minor things like your lead Pokemon's Poke ball animation playing correctly. The update breaks a lot of the hack's features so I wouldn't recommend using it.

Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Mar 21, 2020
cant you add the update fixes by unpacking the update and adding the fixed files in the luma folder?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 24, 2019
Hello i'm from brazil Sorry for my bad english

i install the pokémon eternal X and i have custom firm and Luma 3ds and homebrew and i dont have any update of pokémon X but when i open the game appears a black screen i wait a long time and what happen is i touch a button and my 3ds restart what i can do (hombrew, luma etc are on the lastest version)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
cant you add the update fixes by unpacking the update and adding the fixed files in the luma folder?
Possibly, I don't think I've tried doing it that way. Definitely worth a try!

Hello i'm from brazil Sorry for my bad english

i install the pokémon eternal X and i have custom firm and Luma 3ds and homebrew and i dont have any update of pokémon X but when i open the game appears a black screen i wait a long time and what happen is i touch a button and my 3ds restart what i can do (hombrew, luma etc are on the lastest version)
Hey, which version of Eternal X are you playing (rebalanced or legal, with or without insanity mode)? Could be an issue with the hack, I can look into it once I know which version isn't working.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 28, 2019
Hi. First of all, nice work. This is great for the community and I think we are all thankfull.
So the thing is, I downloaded the online version of the drive,and tried to follow the "citra instalation" guide, but im stuck at part 3. I downloaded LunaIPS, but when I went to "apply IPS Patch" the online version rom didn't have the file mentioned in the guide. In the WY online version folder there is no "code.ips" file, and in the x version there is a "code.bin" file, the problem with this is that LunarIPS doesnt want to work with a fila that is not IPS.

What can I do?

Back