• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Climate Challenge

HazoHaxorus

Hacker/Gamer/Developer/Soon to be YouTuber
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Welcome, avid trainer!
Welcome to the Climate Challenge. This challenge is based on where you live IRL, using the climate around you to determine which Pokémon you may use and your bonus rule. There are 3 difficulties to this challenge; Standard, Super, and Ultimate. Each difficulty has its own rules which I will list below, just under the base rules.

Base Rules:
1. Any fainted Pokémon must be released or placed in a box JUST for dead Pokémon.
2. You may only catch Pokémon of the types listed on your chosen Climate.
3. You may catch a Pokémon not listed in your typings if it evolves (Or Mega Evolves) into a Pokémon with one of your typings. (Ex: Torchic, Fire type, into Blaziken, Fire/Fighting type.
4. You may not trade with any player unless you are doing a Co-Op/Versus challenge with them or you want to evolve a Pokémon.
5. You must nickname all Pokémon you catch.
6. Have Fun!!!

Standard Specific Rules:
1. All base rules apply.
2. Battle style must be SHIFT.
3. Legendaries are exceptions to ALL rules except rule 1.

Super Specific Rules:
1. All base and Standard rules apply
2. You MUST use the Optional Rule decided by your climate.

Ultimate Specific Rules:
1. All base and Super rules apply.
2. Battle style must be SET.
3. You may not use Legendaries AT ALL.
4. You can only catch one Pokémon per area.
5. Your Climate must be chosen based on your Real Life surroundings.

Optional Clauses:
Shiny Clause: You may use shinies regardless of their type.
Co-Op Clause: You and another person work together, attempting to get the shortest clear time with the least deaths. You must wait for the other person upon completing a gym.
Slave clause: You may have one Pokémon devoted to HMs, if that Pokémon dies, you may keep it in your party but may not use it in battle.
Versus Clause: You and a friend race to complete the game. After both players complete each gym, you may have a battle/Showdown! battle, where the looser must remove one member of their party (and consider it dead) of the winner's choice.
Dupes Clause: If you encounter a Pokémon you already have while in Ultimate, you do not need to catch it.
Static Clause: If you are given a Static encounter/gift pokemon, it may be used regardless of type.

Climate List:
1. Plains, Types: (Grass, Ground, Flying), Optional Rule: Gen 6: If you see a pokemon that can learn Grassy Terrain, you must catch it and use it, disregarding all rules limiting the catching of that pokemon (This rule only applies the first time). Older Gmaes: you must obtain a pokemon that can learn a flying move as soon as you can.

2. Forest, Types: (Grass, Bug, Poison), Optional Rule: At least 2 of your Pokémon must know Cut.

3. Swamp, Types: (Grass, Water, Poison), Optional Rule: At least one pokemon on your team must be able to learn Toxic once you have a chance to obtain one that can.

4.Rainforest, Types: (Water, Grass, Fairy), Optional Rule: All your pokemon must be within 3 levels of each other.

5. Lake, Types: (Water, Ground, Electric), Optional Rule: All of your pokemon must know either surf or dive.

6. Sea, Types: (Water, Rock, Ghost), Optional Rule: You must use 3 pokemon caught by surfing or fishing at all times.

7. Cave, Types: (Rock, Ground, Fighting), Optional Rule: One of your pokemon must be Zubat, Natu, Whismur, Woobat, Noibat or one of their evolutions, ignoring those pokemon's types.

8. Mountainous, Types: (Ground, Flying, Dragon), Optional Rule: You must own one of the annoying birds from the first route of the game.

~More in the works~

Win Conditions:
STANDARD:
GSC: Beat Lance a first time.
RSE: Beat Steven the first time
FRLG: Beat rival (champion) at E4
DPPt.: Beat Cynthia the first time
HGSS: Beat lance the first time
BW: Beat N at the E4
B2W2: Beat iris the first time
XY: Beat Diantha a first time
ORAS: Beat Steven a first time.​

SUPER:
GSC: Defeat Lance twice.
RS: Beat Steven a second time.
E: Beat Steven a second time.
FRLG: Beat Lance.
DP Beat Cynthia a second time.
Pt.: Beat Cynthia a second time.
HGSS: Beat Lance twice.
BW: Beat Alder.
B2W2: Beat Black City/White Tower last boss.
XY: Beat Kiloude city Rival Battle
ORAS: Beat Zinnia.​

Ultimate:
GSC: Defeat Red.
RS: N/A
E: Beat Steven a second time and beat the Frontier Brains.
FRLG: Beat the Sevi Isles quest line.
DP: N/A
Pt.: Beat Cynthia a second time and beat the Frontier Brains.
HGSS: Beat Red.
BW: N/A
B2W2: Beat BOTH Black City/White Tower last bosses by using AR codes to get both keys.
XY: Beat Battle Maison bosses.
ORAS: Beat Battle Maison bosses.

Application:
Username:
Game:
Climate:
Difficulty:
Optional Clauses:

Mine:
Username: HazoHaxorus
Game: Y
Climate: Mountain
Difficulty: Ultimate
Optional Clauses: Shiny, Dupes, and Static.​

Participants:​
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Looks interesting. Sign me up!

Username: Frostblade
Game: Pokemon Fire Red with a few parches that may enchance gameplay.
Difficulty: Standard
Optional Clauses: Shiny Clause, Static Clause and Slave Clause

On the side note: This seems to be more like a terrain challenge rather than a climate challenge

Last edited:

HazoHaxorus

Hacker/Gamer/Developer/Soon to be YouTuber
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Looks interesting. Sign me up!

Username: Frostblade
Game: Pokemon Fire Red with a few parches that may enchance gameplay.
Difficulty: Standard
Optional Clauses: Shiny Clause, Static Clause and Slave Clause

On the side note: This seems to be more like a terrain challenge rather than a climate challenge
Added you to the Challenge roster.

CHALLENGE UPDATE:
Started my game and named myself Hazo.
Nicknamed myself Lord Hazo.
Chose Froakie as my starter and named it BOXED!.
Received the pokedex.
Easily swept Shauna's team with my superior starter.
Went to route 1 and caught Pidgey, Nicknamed it Bird Jesus.
Released BOXED! in order to keep from breaking the rules.
Saved for the day.

Back