• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metronome Challenge

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
I haven't actually even seen this on here before but I'm sorry if it was. But I thought this'd be a fun thing to try out, and would make for a good challenging game.

Welcome to the Metronome Challenge!

Step into the unknown with the well-known and often annoying move; Metronome. It's simple, just a 'Metronome only' game through Pokemon.

Rules:

1. Every Pokemon you have must only use Metronome.
-This means Pokemon with Metronome in their moveset, glitches, Sketch, cheating, the Universal Pokemon Randomizer 'Metronome only' selection, hacking, or any other means.
-Cheating/hacking/using PP Ups on the move is ok.

2. Casual or Nuzlocke versions of each game is a-go.
-For Nuzlockes, all the orginal rules apply along with any added rules you'd like.
-Original Nuzlocke rules: 1) Only first Pokemon in each Route is catchable. 2) If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and boxed/released. 3) Nickname them all.
-Optional rules and clauses for Nuzlockes should be stated in your sign-up.
-Optional limitations or rules for Casual, eg no items/no pcs/etc may apply and be stated in sign-ups too.
-Any Nuzlocke form can be played if the rules here can apply.

3. You can choose to either have only your Pokemon have Metronome(cheating) or all Pokemon have Metronome(Randomizer).
-The Randomizer lets you have the choice of not randomizing the game but keeping all moves Metronome I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, sorry.

4: The end of the game is the Pokemon League of said game.
-For Johto, you can decide to stop at the first League or at Red.
-For Unova, you can decide to stop at N or challenge the League again.
-For other games that may apply, such as a hacked PMD or Colosseum/XD, go til the official end of the game.
-For hacks, use your best judgement. Many hacks include the ending to be not part of the League(Life of Guardians for example). Just make sure the League/end is really the end.
-For any game, you may include Post-Game in your Challenge.

Sign-up Registry:

Username:
Game:
Version: (Casual or -locke)
Single or Ultimate:
Extra Rules:

Challengers

Ultimates can be Gen 1-5 or Gen 1-6, please be specific when you say. Hacks allowed.

Spoiler: Casual Single
n/a

Spoiler: Casual Ultimate
DyingWillFlareon

Spoiler: Locke Single
n/a

Spoiler: Locke Ultimate
n/a

Champions​

Spoiler: Singles
n/a

Spoiler: Ultimates
n/a

Username: DyingWillFlareon
Single or Ultimate: Ultimate (Gen 1-5)
Game: Randomized Red, Silver, Sapphire, Platinum, Black, Black 2
Version: Casual
Extra rules: none

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
Randomized Red:
Out of the possible starters of NidoranM, Caterpie, and Weedle, I went with Boo the NidoranM(which I seem to constantly see in randomizers as a starter option actually) and continued on. Beat rival Felix and after a couple of failed battles outside we beat him again. Went north and caught Mih the Dratini. The Forest was somewhat hard on us but we made it through to Pewter where we trained some more before going to the gym. At Brock, we beat him first try and both leveled up, Boo evolving into Nidorino.

Boo the Nidorino Level 16
Mih the Dratini Level 14

Back