• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] [IC] Darker than it Seems: A Brighter Future

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

Garett Temero

Garett ran through a dark forest, being chased by a large group of men in black. He heard pokemon being released behind him then ducked as flames shot over his head. Garett fell to the ground as he tripped on a root. He rolled to his back and flinched as canine figure bit down on his arm. Garett pulled his arm free and pushed the canine back, then stood up and looked around and the people surrounding him. Before Garett could react, one of the men slammed a rock on the back of his head. Garett fell to the ground and looked up as the man stared down at him. "You're a half-pokemon freak." The man said as he held up a pokeball, "It's time to go where you belong." Garett watched as the pokeball sent a beam of light toward him and captured him.

Garett sat up as the lights in the lab suddenly turned on. When did I fall asleep? He thought as he rubbed his eyes. That was a weird dream… Garett realized everything in the lab was making noise and he jumped up when he saw movement in the corner of his eye. Balling his fists, Garett glared at the robot as it moved into the room.

"…it appears as though you guys and gals need a lesson on how to begin your journey! I myself know all there is to know about journeys! ...First, let's give you all a retina scan to make sure I've got the right group. Just walk up in front of me and I'll take care of the rest!" the robot said.

"I don't need any lessons. Traveling is a fairly simply concept." Garett responded. He looked down and noticed Meric was missing. He spun around and looked around the room, a slight panicked look on his face, then sighed when he realized the bird pokemon had returned itself to it's pokeball.

"And after yesterday I'm sure as hell not trusting you with scanning my eye. You'll just have to take my word when I tell you I'm the right guy." Garett said as he walked to the pile of food Chespin had knocked to the floor and grabbed a handful of crackers. Garett looked around the room at the sleeping trainers as he ate. I really want to go ahead and leave. Get as far away from here as possible. But considering how things are going, the best thing for me to do is travel with others for now. Garett grabbed a potion and sprayed it on his arm. I also get the feeling she's not going to make it far on her own. He thought as he looked at Myra. Garett looked down at the dirt on his arms and left the room to find somewhere he could cleanup.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years
[/FONT]

CK9hVjM.png
♡Myra Rose♡​

Myra was very annoyed when Garrett wouldn't make her tea but she managed to fall asleep regardless. She had a sweet dream though. Myra was in a lovely pink princess dress and diamond tiara. There were roses all around her and a very handsome prince. She didn't really remember much else of the dream but it was still very good.

Myra slowly awoke from her slumber as the sunshine hit her face. She tossed and turned a little and then yawned sitting up. Everyone else was still asleep so Myra decided she would go down to the river and take a quick bath.

So Myra got out of bed and tip toed outside of the lab and then started to walk to the river. It wasn't too long until she was there. Myra stripped of her nightgown and jewelry and got into the river. She enjoyed the sudden chill of the water and then dipped her head under the water. Myra flipped her hair up and smiled giggling a little. Myra got out of the river sat in the sun for a moment as she dried off. Once she was pretty dry, she slid her nightgown back on and skipped happily towards the house.

Myra slipped back into the lab and went to her bag and took out her other outfit. She took the clothes to the bathroom. She put on her undergarments and then put on her pink high neck cropped sweater with her light blue denim jeans and her black boots with matching floral print. Myra left he bathroom and slid her old clothes into her bag and deflated her mattress and put it back into her bag.

She sighed and sat there with a smile before everything was beeping and buzzing and lights were coming on and everything was weird. It scared the living daylights out of her.

"Hello! Welcome to Professor Sage's Pokemon Lab! My name is Guidebot, and I'll be your tour guide today! It appears as though I was deactivated. Upon further inspection, I was reactivated with the message: 'Help the birds leave the nest.' Which I was programmed to interpret as helping a group of students start their journey. So, it appears as though you guys and gals need a lesson on how to begin your journey! I myself know all there is to know about journeys! And that's not because I'm able to access the internet via satellite and process all scholarly journals about the subject in question. First, let's give you all a retina scan to make sure I've got the right group. Just walk up in front of me and I'll take care of the rest!"

Myra walked right up to the machine and smiled as it scanned her face.

"Why is everyone so scared of this thing? Am I the only one proud of myself?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Y9qPysb.jpg

Name: Alex Hunt

Tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...

That is all Alex heard.

He slowly opened his eyes and there was nothing, but darkness.

He stood up in the dark and looked around. Unable to locate the source of the tapping.

"Is anyone there?" He asked the darkness.

Tap...tap...tap...tap...tap.. Is all that answered.

At this point, it just sounding like someone walking in the darkness. But who? He finally took a step and as he did, a path of foot prints lit up. He looked down and his foot had stepped in one of the lit up foot prints almost perfectly. He looked around and took another step, matching the next foot print. He then started to walk in every foot print.

The darkness started to change to a urban street. He saw people picking on an Eevee. He then followed the foot steps into an old apartment. As he stepped into the apartment, the scenery changed to one of a train. He could hear others talking around him, but he didn't know the voices. Once the train stopped, he arrived into another Urban area to a mansion that had been destroyed by a massive battle. The mansion turned to a house and the the forest, surronded by trees. He saw show figures all around him and watched as a shadow figure disappeared into another figure. The changing scenery ended back in Vanville Town and the lead him to the lab. Darkness ate the image away and the foot steps disappeared.

"What is going on?" He asked.

Tap...tap...tap...tap...

The sound continued, but this time toward him and as he faced the man dressed in robes like Ho-oH, these words entered his head.

"No matter what happens... do not fall to the darkness as I did. It is not easy to overcome. Your destiny in this journey will bring a lot of painful memories, but joyful memories will fill the pain of some. No matter what happens.... do not fall to the darkness as I did. It is not easy to overcome..." The voice said.

"Wait... who are you?" Alex asked.

"My name is what I am. Enjoy your journey when you can. Don't let evil control what you do. It will only lead to darkness. Don't live in the darkness, as you will become what you are not."

The tapping sound continued, but it drifted into the darkness, and once it could no longer be heard, the darkness vanished and his eyes opened.

He watched Myra leave the lab and watched Garrett leave the room. After a little time, Myra had returned from what Alex figured had to be a bath in the river, but he was not sure. She seemed to be damp, but he didn't pay too much attention. He really didn't want to get up. He wanted to sleep more. But he was excited to finally start his journey. And he would enjoy it, even with the evil people after him. He knew he had to repay Ayla and he planned to do that in full and more if he could. Yesterday was in the past. It was time to look toward the future.

He stood as the lights came on and all the other machines in the lab. A robot appeared and said something to the group. He watched as Myra let the robot scan her.

"No you aren't the only one. I am pretty amazing myself." He smirked a little. He almost messed with her hair, but decided not to. "Good morning by the way Myra. Even in the morning you are pretty. Haha." He messed with her a little, just not her hair.

He looked around the room, not seeing Ryan.

"Hmm I wonder if Ryan is upstairs still. I will go check. And little robot, you can scan me later. Even though you shouldn't need proof. We probably need to actually start our journey. Try to enjoy it while we aren't being attacked." Alex said, walking upstairs.

He walked up the stairs and a little Chespin was sitting on the steps asleep. Along with Porygon. Alex reached down and pet the two pokemon.

"It is morning you two. Probably should get up. It is too bad you don't have a trainer. But I am sure you will one day." Alex said, continuing up the stairs. He came to the roof door and it was shut.

"The wind must have locked Ryan out last night. Doesn't seem like those people who attacked returned either." He said as he opened the door.

He spotted Ryan sleeping, he walked over to him and looked down. "Yo Ryan. It is morning, time to get up. Some robot down stairs needs to scan us before we go I think." Alex said.

Alex looked up at the sky, it was still somewhat dark. The sun had not yet risen completely, but it was starting to. He could smell Coffee being brewed in the cafes below.

"Meet you down stairs." He told Ryan, as Alex returned to the ground floor.

Last edited:
Years

Ryan Anders

Ryan had fallen asleep some time during the night, and layed sprawled against the wall by the door. Eddie lay snuggled up against him, and this was the scene that greeted Alex as he came up to the roof. Ryan stirred in his sleep as the door opened. "Zzzz... don't call me Rye Bread..." he muttered, mostly asleep still.
"Yo Ryan. It is morning, time to get up. Some robot down stairs needs to scan us before we go, I think." Alex said.

"Yeah... robot... sure..." Ryan slowly sat up, draping the sleeping Froakie over his shoulder. It was still dark, but the cool air was helping him wake up.

"Meet you down stairs." Alex said, returning to the stairs.

"Yeah, okay... Totally totally totally... totally not awake yet..." He staggered to his feet, stumbled down the stairs, and went to the bathroom to splash water on his face. Eddie sat beside him, yawning. Ryan swished water around in his mouth, gargling it and spitting out a small stream of bubbles.

It was then he realized that he hadn't put any water in his mouth. It had just sort of appeared. "Did I just... what the... buh?!" Eddie looked at him in confusion, wondering what all the fuss was about.

"Eddie... I think I just figured out my Hybrid type. Could you... could you teach me how to spit bubbles?" Eddie tilited his head in thought, then nodded. "Thanks. I think this is the strangest request I've ever made." Eddie croaked in agreement.

He returned to the kitchen, where the smell of coffee was coming from. He ignored it, putting a pot of water on the stove for tea. He then added several spoons of sugar and a dash of lemon juice to his tea, finally starting to wake up with the hot, sweet liquid in his stomach.

"Okay. Time to see a man about a robot, or something... This journey just keeps getting weirder!" He went to join the others, seeing that Alex and Myra, at least, had already been scanned. "Oh, so it's a robot doing the scanning. Guess I'm next."

ElBurrito

Years

Garett Temero

Garett gave a nod to Ryan and his Froakie as he passed them in the hall and made his way to the bathroom. Garett closed the door and walked to the sink, turning on the hot water then staring at his reflection in the mirror.

"Surprised there's no bruise. That guy hit hard." Garett muttered as he rubbed his jaw. He splashed water on his face then looked at his hands. I wonder how Carol would handle this news. I know Glenn would freak out but I'm not quite sure if she hates hybrids too. Garett turned the water off and dried his face. Although I guess I'm not much to worry about.I might be a freak but I can't even control my power. He slammed his handsonto the counter and poison pins shot out. Some of the pins shattered the mirror,some hit knobs on the sink causing them to break and spew water everywhere,while other pins bounced around the room.

Garett awkwardly backed out of the room and closed the door before speed-walking down the hall. Meric came out of his pokeball and took his place on Garett's shoulder. "You didn't see or hear anything." Garett whispered to Meric as the bird pokemon stretched its wings. "Ready to go?"
Garett said as the two returned to the main room.

shatteredxfrost

i'm writing my own damn story
Years
Emery & Versai
A relief washes over her after her words are spoken. She wishes with every fiber of her being that she could have a handle on the situation that has presented itself to them, when the fact of the matter is she simply can't. She can act it—she could do her best to stay calm in hopes it keeps the others calm, yet it's so very comforting to know she and Emery can start establishing an honest communication.

"That seems fair." They have no idea what's to come. There might come a time when the best thing this small group can do is to split apart, throw their trackers off, or travel to different locations in search of answers. Emery's half-smile makes it easy for Versai to do the same, despite being asked to attack the girl in question. What little she was able to do would hardly hurt, even if she managed to do it right…and any tiny amount of pain they sustain between one another now will be well worth it in the long run. "Alright, and you try that fire punch from earlier."

Emery rolls her shoulders, loosening up the tense muscles that had set in while she had sat on the stairs, contemplating whether she should leave or honor the deal. She briefly wonders what Uncle Dev would make of this new discovery - that his niece was some genetic mutant....

Remembering her training, Emery crouches to get a better balance, arms crossed in front of her defensively - the smile comes easily. "Ready when you are."

The way Emery settles her body into a more relaxed position-- one that more easily welcomes movement: It's easy to see she is no stranger to combat. It makes her feel somehow better to know that she won't be throwing attacks (even likely harmless ones) at someone who can't guard herself if these powers manage to grow out of their control.

Her legs easily slide into a crouched, balanced position, and she holds one arm outward. Instead of focusing on erupting shadows through her entire body, she feels it might be easier to collect everything into her finger tips and attempt a Shadow Claw. She closes her eyes, feeling that cool, dark power bubble up inside her, focuses on pouring it through her arm and collecting into her fingertips-- and then she swipes.

It felt strongly like Versai had taken a machete and sliced at her with it - Emery had moved fast, just enough that the attack didn't leave her with any marks or another scar to add to her ever-growing collection. It was weak, but real - this wasn't a joke, and she was still having a hard time wrapping her brain around the truth.

A dark wispy aura followed Versai's movement - it bent to her will almost eagerly. It was hard to suppress her grin now, now that this was without a doubt real and not some trick or manipulation or even something Emery's delirious mind conjured up... she had almost burned Alex and this was real.

One - albeit, weak - attack from Versai was enough to convince Emery that maybe it's alright that they're being hunted... maybe she actually has a shot at surviving in Lumiose City on her own now.

"That was..." Emery struggles to find the right word, which was odd for her since she prides herself on her quick wit. "Amazing!"

This felt wrong-- swiping at someone with her fingers extended instead of closed into a fist. When she was taking classes to learn martial arts, she was told that no human should lash out with their nails; they simply aren't strong enough to do much damage. Landing this strike proved two things: One, this was very real. It wasn't a trick of the moonlight or the work of her exhausted mind that made that aura appear before, she really could summon this power from inside her. Two; she is not human. Not completely, anyway. Her brittle human nails could become dangerous, dark claws.

So why, after coming even more to terms with the terrible truth that's befallen them, is she smiling? Why is it so easy to smile now?

Because of Emery's words. Because of the look in Emery's eyes: Eyes that seemed to find hope in their powers becoming undeniable. Yes, they are being hunted, but they can, and will, be able to unlock the power to protect themselves. Yes, that's why it's so easy to smile right now: Hope, a hope they have found in one another.

"It...felt amazing." Strange, but amazing. Versai shifts her stance to a defensive one-- ready to block her streetwise companion. "Ready when you are."

Emery stretches her arms out behind her head and finishes her quick warm up by rolling her head gently from side to side. If there was one thing she had learned from Kai, it was the importance of quick reflexes - having tense muscles could be life or death in a fight. Even if this was just a spar, and she wasn't aiming to genuinely harm Versai, she just felt more on her game by stretching.

She searches for the best place to aim at her companion without causing serious harm. Arms were her best choice, as it was easier for Versai to block - not that she was incompetent. The way she subdued one of those grunts from earlier was still fresh in her memory....

"You sure?" Emery is almost buzzing with her excitement and tries to find that disciplined part within her to focus. It's there... it was hard to coax out of her flippant nature but Kai found the way, as he always did.

She remembers the burning anger she felt with Alex, how the fire within made her blood boil, how his Dratini locked Eevee in an inescapable jet of water only to slam her down, how she ran forward to stop, how he gloated about his win - Emery breathes harshly and jabs forward.

It isn't much, but it's truly beautiful to see the flecks of ember burst from Emery's person. The small flames shoot forward with such determination, and though Versai sidesteps before they singe her arms—she did not account for her swaying hair. There is a short lived sizzling sound as one of the embers grazes a lock of long hair. The scent of burning hair is quickly blown away by the wind, but the nine-or-so frayed, dead ends remain, easily proving that these powers of theirs are very real, and have a very real effect on them and the world around them.

Versai smoothes out the frayed pieces before tossing the strand of hair over her shoulder, the smile on her face all the more contented by the sight that just played out before her. "Have I mentioned how glad I am that you're on my side?" She asks. Emery is going to get stronger, she can see the drive to grow in those passionate eyes. The idea of being on the other end of those flames with all the more power and fury behind them—that's a frightening thought.

"Fen!" Comes a quiet cry from the bush where Fennekin had been napping. Her little head is now peering out from the leaves, which rustle with the delicate sway of the fire fox's tail.

"It seems this one thinks you did a splendid job, too."

Emery's eyes twitch at the sight of Versai's singed hair, a small flicker of regret beneath the exhilaration of her success. I did that... Confused by her mixed emotions, she turns her attention to the Fennekin. It's small frame and delicate features were so similar to her Eevee that Emery wonders just what else she and Versai have in common.

At the reminder of her Eevee, whom was sent promptly to her Pokeball after the battle to get some well deserved rest, Emery's hand rests on the ball at her hips. She sends the small fox out, immediately bending to scoop the bundle into her arms. Eevee's eyes blink open; her tongue darts out to wet her nose.

"How're you feeling, buddy?" Emery runs a finger between the Pokemon's ears and sets her down. Eevee sniffs around Versai's feets, makes a pleased mewl and darts over to the Fennekin like the earlier fight was just a distant memory.

Have I mentioned how glad I am that you're on my side?

Not many people were on Emery's side - mostly her fault, with how big her expectations are - but Versai just managed to... something. She did something. Her eyes drift to the ends of Versai's hair and reaches out, touching the frayed strands with her fingertips. They were still warm from the attack - it felt as real as if she had burned Versai's skin and scarred her.

"I'm glad too," Emery retracts her hand, shoving both into her back pockets. She offers Versai her trademark smirk. "They'll never see us coming."

Fennekin is a fire type, just like Emery. It would make sense that the little fox would be able to sense when their red-headed companion was doing the right thing to bring forth her powers. If only they could communicate with their partner Pokémon, beyond small cries and nods of approval; still, Fennekin's ability to tell when Emery is bringing forth her powers correctly is all the more reason for the…meta-humans? Mutants? Hybrids? Whatever they are, to stay together.

Eevee is called out, and Versai's heart is warmed by the way Emery nestles the little fox in her arms. It's really lovely to see the way Emery's shields lower when she looks at the tiny fox. She can't look at this girl and see the heartless, ice cold thief that Alex insisted she was. First impressions, especially in a situation as dark as their own, can be so misleading.

"Hello~" The dark type greets when the fluffy fox sniffs her foot. She's such a cute little creature, happy too, it seems. Her previous defeat by the pseudo-legendary has not damaged her spirits in the least. Fennekin squeaks a happy greeting to her fellow fox and rustles her tail against the branches as she taps her nose against Eevee's nose.

How cute. Versai's gaze only leaves the two little foxes when Emery steps closer to her, gently taking the burned strand of her hair and examining it. Those little frayed pieces are proof that they're not crazy, this isn't some delusion or a trick of the light amplified by the power of suggestion. Even if no one believes it, they can believe it for themselves.

To Emery's trademark smirk, Versai gives her own trademark easy-smile. "What do you say? Another time or two each, and then try to get some sleep?"

"Another round," Emery insists, eager.
Training had not gotten her very far, but at least she had a better grasp on how to use the move and an idea how to execute it better to her advantage. After continuously attacking with a clenched fist with nothing more than weak and inconsistent flames, she thought to open her palms - which was just weird. Emery was used to striking with an angled punch, not a straight open-hand. Although it felt odd; there was undeniably an improvement.

Whistling to her Eevee that had settled into lazy position by the Fennekin to watch the sparring match, Emery glances over her shoulder at Versai. "That definitely improved the night, huh?"

"By far." She never would have guessed a day would come that was so awful, so frightening and confusing, that trying to cut apart a friend would be the highlight of it. Of course, she never would have guessed anything that happened throughout the day would ever happen to her. Life will be very different now, a lot of awful, frightening and confusing days might be on the horizon, yet...as long as Emery is with them, they will always have a very literal flame to guide them in the darkness.

Versai breathes in slowly and her shoulders ease down into a more relaxed position. It seems her body is finally beginning to feel the weight this overly long day had put on her. With hesitation, she glances to the lab. She sighs once more, this time more in uncertainty than relaxation, and her arms slowly come to rest on her hips. "We...should be able to find some place quiet enough to sleep, at least for a few hours." That didn't sound very convincing. Maybe if she puts a more positive spin on it. "Tomorrow morning we're leaving this place, and we never have to come back."

Never returning to this Lab - this town even - was just what Emery needed to hear. She starts walking backwards, keeping her gaze on Versai as she does. "Music to my ears." She grabs onto the door handle and pushes against it, whistling once more to her Eevee.

Eevee bounds over to her trainer and in quick movements; darts up Emery's side to settle on her shoulder. Her little claws locked on - sturdy enough to stay in place, but not uncomfortable either.

Giving Versai one last smile, Emery enters the Lab in a much better mood than the last time she had come trudging inside. Most of the others seemed to either already be sleeping or had found someplace quiet to settle down. No need to make small talk, then. Emery settles down by the stairs and stretches her legs out.

As her fellow fox left their resting place, Fennekin followed suit, happily trotting behind Eevee as she catches up to their trainers. She comes to a stop and crouches down, as if she's going to mimic Eevee's motions and leap onto her trainer's shoulder—only to gaze up at Versai and freeze. Her tail fits the floor as her eyes pleadingly look up to the dark-type woman. Her trainer is very tall, and her legs aren't exactly strong. The fire fox releases a quiet, disappointed cry.

"I believe in you." Versai smiles, though she still bends down to scoop her Pokémon into her arms. "But it has been a long day."

Versai follows closely behind her fiery companion, quickly (and gratefully) noticing that everything was as quiet as it was when she snuck outside. Seems the others found a way to calm their nerves enough to get some decent sleep, which will benefit them tomorrow…when they start running for their lives. Versai steps into the main room, where her bag had been left after tending to Ryan's burn. She picks up said bag and returns to the door (if any of the professor's associates or aides come to the door, she wants to be able to intercept them upon arrival, and send them away). Opening her bag, she takes out what appears to be a rolled up towel. She lays the material on the floor and rolls it out, revealing a very thin Japanese style futon mattress.

"What do you think?" She asks Fennekin, who quickly leaps from her shoulder to inspect the bendable bed.

"More comfortable than it looks, right?" Versai asks, to which her Fennekin replies with a happy yip.

Eevee comes down from her shoulder and settles by her feet, the laces on her boots provided the Eevee with something to swat at until her eyelids became too heavy. Her head lowers onto Emery's shins. Emery watches her fondly, a small smile gracing her lips.

"Night 'Vee," Emery yawns and rests into the wall behind her.

Versai removes a blanket from her bag, only to study the item instead of laying it out. She wears enough layers to be warm throughout the night, and chooses instead to make her way to Emery's staircase.

"Just in case there's a draft through here." She comments upon reaching the fire type, placing the folded blanket by Emery's side, so she can use it or not, as she chooses. Versai flashes a small, contented smile as she steps back, giving her new friend a respectful bow before returning to her little cot.

"Sweet dreams, little one." She whispers to Fennekin as she lays out on the futon. Dreams...they might be the only escape this world will offer them for some time to come.

The training turned out to be a brilliant idea, as Versai found herself fading to sleep quickly; despite the hundreds of questions still swirling in her mind, the physical exhaustion overtook her, and rest came easily.

That next morning came too quickly; sunlight shimmered from the windows and sprinkled around the dark type's hair and eyes, making any more sleep impossible. Her eyes open reluctantly, and quickly flitter around the lab. Still destroyed...still...here.

"I suppose finding it was all a dream would be too easy, hmm?" She asks, delicately rubbing the ears of the half-asleep Fennekin.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Versai PenumbraIt Begins

tumblr_nrmqm6AHdP1unmg1mo1_500.gif

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
A minute of silent contemplation passes before Versai rises from her small cot. She delicately places Fennekin on the floor and rolls her futon back into her back. It's time to greet the day…whatever that day brings.

She collects her tiny fox in one arm and gathers her bag in the other before making her way to the restroom. With no shower in view, she decides to wash her skin off as best she can with a few damp paper towels, and the toiletries from her own bag. After exchanging yesterday's dirty clothes for clean ones, and tying her hair in a braid (rather than taking the time to fix it), she makes her way back to the lab's main room—only to come face to face with a robot.

"I see. Perhaps you can fill us in, then." She doubted this little machine was simply going to tell them about gym leaders and catching Pokemon, no, that was likely an act, in case the bot was activated in front of the wrong group. After scanning…it might give them the answers they wanted from the professor. "Scan away, friend-bot."

Years

Lying on the brink of death, Brian realized that he was probably going to die. But he wasn't scared. He was curious. What lies ahead?

He soon got his answer. After taking in his last breath, his body burst into flames as his soul burned its way out of his body. It was painful at first, but then it felt like he was flying. And in essence, he was. His soul was a floating orb of fire, which quickly dissipated as he traveled beyond the realm of the living, into the heart of what lies beyond life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Brian died, the device that monitored his heartbeat let out a signal to the robot. It activated a program titled Electronic Motorized Youth or Emy for short. The giant box let out a noise that sounded like metal grinding on metal mixed with Styrofoam crinkling and nails on a chalkboard. In short, it made everyone's ears hurt.

Once the process was finished, which took nearly a minute, the sides of the box fell open to reveal a fully functional automaton of a teenage girl.

"Hello! My name is Electronic Motorized Youth, but you can call me Emy!"

She smiled, and then let out a giggle.

"I'm going to go get my starter pokemon, and then I will converse with you to 'get to know you!'"

She walked over to the computer, popped a pokeball out of her hand, and placed it on a pedestal. It then downloaded the Porygon off of the computer, and she was ready to start her own journey. Brian wasn't finished with her programming, so she didn't understand everything about human emotion, but he wanted to make sure his greatest creation would be shown to everyone if he died, even if she wasn't finished yet.

"Greetings friends! How have you been? Or according to my database of vernacular, the teenagers today are saying: 'What's up?'"

Years

Ryan Anders

After going through the scanning process, Ryan figured they could finally get this show on the road. He didn't expect the shrill, mind-numbing screech of the large device. It was painful, like having a drill shoved in his ears, and annoying, like gears grinding in his brain. Even Eddie seemed upset, and he didn't even have ears. Thankfully, it didn't last long.

"What was that? Are we under attack again? I think someone just tried to melt our brains..." He picked up his Froakie, who croaked in surprise as the device opened to reveal a girl. "Hello! My name is Electronic Motorized Youth, but you can call me Emy!" She giggled, going over and picking up a Pokeball.

"Huh." Ryan was shocked, at first believing Brian had been keeping a girl in a box, but her name and mannerisms seemed to imply she was actually an autonomous robot. "And here I thought our adventure couldn't get any more bizarre..."

Emy returned, all smiles, and introduced herself with an overly formal "What's up?" Ryan shrugged, taking it in stride, and offered her a friendly smile and wave.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Emy. My name's Ryan. I presume that Professor Sage is your... father? And welcome to our little club. You're a Steel-type right?" He was joking, but it wasn't impossible. If he was going to accept that he was a Water-type human, he could accept that she was a robot.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Y9qPysb.jpg

Alex was looking at his map while everyone was waking up and changing. He wanted to change how he acted a bit from the previous day. He had learned a few things from the night before. He would still joke around and what not and talk. But instead of kissing someone to get them to stay silent, he would fight along side them.

He wasn't sure why he acted the way he did. There was no excuse for it either. It was just a split second choice. And it was a wrong choice. Why couldn't he just fight them? Was he afraid to actually fight? He never liked fighting in all honesty, but yesterday, he was forced to. Did that for some reason scar him? Was he doing it out of kindness for the others? Was he even thinking about the others? A lot of questions bothered him now.

I can't force someone to stay if they don't want to. If they want to leave, then I should just let them go after trying to convince them. I don't know if my actions were out of worries for the others or just myself. If I want to help people... I need to do it a better way.

Suddenly a loud screeched occurred and caused him to close his ears. The pokeballs started to move at his side. It seemed like both of his pokemon, the Polar Vivillon and Dratini could hear it as well. After a moment, it went away. He turned around and watched as a robot girl got out of the box and started to speak.

Alex blinked and then started to laugh a little, "Well... I guess I don't know as much about the hybrids as I thought. Never would have thought Brian would have been able to make something like this." He announced.

ElBurrito

Years

Garett Temero

Garett stood and looked at the other trainers and their pokemon. He noted Myra's new outfit, Versai's mat, and everyone else's stuff. He then looked down at his own dust-covered gray t-shirt and black camo pants then shrugged. It's better to travel light anyway. He thought to himself as he began walking to the door.

"I'll be outside when you guys are ready." Garett reached for the handle but stopped as a bright light flashed. Garett quickly turned around and stared open mouthed as Brian's body burst into flames and a ball of fire rose into the air and dissipated. Garett glanced at the bird resting on his shoulder who had a similar look on its face. Garett began to speak but lowered his head and raised his hands to cover his ears as a shrill sound burst through the room. Meric folded his wings over his head and leaned into Garett to protect itself from the noise.

Once the noise ended, the two looked up to see a humanoid robot, or Emy as she called herself, standing in the center of the room. Garett watched as Emy walked to a computer, drop out a pokeball out of her hand, then download a pokemon to it. She then turned to the trainers and spoke. "Greetings friends!" How have you been? Or according to my database of vernacular, the teenagers today are saying: 'What's up?'"

"Nope. Not doing this." Garett said as he turned around and left the lab. Garett walked to the fountain in the center of town and sat down in its edge. "Am I seriously the only person who doesn't trust this Brian guy?" He said to his pokemon as the Rufflet hopped onto the fountain and stared at the water. "The guy brings us to his lab where people try to kill us and nobody has any problem with his robots wanting to "identify" us or be their friends?". Garett rolled his eyes then look at his right hand.

Garett ran his left pointer finger over the palm of his right hand and felt the muscles. Maybe if I focus on the specific muscles I can control my ability? Garett held his hand up and stared at it as he strained the muscles. He closed his eyes as he pictured poison pins pushing their way past finger bones and out of his hands. Garett felt something shoot from his hand then looked up just in time to see small glowing purple rods fly into the wall of a nearby building. He shot two more poison sting attacks. One attack went straight into the ground at his feet and the other shot into the backpack of a man walking by.

Garett turned and began playing with the water in the fountain as the man turned to look at him. Okay, so I know how to use my power... now I just need to work on my aim.

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

Years

Being woken by a talking fridge wasn't exactly the thrilling start Emery craved for her adventure. She had half a mind to smash her fist through the screen for disturbing her sleep - but she's immediately curious about 'Guidebot'. When it's her turn to be scanned, she taps the screen inquisitively.

"Wicked..."

Her opinion turns when it screeches all of a sudden. She jerks her hand away to cover her ears, frowning at the robot. In it's place, a teenage girl stands and introduces herself as 'Emy'. As far as first impressions go, Emery wasn't thrilled.

"Greetings friends! How have you been? Or according to my database of vernacular, the teenagers today are saying: 'What's up?'"

"Friends? That'll cost you." Emery busies herself with going through her backpack, confirming that she had everything she needed. Flask, gloves, mask, hoodie, pick-locking kit - all set.

Not interested in wasting any more time in the Lab, Emery whistles for her Eevee and they both follow Garett out of the building. She leans on the brick wall, much like she had the day she arrived.

"Can't wait to get out of here." She mutters to her Eevee. It purrs back at her in agreement.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Y9qPysb.jpg

He watched as both Garret and Emery walked out of the lab.

"Hello... uh.... Emy. Uh.... nice to meet you. Hopefully I don't get the names mixed up. Emy and Emery are fairly close." He said, not sure how to react to the robot exactly.

Alex didn't see what had happen to Brian, but the body was gone. Alex was sure that Brian could be trusted, but he wasn't positive. He highly doubt that the one he was fighting was good, but that didn't make Brian good either. He wasn't sure of the name at that moment.

"I really don't like to rush people, but we probably need to head out soon. We have already been here to long... I don't think we have to worry about the cops right now. I think they would have already been here by now if that was the case." Alex suggested, as he to, exited the building.

He caught a glimpse of Garret try to use his powers and just sighed. He stepped on the opposite side of Emery and started to stretch his legs and arms, to get ready to walk whenever they decided to. He popped his neck and let out a yawn after he was done stretching. He kept his Dratini in the pokeball, as it wasn't the best pokemon to walk with. He looked around the town, everything looked calm as people had their coffee at the cafes. He looked up at the sky. It seemed like a clear day.

We shouldn't stay too long in one place if people are after us. Hell they attacked us during the day. How no one noticed is beyond me. I want to talk to my parents, butI don't want to get them dragged into the middle of this.

"Also need to talk to the girl from yesterday..." He said that out loud by mistake.

Opps, I said that out loud. Just said that out loud. Hopefully I don't do that too much. He made a odd face that you would expect one to make when he said something out loud that wasn't suppose to be said.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Versai Penumbra

tumblr_nrmqm6AHdP1unmg1mo1_500.gif

V_zpszb0ugcsc.gif
"Fen! FEN!"
Versai jumped in surprise as her little fox began to shriek in fear. She quickly turns to where Fennekin's giant, terrified eyes are fixated, and watches as their professor begins to burn away…
Fennekin leaped from her trainer's arms and rushed to the burning body, though there was nothing the little creature could do, aside from watch as the body faded into ash.
"Professor…" Versai knelt by her Pokémon and gazed in a desolate, helpless state. He's gone…could…they have saved him…if they had fought harder? If they had gotten the antidote into his system faster, or flagged someone down for help… She opened her mouth to offer some form of goodbye, only to be completely caught off guard by the strange alarm that rang through the building. When the alarm halted, their friendly neighborhood explanation-bot began to transform. What the machine became was…almost more than versai could comprehend. It…she…looks completely human now.
Purple eyes glance from the pile of ash to the robot. This girl was meant to take over if something happened to the professor, which meant her memory of the previous information was likely wiped. They can't have their enemy group hacking into the bot's system and learning whatever information the robot wanted to give them. Which means…there is no reason to stay here.
"It's an honor to meet you, Emy. I'm sure we'll meet again."
The dark type collects her mournful Fennekin in her arms and collects her bag, easing it over her shoulder. There is a since of urgency pressing on her mind; they had already stayed here a great deal longer than they should have, in the hopes of saving their professor and obtaining some sort of information…and now they are walking away with neither.
Versai hugs her tiny fox as she heads for the door, where she locks eyes with Emery. They had vowed to walk away from this place together, and now it's time to make true to such a vow. "Ready to go?" She offers, a smile forming on her formerly distraught face.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Y9qPysb.jpg

Alex's C-Gear that had been slapped on his wrist the previous day started to ring. He quickly checked it and seen that it was Ayla. He looked at the group who was still getting ready to leave and turned and walked away from them and went behind the Lab for a few seconds.

"Yes?" Alex said as he clicked on the C-Gear and Ayla appeared.

"Oh Alex, I was a bit surprised you answered this early. The photoshoot for the people that wanted a Sun and Moon photo have dropped their job. So it is no longer something we have to do. I have a simpler job though and about to leave. I can meet you somewhere on Route 3 or 4, whenever you get a chance."

"Alright Ayla.... Have a good day." Alex said with reluctance.

This surprised Ayla a bit, "Oh.... uh you too." She said, quickly cutting the video chat.

Alex thought about his dream he had had when he had passed out. To start new he didn't want to listen to something a total stranger in his dream had said. And in his eyes, it wasn't fair for him to have a fully evolved pokemon right now, even if it is a weak pokemon like Vivillon, though he had a Dratini which was dubbed as a Pseudo Legend, then again, it hardly knew any moves, so it was fairly weak. He also didn't trust the Vivillon he had received by someone during the night, who he thought may have been the one he had dreamed of. So he took out the poke ball and released the pokemon and crushed the poke ball. He knew that no one knew about it, so if it suddenly vanished, they wouldn't notice. He had no intentions on keeping the pokemon anyway. He was going to give it away in the next town or in Lumious if they ever made it there.

Without looking back, the pokemon fluttered away into the sky.

"I do wonder what the other job is though. She didn't make any special requests. Oh well. Now I can just focus on the journey and not have to worry about something else." Alex said to himself as he returned to the group.

Last edited:

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years

--Tyre's Data--
Spoiler:

Tyre slowly opened his eyes, followed by several tired blinks. Not knowing what happened, he quickly sits up. The grass in his hair ever so slowly falling down. The sun wasn't out, but the sky had an orange horizon to it.
He scratches his head in confusion.

"..... Did I... Fall asleep?"

He wipes his face and rubs his eyes with his right hand hand. He attempted to use his other hand to pull out his holodex only for him to realize it was heavy. His Poochyena's Pokeball was in it.

"Riiight... I caught Poochyena." He said to himself as he looked at the Pokeball. "What Should I even name him?" He pressed the button on the ball, sending out the dark dog Pokemon.
It came out, sitting, Glaring directly at Tyre.
It seems Poochyena hasn't accepted me as his trainer. Makes sense, since we've only recently just met.

The dog didn't move. Just glared.

"... I know! Maybe it needs a friend." I reached for my other Pokeball containing spooks, then sent him out. The the ghostly gas Pokemon came out with a wicked smile. "Go play with him." I commanded Spooks. Spooks tried swirling around Poochyena to get his attention, but Poochyena seemed indifferent towards Spooks attempt to play and continued glaring at Tyre.

"...C'mon, lighten up!"

Tyre sighed. "The Pokemon Shows made it seem like once you catch them, they're automatically your best friends... I guess this is the reality."

Tyre looks up, at the sky, thinking about all of yesterdays events.
Getting attacked by those grunts was a real peice of work... I'm surprised I wasn't caught. There was a whole lot of them in the lab, so last night was probably a death zone. Since I'm fine, I'm going to assume That they left the area.

Tyre held up both of his hands, staring into his palms.
I can't believe that I'm a hybrid. I didn't think much of it yesterday, but now that I think about it, this is a pretty big deal.
I'm basically a walking army now. Once I learn how to do some moves, I can do whatever I want and get away with it because nobody can stop me.... Except for other Hybrids...

He began to think about the people who also found out they were Hybrids.
They most likely decided to stick together... Hmm... Does being in a group has its benefits?...
I dunno... I mean, If I'm friends with at least one other Hybrid...

Tyre began scratching his head, Somewhat regretting the fact that he ditched everybody.
"Well... I made my decision and can't change it." He said, halfheartedly.

Now. My moves... That's something that needs taken into account. How could I learn some?? What would a steel type like me even be able to learn?
That's when it hit him.

Maybe not every move I learn has to be a steel move... Grass types can learn bug moves, and Water types can learn Ice moves.

Tyre smirked, impressed at himself that he may be on to something.

So... What would I have to do to activate these moves...?

Last edited:

shatteredxfrost

Years
Route 2 - Santalune Forest
Part 1
featuring
EmeryRyan • Versai • AlexGarett

"Ready to go?"

Was she ever. One more second in this town and Emery thought she just might end up as nutty as Uncle Devlin. She takes one last look at the way back 'home'. Part of her thought that maybe she would feel some longing, maybe a bit of regret for how she left things with Dev - but it never comes. Only the thrill of finding out who she really is and being able to explore that away from such a boring town.

Remembering those still lingering inside, she moves back to the Lab's doors and hammers her fist on it three times.

"Hurry up or we're leaving you behind!"

Hearing the pounding at the door spurs Ryan to move. He had been uncertain of what to do next, but at least someone was taking charge now. "I guess we should get going, guys." He picked up Froakie and headed for the door. "Let's go, or I'll call the cops again!"

When he opens the door and sees Emery, he grins nervously at her. "That was a joke. I'm not actually gonna call the cops again. I learned my lesson last time."

That draws out a chuckle from her; his nerves were almost endearing. She reaches over to pat his shoulder. "Relax, kid. I won't bite."

Releasing him, Emery scoops up 'Vee from the ground and helps the little fox to perch on her shoulder. "Ready," her eyes flash to Versai's, answering her earlier question. Not interested in waiting around any longer for the robot, she starts to head for the entrance of Route 2.

Once he heard the man walk away, Garett sat up and looked to the lab where Emery, Alex, and Versai were standing. "Guess we're heading out" He said, standing up as Meric took his place on Garett's shoulder. Unsure of what to say to any of the trainers standing around the lab, Garett quietly followed Emery to the exit to Route 2.

Alex followed as the other left, looking back at the lab, hoping they would come on soon. They should be fine during the day, it was mainly the night time that Alex worried. He still felt a little out of place with everybody already seeming to have some power, yet he still had none.

Alex took out his map as the walked toward the Bridge and would soon cross the river, into Route 2. Then they would have to head to the forest along the branched part of the big river. He studied the map and looked at the time, giving the time it would take to get to the forest and then having to go through the forest, it would seem they would need to find a camp site inside the forest.

"Looking at my map on the Pokepedia thing that has the map and info about the region and town, we will have to find a camp site somewhere in the forest. I don't think we can get through both Route 2 and the Forest in a single day unless we walked through the night. And I am not 100% possitive it would be safe to walk through the forest at night. That isn't even counting the people who may be after us." Alex explained.

Alex closed his map and looked around the town, to see if anyone seemed to be following them, but nothing seemed out of the normal, "Let us try to also enjoy the journey. I know it will be hard, but we should at least try we can." Alex finished.

"The forest should be safer at night, really, most of the Pokemon that live there will be asleep." Not that the Pokemon in the forest are a great deal threatening to begin with; most of them are first stage bug types, with the occasional Pikachu and Fletchling...neither of which are incredibly hostile Pokemon. With those words said she let Alex be, realizing that he might very well be in denial of the situations that had unfolded before them in the last twenty-four hours...a man was dead...murdered before their eyes, that wasn't exactly something one experiences and walks away from with a light heart.

Attempting to shake her forlorne feelings, she flashes a smile to Ryan, who looks like he could really use one after remembering his tiny falter in judgement the previous day. "You don't need to keep beating yourself up over that...nothing came from it." And he learned his lesson. For now 'trust no one' might be a good philosophy for their group to go on.

Ryan returns the smile, grateful for the small gesture. He hadn't exactly endeared himself to the rest of the group, and was hoping to change that. "I say we keep going, but we'll probably have to stop eventually. Maybe it would be better to make camp before we're all tired from the journey, but I think we'll make plenty of progress."

"That was my thoughts as well. We have to pass through the forest and two routes before the next town according to this map. We will have to stop and eat. I am not sure any of us have anything, but I could be wrong. The forest should have plenty of berries. Also, even though we are what we are, it might be nice to catch some new friends. Hopefully not a cold or fire across the face again. Although that was my fault the first time. I don't really want that to happen again." Alex said, trying to still be himself.

He understood what Versai was saying. According to the map, for the most part. He was not really thinking about the pokemon, more along the lines of not being able to see where they were walking. However, he didn't say anything.

Emery keeps her mouth shut as the group discuss their next course of action behind her. Her plan was simple: get to Santalune City before she was driven insane by the onslaught of personalities. Every second spent in that Lab reminded her more and more of why she avoided 'friends' and 'socializing' in the first place.

"Afraid you'll lose this time?" Emery addresses Alex without looking at him, a smirk fixed on her face at the prospect of a rematch - this time using their powers.

"Berries?" Ryan shook his head, unable to stop a smile. "We're in town, there's a grocery store and a sandwich shop just down that road. We won't have to forage for food." He split off from the others, turning back to wave them on. "I'll grab some lunch and other supplies, and I'll meet up with you guys at the forest."

"Be safe!" That was a bit of a motherly response, yet in this case…she felt very justified in saying such things. They are walking down a dangerous road. Part of the dark type wishes to go along with Ryan, if nothing else, to help him carry food, though the logical side of her reminds her that leaving Alex and Emery alone together is asking for another outbreak of carnage…especially if Alex stayed keen on bringing up what happened between the two of them.

Versai waves to Ryan's departing form before quickening her pace, catching up to Emery. "I don't think it's a good idea to get others caught up in our affairs. Not now." Especially after what happened to the last person that reached out to them, tried to help them…it's the very reason she's so very reluctant to contact her brother.

"I wasn't aware that I won. Pretty sure you won the fight between us. I did win the pokemon battle. which probably went too far on my part. I want to try to start over from last night. If we ever have another pokemon battle, I would prefer us to train ourselves more and catch more." Alex said, trying to avoid the fact that he had no desire to fight her. He didn't have his powers like she had. If they were to fight now, he would surely lose. He also had no desire to hit a female unless there was no other choice.

He didn't really think about buying food and what not before leaving the town. He guessed that they wouldn't want to spend money on anyone but themselves. He could smell the river that was most likely infested with magikarp, but there was no way of telling. He had never heard of anyone fishing in the large river that went around Kalos, other than in very limited places. For all they knew, there could possibly be some type of clown like seal species that no one had ever seen before, but there was no way to tell. Alex chuckled at the thought of a seal with a clown nose and pushed it aside. Yeah right. He thought.

Garett stared at his Holodex as he quietly followed behind the group. Hm. So Santalune City is the closest Gym… But where do I go after Lumiose? Garett scrolled around the map before stopping on Route 8. After reading information about the route, Garett closed the map and turned to face Meric. "Looks like we're going west from Lumiose." Meric tilted his head and gave Garett a blank stare before pecking his trainer's forehead. Garett flicked at Meric's beak but the bird pokémon flew to Garett's other shoulder. Meric continued going back and forth between Garett's shoulders for a few minutes before Garett finally gave up. Why couldn't I have gotten Gastly? Garett let out a groan and turned his head as he realized Ryan had walked away from the group. Guess he forgot something?

"See you, Rye-Bread!"

She wants to engage with Alex again. Even with his pathetic attempts to move on from what happened last night, Emery was skilled in holding grudges. If it weren't for Versai cautioning her against another fight, she would have no problem testing out her new found abilities on him.

Eevee presses her nose into her cheek, a silent reminder of what happened the night before and just why she was so pissed off. It never should have gone that far.

Emery squints at Garett. He doesn't talk much - he was already on her good side. The ball of fluff that was apparently his Pokemon became a distraction as it flew back and forth on his shoulders. "Can you control that cotton ball of yours, already?"

Meric stopped flying around and stuck his tongue out at Emery as he landed on Garett's shoulder. Garett took the opportunity to return the Rufflet to its pokeball.

Emery chuckles, amused that the little Pokemon took offense to her remark.

'Vee leaps off her shoulder and gracefully to the ground, dancing around Garett's feet and then sprinting far up the path. She finds a small Bunnelby in a bush. Her hopeful gaze shoots to Emery's when the trainer finally catches up and she shakes the idea off with a sharp turn of her head. No way. She had no interest in adding another addition to the team so fast.

The Bunnelby hops away, naturally threatened by the little fox. 'Vee dives after it.

"Come on, you little menace," Emery climbs over the bush and has to tear the Eevee off her playmate. Four more Bunnelby watch the exchange from behind a tree. "When did you learn how to track?" She questions 'Vee, impressed that she knew there were Pokemon nearby from almost a kilometer away.

She hoped that meant 'Vee could sense if any grunts happened to find them.

Alex watched as Emery ran up ahead after her little Eevee. He watched as she disappeared from sight for a few minutes. For a brief moment, he wanted to go after her, but that moment passed him by.

She will be fine. He thought.

He wondered if he should go after Ryan to help, but he was not a fan of shopping, unless it was technology or Pokémon supplies. He still didn't think they would be attacked out in the open like this. Then again, the people did attack the lab. He wondered who the team was, but they had no idea. In his mind, it was possible that they weren't after them at all. They could have just been after Brian for all he knew. It was possible that the only reason they even attacked the group, was because they were there at the wrong time.

Why the hell am I even worried about this damn group? It isn't like we are friends. In my life, I have never even cared about anyone else, but my family and myself. So why now? I've only known them for a day. Alex thought, trying to push his thoughts aside, but they continued to flow as they walked down the route.

"Feen?" Fennekin's eyes widen as Eevee darts off the path. When Emery goes after her Pokémon, Fennekin hops down from Versai's hold. The fire fox trots along until she comes to the bush, where she makes an abrupt stop. It seems this little one is hesitant to leave her trainer, yet she walks in a short circle around the bush, attempting to find an opening where she can peer through.

Versai walks towards her tiny fox and kneels down to retrieve her; much like Fennekin herself, Versai is reluctant to stray too far from her partner. "You sure are a curious little one, aren't you?" She asks as she stands.

"Fen!" Fennekin's tail swishes easily. In Versai's arms, she can peer over the bush and see where her fellow fox had run off to.

"Curiouser and curiouser." She recites, which causes Fennekin to tap her nose into her trainer's cheek. For a moment, Versai's mind eases. Out here, bonding with her Pokémon like this…the events of the lab seem galaxies away.

Meanwhile, Ryan was off doing something much less exciting back in town. He was used to doing the shopping, and knew where all the little shops were. He had gone camping before, so he knew what kinds of foods to bring on a long trip like this one. Canned fruit, potted meat, a loaf of bread for everyone (which wouldn't last long on a long journey), and most importantly, candy. Candy was essential for keeping up morale, and would break the monotony of trail rations. Plus, Pokemon loved the stuff.

He also managed to buy a knapsack for everyone, so they could carry their own food if they got separated. It didn't come cheap, but after taking Team Shadow's wallets, he had enough money. "Now I just need to catch up with the others." He left the stores behind, making his way back toward the forest.

Alex continued to walk as the forest was slowly getting closer. He wasn't sure how much longer they had before they reached the forest. At the moment, Dratini popped out of its pokeball. Its eyes droppy.

"Dratini? Are you ok?" Alex asked as he held the little dragon Pokemon in his arms.

"Dra....ti...ni..." The Dratini said as he put its head on Alex's shoulder.

The sensation was somewhat new to him. The feeling of caring for something new. It felt good.

"Did you get out of your poke ball and keep a look out while we slept?" Alex asked.

The little dragon nodded as it put its nose on Alex's neck. Alex smiled as he started to gently pet the dragon.

"Well you can sleep now. Here let me help you." Alex said, clearing his throat.

He didn't sing, but he did hum to match the lyrics in some way. It was a lullaby that his mother used to sing to him when he was younger and couldn't sleep.

It wasn't long before the little dragon had fallen asleep on his shoulder and softly snoored. Alex smiled again and continued to walk.

"I hope we will be friend forever Dratini, I guess you could say you are my first friend I have ever truly made. Whatever Brian had done to the Pokemon to choose a trainer, must have took a long time." Alex said.

Emery continues walking far enough ahead of the group that she doesn't have to hear anyone talk. She had enough of a headache from Ryan's incessant rambling the night before and the speech from Alex had since made it unbearable.

She slows as the river alongside the Route cuts off and travels far beyond her sight. The tree-lines get thicker, darker. An unsettling cloud of uncertainty drapes over her; this would be a good place to stage an ambush. While eager to put her new abilities to the test, she wasn't entirely sure how to control the fire. It was too unpredictable.

Not one to let her fears get the best of her, Emery ventures deeper with the utmost faith that she could handle the Grunts should they show their faces.

Ryan, however...

She hesitates, takes a deep, shuddering sigh and pivots on the spot. "One of us should wait here for the kid," she addresses the group, uncomfortable. "He might get lost."

So involved with the moment of bonding between herself and her Pokémon, she didn't realize just how far ahead Emery had gotten. It's only when the steady sound of their collective footsteps go slightly off beat does she glance up—Emery has stopped walking.

The redhead's shoulders shake delicately, indicating she's drawing in a deep breath, then turns to face the rest of their group. Dark eyes cut to the surrounding area, noting the change in terrain. It's much darker up ahead…with more obstacles that one could use to conceal themselves…which is why Emery looks suddenly less at ease.

As Alex catches up with Emery, she pivots back toward the others. It took him a minute to comprehend what she had said, but sincerely smiled.

"I can, although I am pretty sure Ryan is the same age as most of us, if that is who you are talking about. But yeah, I can wait for him." Alex said.

Alex was enjoying the fact that she looked uncomfortable when asking about someone else. It did make her look cute. Alex thought about saying something, but stopped himself. It might cause it to rain fire. He knew she was right. He walked over to a tree, Dratini still hugging his neck.

His stomach growled as he took a seat and leaned up against to tree. He didn't remember eating anything for breakfast....they should have gotten some food before they had left.

As Alex leaves, Versai picks up her pace, lessening the distance between herself and the fiery redhead. "Something tells me it will be Ryan leading Alex back, not the other way around." She speaks, hoping to lighten the mood...albeit she is not entirely sure how to do so, considering the seriousness of the situation. She props Alice on her shoulder, hoping her Pokemon's large ears will pick up on any subtle movements that shudder through the bushes.

Garett slowed his pace as Alex turned back and left the group. So much for staying in a group. Garett looked around and noted there were only three trainers headed to the forest. Guess Myra changed her mind about going. And what happened to the guy with the Gastly? He started walking faster to keep from falling too far behind Emery and Versai. Hopefully I can finally relax a little once we get to the forest.

As Alex relaxed by the tree, he could hear the sound of frantically approaching... hoofsteps? In the distance, a Skiddo was running as fast as it could, juking and weaving side to side. Ryan clung to its back for dear life, and the little goat was doing its best to dislodge him. It finally succeeded just as it reached Alex, knocking Ryan to the ground. It bloated in annoyance before bounding away, leaving Ryan flat on his back at Alex'S feet.

"Ugh... remind me never to do that again..." He muttered as he climbed to his feet. "Hi, Alex. You stayed back to wait for me?"

Alex could feel the warmth of his dream, as he heard something or someone running. He was in a room that was totally white, looking down at a female who was in the bed. She had pink hair, most of which was covered in ash or burned. Her once clear skin was severely burned. He could feel the tears stinging his eyes.

"Alex... it isn't your fault. There was nothing they could do. It was already too late." His mother's voice echoed, trying to comfort him. He shrugged off her hand and walked away to the bed and put his head on the girl's stomach.

He heard a bang and jerked awake, "Fire!" His head slammed into the tree trunk that he must of dozed off underneath.

He opened his eyes and quickly reached for his head and started rubbing it. He could here Ryan's voice who was laying on the ground near him.

"Oh Ryan. Yeah sorry about that. Must have dozed off. They wanted me to wait for you in case you got lost." Alex said, standing up a few seconds after Ryan.

"Was that a Skiddo? Why were you even on one?" Alex asked.

"It's a long story..." Ryan patted himself down, making sure he hadn't lost anything. "I was on my way back, was thinking it could take a while to catch up to you guys, then noticed that Skiddo in someone's yard. I thought, 'I bet I could ride that and catch up to the others before dark.' Turns out it's harder than it looks."

Satisfied that he hadn't dropped anything, he readjusted his backpack, which was stuffed with the knapsacks of food for everyone. "But the important thing is that I got plenty of food. Even bought bags for the others. Of course, I had to spend the money I took from those Shadow goons, so that's all gone."

"That's good. How 'bout we catch up with the others?" Alex said as he said, turning toward the woods to head in. He could still feel Emery's aura thanks to her fire typing and his ice typing. He had actually forgotten he could sense Emery's aura because of their typings. So he was the best choice to wait for Ryan.

In the haze of the afternoon Emery felt more relaxed and perceptible to their surroundings, even among the darker edges of the forest. She leisurely walks alongside Versai and Garett. The silence was more or less comfortable, much preferred over constant banter and idle conversation.

Eevee jumps down from her shoulder, gets a boost from Emery's hips and darts up ahead the path. Emery almost cautions her to be careful and not go too far ahead, but the little fox seems to know her fears and stops every so often as she catches up.

He walked, he was sure Ryan was behind him, but he didn't look behind much. He was concentrating on his surroundings, keeping his ears open, making sure Ryan didn't fall too far behind. In case Ryan had yelled.

After a bit of walking, Ryan and Alex caught up with the others. Alex had returned Dratini before Ryan had showed up so it could sleep in peace.

written by
shatteredxfrostGodzil • LinearAxel • IcyIceElBurrito

Last edited:

ElBurrito

Years
Santalune Forest
Part 2

featuring
AlexEmeryGarett Versai • Ryan

Alex looked around the area where they had stopped. He could hear running water not too far away. He grabbed a waterskin that his parents had packed for him and walked over to the sound of water. He arrived at a small stream that ran through the woods. He could tell that the water was clear, so chances were high that it was spring water from a hill or mountain area. A few Caterpie, along with other bug types, were drinking from the stream. As he approached, they looked up at him, but they continued to drink water as he bent town to fill his waterskin.

He could see the haze in the trees. He could tell just by looking that it was humid, but he couldn't tell. He was an Ice Type after all. Alex guessed that was way he never felt hot on hot days. He didn't think he would use the waterskin, but he figured it would be wise to always have it full, just in case. He returned to the resting spot that they had taken, wondering if they were going to set up camp. He took a seat on a fallen log and thought for a second before speaking.

"So what do you guys plan to do? I mean we are on a journey still after all." Alex asked.

Emery starts at the sudden arrival of Alex, her arms flinging out in defense. Her brows furrow. When the heck did he get back? Eevee bounds back when she notices Emery has stopped following and sits impatiently by her feet, tail swishing back and forth, anxious.

"Get to Santalune City," Emery answers stoically and settles beside 'Vee. She stares down the path, eyes adjusting to the darkness for any impending danger. They weren't even concealed.

As he entered the forest Garett released Meric from his pokeball. The Rufflet flew to Garett's shoulder and shook its body. Garett looked at Alex as he spoke. Well, if I'm going to be traveling with these people I might as well talk to them a little bit.

"First thing I'm doing once we get to Santalune is taking on the gym." Garett said as Emery finished speaking. He leaned back against a tree and followed Emery's gaze down the path. "Hopefully this little guy stops being a pain by then." Garett patted Meric on the head who pecked his hand in response.

"The Santalune gym leader is a bug type trainer, so I'm sure you two will do well." Versai speaks up. She reaches up toward to break off a small branch from a tree, which she gives to the Fennekin draped on her shoulder. Alice replies to the gift with a happy cry before chomping down on the twig.

As for her own plans, she had nothing to say. She had no plans, aside from stay alive. Maybe taking the gym challenge would be a good idea; hiding in plain sight, or maybe it would be best to stay hidden…travel only during the fall of night and interact with as few people as possible. There was still…a lot to think about.

Ryan handed Alex his knapsack, thinking over his words. "The Gym is certainly an option, but I don't think I'm cut out for it." He moved on to Garett, handing him his. "By the way, these are full of food for the trip. I used the money I took from Team Shadow to buy them."

He handed a bag to Emery, lifting a hand to forestall any objections. "And since we all participated, we all deserve a cut, so don't think you owe me or anything." He handed out the rest, taking a seat next to Versai as he gives her hers. "I just decided what to spend the money on, is all. Can't go on a journey on an empty stomach, after all!"

Emery cuts her gaze from the path to watch Meric be oddly adorable. For something that looked like it had been blow-dried for five minutes too long, it had a certain appeal that made her genuinely smile.

A part of her wants to reject the bag Ryan tries to give her, just out of instinct to not accept anything from anybody - but she was hungry and impressed that he robbed Team Shadow. "There's hope for you yet, Rye-Bread."

"Th-thanks" Garett said as he took the bag from Ryan. He opened the bag up as Ryan mentioned food and pulled out a cracker that he handed to Meric who happily chirped in response as he took the cracker. So the first gym is a bug gym huh? Guess having a bird for a starter isn't so bad after all.

Alex listened as every started to talk. He was glad that he was able to get them to talk somewhat. Especially Emery, although he jumped when she put her arm up. Afraid that he had done something wrong. But it seemed like she stopped once she noticed it was him.

Guess they didn't know we had reached them yet. I can't blame her for doing what she did. He thought, he pulled out he poke ball and released Dratini.

The little dragon stretched its body out and then looked around the forest in amazement. Especially up to the sky and trees.

"The gyms sounds nice. But I am not sure what I want to do 100%. I read up about the gyms a good amount when we were stuck in the town. It sounds like it would be fun to collect the badges, but I really don't want to enter the League. But it could be fun. I do really want to meet Wulfric though! He is the strongest gym leader known right now and he is an Ice Type expert! I really really really want to meet him! It would be amazing!" Alex said.

He accepted the bag from Ryan after a moment, "Oh thanks Ryan."

He didn't really comment on the fact that he stole from the people who attacked them. He didn't really care for thieves. Which is another reason he was wary of Emery. He looked at her and then suddenly he could feel heat rush to his face and he quickly looked away. Although he didn't get hot, he could still feel fire and extreme heat. He put one hand over his face and attempted to erase the heat he felt in his cheeks and back.

Ryan leaned back against his seat, happy that he had done something useful. It probably didn't make up for his previous actions, not completely anyway, but it was a good start. At least the others would think of him as the helpful guy who brought them food, instead of the loudmouth who nearly got them arrested.

"So... plenty of Pokémon in this forest." He tried to break the awkward silence that had settled over the camp. "Capture, training, what's everyone thinking?"

Emery involuntarily flinches at his question. Before arriving at the lab and meeting the Professor, her objective had been clear - pick a starter, get to Santalune and make amends. After that, she was going to let her journey unfold however it pleased... now the only thing on her mind is getting to the bottom of what she is.

"Figuring out why we are Half-Pokemon would be at the top of my list," Emery retorts.

Meric quickly turned his head and stared off into the forest while Garett listened to the others speak.

"That'd be a little easier if the one guy who knew hadn't burst into flames." Garett responded. "Where would we even…" Garett's speech faded to silence as Meric flew from his shoulder and disappeared into the forest.

"Hold that thought." Garett groaned as he pushed himself off the tree and ran after his Rufflet. "Damn it Meric! Get back here!"

"Garrett, wait!" Ryan tried to stop him, but wasn't close enough. "We shouldn't go off into the woods alone! ...I'll go get him." Ignoring his own advice, Ryan goes off by himself to find Garrett.

written by
IcyIce shatteredxfrostElBurrito • LinearAxel •
Godzil

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

Y9qPysb.jpg

Alex yawned. It had felt like months had went by since anyone had spoken. Both Garett and Ryan had run off, leaving Alex alone with Emery and Versai.

"Uh..." He said.

For some reason, it felt off for him to be alone with just females, even if one was older than he, it just felt odd. He never got this way around girls. He remembered once that he walked up to a group of 6 girls and asked all of them out at the same time. Of course, he was turned down... and possibly slapped a few times, but hey, he had to try right? Most of the awkwardness came from Emery for obvious reasons and possibly because she was a fire type, which he felt uneasy about.

"Well sense they went of on there own, I guess it wouldn't hurt to explore close by. I have never been in the forest before." Alex said, getting up from where he sat and walked away from the two girls.

"If anything bad happens, I guess I could be the Knight in shining armor, riding atop my amazing Rapidash Stead. I will be near by." Alex said, turning back to the two girls, and smiling. Then he turned back away form them and walked away.

Hmm... Rapidash may not be a good idea... But I guess I got to get over fire eventuall. He thought.

Back