• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 24, 2017
So I have 9 cards to show you guys and I would love to know if you think they are fake or not. All 9 are bought on ebay. I started reading more about fakes and watching youtube videos on how to spot fakes but I am just not experienced enough to tell.

The one issue that I can see is the ninetales "1 edition" it is super bulky and thick and doesn't look like the rest. Unfortunately I can't return any of these items as it has been 180 days but knowing if they are fake would still be nice.

Card types: 1st edition shadowless base set (all of them)

SB8mUfn.jpg

mJlspoK.jpg

B35cQ8f.jpg

aVPGSt6.jpg

C736CFm.jpg

zK3Rjg1.jpg

M5xA2Yy.jpg

Y6FfCsV.jpg

Un78eEe.jpg

If you guys need any more details or want to see the back of the card let me know!

Years
So I have 9 cards to show you guys and I would love to know if you think they are fake or not. All 9 are bought on ebay. I started reading more about fakes and watching youtube videos on how to spot fakes but I am just not experienced enough to tell.

The one issue that I can see is the ninetales "1 edition" it is super bulky and thick and doesn't look like the rest. Unfortunately I can't return any of these items as it has been 180 days but knowing if they are fake would still be nice.

Card types: 1st edition shadowless base set (all of them)

SB8mUfn.jpg

mJlspoK.jpg

B35cQ8f.jpg

aVPGSt6.jpg

C736CFm.jpg

zK3Rjg1.jpg

M5xA2Yy.jpg

Y6FfCsV.jpg

Un78eEe.jpg

If you guys need any more details or want to see the back of the card let me know!

I don't see any signs of counterfeiting on the faces of these cards. There's a couple things to look for on the backs that might be tells, but I think it's safe to say that these are legit.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
Hi! I know it's probably nothing and I'm on mobile and it won't let me attach images but I have a 2013 Shadow Triad Trainer card but it has what looks like handwriting printed on the art? I've looked online and I can't find any others that have the writing. It's a World Championship 2014 card, if that helps.

Years
Hi! I know it's probably nothing and I'm on mobile and it won't let me attach images but I have a 2013 Shadow Triad Trainer card but it has what looks like handwriting printed on the art? I've looked online and I can't find any others that have the writing. It's a World Championship 2014 card, if that helps.

The reason you can't find anything on the card is because it's from one of the World Championship 2014 card decks, which are basically promo decks that are not legal for tournament play and are created from the deck lists of the top players at a given year's Pokemon TCG World Championships (in this card's case, the 2014 Tournament). What this means is that the cards are worthless on their own and only have any value at all as part of the complete set.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
hey guys I am curious about the value of this 1st edition Entei 6/64 holo Neo Revelations card it seems to be NM with a very slight bend due to being in a binder for many years. thank you

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Years
hey guys I am curious about the value of this 1st edition Entei 6/64 holo Neo Revelations card it seems to be NM with a very slight bend due to being in a binder for many years. thank you

So, apparently, people are dropping $25 to $35 for that card. Personally I think that's kind of high, but if that's what the market's commanding then I guess that's the worth.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 12, 2020
Unopened Pokemon Cards From Japan (2000?)

Hi there!

Searching through one of my old drawers today I rediscovered 2 unopened packs/folders of Pokemon cards from I think what was the year 2000 or 1999. The cards were bought in Japan and were given to me as a gift here in the UK from a family friend who had been visiting Japan.

I was wondering how rare these cards are and if they are worth anything over here in the UK? I have 12 images and have attached them to this thread. You can see the original price tag on the folder as well (200 Yen). If anybody could even translate any of the writing I would be grateful! Thanks.

Jack

Attachments

• Image-1 (8).jpg
    Image-1 (8).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Image-1 (7).jpg
    Image-1 (7).jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Image-1 (9).jpg
    Image-1 (9).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Image-1 (2).jpg
    Image-1 (2).jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Image-1 (11).jpg
    Image-1 (11).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Image-1 (10).jpg
    Image-1 (10).jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Image-1 (6).jpg
    Image-1 (6).jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Image-1 (5).jpg
    Image-1 (5).jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Image-1 (3).jpg
    Image-1 (3).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 5
  • Image-1 (1).jpg
    Image-1 (1).jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Image-1 (4).jpg
    Image-1 (4).jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Image-1 (12).jpg
    Image-1 (12).jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 5
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Can I get some help with my card rarity?

I was just wondering why a lot of cards that I have purchased recently do not have a rarity symbol (circle, diamond, or star) in the bottom right corner, bit instead have a strange red or blue symbol? I have attached a picture including three pokemon cards of mine to compare. I have a dedenne with the rarity symbol I am used to seeing, a machop with a strange blue symbol, and a tangrowth with a strange red symbol. Hopefully someone could please help me out and inform me on the meaning of these symbols and a way to easily determine the rarity of my pokemon cards. Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 1498489841884803928367.jpg
    1498489841884803928367.jpg
    924 KB · Views: 19
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Those look like the stamps that they use to mark cards that come in premade "learn-to-play" decks called "Trainer Kits." These kits are packs of two 30-card decks that are ready to be played right out of the box, and the set comes with a guide book so people can learn how to play the game.

The symbols mark which "deck" the card comes from in the set, and the number next to the symbol marks the order that the cards should be put in if you want to play with the two pre-made decks. Yours looks like the Latias & Latios Trainer Kit symbol.

Years
FYI, the trainer kit cards have no rarity because each one comes with one copy of each uniquely numbered card, but the cards are pretty much worthless outside of the trainer kit itself.

I was just wondering why a lot of cards that I have purchased recently do not have a rarity symbol (circle, diamond, or star) in the bottom right corner, bit instead have a strange red or blue symbol? I have attached a picture including three pokemon cards of mine to compare. I have a dedenne with the rarity symbol I am used to seeing, a machop with a strange blue symbol, and a tangrowth with a strange red symbol. Hopefully someone could please help me out and inform me on the meaning of these symbols and a way to easily determine the rarity of my pokemon cards. Thanks for reading!

Hi there!

Searching through one of my old drawers today I rediscovered 2 unopened packs/folders of Pokemon cards from I think what was the year 2000 or 1999. The cards were bought in Japan and were given to me as a gift here in the UK from a family friend who had been visiting Japan.

I was wondering how rare these cards are and if they are worth anything over here in the UK? I have 12 images and have attached them to this thread. You can see the original price tag on the folder as well (200 Yen). If anybody could even translate any of the writing I would be grateful! Thanks.

Jack

Don't mind me, just moving both of your threads into the appropriate thread for them. You've both got your answers.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Hello i was wondering if i could have some help... I came across my step sons cards today and found a x and y card cloyster but it's misspelt "cloystee"
Wondering if anyone had come across this before and if it's worth anything ?

Years
Hello i was wondering if i could have some help... I came across my step sons cards today and found a x and y card cloyster but it's misspelt "cloystee"
Wondering if anyone had come across this before and if it's worth anything ?

With the misspelling, it's most likely a counterfeit card rather than an error. There are only 8 confirmed error cards from XY sets so far. Chances are very high your stepson's card is a counterfeit.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 4, 2017
1996 Japanese pocket monster cards, are they worth anything

So i have some cards and just wondering if they are worth anything. Just showing rares and odd cards, i also have some really large cards.

Attachments

• 20170703_060146.jpg
    20170703_060146.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170703_060203.jpg
    20170703_060203.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 20170703_060223.jpg
    20170703_060223.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20170703_060229.jpg
    20170703_060229.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 14990763688921772365196.jpg
    14990763688921772365196.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 17
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 4, 2017
Hello, my name is rhys. i am from the united kingdom and i was wondering how much a Pokemon card gift set i have called The Tempest Gift set with Zapdos on the box is worth. The Deck itself is untouched from looking at the cards so they're all like new, the cards are still in the packets which have been opened but left in the box since, all damage counters and other extra's are still as new and it all looks as if it could be picked up off the shelf. anyone with a price evaluation for me would be appreciated. i have looked on ebay but most people have the box only without any of the original cards. Many thanks

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
What's the going rate for a Pokemon Jungle booster box sealed in near perfect condition I bought a booster case of them way back in 1999 for like 450 and haven't touched them since thank you

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
Does anybody know much about the faded marowak error card. It sold for 8000 on ebay back in 2013 but dont know what it looks like. I cant seem to find a picture of it

Years
So i have some cards and just wondering if they are worth anything. Just showing rares and odd cards, i also have some really large cards.

The jumbo cards in that last pic are all counterfeits.

Jungle Scyther $2 to $4
Team Rocket Dark Charizard $5 to $10
Base Set Beedrill $1 to $3
Fossil Aerodactyl $4 to $6
May 1997 CoroCoro Mewtwo $5 to $7

Hello, my name is rhys. i am from the united kingdom and i was wondering how much a Pokemon card gift set i have called The Tempest Gift set with Zapdos on the box is worth. The Deck itself is untouched from looking at the cards so they're all like new, the cards are still in the packets which have been opened but left in the box since, all damage counters and other extra's are still as new and it all looks as if it could be picked up off the shelf. anyone with a price evaluation for me would be appreciated. i have looked on ebay but most people have the box only without any of the original cards. Many thanks

Might be easier to find pricing by looking up the Thunderstorm Gift Box, which was the name for it in the US. Prices for opened but intact ones of the Thunderstorm Gift Box seem to be about $25 to $35 US.

What's the going rate for a Pokemon Jungle booster box sealed in near perfect condition I bought a booster case of them way back in 1999 for like 450 and haven't touched them since thank you

450 what? US Dollars? That's extremely high for having bought a booster box back in 1999, unless you meant like a whole pallet of group of booster boxes. Also, what language Jungle booster box?

Does anybody know much about the faded marowak error card. It sold for 8000 on ebay back in 2013 but dont know what it looks like. I cant seem to find a picture of it

Where did you hear about this? I've been collecting since 1999 and have never heard of this error AT ALL and can't find ANY documentation on it on any of my trusted sources. I'm inclined to think someone's lying to you or that whoever "bought" it got scammed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back