• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
When I imported the pokemon PBS and sprites, I was happy as a goose in a picnic. I had also already downloaded the icons and the audio files. But then imagine my heartbreak when I saw there was no pokemon from Gen 6 in the Add Pokemon menu in Debug mode! Then I started a new game with the gen 6 starters, but everytime I chose a pokemon from the lab, I got the following error.

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: ArgumentError

Message: Section122:891:in `__mf_initialize'The species number (no. 0 of 649) is invalid.

***Full script:

pbAddPokemon(:FROAKIE,5)

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Pokemon_MultipleForms:133:in `initialize'

PSystem_Utilities:1757:in `new'

PSystem_Utilities:1757:in `pbAddPokemon'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `follow_update'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `follow_update'

Pokemon Follow:1551:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\wickedsoham\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Am I missing something? do I have to install some new scripts or something?If anybody can help me with this, I am going to be so, SO grateful to that person!

Compile the game by holding Ctrl during startup in RMXP.

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
OMG Thanks so much! I can't express my gratitude!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Hey I need help with PBS files! I seem to have everything but I am missing some item data

590,SAILFOSSIL,Sail Fossil,Sail Fossils,1,1000,A fossil of an ancient Pokémon that lived in the sea in ancient times. It appears to be part of its sail.,0,0,0,
591,JAWFOSSIL,Jaw Fossil,Jaw Fossils,1,1000,A fossil of an ancient Pokémon that lived in the sea in ancient times. It appears to be part of its jaw.,0,0,0,
592,ROSELIBERRY,Roseli Berry,Roseli Berries,5,20,Weakens a supereffective Fairy-type attack against the holding Pokémon.,0,0,5,
593,KEEBERRY,Kee Berry,Kee Berries,5,20,"If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Defense stat when hit by a physical attack.",0,0,5,
594,MARANGABERRY,Maranga Berry,Maranga Berries,5,20,"If held by a Pokémon, this Berry will increase the Pokémon's Special Defense stat when hit by a special attack",0,0,5,
595,SNOWBALL,Snowball,Snowballs,1,200,"An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Attack if hit with a Ice-type attack. It can only be used once.",0,0,0,
603,FIGHTINGMEMORY,Fighting Memory,Fighting Memories,1,0,"A memory disc that contains Fighting-type data. It changes the type of a specific Pokémon.",0,0,0,
604,FLYINGMEMORY,Flying Memory,Flying Memories,1,0,"A memory disc that contains Flying-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain Pokémon.",0,0,0,
605,POISONMEMORY,Poison Memory,Poison Memories,1,0,"A memory disc that contains Poison-type data. It changes the type of the holder if held by a certain Pokémon.",0,0,0,

It jumps from 595 to 603. Is this possibly Plate data missing? HALP!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 8, 2018
Essentials BW

Message: Script error within event 10, map 20 (Route 2: Winding Way):

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section174:1276:in `pbQuantity'undefined method `length' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

pbWildBattle(PBSpecies::PICHU,10)

PField_Field:1016:in `pbGenerateWildPokemon'

PField_Field:1052:in `pbWildBattle'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:104:in `update'

Scene_Map:102:in `loop'

Scene_Map:115:in `update'

BW_MapClock:61:in `main'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\Michael\Saved Games/Essentials BW/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I started adding this to my game, and everything works fine, except for some reason it caused any static encounters i have set up to break and give me that error. Any suggestions to fix it would be awesome.

Im running BW essentials by the way.

Last edited:

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
First of all, Essentials BW is basing on Essentials V15. This Project is for Essentials V16. Second, Essentials BW is a huge modified version of a Vanilla Essentials. This Project was made for a clean Essentials Version. So it is highly expactable that both Projects won't work together well.

You should consider if you really want to use Essentials BW, because it's outdated and its creator has vanished from the internet long time ago, i.e it's not even supported.

By all means, I don't think that anyone here can really help you, beauce this error is such a specific thing and the odds are that you will encounter more problems like that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 13, 2017
Sorry I am a bit of a noob.
How do i use the rar files in the download on the first page?

Last edited:
Years
I'm sorry if this is better to PM an Admin about instead, but I edited the Pokemon.txt to have gen 6 Pokemon that will work on 17.2 (or whatever the current version as of this post... And possibly last version.) It works with every other PBS file in the pack, I just had to tweak Pokemon.txt a bit.
Here's the download.

It currently only has up to gen 6, and I'm not going to have my laptop as of tomorrow for who knows how long so I won't be able to add gen 7 for a while, but it's fairly simple to add the Pokemon yourself. It's just very time consuming.

These things (in bold) are missing in this (and 7th gen packs, like Marin's for example) that you'll have to add if you want to make the Pokemon.txt compatible with the current version.

Spoiler:

I hope this helps anybody who wants to have these Pokemon in the current version of Essentials.

Edit: I should probably add that you don't end the file with the -'s. (At least I didn't. I don't know if that would do anything.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
The PBS files are missing one important entry. the Shape entry.
Also, Callmefreak, Hoopa's shape is 4, not 8.

Last edited:
Years
I keep getting this error ;-;

Pokemon Legends
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Message: Required entry Shape is missing or empty in section 1 (PBS/pokemon.txt)

Compiler:1688:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1680:in `each'

Compiler:1680:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1679:in `each'

Compiler:1679:in `pbCompilePokemonData'

Compiler:1664:in `pbEachFileSection'

Compiler:197:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:165:in `each_line'

Compiler:165:in `pbEachFileSectionEx'

Compiler:197:in `pbEachFileSection'

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Hey I'm trying to download the graphics but media fire is not allowing me to do so .can you help me ?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 9, 2022
I added the shiny icons and in the Pokémon menu and the load screen all normal Pokémon icons are animated but the shiny ones are not, does anyone know how to animate them?!
EDIT: found out what's wrong: the shiny icons have the same sprite twice while the normal ones have 2 slightly different ones so in theory the shinies are animated ingame but both images are the same so you can't see it

Last edited:
Back