• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Underrated albums?

Clemet

Atlas Extraordinaire!
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Yeezus by Kanye West.
It explores the duality of his character. It also marks a turning point in his music where he no longer decided to do what was popular, but rather to make the noise he wanted. This is best expressed in the track "On Sight", where he speaks about how little he cares, and plays an amazing sample, a sample that could make a 10/10 Kanye track, and then fades back into the harsh Industrial noise of the base track. "I Am A God" also covers his almost paradoxically high self-esteem, when many other tracks in the album cover his lack of self-esteem or struggles with mental health. "Blood on the Leaves" is also a banger.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Yeezus by Kanye West.
It explores the duality of his character. It also marks a turning point in his music where he no longer decided to do what was popular, but rather to make the noise he wanted. This is best expressed in the track "On Sight", where he speaks about how little he cares, and plays an amazing sample, a sample that could make a 10/10 Kanye track, and then fades back into the harsh Industrial noise of the base track. "I Am A God" also covers his almost paradoxically high self-esteem, when many other tracks in the album cover his lack of self-esteem or struggles with mental health. "Blood on the Leaves" is also a banger.
Yeezus is my favorite Kanye album!

Clemet

Atlas Extraordinaire!
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 17, 2018
Yeezus is my favorite Kanye album!
It's an amazing album, in my top 4 for his discography.

1. KSG
2. MBDTF
3. LoP
4. Yeezus
5. ye
6. Graduation
7. College Dropout
8. Late Registration

baire

many such cases
Years
Music for 18 Musicians - Steve Reich: a landmark contemporary classical album that isn't all too well known among general audiences. many notable artists have referenced it in their own works or given it praise, ie David Bowie named it in a 25 favourites list back in 2003. just about everything Steve Reich has done is pretty underrated considering his enormous impact on the direction classical music has taken in recent times

Either/Or - Elliott Smith: my favourite album of all time! there was a very lovely article published by the society for music theory giving an in depth look on how Elliott Smith builds his ingenious songwriting. the album is a reference to the famous philosophical work "Either/Or: A fragment of life" by Kierkegaard and deals with a lot of paradoxal themes and ambiguous tonal centers to communicate some really interesting and insightful thoughts

Last edited:
Back