• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Title Idea

Years
Hey guys, it's Flygonia here.

I have a question for you. I am considering making my own fangame. I want to go study game design later, so I thought; This might be helpful later. I'm not that far into it yet. I have practically nothing, but I have a reason for that. School. Damn School. But here is my question. I don't know what to title the game. I've come up four options, but I don't know which one to choose, so that's why I need your help.

Here are the options:
- Pokemon Luminary
- Pokemon Aegis
- Pokemon Maelstrom
- Pokemon Eminence

So, if you would have come across these four names, which one sounds the most attractive and fun to play?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 8, 2019
It depends to be honest. I'm not a fan of maelstrom, but any of the other 3 could work. Do you have a basic storyline or anything sorted? I find it much easier to come up with a game name that makes sense based on the story/region.

Years
It depends to be honest. I'm not a fan of maelstrom, but any of the other 3 could work. Do you have a basic storyline or anything sorted? I find it much easier to come up with a game name that makes sense based on the story/region.
That is true. I will make up a storyline and region and then I will choose a game. Thanks for your help!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
pokémon, Luminate!

if you know, things I would click on, you know?

Last edited:

Yotes

GameDev
Years
I'd suggest starting out with a game first then choosing a name based on the core theme of your idea. The reason most games are called "Franchise: Working Title" is because the name usually comes naturally once all the gameplay and story ideas are written down.

Like if you end up making a Pokemon game that takes place in a Mexico-like place, you might end up calling it "Scorching Dune Version", "Familia Version", or something. Wouldn't make much since if you started out with the name "Pokemon Shiny Steel Version", right?

Back