• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] How do I replace the "Boy/Girl" options in the intro?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
I want to replace the options "Boy" and "Girl" in the intro with something else. The reason is that I actually want to put two male characters as playable characters in the hack (although they will obviously be different other than that). I've managed to do it sucessfully until now. I want to replace those two options with other words, since there will obviously not be a "boy" and a "girl" (but two boys)

XQ3FGtb.png

There is a problem with that, though. I've tried to use Advance Text and it doesn't replace option texts. I tried using Intro Text Editor and it doesn't work either; it replaces every other text in the intro, but not this. I tried using Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor and it yet doesn't work; for some reason, it doesn't recognize the "Boy/Girl" options in the intro. My last option was to use Gen III Tools, since it has an Anti-Exploud function that replaces every text. This is the only option that "worked". It worked in terms; first, because I can't replace "Boy" with a word that is longer than three letters. Second because it will replace any stance of "Boy" in the hack with the new word I am trying to insert.

I actually want to replace "Boy" with a word that has four letters, but the Anti-Exploud option doesn't let me do that. So I am asking there, because I don't know what else I can do.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I want to replace the options "Boy" and "Girl" in the intro with something else. The reason is that I actually want to put two male characters as playable characters in the hack (although they will obviously be different other than that). I've managed to do it sucessfully until now. I want to replace those two options with other words, since there will obviously not be a "boy" and a "girl" (but two boys)

XQ3FGtb.png

There is a problem with that, though. I've tried to use Advance Text and it doesn't replace option texts. I tried using Intro Text Editor and it doesn't work either; it replaces every other text in the intro, but not this. I tried using Complete Multi-Choice Box Editor and it yet doesn't work; for some reason, it doesn't recognize the "Boy/Girl" options in the intro. My last option was to use Gen III Tools, since it has an Anti-Exploud function that replaces every text. This is the only option that "worked". It worked in terms; first, because I can't replace "Boy" with a word that is longer than three letters. Second because it will replace any stance of "Boy" in the hack with the new word I am trying to insert.

I actually want to replace "Boy" with a word that has four letters, but the Anti-Exploud option doesn't let me do that. So I am asking there, because I don't know what else I can do.

Hey, you will want to repoint these. The pointers to the text is at 0812FF98 and 0812FF9C for Boy and Girl respectively.

Back