• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Oh my god we're so close to getting Myrrh to finally obtain an MSN Handle. In other news, Leah the Sandslash in now Lv. 40 in my HeartGold Nuzlocke.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
@Syd: But, but, I love my AIM! I know how to navigate it so well and we've grown up together! I don't wanna move on!

In all seriousness, though, I'd be perfectly fine with getting a MSN. I think I might have one maybe at some point, I could probably remember the username and password since I only have like 3 usernames and 3 passwords ever. Honestly, its whatever the most people want.

Nothing wrong with having both. I actually have both. Hell, I have two AIMs (one was made to trick a friend though, actually lol). I just didn't have as many people on AIM, and I got MSN first, and I didn't like the lack of customization with AIM. Everything about it just felt...old. Only people I know irl seem to use it. idk what that's about. But yeah, I just never use AIM anymore, because more people have MSN, and I just generally like it better.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
It happened. I broke down and got it. I am now MSN-capable.

Also, having a male abra mate with a female machop is fun, because when it hatches, I have two Pokemon with all 3 punches.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also, having a male abra mate with a female machop is fun, because when it hatches, I have two Pokemon with all 3 punches.

WHAT GENERATIONNNNN ;-; I want one! lol Oh and you should like add my MSN yeah. I think it's in my contact info on my profile.

What's Project Alpha Fan anyway?a Speed RUn?

Basically. Trying to beat the word record for the fastest time beating...whatever game you're trying to beat the record for, pretty much. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only good at the weird, obscure challenges.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

WHAT GENERATIONNNNN ;-; I want one! lol Oh and you should like add my MSN yeah. I think it's in my contact info on my profile.

Basically. Trying to beat the word record for the fastest time beating...whatever game you're trying to beat the record for, pretty much. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm only good at the weird, obscure challenges.
Why, Silver, of course.

Yeah, you all kinds of nailed it. We're getting Pokecommunity into Guinness Book of World Records: Video Game Edition.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Yeah, the Speed Demos Archive has videos of all the speed runs. Red/Blue is 1:59 segmented and 2:39 without saving. Yellow is 2:28 single segment, but there's no segmented video up there. R/S has a segmented but no single run.

As far as I know, Emerald is not on the site, nor are any Gen IV games.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
With this whole Project Alpha Fan thing, is it meant to be how fast you can do it in the real world, or how much game time you use, or are you allowed to use cheating programs to make the game go faster?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
With this whole Project Alpha Fan thing, is it meant to be how fast you can do it in the real world, or how much game time you use, or are you allowed to use cheating programs to make the game go faster?
no speeding, no cheating, and in-game time is the benchmark. Ofc, I am (somewhat) guessing here. Myrrh is the guy who formed the project, so he would know better.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
no speeding, no cheating, and in-game time is the benchmark. Ofc, I am (somewhat) guessing here. Myrrh is the guy who formed the project, so he would know better.
Actually, I wasn't the person that originally formed Project Alpha Fan. ChrisTom was, although I did become one of the probable two main guys for this one, and the only one that tried to revive it and stuff.

But jd is right. Guinness: VG goes by in game times for speed runs, and you aren't allowed to use any cheating/hacking/speeding devices. I think that using an emulator is possibly all right still, but using the actual cartridge would be much easier honestly. We can still do practice runs on the emulators and stuff, and when we're ready for the final showing, we can just have one person use the actual cartridge. I'm sure one of us will have it. I'm actually pretty sure that one of my friends has a copy of Red that I can borrow.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I was wondering because I saw this one guy using some cheat device which pretty much cut down all the time there. Speeding through all the menus and text and things like that.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I thought it would be fun to try some other generations too, though controlling running shoes and mach bikes will be extremely hard... I have a silver with working battery to show that off if we make it :)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
controlling running shoes and mach bikes will be extremely hard..

I'd like to think that I'm pretty good at controlling Running Shoes and Mach Bikes. xD

In other news, I think I'm actually going to resume doing some challenges tomorrow. Maybe get back to my 151 solos? :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I just accidentally deleted my Pearl save, so now I want to do a challenge on it. Does anyone have any ideas for it?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Yeah, I looked at the Sapphire run they have on the speed site, and he using the Mach Bike everywhere...ended up getting under two hours gametime, although if you read his notes, it took forever at certain places waiting for a critical hit or something, lol. And I have a working Blue cartridge, although I wonder how we are supposed to get a video of it.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Myrrh, I'm in the mood for Alpha, is it R/B/Y only or are we doing every Gen?

I got have a MSN, but I only use it when I resister to other Forums :V

Don't have a Skype though, going to though if I need to do it for the Alpha Fan.

EDIT: iirc no one done a (official) Speed Run of Gen III - Gen V, so PC can be the first wielder of the record.

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
How do you make... wait, this can wait 'till we have somewhere else to stalk (Oops, i leave it because its funny :P *talk) than the Happy Birthday thread :/

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I thought it would be fun to try some other generations too, though controlling running shoes and mach bikes will be extremely hard... I have a silver with working battery to show that off if we make it :)
My thinking is that we start with Blue, get really good with the process of doing Alpha Fan, and then once we for sure know what we're doing, we move on to other generations. I think we all agree that 1st Generation would be the easiest to do (no natures, no running shoes/Mach Bike, etc.)
Myrrh, I'm in the mood for Alpha, is it R/B/Y only or are we doing every Gen?

I got have a MSN, but I only use it when I resister to other Forums :V

Don't have a Skype though, going to though if I need to do it for the Alpha Fan.

EDIT: iirc no one done a (official) Speed Run of Gen III - Gen V, so PC can be the first wielder of the record.
Paragraph 1: See above
Paragraph 2-3: I think we're all going to use MSN. That seemed to be the most viable for everyone. VM/PM me your MSN email and I'll add you up.
Paragraph 4: See above. If nobody has set a record this long since the game has been out, I'm sure it can wait a bit longer. And plus, if we do it right, not only will we have the first record, but we'll have the record for a very, very long time.
How do you make... wait, this can wait 'till we have somewhere else to stalk (Oops, i leave it because its funny :P *talk) than the Happy Birthday thread :/
I agree. If everyone gets into this MSN group that I made, we can do it there. I was thinking of trying to have scheduled times that we can all meet. Otherwise... Actually, you know what? I have a better idea. Hold on a sec.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I'd like permission to reboot the Anime Challenge as the Character Challenge. The Anime Challenge is currently neglected, and by adding in other mediums, may see more, continuous traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back