• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oklahoma Airport Shooting

Years
I heard of this today while at the doctor's office. Oklahoma City police had to actually ground flights and shut down traffic in and out of the airport! Here's an excerpt:
Police shut down Oklahoma's busiest airport for hours Tuesday after the father of Kansas City Chiefs player James Winchester was shot to death.

The suspected gunman was found dead at Will Rogers World Airport from a gunshot wound that may have been self-inflicted, Oklahoma City police Capt. Paco Balderrama said.

The man, who wasn't identified, was found in a truck on the second level of the parking garage, Balderrama said.

This is a . . . strange shooting. The victim was targeted specifically, and only an investigation will link the two together, but it's scary to see, regardless, that a single man can shut down an Airport.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
I heard of this today while at the doctor's office. Oklahoma City police had to actually ground flights and shut down traffic in and out of the airport! Here's an excerpt:

This is a . . . strange shooting. The victim was targeted specifically, and only an investigation will link the two together, but it's scary to see, regardless, that a single man can shut down an Airport.

I work on a smallish international airfield, we take anything like a potential shooter super, super seriously. We'd shut down at even the hint of trouble to stop a potential hijacking.

Years
I work on a smallish international airfield, we take anything like a potential shooter super, super seriously. We'd shut down at even the hint of trouble to stop a potential hijacking.
It's actually good to hear from someone on the inside. I just so happened to bump into someone yesterday who's actually from Oklahoma. Her daughter is part of the TSA there and of course, she worried about her and that she still needs to catch a flight over there. It's more strange to me than anything else. There must have been something going on between the victim and the shooter. . .

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
It's actually good to hear from someone on the inside. I just so happened to bump into someone yesterday who's actually from Oklahoma. Her daughter is part of the TSA there and of course, she worried about her and that she still needs to catch a flight over there. It's more strange to me than anything else. There must have been something going on between the victim and the shooter. . .

Possibly. Remember though, the need for a rational motive is something that only applies to rational people. Someone who's willing to talk into an airport and gun somebody down does not seem very rational to me.

Back