• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Creating a usable, picture-displaying item

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
How would I create a script for a key item which, upon use, shows an image located in the Graphics/Pictures folder? I need the player to be able to use a map for treasure. I've attempted to replicate the Town Map script minus the borders but with little success...

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
How would I create a script for a key item which, upon use, shows an image located in the Graphics/Pictures folder? I need the player to be able to use a map for treasure. I've attempted to replicate the Town Map script minus the borders but with little success...
1. Change the switch and refreshes the map. At Common Events trigger an autorun event that shows a picture.
2. Shows a picture directly.
3. Use a script that shows a scene only with the picture. An example: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286554

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Thanks, I'll give this a try. It's the last thing I need to do before releasing a demo, so this really helps.

Back