• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ Heart of Soul ] Generation 2 Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
hgsstop_zps134b0cd0.png~original

Welcome to PokeCommunity's official generation 2 fanclub, a group for all of those wonderful generation 2 and Johto fans out there! Whether you're a fan of Gold, Silver, and Crystal or got into Johto during HeartGold and SoulSilver, this is the club for you!

Rules:

1. Be kind to others and follow all PC rules.
2. Try to be active. You guys help the club stay alive and thriving for others to join up and participate.
3. Enjoy your time in the club! We're all here to discuss the second generation and befriend each other, so let's be friendly and make sure the atmosphere here is pleasant.​

Easy enough, right?

Join Form:

Name:
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):
Answer a topic!:

Here is a list of all the Johto Pokemon.
Here is a list of all the Johto Pokemon Pokemon and their animated sprites.

Members:

1. Sheep (owner)
179.png
190.png

2. Daughter of Dawn
155.png
197.png

3. Castform
193.png
169.png

4. BlahISuck
228.png
246.png

5. Zach
158.png
157.png

6. Lilith
157.png
171.png

7. CloysterOyster
164.png
233.png

8. Water Gym Leader
230MS.png
199MS.png

9. Nymphadora
152.png
163.png

10. Yumetaro
200.png
198.png

11. Umbr30n
Ani227MS.png
197MS.png

12. xseed
181.png
196.png

13. Olli
167.png
217.png

14. Rhytham
158.png
163.png

15. BroChickaBowWow
152.png
172.png

16. krabbypatz93
156.png
208.png

17. Pokemount
212.png
248.png

18. Sector
227.png
248.png

19. Adventure
215.png
224.png

20. Wicked3DS
169.png
248.png

21. Zeratul
234.png
242.png

22. Ekdrah
169.png
168.png

23. Venitardus
160.png
168.png

24. Mister Oshawott
157.png
181.png

25. purplekirby54
154.png
206.png

26. Axeliira
154.png
171.png

27. DarkCloud1267
157.png
197.png

28. LucarioGuild7
157.png
186.png

29. Squirrel
194.png
194.png

30. AoTora
157.png
178.png

31. xall
176.png
208.png

32. RoreyG
196.png
181.png

33. Sapphire Dragon
196.png
227.png

34. bewbs
182.png
242.png

35. Absolus
196.png
215.png

36. SilverDunsparce
156.png
206.png

35. greenshrub
203.png
248.png

36. CleverCookies
208.png
248.png

37. Crypsis
248.png
158.png

38. Raging Umbreon
39. KamikazeSSoH
181.png
160.png

40. lemonhihi
212.png
230.png

41. Velveteenwolf
181MS.png
229MS.png

42. Imperator161
158.png
195.png

43. Relativity124
195.png
197.png

Topics:

1. What was the first Johto game you played?
2. What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?
3. When did you first start loving Johto?
4. If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?
5. Do you have any favorite fanart images of Johto Pokemon you like? Share them with us!
6. Which Johto Pokemon mega evolution is your favorite and why?
7. Who do you prefer, Phanpy or Teddiursa?
8. Have you played generation two remakes--HeartGold and SoulSilver?

Last edited:

Paige Berlitz

HAPPY SAINT PATTIES DAY
Years
Name:Daughter oof Dawn(Preferred to be called Serena)
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional):
155.png
and I guess I will have Umbreon
Answer a topic!: The first Johto game I played was Pokemon HeartGold because That was when I had a DS lol.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Absolutely no way that I won't be joining this club!`

Name: Michonne
Partner Pokemon:
193.png
169.png

Answer a topic:

What is your favorite Johto Pokemon and why?

This is a really hard one for me because there are so many Johto Pokemon that I just love. I can't really think of one that I don't like, haha. However once looking at all of them I must say that Yanma is my favorite. I mean what is cooler than a dragonfly Pokemon? The answer is nothing! This little guy is absolutely adorable and not too bad of a battler either. Yanma has a great movepool, really good Speed and Special Attack stats, and an awesome ability in Speed Boost to back that up. Overall this is nearly a flawless Pokemon that will always be one of my favorites.

Years
Gen II was by far my favourite.

Name: BlahISuck
Partner Pokemon:
228.png
246.png

I think I started playing Gold first? then Crystal then Silver. It was many years ago, so it's really quite a blur. I think I was about seven or eight, and it was truly the most magical era of my life, so the Metallic generation is very close to my heart. I know that the music touched me immediately, but something else about the region made it seem more cohesive than Kanto. Perhaps it was the local myth and the characters of the cities - in contrast Kanto just seemed like metropolis after metropolis, full of industry and technology, while Johto cities and towns had flavour, were rustic and relatable.

That National Park theme :') Probably has something to do with unabashed use of arpeggios.

Years
Joining y'all!

Name: ZachLMedia
Partner Pokémon:
158.png
157.png

What was the first Johto game you played?

I first played Gold when I was 5 years old. I loved it from start because of the music and how the games had full color and morning/day/night as a good feature. My favorite area to visit was Goldenrod City because of the music and all the stuff you could do there as well, especially the game corner.

Years
Welcome, guys! I'm in the process of adding everybody now.

@Dawn I'd prefer it if you could choose only Pokemon released in the second generation/Johto Pokemon, which means no Eevee (sadly). Mind updating your post? And I forgot to mention not to choose legendaries; there'll be special ways to get them later. Evolved forms are free reign.

@Chase I adore Yanma. Have way too many painful memories trying to find and catch one since as a kid I'd always either KO or just be unable to find one period. Part of me still considers it pretty elusive given how tough it was for me to get one. :o

@BiS The myth bit is definitely something I agree with; Ho-Oh's story and Ecruteak are actually big reasons why I adore Johto as much as I do. The region had a lot of great history and is very beautifully-designed.

@Zach Goooldenrod! Awesome area and probably one of my most-visited throughout G/S/C/HG/SS. And awesome choices for partners! (=

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Name: TwilightBlade
Two Johto Partner Pokemon:
157.png
171.png

Gold! I played GS in the stores before it released. o3o For Christmas, I got Gold while my twin brother got Silver. My dad didn't put the name tags on the Pokemon games, so it was just luck that I got Gold (I also randomly got Blue this way).

Typhlosion! He's the coolest fire type Pokemon ever. I love how the fire is on his back and how his name is based on typhoon and explosion. Way past cool. I had a habit of nicknaming Pokemon using the first letter of their final stage, like Amber the Ampharos or Hershey the Houndoom. Soo my starter was Thomas the Typhlosion. That just happens to be my brother's name.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Finally, a club to appeal to my love of Johto.

Username: CloysterOyster
2 partners: Noctowl and Porygon2
A current topic: I believe my first Johto game was Silver. I still have it and Crystal version too. Had the Gold version with a lv. 100 Houndoom, Ho-Oh and other great Pokemon but it was stolen. I will also answer the other 2 questions. My favorite Johto Pokemon would have to be Noctowl. He helped fly me around on the Crystal version and was always in my party. He knew Confusion, Hypnosis, Fly and either Dream Eater or Nightmare, I forget, but he was over lv. 80 and won me alot of battles. I first started loving Johto upon watching the anime episodes of it. Those were great times on weekends watching new episodes and playing the games.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Username: Water Gym Leader
2 partners: Kingdra
230MS.png
and Slowking
199MS.png

A current topic: My first Johto game was Gold. The region and story made me love the games and I was ecstatic when HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced. My first Johto Pokemon was Totodile. My first capture was Wooper cause I liked him so.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Name: Perdition Haze.
Partner Pokémon: Chikorita and Hoothoot.

I've had both Pokémon Gold and Silver, but if I remember correctly, I think Silver was my first. xD My parents gifted it to me as one of my birthday presents. I was very addicted to this game (not as much as Pokémon Blue, but I was still addicted nonetheless), and used to play it for hours whenever I had free time on my hands. On the weekdays, I used to turn this game on in my GameBoy color as soon as I got back home from school, and used to play it until five in the evening, which was usually my time to start doing homework. And on the weekends, I'd play it as soon I got up from bed until it was time for lunch. After lunch, I would play again until it was finally time for dinner, haha.

It would have to be Chikorita. I love how cheerful this Pokémon could be, and the way that it spins around its leaf on its head is actually quite cute! Also, when it finally evolves into Meganium, it gets a gigantic boost in its defensive stats, allowing it to be a very powerful tank. Meganium has access to some of the greatest supporting moves, such as Aromatherapy and Leech Seed. Aromatherapy enables it to restore the status effects of all of its fellow team members, and with Leech Seed, you're able to steal a bit of health from the opponent on every turn.

When did you first start loving Johto?
When I was first introduced to Pokémon Gold and Silver, of course! :) Many of my friends became a fan of the Johto region thanks to Johto Journeys though, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many episodes from this particular anime season.

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
Years
Name: Yumetaro
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Misdreavus and Murkrow
Answer a topic!: I first played Gold on an emulator, somewhere in 2011, I think. But I didn't complete the game past the 3rd Gym Leader. (Darn you Whitney and your glorified cow!) I decided to get SoulSilver two years later. I wasn't disappointed at what I was presented with. I got my team all the way to the Indigo Plateau and attempting to defeat the Elite Four.

Years
Welcome to the club, all! You've all been added! <33

Name: TwilightBlade
Two Johto Partner Pokemon:
157.png
171.png

Gold! I played GS in the stores before it released. o3o For Christmas, I got Gold while my twin brother got Silver. My dad didn't put the name tags on the Pokemon games, so it was just luck that I got Gold (I also randomly got Blue this way).

Typhlosion! He's the coolest fire type Pokemon ever. I love how the fire is on his back and how his name is based on typhoon and explosion. Way past cool. I had a habit of nicknaming Pokemon using the first letter of their final stage, like Amber the Ampharos or Hershey the Houndoom. Soo my starter was Thomas the Typhlosion. That just happens to be my brother's name.

Typhlosion is definitely the coolest fire type we have, and one of the 'mon I'm most attached to from the generation. He was my most-used starter and even though I didn't use him much in HeartGold/SoulSilver he will always hold a special place in my heart. <3

Finally, a club to appeal to my love of Johto.

Username: CloysterOyster
2 partners: Noctowl and Porygon2
A current topic: I believe my first Johto game was Silver. I still have it and Crystal version too. Had the Gold version with a lv. 100 Houndoom, Ho-Oh and other great Pokemon but it was stolen. I will also answer the other 2 questions. My favorite Johto Pokemon would have to be Noctowl. He helped fly me around on the Crystal version and was always in my party. He knew Confusion, Hypnosis, Fly and either Dream Eater or Nightmare, I forget, but he was over lv. 80 and won me alot of battles. I first started loving Johto upon watching the anime episodes of it. Those were great times on weekends watching new episodes and playing the games.

Ooh, it's always great hearing stories of underused Pokemon being so useful. Almost makes me want to use Noctowl in my next second generation game playthrough. :o

Username: Water Gym Leader
2 partners: Kingdra
230MS.png
and Slowking
199MS.png

A current topic: My first Johto game was Gold. The region and story made me love the games and I was ecstatic when HeartGold and SoulSilver were announced. My first Johto Pokemon was Totodile. My first capture was Wooper cause I liked him so.

Gold was my first as well, I believe, and Wooper made an absolutely awesome team member. Not the strongest but definitely a great tank and attacker nonetheless.

Name: Perdition Haze.
Partner Pokémon: Chikorita and Hoothoot.

I've had both Pokémon Gold and Silver, but if I remember correctly, I think Silver was my first. xD My parents gifted it to me as one of my birthday presents. I was very addicted to this game (not as much as Pokémon Blue, but I was still addicted nonetheless), and used to play it for hours whenever I had free time on my hands. On the weekdays, I used to turn this game on in my GameBoy color as soon as I got back home from school, and used to play it until five in the evening, which was usually my time to start doing homework. And on the weekends, I'd play it as soon I got up from bed until it was time for lunch. After lunch, I would play again until it was finally time for dinner, haha.

It would have to be Chikorita. I love how cheerful this Pokémon could be, and the way that it spins around its leaf on its head is actually quite cute! Also, when it finally evolves into Meganium, it gets a gigantic boost in its defensive stats, allowing it to be a very powerful tank. Meganium has access to some of the greatest supporting moves, such as Aromatherapy and Leech Seed. Aromatherapy enables it to restore the status effects of all of its fellow team members, and with Leech Seed, you're able to steal a bit of health from the opponent on every turn.

When I was first introduced to Pokémon Gold and Silver, of course! :) Many of my friends became a fan of the Johto region thanks to Johto Journeys though, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch many episodes from this particular anime season.

That's great! Sounds like you were really obsessed with playing. My situation was similar as well, though getting stuck in the Ice Cave wasn't the most pleasant of memories. D:

Name: Yumetaro
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please): Misdreavus and Murkrow
Answer a topic!: I first played Gold on an emulator, somewhere in 2011, I think. But I didn't complete the game past the 3rd Gym Leader. (Darn you Whitney and your glorified cow!) I decided to get SoulSilver two years later. I wasn't disappointed at what I was presented with. I got my team all the way to the Indigo Plateau and attempting to defeat the Elite Four.

Everyone suffers through Whitney at one point so consider it a tradition, hehe. So you haven't ever beaten G/S/C or SoulSilver? :o I do recommend it when you have time!

Yumetaro

MAI RIBBONS
Years
Everyone suffers through Whitney at one point so consider it a tradition, hehe. So you haven't ever beaten G/S/C or SoulSilver? :o I do recommend it when you have time!

I am at the Elite Four in Soul Silver, and I am just now beating Morty.

Years
I am at the Elite Four in Soul Silver, and I am just now beating Morty.

Neat! I still need to catch up with the second replay in my HeartGold game. Am never going to finish that unvolved challenge. ;_;

Anyways, time for a topic!

If you could own one Johto Pokemon and one only, which one would you pick and why?

Years
Houndoom! It's one of my most favourite Pokemon. Nah, it is my favourite Pokemon. I always liked its dark nature and how it's a demon dog from hell.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Name: Umbr30n
Ani227MS.png
197MS.png

Pokémon Silver was my first one, I believe. I had a rather fond liking for Skarmory (I heard of it from someone) when I first had it, so it was lucky I had the right game.

What is your favorite Johto Pokémon and why?

You're kidding right? My favourite would have to be Umbreon because it's just awesome, and it's a good wall in battle that could gradually take down Pokémon with Toxic while healing itself over and over with Moonlight. And maybe throw in a few Curses and Paybacks along the way. But, without a Soothe Bell, it's stupendously hard to get, even with haircuts.

Years
Houndoom! It's one of my most favourite Pokemon. Nah, it is my favourite Pokemon. I always liked its dark nature and how it's a demon dog from hell.

Houndoom is definitely one of the coolest Pokemon overall, and was definitely a great way to introduce dark types to us. Awesome choice!

Name: Umbr30n
Ani227MS.png
197MS.png

Pokémon Silver was my first one, I believe. I had a rather fond liking for Skarmory (I heard of it from someone) when I first had it, so it was lucky I had the right game.

You're kidding right? My favourite would have to be Umbreon because it's just awesome, and it's a good wall in battle that could gradually take down Pokémon with Toxic while healing itself over and over with Moonlight. And maybe throw in a few Curses and Paybacks along the way. But, without a Soothe Bell, it's stupendously hard to get, even with haircuts.

Welcome to the club! Baha, I totally know how hard it is to pick a single favorite Johto Pokemon. 8D; I never did use walls much back during the G/S/C days but once I got a bit older and started replaying, Toxic was my choice for Umbreon too. He tanked just about everything while the poison whittled down the opponent's HP.. very useful.

Had to pick 1 Johto Pokemon...Hmmmm...I'd have to go with Kingdra. It's a very versatile Pokemon to have on a team.

Kingdra is a pretty great Pokemon, especially given that it loses its ice weakness being part water. Clair's always gave me so much trouble. :(

Anyways, I'm going to drop off an obligatory topic on second generation Pokemon fanart! Do you have favorite images of any Johto Pokemon you like? I was just on Tumblr and one of the people I follow posted an amazing fanart of Typhlosion which I wanted to share with you guys.

Spoiler:

By the way, guys, you're free to start topics anytime! I'd love to see what you all have to add to the club discussions.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
Years
Name: Xseed
Two Johto Partner Pokemon (optional; no legends please):ampharos and espeon

crystal was teh first I played....though I never really played it that much to it not saving. so techinically my first would be soulsilver. Oh god I love that game. best main pokemon game EVER

espeon. I simply LOVE cats. espeon also has great stats too and with those stats it can take down any nasty threat with its psychic attack.
another favorite of mine is ampharos. I have loved it since the ggbeggining of time. its design is amazing(plus I have a secret love of the color yelllow lol oops spoiled the secret). has great sp.atack and an execellent move pool. their is no electric mon that I like more than ampharos(sorry pika)

when did you first started loving johto?
techinically soulsilver even though I started with crystal. I explained why above lol. and to this day their is NO region I like more than the johto region. none. nada zippity zoop

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
The second generation is my all-time favourite, and has been so for over 10 years now, so it's about time I'm joining this club :p

Name: Olli97
Two Johto Partner Pokemon: Hard decision. I never really got any specific favourites of the region, as my teams always varied, so I never really used any enough to ever actually deem them my favourites. Well, apart from Lugia, but since I can't choose legendaries, that isn't really a possibility. I guess I used Cyndaquil a lot as well, but I don't really know. Spinarak and Ursaring will always have a place in my heart though, so I'll stick with those :)
dpicon167.png
&
dpicon217.png

First and only Johto game I've ever played (unless you count all the times in which I stole my brother's Gold version for some reason or another) is Silver. My mom bought both Gold and Silver for me and my brother back in like '02, as we were both huge Pokemon fans back then, but the only game we had was a single Blue version, and my mom was getting tired of us constantly fighting over who got to play it, so she finally decided to buy us each a next generation game. And I loved it. I don't know how many times I've played through the games or how many hours I've spent on it, but it still filled much of my time waaay after the release of R/S/E, as I actually still enjoyed it more than those games. I eventually let friend borrow it though, and he ended up losing the game, so I unfortunately don't have it anymore :( That lead to me stealing my brother's Gold version again (which didn't even matter at that point, since he didn't play it anymore), but unfortunately the battery had died. Kinda sad for him as well though, as he had caught a great deal of all the Pokemon in the Pokedex and trained like half up to level 100.

But yeah, I've been contemplating getting myself another Silver version, although it may be a better idea to get HG/SS :p

Lugia. Has been so like ever since I caught it for the first time. I'd spent countless hours searching for it, after I'd witnessed it wrecking my brother's team, which consisted of the three legendary birds in level 100 as well, and knew I wanted it, but the guy wouldn't tell me where I could find it, and as I had no idea that the internet was a giant source of information back then, so I went out into the region of Johto in search of Lugia, and I eventually found it, hidden deep within the Whirl Islands. Catching it wasn't very hard from what I remember, but I was definitely surprised at how strong it turned out to be, and from that point on, it became a staple of my team. It became one of my main Pokemon, it hardly ever left my team, and I carried it over to every new save I made, and I kept the same one with me all the way to the end (the end being when my friend lost it. He probably restarted the game as well, meaning Lugia was gone before he lost the game). I think the reason it's my favourite, is entirely because of the way I found it, and how much I wanted it, even though I've probably actually used my Typhlosion more. But yeah, it's definitely my favourite second generation Pokemon ;)

Pretty much as soon as I took my first step into the region. Well, I only really had a positive outlook at it right from the get-go, as I knew I was no longer gonna have fights with my brother over whether I could play the game or do certain things, and I didn't think it was possible that a Pokemon game could suck. So I kinda loved it right away, without much reason behind it :p But yeah, the game turned out to be great anyways, I loved all the Pokemon, and for some reason I kinda see them, along with the first generation Pokemon, as the real and original Pokemon, but I think that's mainly because they were the ones that filled up the most of my childhood, and it just kinda felt off once we moved into the advanced era, where the graphics went up quite a bit, and it just felt less... Pokemon-y :p I still love all the other generations of Pokemon as well though :p

But yeah, I also really, really loved the Johto as a region. It's still one of my favourite layouts to date, and I especially like how the order you take the gyms in between the 5th and 7th is completely up to you, even though it may not have been intentional :p There's quite a lot of travelling around if you don't get Fly though (which is very likely in G/S/C, as you aren't just given it once you finish the gym, but rather have to find out yourself. But that just gives more opportunities to check out the region, I guess ;) Although Pokemon games aren't quite as immersive, so I guess most people would find that more boring than interesting :p

All in all, I love Johto, and even though some of it may just be bias, I won't change my mind about that :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back