• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen You are only allowed one pokemon

Years
New regulations in Hoenn, only one Pokemon permitted to each trainer.

Prof. Birch is really sorry about the government bureaucracy. To try to make the situation more pleasant he's going to do his best to give you as many options as possible, since its the only Pokemon you will ever get its the least he can do to help out.

You can have any Pokemon so long as it originates from Hoenn, but it will be your one and only partner on the journey.

Choose wisely...

Delphine

in that case, I choose Tropius

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
One of the starters, or Banette. I'd like to say Shedinja but I don't think I'd survive in the wild.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
aw i wish this thread wasn't about Hoenn specifically because I can sweep the hell out of Kanto with the Farfetch'd you trade for in Vermillion City.
as for RSE probably a Swampert. gotta get those water HM moves.

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I would pick a pokemon that can learn different types of moves and I will pick Castform.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Rayquaza.

It Flys, it Surfs, it can Waterfall, it has a broken ass mega so I beat everything, and if anybody gets the idea for whatever reason to try and awaken a cataclysm-inducing Pokemon or two, well, I can fix that. A meteor just so happens to be on a crash course with the world? I got that shit covered too. Does everything you need really.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Why exactly Birch has it and is giving it to me is another story tho.....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2018
Surprised nobody has said this yet ...

8bd03c3643bb52c726cac4660d53d1419f831091_hq.gif

- Remember we're talking Hoenn so you would need something that can either fly or surf ...

NO NEED !

- Teleport
+ Moveset Psychic, Shadowball & Thunder and you pretty safe
+ Who wouldn't want to travel around with a Gardevoir ?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
Probably An Hacked Kyogre (It Has 150 Sp.Atk Base Stat) With These Moves:
1) Water Spout (8PP, Hits Both Foes, 150~Dmg + Stab + Rain + Mystic Water = 315~Dmg)
2) Water Spout
3) Weather Ball (16PP, Hits A Single Foe, 100~Dmg + Stab + Rain + Mystic Water = 210~Dmg)
4) Crunch (24PP, Hits Water Absorb Pokemons & Hits Shedinja, 80~Dmg)

Or Maybe An Hacked Moltres (It Has 125 Sp.Atk Base Stat) With These Moves:
1) Eruption (8PP, Hits Both Foes, 150~Dmg + Stab + Charcoal = 240~Dmg)
2) Eruption
3) Muddy Water (16PP, Hits Both Foes & Hits Flash Fire Pokemons, 180~Dmg If Sup.Effective)
4) Razor Leaf (40PP, Hits Both Foes & Hits Thick Fat Pokemons, 110~Dmg If Sup.Effective)

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I really want a Skitty. :) I don't care if they're 'weak'; they're like the cutest of cute when it comes to cat like pokemon X3;

If I can have a legendary i'd probably pick Jirachi over Skitty though. Jirachi is probably even cuter to me xD Even if it isn't pink like Skitty is :P (pink's still my favorite color lol)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
If I have to choose a cute one, I say Espeon (with "Psychic" move), I always liked it aesthetically, and with the hacked moves its the strongest cute 3rd gen pokemon, and to be honest... its the strongest cute even without hacks... but if I need to choose for a legendary one, I'll probably go for an hacked Jirachi (with "Psychic" and "Meteor Smash" moves) or for a normal/legit Celebi (with Psychic and Giga Drain moves) anyway, of these three pokemon that I mentioned, Espeon its the strongest

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Zangoose will be my bud. There are ferries for crossing water d:

Years
huuu Altaria, I think? Or Delcatty. I love gen III Pok?mon so the choice is really hard. Maybe Banette too, as my first ever lv. 100. <3

Years
I'd have to go with one of my all time favorites, Beautifly!

Who wouldn't want an adorable butterfly as their companion?

Back