• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Pokémon Fire Red Hacked Engine

Years
  • Age 53
  • Seen Aug 30, 2017
So, I'm having trouble with a few commands and hoping some could help me out.
The commands are :
Special 0x58 – Wild Pokémon Data Switch
Special 0x16 – Change Pokémon species
Special 0x52 – Temporary Status inducer
so if someone could just walk me though the making of thes script that would be very help full

Turtl3Skulll

Blue Turtl3
Years
Special 0x2f - key dumper.
If anyone knows how JPAN's example work in his guide, please explain.
Adding things up in the binary calculator is what I don't understand how to do.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I'm having problems applying the hack using the hacktool.

When I try to apply certain hacks, such as the OW hacks or whiteout hacks, I have a problem where it won't progress.
It'll ask for a variable for something(EX: variable for dynamic OWs for the OW hack, a variable for the pokemon level switch hack, or a variable for the map etc for the whiteout hack) and no matter what I input and no matter how many times I input it, the exact same box will pop up and ask for the exact same thing, and it will not stop.

Am I missing something, or am I doing something wrong? If so, what is it?
Thanks in advance for any help. ^^

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I'm having problems applying the hack using the hacktool.

When I try to apply certain hacks, such as the OW hacks or whiteout hacks, I have a problem where it won't progress.
It'll ask for a variable for something(EX: variable for dynamic OWs for the OW hack, a variable for the pokemon level switch hack, or a variable for the map etc for the whiteout hack) and no matter what I input and no matter how many times I input it, the exact same box will pop up and ask for the exact same thing, and it will not stop.

Am I missing something, or am I doing something wrong? If so, what is it?
Thanks in advance for any help. ^^

It took me a bit to figure this out, but JPAN set restrictions on what vars you can use. However, poor coding on his part, he didn't share those restrictions, at least that I could see. The vars that I found to work tended to be between 4050 and 40FF, which are the safer ones anyway. You can always apply the hack and then use a little hex editing to change the var to a different one later.:P

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
It took me a bit to figure this out, but JPAN set restrictions on what vars you can use. However, poor coding on his part, he didn't share those restrictions, at least that I could see. The vars that I found to work tended to be between 4050 and 40FF, which are the safer ones anyway. You can always apply the hack and then use a little hex editing to change the var to a different one later.:P

Ah, thanks. Now I can finally get that hack applied. :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
somebody knows how to make a really good move tutor, i want to do so with special 0x17 but it teach the move to all pokemons, and that make illegal pokes, i need to make one similar to the moves teacher in the game, is this possible???

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
somebody knows how to make a really good move tutor, i want to do so with special 0x17 but it teach the move to all pokemons, and that make illegal pokes, i need to make one similar to the moves teacher in the game, is this possible???

Okay, I'm no expert on hacking, but I have a suggestion. Try using something like XSE to open the script for a move tutor currently in the game. Look at the data and try to figure out how it works, it shouldn't be too difficult(I think). Then copy the script and modify it to fit your specifications.

Note: I don't know for sure how easy/hard this might be or if it will be completely successful. Just a thought. If anybody has some actual information, feel free to be more helpful than me. :P

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

You need to goto HEX, to do that.

Anyway, here's an example of the script

#org @Start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @AlreadyLearnt
msgbox @WantToLearn
boxset 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @DontWant
setvar 0x8005 0x1 (Setvar 0x8005 0x1 is reserved for Mega Punch I think, you'll need to goto into HEX to change it).
special 0x18D
setflag 0x200
release
end

Here's a guide
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4141210&postcount=258

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
You need to goto HEX, to do that.

Anyway, here's an example of the script

#org @Start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x200
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @AlreadyLearnt
msgbox @WantToLearn
boxset 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x1 goto @DontWant
setvar 0x8005 0x1 (Setvar 0x8005 0x1 is reserved for Mega Punch I think, you'll need to goto into HEX to change it).
special 0x18D
setflag 0x200
release
end

thank you, but what i want is to keep those moves (maybe change to pay version and infinite relearned). I want to make a new ones, those from emerald and do the same thing, is this possible????

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
hello ^^

i have a big problem with this patch,there are some tiles are bugged,and i cant solve how to change them,i tried with a lot of fire red versions but nothing....

i verified and the tile that is bugged is the black tile,how can i change them to black?

ah,also A-map is not working well because the pallet town map in fire red,in the rom is bugged,but in A-map it seems normal..

how can i solve those two problems?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
hello ^^

i have a big problem with this patch,there are some tiles are bugged,and i cant solve how to change them,i tried with a lot of fire red versions but nothing....

i verified and the tile that is bugged is the black tile,how can i change them to black?

ah,also A-map is not working well because the pallet town map in fire red,in the rom is bugged,but in A-map it seems normal..

how can i solve those two problems?

for the first change with the block editor.
for the second make sure you have a warp outside of the player's house and that he's connected to the one in the player's house. because if you get out of the house without a defined place to go to, you'll be stuck in border

Years
JPAN said:
Features
Support for over sixty thousand different OWs, as well as access to fourty-six hundred different palettes

JPAN, by this do you mean the pallets in Advance Map that you use to make new tilesets?

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2015
JPAN, if you ever come back to this patch, PLEASE make a cancel button for the patcher. I am tired of being met with unexpected dialogue boxes that I can't close.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
This is so awesome, good thing I haven't really started much on my hack. I can still patch it :D

Edit: Nope, nevermind. My rom died on me after I applied it.. This patch seemed so awesome though. Oh well.

Last edited:

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
This is so awesome, good thing I haven't really started much on my hack. I can still patch it :D

Edit: Nope, nevermind. My rom died on me after I applied it.. This patch seemed so awesome though. Oh well.

That's because the patch version clears all existing scripts and events. It's meant for clean ROMs. If you wanted to apply some of the stuff in the engine, use the program.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
That's because the patch version clears all existing scripts and events. It's meant for clean ROMs. If you wanted to apply some of the stuff in the engine, use the program.
I patched it on a clean rom then tried to insert some music with sappy. The game started up as a white screen. Am I just inserting the music wrong? Or is it because the engine doesn't support music? I swear it plays correctly in sappy.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
I patched it on a clean rom then tried to insert some music with sappy. The game started up as a white screen. Am I just inserting the music wrong? Or is it because the engine doesn't support music? I swear it plays correctly in sappy.

You probably inserted the song wrong. I've used the patch quite a few times and the music works fine. I can't say I know much about inserting music though so I can't be certain what you did right or wrong.

Back