• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Date of Birth Challenge

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
sorry havn't been posting updates, not relly been playing latly! but anyway so far:

picked Bulbasaur, delivered package (lazy old man) but whats this? i sense deja vu... someone has hacked the matrix... and Golem appears before me! consider it caught, although difficult with pokeballs, screw Bulbasaur.

Brock was easy although cant remember what level I was, breezed through mt. moon, and on the other side, caught myself an Ekans. Then trained it for ages till it was near the same level as Golem, and it evolved into Arbok. Smashed my rival, spoke to Bill and beat Misty, first time Golem has fainted.

Pokemon team now:

Golem lvl. 26/f
nature: Adamant; Ability: Rock Head

Magnitude
Rock throw
Mega Punch
Selfdestruct

Arbok lvl: 25/m
Nature: Adamant; Ability: Intimidate

Bite
Wrap
Poison sting
Glare

ran straight to route 11, dodging as many trainers as i can, and the first pokemon i see is... Drowzee lvl: 13/f nature: calm; ability: Insomnia (thnk god it wasnt another ekans!!)

Now to train it up to match the other pokemons lvls!!

VanilluxeDeluxe

Best Ice-type ever!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
Name: VanilluxeDeluxe
Game: White 2
Pokemon: Liepard, Raticate, Mareep, Cubchoo, Zebstrika, and Route 11, since Route 1 can't be reached before post-game.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
DOB: 9/17/91
Name: Warrior Rapter
Game: Platinum
Team: Wooper, Lopunny, Sneasel, Bastiodon, Crobat, Route 209

Figured I'd start doing runs with my platinum means it's pretty much just sitting now. I tried to use my Rock and Purple choice to sort of help the team balance the team out, and give me a few I can get relatively early on. I should be ok with obtaining all of them by the end of the game. I'll start right away.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Name: Jeannes.Thinkin
DOB: March 16th 2000
Game: Platinum
Pokemon: Luxray, Ambipom, Wurmple, Shaymin (I'll use the walk through walls cheat to get to it, if that is ok), Mareep (I'm going to use the National Pokedex cheat to get the PokeRadar, if that is ok, and I'm going to evolve it), one of the Route 203 Pokemon (Zubat, Abra, Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, or Shinx) (Hoping for Zubat)

PS PM me to tell me what cheats I can and cannot use. (The ones I listed here)

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
First update, and probably last for awhile, as I was reminded why I probably haven't touched my DS in some time.

Started with Turtwig. Figured if I was only going to use the starter for a little bit, I'd use one that can hold it's own till I got the first pokemon for the team. Which was a Zubat I called Dracula. I kept Turtwig with me for a little while (don't hate me) as I leveled up Dracula, teaching him Return from the TM from Rowan. I had been having a little bit of trouble getting my charger for the DS to work at first, so I thought I'd go as far as I could, then when the light turned red, I'd try to find a way to fiddle with it so it would charge while I wasn't playing. That came to an abrupt halt as during the fight with the Lass who has Psyduck outside Oreburgh Gate on 203, as my top screen randomly started to dim on it's own, eventually just going completely black. I'll go ahead and let it charge, just in case I can continue, otherwise, it may be a bit.

Dracula (Zubat) lvl 9? (don't remember if he leveled after the Psyduck fight)
Leech Life
Supersonic
Return
Astonish

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Trained drowzee and it evolved into Hypno! Ran back fought all trainers, obliterated SS.Anne including my rival and then went through digletts cave to get flash, caught myself a diglett to teach it cut, that is all it is used for. come out caught a spearow traded for farfetched, decided to use farfetched for cut instead as will b using it for fly later on. Its only a HM slave!!

Faced LT.Surge and won, surprisingly only used Arbok for this fight {D:}

Arbok: Lvl 29/m
Bite
Wrap
Dig
Glare

Golem: Lvl 31/f
Magnitude
rock throw
Mega Punch
Rollout

Hypno: Lvl 30/f
confusion
hypnosis
headbutt
poison gas

I proceeded through to Rock Tunnel and caught a voltorb just before i went in to teach it flash, ran through Rock tunnel beating everything and come out the other side. Worried about pokemon possibly not listening to me if they get stronger so ran to Erika as quick as I could dodging as many trainers as possible.

Erika proved a bit of a challenge and Arbok sucked during this match, paralyzed and missed so often then fainted. Pfft no match for Hypno though

Arbok: lvl 34/m
Bite
Wrap
Dig
Glare

Hypno: Lvl 35/f
Cofusion
Hypnosis
Headbutt
Psycic

Golem Lvl 35/f
Magnetude
Rock Slide
Mega punch
Rollout

Now Pokemon upto 50 listen to me. Went into game corner, Laid waste to team rocket, with the silph scope went back to Lavender, beating all trainers I had previously missed, and smashed rival inside pokemon tower. Pokemon tower was a breeze and now I have Poke flute.

Heading to Fushcia city via Bicycle path because I missed fly so have to go back to celedon anyway and I want to catch my last three pokemon so I need the Good rod and surf with venonat available in the safari park if i so wish otherwise I go onto route 12. Will repost soon!

VanilluxeDeluxe

Best Ice-type ever!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
I'm gonna have to resign for now. It is a NIGHTMARE trying to train Purrloin, and I don't think I have the patience to grind. I might do this again one day with a different game.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
DS is working better today, so I got a bit done. Had to use Turtwig to get past the first gym (don't hate me, beating Roark with just a Zubat was just not working, but Zubat did get the final KO in the battle so), and after a few storyline parts, I caught a female Buneary in Eterna Forest, which I called Lola. Dracula also evolved on me shortly after, putting only his happiness value between me and Crobat for the final team. Once in Eterna, where I'm ending for the night, I immediately went to the Underground Man and got the Explorer Kit, and would you believe it, the very first thing I dug out of the wall was an Armor Fossil. So, first item on my agenda for the next time I get on is going back to Oreburgh and reviving the Shieldon for the team.

Lola lv. 18
Pound
Rock Smash
Quick Attack
Endure

Dracula lv. 22
Wing Attack
Bite
Return
Confuse Ray

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
First off, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Secondly, I've finally completed the Johto leg of this challenge, on a hack called Pokémon StormSilver. I think I forgot to post my team in my previous post, so here it is:

Spoiler:

I started this challenge in early November and have been playing on and off ever since, so I frankly don't remember much of it. I do, however, have a video of the battle against Red, as well as some screens:

Video:
Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:
Spr_4h_157.png

Volchid the Typhlosion, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: King's Rock
Eruption, ThunderPunch, Shadow Claw, Flamethrower

Spr_4h_018.png

Talontrap the Pidgeot, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: Choice Band
Fly, Close Combat, U-Turn, Brave Bird

Spr_4h_076.png

Terrabyte the Golem, Lv 85 (♀)
Item: Focus Sash
Earthquake, Strength, Hammer Arm, Rock Climb

Spr_4p_334.png

Bell Blue the Altaria, Lv 86 (♀)
Item: NeverMeltIce
Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam, Sky Attack, Toxic

Spr_4h_089.png

GrimeReapr the Muk, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: Muscle Band
Poison Jab, Shadow Punch, Brick Break, Curse

Spr_4d_332_m.png

Cacthyst the Cacturne, Lv 85 (♂)
Item: Rose Incense
Needle Arm, Drain Punch, Swords Dance, Dark Pulse

My next game will most likely be Emerald 386. My team will be as follows:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Yep, it's been a while (Sept 30) since my last update, but I am close to completing this challenge!

Update #2 on Volt White 2:
  • Left off on Route 5, so I made my way to Driftveil City.
  • After some training, I took on the gym. Clay was super tough and took several tries to defeat.
  • Went through Chargestone Cave to Mistralton City, then caught Artic the Cubchoo on Route 7 (yay for winter).
  • Trained Artic and the team on the new trainers I could access with Surf, and he evolved into Beartic!
  • Eventually took on Skyla in a triple Battle, who was tough as well. She took a couple tries to defeat.
  • Went through Reversal Mountain to Undella Town and defeated Julius there, then moved on to Lacunosa Town.
  • After Julius and I defeated Zinzolin, I moved on to Route 12.
  • My first encounter on Route 12 was a Combee, which I caught and named Hive Queen.
  • While training her up in Reversal Mountain, she evolved into Vespiquen!
  • Eventually I made my way to Opelucid City, where I took on the gym, and defeated Drayden.
  • Team Plasma was making trouble again, and I defeated Zinzolin for the second time there.
  • Reached Humilau City, talked to the Veteran in the Pokemon Center, then went to Chargestone Cave, where Zapdos was.
  • Caught it and named it Jupiter, then trained it up on trainers I skipped earlier.
  • Challenged the Humilau gym, and defeated Marlon without much issue, mostly thanks to Jupiter.
  • I am now saved on Route 21 after getting the Colress Machine.
Screens:
Spoiler:

Notable game changes in the hack that are applicable to my team:
Spoiler:
Team Drummer:
128.gif

Touchdown the Tauros, ♂ - L61 @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Moves: Thrash, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Surf
229.gif

Jezebel the Houndoom, ♀ - L61 @ BlackGlasses
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Flamethrower, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Super Fang
145.gif

Jupiter the Rash Zapdos - L62 @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightningrod
Moves: Thunder, Hurricane, Fly, Heat Wave
416.gif

Hive Queen the Serious Vespiquen, ♀ - L62 @ Leftovers
Moves: Acrobatics, Hurricane, Attack Order, Bug Buzz
301.gif

Scarlett the Delcatty, ♀ - L42 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Wonder Skin
Moves: Uproar, Work Up, Thunder, Shadow Ball
614.gif

Artic the Adamant Beartic, ♂ - L63 @ Muscle Band
Moves: Icicle Crash, Close Combat, Earthquake, Strength

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
Figured I'd give a little update on my run. Currently have 3 badges, Dracula evolved into a Golbat, which really helped against Fantina's ghosts. I grabbed the Earthquake TM to teach to Shieldon, which I named Guardian, as well as teaching him Secret Power and Lola Grass Knot as she couldn't do anything to ghosts with what she had. After Fantina, my trip to route 209 yielded a very lucky first encounter with a male Ralts (I checked, it was a 10% chance because it was night). I managed to get him with a Great Ball, and called him Vassar (bonus points to anyone who gets the reference). Needing to level Vassar a little, but I feel like the rest of the team is shaping up quite well now. Two more pokemon, Sneasel and Wooper (which I will likely go ahead and evolve to Quagsire), to go. Feeling pretty confident right now. Here's how the team is shaping up right now:

Vassar, lvl 19/M Ralts
Brave/Trace
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant

Lola, lvl 24/F Buneary
Sassy/Klutz
Cut
Rock Smash
Grass Knot
Endure

Defender, lvl 24/M Shieldon
Bashful/Sturdy
Earthquake
Secret Power
Taunt
Stealth Rock

Dracula, lvl 27/M Golbat
Serious/Inner Focus
Wing Attack
Bite
Return
Confuse Ray

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Tentative Join: Once the Pokemon Bank is available, I intend to pick up Pokemon Y for replay. I went ahead and generated my Pokemon though.

Name: Superstrength79
Game: Pokemon Y
Pokemon: Nidoran♀, Noibat, Croagunk, Charmander, Lillipup

Selection Process:
Spoiler:

I'll likely breed an egg for each and put the eggs in the bank; That way I am OT when they hatch. I won't bother with egg moves or nature/IV breeding.

Last edited:
Years
Aaand completed! :D

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

221f.gif

PillowPet
Female, Lvl 53
Serious Nature, Ability: Oblivious
Take Down
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Endure

229f.gif

Cera
Female, lvl 53
Naive Nature, Ability: Early Bird
Leer
Flamethrower
Bite
Faint Attack

108.gif

Jessie
Female, lvl 51
Quirky Nature, Ability: Own Tempo
Brick Break
Surf
Mega Punch
Strength

012f.gif

Hardy
Male, lvl 51
Timid Nature, Ability: Compoundeyes
Silver Wind
Hyper Beam
Sleep Powder
Psybeam

117.gif

Arielle
Female, lvl 52
Lonely Nature, Ability: Poison Point
Ice Beam
Twister
Hydro Pump
Surf

003f.gif

Liam
Male, lvl 55
Lax Nature, Ability: Overgrow
Sleep Powder
Frenzy Plant
Leech Seed
Razor Leaf

Last edited:
Years
Name: Flame999
Game: Ruby
Pokemon: Trapinch, Geodude, Wailmer, Relicanth (Never used him so now I will), Muk and Route 111 (anyone but Trapinch counts)

Name: Flame999
Game: Fire Red
Pokemon: Horsea, Primeape, Kingler, Aerodactyl, Haunter and Route 11

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
My Hoenn game turned out to be Expert Emerald, and I've already played about halfway though.

♦ Started up my game, chose Treecko, battled my rival, earned the PokéDex, and then started the actual adventure.
♦ I began by catching my Route member on Route 103, which turned out to be Doduo (named Triniwi). On the same route, I found a Wingull (named Pelicacy) and an Oddish (named Mimi Bella), whom I chose as my Grass-type.
♦ Trained them all up to Lv 12 before continuing.
♦ Went through Petalburg Woods and got to Rustboro City, where I battled and defeated Roxanne.
♦ ... and then Brawly and Wattson, after which I caught Vita Coco the Ponyta (my choice of a yellow Pokémon) and Beach Ball the Azurill.
♦ Made my way up to Mt. Chimney after having tracked down Team Magma (Aqua? I forget which one) in Meteor Falls, and took care of them there.
♦ Moved on to Lavaridge Town and defeated Flannery, who put up quite a fight.
♦ After the gym battle, I gained access to the desert and caught my final team member, Wingdra the Trapinch.
♦ Trained him up to be on par with the rest of the team, then saved.

Team:
Spr_3e_085.gif

Triniwi the Dodrio, Lv 43 (♀)
Item: None
Peck, Double Team, Uproar, Tri Attack

Spr_3e_279.gif

Pelicacy the Pelipper, Lv 42 (♀)
Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Shock Wave, Haze

Spr_3e_182.gif

Mimi Bella the Bellossom, Lv 40 (♀)
Giga Drain, PoisonPowder, Acid, Sleep Power

Spr_3e_078.gif

Vita Coco the Rapidash, Lv 42 (♀)
Flame Wheel, Take Down, Growl, Stomp

Spr_3e_184.gif

Beach Ball the Azumarill, Lv 43 (♂)
Water Pulse, Rollout, Double-Edge, Attract

Spr_3e_329.gif

Wingdra the Vibrava, Lv 40 (♂)
Rock Tomb, Crunch, DragonBreath, Wing Attack

Years
Name: Akihiko123
Game: Emerald
Pokémon: Sandslash, Pelipper, Slaking, Grass/Cradily, Yellow/Manectric, 104

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years

Final Update (#3) on Volt White 2:
  • Defeated Team Plasma and Zinzolin outside Seaside Cave, then followed them to Giant Chasm.
  • Defeated Zinzolin and Colress on board the ship, then took down the Shadow Triad as well.
  • Took on Ghetsis inside the Giant Chasm cave after defeating White Kyurem and defeated him.
  • Made my way through Victory Road and defeated Julius at the top of the mountain.
  • After doing some EV training and moveset finalizing, I used Rare Candies to get everyone to L76, then took on the Elite Four.
  • Shauntal was up first, and I used a team effort to defeat her.
  • Caitlin was soloed by Jezebel, who used up Nasty Plot + Dark Pulse mostly, with Flamethrower for Metagross.
  • Marshall was pretty tough as usual, but I had a surprisingly good contribution from Touchdown.
  • Grimsley took a team effort to defeat.
  • Finally Iris was up, and she was the toughest fight by far. Here's a video and play-by-play of the fight:

Video:
    Spoiler:

Screens:
Spoiler:

Hall of Fame:
Spoiler:

Notable game changes in the hack that are applicable to my team:
Spoiler:
Team Drummer:
416.gif

Hive Queen the Serious Vespiquen, ♀ - L76 @ Expert Belt
Moves: Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Attack Order, Heal Order
Final Stats: 219/176/185/153/179/71
301.gif

Scarlett the Delcatty, ♀ - L78 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Wonder Skin
Moves: Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball, Shadow Ball, Ice Beam
Final Stats: 229/131/144/195/138/195
145.gif

Jupiter the Rash Zapdos - L76 @ Leftovers
Ability: Lightningrod
Moves: Thunderbolt, Hurricane, Heat Wave, Roost
Final Stats: 256/148/157/264/153/187
614.gif

Artic the Adamant Beartic, ♂ - L77 @ Muscle Band
Moves: Icicle Crash, Aqua Jet, Close Combat, Swords Dance
Final Stats: 288/245/158/121/151/95
128.gif

Touchdown the Tauros, ♂ - L77 @ Life Orb
Moves: Double-Edge, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt
Final Stats: 225/218/169/78/131/212
229.gif

Jezebel the Houndoom, ♀ - L77 @ Leftovers
Moves: Flamethrower, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot
Final Stats: 236/162/112/218/150/187

Years
I'd love to do this challenge again - This time on Pearl or Diamond.

My team:
1. Spiritomb (Need to check on where I can find it) Edit* I cannot seem to get it because I don't have a console and therefor I don't have wi-fi. I cannot hack it in either so I will not use it. (Unless if I can change the pokemon to one before it or one after it in the pokedex)
2. Prinplup/Empoleon
3. Happiny/Chansey/Blissey
4. Abomasnow
5. Houndoom
6. First pokemon on route 212

Thankyou for the quick answer on Spiritomb dilema- I guess that I will be using only 5 pokemon for this run. (Who came up with the bright idea of getting a pokemon only with wi-fi?) and I am confirming Diamond as my game for this run.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Been a while since last update, had computer and internet problems! All sorted now, so will give a summery of where I am at:

• Went to Fuchsia City, got good rod, used Farfetched to fly back to Lavendar town.
  • Traveled down route 12, fished for Krabby, caught with Mild Nature
  • Went to grassy area, caught Venonat with Bold nature
  • caried down route battling trainers, back to Fuchsia
  • Defeated Koga, went safari zone got surf, then strength
  • Surfed to Cinnabar to catch Koffing, caught Koffing with Modest nature (making it use electric moves)
  • Flew back to Saffron, defeated team rocket and rival. Then defeated the two gyms there.
  • flew back to Cinnabar, defeated Blain and am now on one island.

Pokemon are now:

Hypno lvl 50 Calm f
Confusion
Hypnosis
Headbutt
Psycic

Arbok lvl 50 Adamant m
Strength
Acid
Dig
Glare

Kingler lvl 50 Mild f
Stomp
Water Pulse
Guillotine
Surf

Golem lvl 51 Adamant f
Mega Punch
Rollout
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Weezing lvl 50 Modest f
Sludge
Shock wave
Smog
Explosion

Venomoth lvl 50 Bold f
Psybeam
Leech Life
Psycic
Sleep Powder

Nearly there will post when completed!

Years
  • Age 27
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Finally completed the Challenge by beating the elite four, Arbok proved pretty much useless as expected lol.

Team at end:

:t097:
Hypno lvl 57 f Calm
Future sight
Psychic
Hypnosis
Dream Eater

:t076:
Golem lvl 58 f Adamant
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Rollout
Rock slide

:t024:
Arbok lvl 56 m Adamant
Strength
Acid
Earthquake
Glare

:t099:
Kingler lvl 57 f Mild
Return
Ice Beam
Guillotine
Surf

:t110:
Weezing lvl 57 f Modest
Sludge
Shock wave
Toxic
Thunderbolt

:t049:
Venomoth lvl 57 f Bold
Psybeam
Silver wind
Psychic
Sleep powder

was a fun game, as it was a team i definatly wouldnt of chosen therefore giving a different dynamic. Will try challenge again on Emerald soon. Thanks :)

Back