• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Well yes, but more specifically the colors aren't consistent among all the sprites: one must be able to generate the shiny sprite by simply changing the palette of the regular sprite, but this is what is happening:

Regular: lower torso and upper torso use same colors
Shiny: lower torso and upper torso use different colors

both backsprites use the regular sprite's colors, and this causes the corresponding color to break on the shiny back.

Yeah. You should be able to fix it by toying with the palette on the shiny sprite, I think.

Years
Xl4951b.png
- need recolor.
(sprite by fishbowlsoul90, OtaKun resized) back edited by me (base who?)
rVzEyUX.png

(sprite by leparagon) back by me. (original resized)

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Xl4951b.png
- need recolor.
(sprite by fishbowlsoul90) back edited by me (base who?)

rVzEyUX.png

The Ash-Greninja front could probably use a better pose, but sprite-wise it looks pretty good.

That Golem back is pretty good, but...

I did an update to golem shiny front and I did some fixes to Golem back to look like his front:
NX9dioy.png

This one has already been accepted. This back is actually in DS-style, while your's looks more like BW style. Besides, for larger Pokemon it's actually better if we don't see their whole body.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

I just want to say for the record that this version of Torracat > the version that is being accepted. Nonetheless, I QC'd that one too.

Old:
b0hqQOB.png

New:
mnWIk1r.png

Busted Mimikyu update

Old:
OLXRHGi.png

New:
ivI7kZF.png

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
mcbn, a lot of those sprites are old sprites that have already been replaced. Please stick to editing the sprites that are getting QC'd in the thread. As for 16 color, that's not a concern atm. We're focusing on getting the sprites looking good before we start touching color.

Actually iL1dan, I was gonna mention that your sprite was better. Great work!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Xl4951b.png
- need recolor.
(sprite by fishbowlsoul90) back edited by me (base who?)
rVzEyUX.png

Actually I resized the ash greninja
I'd like it if you credit me too :)

Flying Turtle

Some Random Ghost
Years
This may be nitpicking, but I think some of these are too big. I mean, Ribombee is supposed to be 20 centimetres (0'08") tall, yet her sprite takes almost all of the available space. Midday Lycanroc looks like a giant monster wolf, being the size of a Mudsdale :p These are just two examples, but there are many like these.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 23, 2017
Last edited by a moderator:

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
We already have that really great Araquanid sprite by Jagaer that Lucca posted above me how the hell did I miss that, so let's stick to that one, yeah?

aJ6VV5t.png

Lucca, as far as it being "too small," it really can't get much bigger within 64x64. I think it's perfectly fine as is.

Back