• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon HydroBlue

What do you think of starting out with a Bulbasaur?

• Good idea, makes it seem like the Manga!

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I like your idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, if you could get the other starters later.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Naw, it would be better to start with a Pikachu

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • You should keep the choice of all 3 starters

• Who cares?

• How 'bout the other Gen starters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years

Hi, I'm DaSpirit and have been lurking throughout PokeCommunity every now and then. I like Pokemon and I am even one of those people who dream of making their own Pokemon game. I have been making games for 2 years but I never finished one but don't worry, I will work hard to finish this one! I present to you-

phb.jpg

Made in:

Game Maker 6.x
The scripts are edits of Pokemon Beta's scripts
That means... THIS IS NOT A HACK!!!

Plot:

This game is a third version of Pokemon LeafGreen and Pokemon FireRed. I have many feaures planned and changes along the way. It will not be the same exact story, it will have many differences.

You start off as a simple person in Pallet Town. For your 11th birthday, you will be getting your first pokemon. You go to Pallets lab and you see he's not there so you try going out of town and Oak stops you! He tells you it's dangerous and you need a Pokemon for protection so he brings you to his lab. You choose you Pokemon and then your Rival gets to chose his Pokemon. You go outside but he stops you and battles you to test his Pokemon. You normally go on trough the Viridian City and through your first and second gyms but you will meet new characters along the way.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Features:

-New Custom Overworld Tiles
-Concepts from both the anime and the manga
-New Characters will help with your adventure
-If you chose, you can become part of Team Rocket...
-Planned to be 2 times longer then LeafGreen and FireRed(If I'm able to get Johto in)
-Challenge the Gym Leaders after you finish the game
-Secret characters that are based on real people

Media Center:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Videos
Spoiler:

Credits:

-Sunstroke(From YoYoGames and Game Maker Community) for making Pokemon Beta
-Dialg8-Idealist and Supporter

My Progress:

Spoiler:

Conclusion:

That's all for now. Tell me what ya think!
I Have lost interest in making this game. This game will be recycled into a new one. The new one will have a new battle system as well as a really good story. Once again, this game is over, it's dead, it's gone...

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
This looks like it could turn out interesting. Since you've been using the same sprite for the character all the time, I could give you a link to more trainer sprites, if you want.

Last edited:

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
...Kanto in DP style? AWESOME!

*BookMarks*
lol Thanks! Wait till you see my ideas and the new characters. Here's a hint:
She's from the manga and Red mets her in Viridian Forest- I think, I read it on serebii.

This looks like it could turn out interesting. Since you've been using the same sprite for the character all the time, I could give you a link to more trainer sprites, if you want.

No thanks. I have some sprites in there like Oak but I still didn't finish the main character, all I need to make is a running sprite.

I guess asking this will ruin what will happen later in the game but in the anime, the Battle frontier is in Kanto. Does anyone know the places they are in supposed to appear? I only know the battle pyramid but it moves but I remember it being near Pewter once.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
She's from the manga and Red mets her in Viridian Forest- I think, I read it on serebii.

YELLOW???? SQUEEEEET!!! Sorry, I do that sometimes.

Well, this looks very interesting. Kanto in DP style is...very interesting. And this is a game, so you can do, well, anything. :D Good luck!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Okay, It honestly looks, really, really cool :3 But the only thing I'm not feeling are the graphics D: they sort of remind me of Gale, which didn't exactly have the greatest quality of D/P/P tiles :x

I think you should give Kyledove's graphics a go, or perhaps higher-quality Platinum Tiles. Those might look nice :D

Simply my opinions :o Love the Dual Screen, btw!

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
YELLOW???? SQUEEEEET!!! Sorry, I do that sometimes.

Well, this looks very interesting. Kanto in DP style is...very interesting. And this is a game, so you can do, well, anything. :D Good luck!

lol thanks and you got the character right...

Okay, It honestly looks, really, really cool :3 But the only thing I'm not feeling are the graphics D: they sort of remind me of Gale, which didn't exactly have the greatest quality of D/P/P tiles :x

I think you should give Kyledove's graphics a go, or perhaps higher-quality Platinum Tiles. Those might look nice :D

Simply my opinions :o Love the Dual Screen, btw!

lol Thanks. Maybe if I increase the saturation to be like Kyledove's tiles, I can make it look better?

Battle Arena-Saffron City

Battle Dome-Lavender Town

Battle Factory-Cerulean City

Battle Palace-Seafoam Islands

Battle Pyramid-Pewter City

Battle Pike-Fuchsia City

Battle Tower-Tohjo Falls

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Hoenn)

Hope it Helps!

Thanks, when I tried to look there, it wasn't there.... but that was a few weeks ago...

How would anyone feel if I make it so you can always change between the Team Rocket clothes and normal clothes and then also get more clothes? lol

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
this game looks really good!

anyone besides me joinin Team Rocket?

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
this game looks really good!

anyone besides me joinin Team Rocket?

I know I'm joining Team Rocket lol. They're evil but you get rewards for missions...

I'm in need of a person who can make the Pokemon HydroBlue Logo. I want it to be like the Pokemon Diamond one but instead say HYDROBLUE(duh). Anyone wanna give it a try?

Once I get a good logo, I might release a video...

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I know I'm joining Team Rocket lol. They're evil but you get rewards for missions...

I'm in need of a person who can make the Pokemon HydroBlue Logo. I want it to be like the Pokemon Diamond one but instead say HYDROBLUE(duh). Anyone wanna give it a try?

Once I get a good logo, I might release a video...

Like this?

Hydroblue.png

This game has some potential. I like the DS screen thing. It opens up a world of possibilties for new features and such. The only thing I recommend is try using a more Pokemonish font, it might be the screens but it looks like the font is very wide. Either way this looks promising.

Minor

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Like this?

Hydroblue.png

This game has some potential. I like the DS screen thing. It opens up a world of possibilties for new features and such. The only thing I recommend is try using a more Pokemonish font, it might be the screens but it looks like the font is very wide. Either way this looks promising.

Minor
Thanks. The font is the same one from D/P but maybe it's cause my screens are low-res... When I update the screens which will probably be next week, then you could see everything better. I'm definatly using this in my title screen and logo.

I finished the title screen but I still need to upload it and such. Also, Youtube is giving me a hard time uploading the gameplay video, sorry! I'll try to get both up ASAP.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
Yeah youtube has been doing that alot lately i think its because of that whole youtube live thing that is going on well back on subject i like you game and i love the double screen gameplay it's awesome. :D

Years
Thanks for all the good comments everybody. DaSpirit, do you need any help making the video? I'm also coloring the logo now. Thanks Minorthreat0987.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Yeah youtube has been doing that alot lately i think its because of that whole youtube live thing that is going on well back on subject i like you game and i love the double screen gameplay it's awesome. :D

Yup, cause of Youtube, you people might get the video tommorow, after I talk to Diag8.

Thanks for all the good comments everybody. DaSpirit, do you need any help making the video? I'm also coloring the logo now. Thanks Minorthreat0987.
I'll talk to you on AIM about everything. Be on ASAP to get my message then be on at the time my message says.

Update- I put in my progress on the first post. Although you'll all see im not very far in terms of the engine(Pokemon Beta is far behind me actually), I still got something accomplished.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
Ok. I got on AIM. I responded to your replies. Be sure to check them and reply back.

Eh... you didn't have to tell me here....

This is nice! I take it you will be editing the sprites soon?

If by sprites you mean the characters then yes, I started editing a long time ago. I just need to finish everything except the walking but I only need the running now since I don't use the other sprites yet. Some characters like Yellow and Gold have already been sprited though...

I'll try to get the vid ASAP today as well as to work on the engine.

EDIT:
UPDATE:

Youtube keeps being stupid and messing up the resoultion and not uploading sometimes but whatever, here's the video:
Spoiler:

Because the resolution is bad, I'll improve the resolution on the screenshots later.
Does anyone notice anything in the video?

EDIT 2:
I high-resofied the images in the first post, take a look!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2009

No thanks. I have some sprites in there like Oak but I still didn't finish the main character, all I need to make is a running sprite.

I guess asking this will ruin what will happen later in the game but in the anime, the Battle frontier is in Kanto. Does anyone know the places they are in supposed to appear? I only know the battle pyramid but it moves but I remember it being near Pewter once.

:D Yellow!!!! OMG.

BTW, You should include Blue/ Green in the game and make a house for her.

Keep up the good work! The video was cool.

Back