• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 31, 2023
Hi ! I played increment emerald on my 3DS and the game is really great ! I shared the .cia I made for the 3ds with my friends so they can play too, but the thing is: We are really bad, so I'm just asking, will someday there will be an easy mode ? Or maybe just an option to remove the level cap ? I know this is a difficulty hack, so what I am asking is pretty dumb, but the game is a bit too hard for me, and maybe for a few other players too, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, so I'm really struggling to advance in the game and a easy mode or something that could make the game a bit easier for noobs like me would be great !

Probably not going to happen. To quote Buffel a few posts back,
Nah, normal mode is fairly easy already (for a difficulty hack at least). Making something any closer to vanilla difficulty would be a whole new hack.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 13, 2023
Hey! Thanks for letting me know about the Meloetta thing; excited to see how it pans out.

Also, wanted to say thanks. I'm rubbish at pokemon. I played gen1/2 a bunch and a bit of gen3 (mostly the remakes), and I browse r/stunfisk (reddit's competitive pokemon sub), but I'm really bad. I'm also in my 30s. Never played competitive. Or pokemon since gen3. But I think it's cool. And yours is the only hack I've seen that lets me experience competitive pokemon without making me feel small. I get that 'sleep/evasion clause' and banning baton pass or shadow tag and not running gimmick harvest trevenant sets is what's appropriate, competitively. But I haven't done any of those and yours is the only hack that lets me, well, experience the brokenness that is why half the bans on smogon/vgc/other pokemon metagames I can barely name exist. I'd read about FEAR but your trick room set made me realise what it was.

Basically, I wanted to say thanks. I played Radical Red (and no hate to soupercell or that dev team at all, different target audiences), but I barely got past the gen2 flying trainer in the museum (before gym1). And I learnt I couldn't use corviknight till like level 62 or something because it's evolution was delayed (i'm excited to experience gen8, and I only will in IE2.0; so far I've been using randomizers to get at unfinished pokemon). And I went to the first gym and found these cool strategies that I'd heard of for the first time (baton passing, funbro; sleep clause, megaray) were disallowed. And I realised I needed to grind, too. And then I played IE, and you gave us a pokemon that could basically solo the first gym 1v1 (rook!). You even gave us a hint! And I got access to broken op pokemon and enough hand holding that I have beat IE more than once. Without grinding (though with a fair bit of retrying gyms). Without needing to pick (vanilla) 'viable' pokemon. I had access to pseudo-legendaries (though I wish I'd met pre-steel-nerfs metagross frankly)!

So yeah. Wanted to post because I wanted to let you know how much we noobs appreciate IE. To a large audience, this is still what I find most accessible, and the most QOL and later-gen-pokemon, to someone who has no idea what dragalge's typing is (two of water/poison/dragon; but this is from the memories of the fight in petalburg woods).

I realise I gush, but do want to say thanks, from the bottom of my heart. I last owned a gameboy advance, and you largely are why I'm still into Pokemon today.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
It's not in the docs as it can be the same as it's essentially the same as vanilla; you can turn your device upside down if you really want to!
Frosmoth will be getting some changes, but I won't go quite that far - Volcarona doesn't get Ice Scales, Freeze-Dry or a 50% defense boost in Hail, so that'd all be a bit much on one mon! Glad you're enjoying it so far!
That makes sense, I had forgotten about the freeze dry and hail buffs! Speaking of ice scales… ice scales Lapras… just sayin' >;)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Will OHKO moves be changed in any way? Their dubious appeal is decreased even further in level scaling hacks like IE, as most major trainers have higher levels than player so they can't function at all. (I kinda forgot they existed until now and as such didn't use them in this hack, so if they're already changed under the hood then sorry!) Not to mention people dreading them in battle facilities. Some ideas for changes:
  • Sheer Cold deals double damage if used against a frostbitten opponent
  • Fissure is turned into Ground-type Hyper Beam clone (and given to Typhlosion, hint hint)
  • Horn Drill deals bonus damage based on how much the opponent's defence is lowered
  • Guillotine becomes a powerful, but inaccurate Steel move like Focus Blast
I'm not planning to change them, even though they're mostly just annoying. The frontier just wouldn't be the same without that one Walrein set!
Hey! Thanks for letting me know about the Meloetta thing; excited to see how it pans out.

Also, wanted to say thanks. I'm rubbish at pokemon. I played gen1/2 a bunch and a bit of gen3 (mostly the remakes), and I browse r/stunfisk (reddit's competitive pokemon sub), but I'm really bad. I'm also in my 30s. Never played competitive. Or pokemon since gen3. But I think it's cool. And yours is the only hack I've seen that lets me experience competitive pokemon without making me feel small. I get that 'sleep/evasion clause' and banning baton pass or shadow tag and not running gimmick harvest trevenant sets is what's appropriate, competitively. But I haven't done any of those and yours is the only hack that lets me, well, experience the brokenness that is why half the bans on smogon/vgc/other pokemon metagames I can barely name exist. I'd read about FEAR but your trick room set made me realise what it was.

Basically, I wanted to say thanks. I played Radical Red (and no hate to soupercell or that dev team at all, different target audiences), but I barely got past the gen2 flying trainer in the museum (before gym1). And I learnt I couldn't use corviknight till like level 62 or something because it's evolution was delayed (i'm excited to experience gen8, and I only will in IE2.0; so far I've been using randomizers to get at unfinished pokemon). And I went to the first gym and found these cool strategies that I'd heard of for the first time (baton passing, funbro; sleep clause, megaray) were disallowed. And I realised I needed to grind, too. And then I played IE, and you gave us a pokemon that could basically solo the first gym 1v1 (rook!). You even gave us a hint! And I got access to broken op pokemon and enough hand holding that I have beat IE more than once. Without grinding (though with a fair bit of retrying gyms). Without needing to pick (vanilla) 'viable' pokemon. I had access to pseudo-legendaries (though I wish I'd met pre-steel-nerfs metagross frankly)!

So yeah. Wanted to post because I wanted to let you know how much we noobs appreciate IE. To a large audience, this is still what I find most accessible, and the most QOL and later-gen-pokemon, to someone who has no idea what dragalge's typing is (two of water/poison/dragon; but this is from the memories of the fight in petalburg woods).

I realise I gush, but do want to say thanks, from the bottom of my heart. I last owned a gameboy advance, and you largely are why I'm still into Pokemon today.
Hey, thanks for the very detailed feedback! Very enjoyable read. Always makes me happy to hear that IE's delivering on the difficulty, but in a way that lets you decide how hard you want it to be (glad you appreciated Rook!). Sometimes you just want to have fun with the broken stuff.
That makes sense, I had forgotten about the freeze dry and hail buffs! Speaking of ice scales… ice scales Lapras… just sayin' >;)
Haha, I learned my lesson with Fur Coat. No more stat doubling abilities on things that have passable stats!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Excellent work on this ROMHack
Legitimately one of the best I've ever played

Question: My quick feet Combusken evolved but Blaziken did not receive speed boost. When I try to use ability pill I only get the option to switch to Blaze ability. Is Speed Boost not available on Blaziken or is this a bug?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 31, 2023
Excellent work on this ROMHack
Legitimately one of the best I've ever played

Question: My quick feet Combusken evolved but Blaziken did not receive speed boost. When I try to use ability pill I only get the option to switch to Blaze ability. Is Speed Boost not available on Blaziken or is this a bug?

You need an item called "Ability Patch". They become available after the 6th gym.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Hey, Buff! I was in the middle of mono-dark run and as I was trying to work out what new fun sets for my Umbreon, I wanted to ask; What do you think of Eevee from Let's go Eevee? Or the exclusive attacks from that game? The idea would be to either have a Eevee with unique stats (Think Eternal Flower Floette, for example) that knows these moves but can't evolve, Otherwise you could just add the attacks as signature moves for the Eeveelutions. I really don't want you to think I'm nagging or the like. I'm just wondering why others haven't tried this yet given all the other crazy things I've seen from other hacks. As far as I know only Radical Red has those moves at all.

Years
I had to create an account just to give thanks.
I hadn't played a pokemon game since Emerald came out almost 20 years ago.
This was my first time playing on set mode too, what a challenge!

This hack was awesome, incredibly well made.
The only (minor) bug I encountered is using Relic Song in double battles causes Meloetta to transform twice.
I don't even know if this is intended or not.

Thanks for the game. I will definitely start a new game when the update comes out.

13b2f44b1c1b9a8345ec5f43f5bd9091.jpg

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, Buff! I was in the middle of mono-dark run and as I was trying to work out what new fun sets for my Umbreon, I wanted to ask; What do you think of Eevee from Let's go Eevee? Or the exclusive attacks from that game? The idea would be to either have a Eevee with unique stats (Think Eternal Flower Floette, for example) that knows these moves but can't evolve, Otherwise you could just add the attacks as signature moves for the Eeveelutions. I really don't want you to think I'm nagging or the like. I'm just wondering why others haven't tried this yet given all the other crazy things I've seen from other hacks. As far as I know only Radical Red has those moves at all.
Hey! I've given the Eevee line many buffs already, and I'm not a big fan of the LGPE moves (those names are just bad, haha), so I don't really want to spend time coding effects and animations for them.
I had to create an account just to give thanks.
I hadn't played a pokemon game since Emerald came out almost 20 years ago.
This was my first time playing on set mode too, what a challenge!

This hack was awesome, incredibly well made.
The only (minor) bug I encountered is using Relic Song in double battles causes Meloetta to transform twice.
I don't even know if this is intended or not.

Thanks for the game. I will definitely start a new game when the update comes out.

13b2f44b1c1b9a8345ec5f43f5bd9091.jpg
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it! The Meloetta thing is definitely a bug, thanks for reporting it!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Is there any chance that a future version will have Flat Rules battles as seen in modern games (that is, team preview and pick 3 in singles and 4 in doubles after seeing the opponent's team) available?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
dangit that sucks...at least I picked challenge mode so the game wont be overtly as easy as sword and shield so there's that. While I'm not gonna get my hopes up for it I hope there'll be an option to disable EXP All in the future.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 31, 2023
dangit that sucks...at least I picked challenge mode so the game wont be overtly as easy as sword and shield so there's that. While I'm not gonna get my hopes up for it I hope there'll be an option to disable EXP All in the future.

You really can't over-level since there are caps in place and enemies scale to your Pokemon's level. If anything, disabling EXP all will make the game unnecessarily harder--it can get pretty hard even with EXP all, as it is.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Is there any chance that a future version will have Flat Rules battles as seen in modern games (that is, team preview and pick 3 in singles and 4 in doubles after seeing the opponent's team) available?
Nah, I never intended IE to be a multiplayer hack, so I won't be updating that side of it to modern standards. That's something that could reasonably be added to the battle engine upgrade at some point though, so if someone else feels like doing that it'll be included.
This is not sword and shield. The exp all itself does not make the game easier, it's only an issue if the game isn't designed around it, and surprisingly IE was, in fact, designed around it, so it's not a problem.
You really can't over-level since there are caps in place and enemies scale to your Pokemon's level. If anything, disabling EXP all will make the game unnecessarily harder--it can get pretty hard even with EXP all, as it is.
You can over level for a few of the early fights, though you'd have to grind for an insanely long time without cheating. I often see people playing Yda's easy mode/cheats hack of IE and spamming rare candies - they'll often run into Roxanne with a full party at the level cap, or take on the Route 110 rival at the cap, which is just ridiculous and ruins the early game difficulty.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Does Toucannon still learn Beak Blast? I just evolved mine and it got Fly instead. I suppose it'd make sense to relegate it to a higher level considering its utility but I wanna be sure.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 8, 2023
Hey, I love this hack, Im having a ton of fun.
I was thinking though, could you make Darmanitan's Zen Mode work like in Radical Red, where it turns Darmanitan into it's Zen mode without having to go below 50% HP

Back