• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéPositivity: What is your favorite part about the Sun & Moon anime?

Years
Let's spread some positivity here! What part of the Sun & Moon anime do you guys enjoy most? It can be anything -- the art, a specific character, the humor, the setting, etc. Even if you're not a fan of the saga, there might still be something about it you still enjoy. Let us know!

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
The animation is light hearted and really good; it's rather fun to watch! Also I think it kinda resonates with us; like, I think the recent episode shows the adults with messy bed hair, and you can't but think, this is like me...

The battles aren't too bad! I think they have a lot of potential for the future, so I'm looking forward to that~

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
The only part about Sun & Moon that I truly enjoyed was the Kanto Reunion Arc, and not simply because of the nostalgic elements, either.

1. It outright redeemed the Gym Leaders after an extremely long time of being grossly mishandled starting with AG by either being depicted as grossly incompetent boobs (AG and BW) or otherwise making them "skilled" only by decreasing Ash and Pikachu's competence in battle in an extremely unnecessary way (DP), where Misty and Brock actually managed to beat several rookies in battle, not to mention in Misty and Ash's case, Misty had effectively become invincible, with Ash being the first person to EVER bypass her strategy since she became Gym Leader.

2. It also managed to actually hint at there being a league that Ash will participate in after all. After the show not only avoided discussing the possibility of Ash continuing with a league goal, but also implied by pre-release materials that he was effectively going to give up his Pokémon Master goal by trying to "graduate like never before", to have it actually reveal that there WILL be a league for Ash to participate in is DEFINITELY a plus, especially after one remembers the infamous results of the Kalos League where Ash did badly, and that was despite full knowledge on how Alola didn't even HAVE gyms, and was only just starting up a league (and that was just in the games.).

3. The ending effectively implied that Misty and Brock are going to reappear at some point in the future before the SM series' end, which is definitely very peachy, especially in Misty's case, since that means we're probably going to have Misty resume her Water Pokémon Master goal after all, a goal she was forced out of post-OS thanks to her sisters.

Probably the only other thing that was good about it was Lillie, Mallow, and Lana, the former was definitely a step up from May especially regarding how they initially handled her discomfort regarding Pokémon.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
That it's gonna end.

This is a positivity thread. If you don't have anything nice to say about this particular saga, should've kept it to yourself. =/

Anyways, I'll say I really enjoy the Ula'ula arc of the anime! I love the anime's version of Nanu how he's much more aggressive during battles and truly how one would expect a dark type trainer. In fact, I was amused how before those episodes aired in my fanfic I have Nanu acted a similar way when he battles, haha. The anime's version of the Sun/Moon lore also sounds promising.

Quiji

Shining
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 6, 2021
Er, I guess SuMo has handled the [non-cast member] trial captains pretty well. SuMo has also rekindled my interest in the Team Rocket trio.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
While I'm not fond of SuMo on so many levels, there are a few nuggets worth noting.

1) Animation: The change in Art Style is a turn-off but some Episodes have exceptional Animation(Baseball Episode had a few good scenes), while some Pokémon battles had good Animation to go with it as well.

2) Acerola and Nanu. Their introduction and characterization were spot on. In fact I prefer Acerola more than our main female protagonists...

3) Alolan Vulpix + Kanto Vulpix :t037:: Vulpix! Ok I got that out of my system for today.

Years
While SM has more cons than pros to me (such as Ash acting immature again, the low-budget artstyle, and most of the companions being underdeveloped), one pro I can acknowledge is that it seems to be noticeably phasing out that "Characters of the Day" thing previous seasons had, where it usually had a human character that only showed up for one episode. The Pokemon also seem to interact more with each other, though that's likely because all of the companions' Pokemon seem to stay outside their balls.

Back