• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
Anyway, I'm really unsatisfied with the hero and heroine, so I completely redid the female heroine, indexed it, and everything.

zvt091_th.jpg
Maybe I should give her knee-length pants. Not sure. I do like her a lot more than the old version, at least anatomy wise, and I'll probably update the male later as well. -cough- West, do you want some OW spriting practice? :3' You could give her a bag, too. That'd be nice. ^_^

Her hair was purple at first, but I decided that was too... normal looking... I guess?

Not bad, but I'm in a very critiquing mood, so do ya mind?

Hopefully, you thought 'Sure!'

Any-who, I'm not the one to judge on Pixel counts, but aesthitically, the arms just look rather... odd.
Maybe you could bend the left forearm in a little. Also, the right hand. I have a pretty good idea as to what you are going for, but the extrusion of the hand looks a little too big for the overall position of the arm. Maybe move it towards her back a little bit more.

After thoroughly looking at it, I'm reminded of the arm/hand gestures that go with the song "I'm a Little Teapot."

... short and stout, here is my handle, here is my spout ....

Whew. That was rather long-winded, well, uhh, you guys know what I mean.

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Not bad, but I'm in a very critiquing mood, so do ya mind?

Hopefully, you thought 'Sure!'

Any-who, I'm not the one to judge on Pixel counts, but aesthitically, the arms just look rather... odd.
Maybe you could bend the left forearm in a little. Also, the right hand. I have a pretty good idea as to what you are going for, but the extrusion of the hand looks a little too big for the overall position of the arm. Maybe move it towards her back a little bit more.

After thoroughly looking at it, I'm reminded of the arm/hand gestures that go with the song "I'm a Little Teapot."

... short and stout, here is my handle, here is my spout ....

Whew. That was rather long-winded, well, uhh, you guys know what I mean.

XDD That made my day. xDDDDD Teapot... XDD So true. This is what I was going for.

29axt9h.jpg

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
XDD That made my day. xDDDDD Teapot... XDD So true. This is what I was going for.

29axt9h.jpg

I thought someone would like that. I also happened to notice something else: where are her knees???
They iz hard too ceee. I like it, but you have to remember: Nintendo artists aren't as good as you. They insist one making features, especially knees for some reason, EXTREMELY pronounced, even on women.

Why iz Nintendo weird? Wait.... they spawned such games as Zelda and SSB. I can't be too much of a critic. BTW, new (non-cartoonish) platform Zelda game in the making!! Hopefully it isn't a flop....
I'm done. As West so usually puts it: :cer_boogie:

amtrax

Pheonix will rule the world...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 7, 2010
Woops. I forgot to put your name in there. I iz sorry amtrax. And, it makes perfect sense to me. BTW, I'm curious as to how the mapping is going.... It's rarely talked about. It's usually Vannah's or West's sprites and the c&c that follow....
well after i did the map of the town with the first gym I haven't done any more 'cos Mac was waiting us wait until Vannah's tiles were inserted. But, don't worry, I'm on to the tile inserting now that Vannah gave me the link

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
well after i did the map of the town with the first gym I haven't done any more 'cos Mac was waiting us wait until Vannah's tiles were inserted. But, don't worry, I'm on to the tile inserting now that Vannah gave me the link

Well no wonder I forgot you. I kinda joined the team after that.... I apologize again.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
Years
West, there's a reason I changed the eyes. o-o If you'll look at the concept art the eyes aren't ... (dont know how to describe it) ponyta, eevee, ninetails-ish. They're more like hitmonlee's or primeape's. Other than that, I have nothing wrong with the two sprites. As for the tilesets, I was sure Mac delivered them to whoever was tiling for us. =/ I guess not. I can't get into my photobucket atm. >< But I'll pm my photobucket to Atlus, amtrax, Lyzo, and West just so if there's anything there that needs to be used from there, you guys can get to it easily. It would probably be one of the most recent images on the 1st and second page. The latest and greatest is always in the front of the album rather than the back.

I've been uploading on tinypic lately, until I can get my PB back. (cant even access the page. x-x)

Anyway, I'm really unsatisfied with the hero and heroine, so I completely redid the female heroine, indexed it, and everything.

zvt091_th.jpg
Maybe I should give her knee-length pants. Not sure. I do like her a lot more than the old version, at least anatomy wise, and I'll probably update the male later as well. -cough- West, do you want some OW spriting practice? :3' You could give her a bag, too. That'd be nice. ^_^

Her hair was purple at first, but I decided that was too... normal looking... I guess?

Anyone else think she looks a bit OLD?
If the age of the hero/heroine is the same as the original games then she doesn't really look that young. Maybe it's just her outfit?

Ghu55

Pokemon Torzach Supporter
Years
Since you changed the sprite for the heroine, the old one was the one with the arguement about legs right?, so you need new ows.
Can you put those up when ur done wit them?
I usually decide to be a boy or girl based on which ow I like better cause thats what you see most of the time

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
West, there's a reason I changed the eyes. o-o If you'll look at the concept art the eyes aren't ... (dont know how to describe it) ponyta, eevee, ninetails-ish. They're more like hitmonlee's or primeape's. Other than that, I have nothing wrong with the two sprites.

Hold on there, Jethro. The eyes on that thing don't even look close to what Hitmonlee and Primape's eyes look like. Must I bring out the concept art?

35iaj4i.jpg
dpmfa106.png
dpmfa057.png
It looks nothing like that in the concept art. =/ You must have been thinking of Kangokick's evolution.
e1cmkk.jpg
30uqwdj.jpg
Your sprites eyes do not match the concept art, the shading is way to light, the arms were positioned funny, his left leg wasn't exactly the best, the hair on his head wasn't sharp enough, the ears were way off, the outlining needed more work, the tail looked as if an amiture had done it, the shading of the tail was off, the mouth isn't supposed to be a frown, the shading on the head was off as XIV had pointed out, and the rings around the legs needed to be edited slightly.

zvt091_th.jpg

OW spriting practice? What do you take me for?? A newbie? I just made four sets of over worlds just last week. =/ You know, first you take and edit my sprites "for the sake of the game." And, you say I have the liberty to edit your sprites to "help the game." But when I actually see major errors in your sprite, you come back and say it's supposed to look like that, when it doesn't resemble the concept art in the first place! You are playing a very immature, and annoying game Vannah, and I've had it. You had many problems with your Kangokick, and I fixed them. Admit it. When I gave you Destrom to edit, you hadn't even tried to re-do it after your computer restarted, but you edited Kangokick? Your logic doesn't make sense. I wanted you to edit Destrom, but you edited Kangokick, and then you say it's supposed to look weird. I'm sorry, but this has gone on long enough. =/ I'm fed up with it...

And why are you pushing this OW thing all on me? I understand that you have a lot to do, but it just isn't fair. I can see what you're doing Vannah, and I'm not happy with it.

EDIT:

I have slightly edited the female hero.

2rw1dfa.jpg

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Wow. Insult after insult.
Ignoring that for the time being... You need to look at the larger concept art, not the thumbnails, West. Hang on. I'll prove it to you.
263zf2w_th.jpg

I didn't mean it like that, West. You're a lot better at OW spriting than I am, so I wanted you to do it. And I'm fine with you editing my sprites, but I know for a fact that Kangokick's eyes aren't like that. o-o
I haven't edited your legend yet because I haven't had the inspiration. It's extremely hard for me to just scratch a concept. I have to have something to look at in order to do a good job.

Last edited:

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
You need to look at the larger concept art, not the thumbnails, West. Hang on. I'll prove it to you.
263zf2w_th.jpg

I didn't mean it like that, West. You're a lot better at OW spriting than I am, so I wanted you to do it. And I'm fine with you editing my sprites, but I know for a fact that Kangokick's eyes aren't like that. o-o
I haven't edited your legend yet because I haven't had the inspiration. It's extremely hard for me to just scratch a concept. I have to have something to look at in order to do a good job.

Where'd THAT thing come from?? XD I haven't been told about the "big" concept art! But even so, There is still something to be desired with your kangokick's eyes... I'll edit them again.

EDIT:

25720de.jpg
I still think we should just change the eyes from the "big" concept art, because it doesn't really look too good.

Last edited:

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
o_o Oohkie?
66dgts.jpg
30uqwdj_th.jpg
Which looks more like the concept?

I think I've told you before to look at the big concept art rather than the little thumbnails because you've been missing many details. xD;

The only things wrong I can see on mine are the (our) right foot and maybe the thickness of the neck. The eye could be a little less angry, but it worked out best like that. Yours is just fine, though it reminds me a little of G/S/C with all the dither and the eye is well... we discussed that.

Please don't just go insulting me like that again. o_o;

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
o_o Oohkie?
66dgts.jpg
30uqwdj_th.jpg
Which looks more like the concept?

I think I've told you before to look at the big concept art rather than the little thumbnails because you've been missing many details. xD;

The only things wrong I can see on mine are the (our) right foot and maybe the thickness of the neck. The eye could be a little less angry, but it worked out best like that. Yours is just fine, though it reminds me a little of G/S/C with all the dither and the eye is well... we discussed that.

Please don't just go insulting me like that again. o_o;

I wasn't insulting you. o_o I was making a point.

Like in my edited post up above, I just think we should get rid of that look. It looks better that way, don't you think?

I don't know where the big concept art is? .__. I don't believe I remember where to go, if you had given me a link.

Well, my favorite style of spriting is from Gold, Silver and Crystal. It just works really well on new sprites like this. But, Blowey is now a member of Kangokick's family. = D

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
not that this is any of my business but to be honest dont you think that inseted of argueing you could maybe make a friendly poll to see what everyone thinks so ou dont have to argue so you can continue with the game and be less stressed out

sorry about me being nosey ;)

thanks

just also like to say that this looks really good your pokemon look so real good luck :)

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
I wasn't insulting you. o_o I was making a point.

Like in my edited post up above, I just think we should get rid of that look. It looks better that way, don't you think?

I don't know where the big concept art is? .__. I don't believe I remember where to go, if you had given me a link.

Well, my favorite style of spriting is from Gold, Silver and Crystal. It just works really well on new sprites like this. But, Blowey is now a member of Kangokick's family. = D

It might look a little better, but I think it looks more pokemon styled with the eyes the way I did them. I think it'd be better if We had the baby pokemon having the eyes more realistic, and had the rest of the chain with the more pokemon-esque eyes.
We could just let other people decide. I mean, if they like the more realistic eyes more then it's fine by me.

And no offense but your post earlier didn't seem all too friendly. If you were making a point, you were making an extremely negative point. I'll let it go, but if you have a bone to pick with me in the future, send a pm.

EDIT: A poll would be nice, but we don't have control of the poll in the first post of the thread anymore. o_o;

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
It wasn't a negative point, it wasn't even mean. It was simply to show you my point. But, since I didn't know what the big concept art looked like, it was a little off, I'll admit. I just think that eye could be edited, but then again, it looks like it has too much white on it.

not that this is any of my business but to be honest dont you think that inseted of argueing you could maybe make a friendly poll to see what everyone thinks so ou dont have to argue so you can continue with the game and be less stressed out

sorry about me being nosey ;)

thanks

just also like to say that this looks really good your pokemon look so real good luck :)

Well, like Vannah said, we don't have control over that poll up there, but, what say you guys? Which design looks better for Kangokick?

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
well i like the one with the blue background but only because it is bouncing on its tail and looks a bit cuter that way well i hope you guys can work this out is it really worth falling about which sprite looks better?

thanks

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
well i like the one with the blue background but only because it is bouncing on its tail and looks a bit cuter that way well i hope you guys can work this out is it really worth falling about which sprite looks better?

thanks

Okay, so is it this one? Kangokick?

e1cmkk.jpg
Or Blowey, on it's tail?
66dgts.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back