• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
How do you find the pokepic #'s? For like when you want to get your starter and the pic comes up, how do I find the # to use for that script?

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I need a link for the Trainer Editor for FRLG. I couldn't find one that worked.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2009
Editing everything about an attack

I have Darthatron's attack editor, which takes care of most of my issues. However, there are still some problems with editing attacks that it doesn't solve: the descriptions of the attacks, the type/effect of them for contests, and their animations. I'm hacking Ruby, if that helps at all. Is there a tool to do these things, or another easy way to accomplish them? Thanks for all the help.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I need a link for the Trainer Editor for FRLG. I couldn't find one that worked.

Toolbox section.

I have Darthatron's attack editor, which takes care of most of my issues. However, there are still some problems with editing attacks that it doesn't solve: the descriptions of the attacks, the type/effect of them for contests, and their animations. I'm hacking Ruby, if that helps at all. Is there a tool to do these things, or another easy way to accomplish them? Thanks for all the help.

Attack descriptions, use Advance Text.
Other things you wish to change, I have no clue for how to do that.

UltimaSilver

Charizard's Best Friend
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2010
A Little Help...

Uhh, I'm kinda new to this hacking thing, so, I have some questions and you may also post some hacking tips:

-How do you change the items in the Mart?
-How do you change the data in the Pokedex?
-How do you change the trainers and sprites in the game?
-How do you change the Pokemon?(I've already got some Pokemon pics and back sprites)
-What are some good tools for hacking?

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
Years
Needs

I need the Hex number for Mudkip, because Im trying a Showpokepic script, and
283 dosen't work.
This is part of my script;
cry 0x283 0x0
showpokepic 0x283 0xA 0x3

Could anyone help me quickly?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Uhh, I'm kinda new to this hacking thing, so, I have some questions and you may also post some hacking tips:

-How do you change the items in the Mart?
-How do you change the data in the Pokedex?
-How do you change the trainers and sprites in the game?
-How do you change the Pokemon?(I've already got some Pokemon pics and back sprites)
-What are some good tools for hacking?

-Advance Mart
-YAPE
-Unlz-GBA(included in the EliteMap folder)
-Unlz-GBA(included in the EliteMap folder)
-A lot. Check the Toolbox Section.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
283 dosen't work.
cry 0x283 0x0

You DO realize that 0x283 in DECIMAL is 643... Last I checked, Mudkip is not Pokemon #643...
I have seen this mistake many times, try just typing 283 instead of 0x283, because 0x means HEX... or you can type 0x11B... That is 283 in hex...

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
283 dosen't work.
cry 0x283 0x0

Okay I know how to fix this.

Go onto you're calculator.
Click Scientific Mode
In dec type 283 (POKEMON #)
Then Click hex.
Then write the combination of #'s and letters into the pokescript.
So for mudkip, 283 translates to 11B

So it would look like this.
showpokepic 0x11B 0xA 0x3

Hope I helped :)

Note: Do the same thing for teh cry.

nofamenogame

POKEMON WRATH OF GREATNESS
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2012
how to insert new tiles that youve copied and pasted from a website and there PNG

please give me a noob friendly tutorial

Years
Yet another set of Gold hacking questions from me...

1. Can the credits of Pokemon Gold be hacked with a text editor, or do they have to be hacked with a graphics editor like Tile Layer Pro? Could someone also give me the offset to find the credits text?
2. Where are the offsets for changing an attack type from PHYSICAL to SPECIAL and vice versa? I want to change Dark to physical and Ghost to special.

It probably can't be done in PKSV, because PKSV is a scripting tool and not a wild Pokémon editor. Try opening the ROM in a hex editor.

Starting at offset 0x02AB35 is a list of wild Pokémon and their locations, in the following format:
[2‐byte map number]
[wild Pokémon ratio morn][wild Pokémon ratio day][wild Pokémon ratio nite]
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (morn)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (day)
[level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species][level][species] (nite)

The list continues this way until you reach a FF for the first byte, which signifies the end of the list.

So replacing a two‐byte map number with the Safari Zone's map number (0350 in Gold) should make wild Pokémon appear in that map. If you don't want to overwrite one location you can always repoint the list.

Thanks; it actually makes sense to me. However, I can't seem to find map numbers anywhere...
3. Could someone find for me the map number for Silver Cave, Map 4 (it's the one you can only get to with Waterfall where you get the 2 items)? Or just a basic list of map numbers?

Last edited:

AmusedRaccoon

Dilettante
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
I've been double-skipped.

Is there a command to script a monochrome (black and white) or sepia filter? Or, failing that, can anyone point me to an ASM tutorial that will give me the means to do it?

I've got a map connection problem. It was working fine until I deleted a couple of warps on the second map (the one I can't get to).

It doesn't freeze or anything. Instead, this is what happens.

cnxn1.PNG
cnxn2.PNG
cnxn3.PNG

Does anyone know anything about this? Every connection question I've ever seen involves the game freezing.
Thanks.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Can the credits of Pokemon Gold be hacked with a text editor, or do they have to be hacked with a graphics editor like Tile Layer Pro? Could someone also give me the offset to find the credits text?
A hex editor with table file is the easiest way to edit the credits, just like any other text. The offset in Gold is 0x1C1127.
Could someone find for me the map number for Silver Cave, Map 4 (it's the one you can only get to with Waterfall where you get the 2 items)? Or just a basic list of map numbers?
List of map numbers

Rather than look at a list, you can always open VBA's memory viewer and go to location D044–D045 to know the map number of the map you're on.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
Hey I have a problem. I'm using a Pokemart Script for my hack but NONE of the tuts I've read include a complete list of the item raw offsets they just have masterball through full restore does anyone have a full list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back