• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It is safe to assume that hypertrained pokemon are not hacked?

Years
Greetings! My question is about pokemon obtained through trading. I recently traded for a celesteela with 4 perfect IVs and the remaining two have been hypertrained (by someone else). I would like to use it in the online battle spot but as it is a traded pokemon I can't say with 100% certainty that is isn't hacked. Since it's hypertrained, it is safe to assume that it's legal/legit? I'm thinking that if it were hacked, the hacker would have just made the IVs perfect from the beginning.

Thank you for any opinions/input. I just really don't want to be banned from the battle spot, and so far I've only used pokemon that I found/bred myself.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Greetings! My question is about pokemon obtained through trading. I recently traded for a celesteela with 4 perfect IVs and the remaining two have been hypertrained (by someone else). I would like to use it in the online battle spot but as it is a traded pokemon I can't say with 100% certainty that is isn't hacked. Since it's hypertrained, it is safe to assume that it's legal/legit? I'm thinking that if it were hacked, the hacker would have just made the IVs perfect from the beginning.

Thank you for any opinions/input. I just really don't want to be banned from the battle spot, and so far I've only used pokemon that I found/bred myself.

Chances are it's fine yeah. Just to make sure though you'll want to take a through look at its information to see if there's any indicators that it might be hacked: stuff like moves it can't have, impossible catch locations, is shiny when it can't legally be shiny, among other things.

I think that the game only checks to see if the Pokemon is legal anyway, not if it's 100% legit or not. We also have a hack checking thread here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=405884
The people who regularly check up on that thread would probably know better than me if it's truly hacked or not, if you really want to be certain.

Back