• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Metal (Update - Gen 6+more!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Thanks for that tip, part of me felt I could just go onward but I thought the cave was the way to the next town lol. Oh well I know where to find Gible after having made that unnecessary detour and I caught a Seedot for the road as well.

Just so I know are ability capsules in this game? or is everything that's in this game up to gen 5 only? I figured I'd ask since with mega evolution and all I figured ability capsules may also be a thing and those can end up being very helpful even if they're found only post-game.
I'm afraid the only things from Gen 6 in the game are Wonder Trade & Mega Evolution. Sorry :\

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot to mention this, why not add some fake versions of some of the mega evolutions from omega ruby and alpha sapphire? I would love Mega Steelix or Mega Glalie, or even Mega Pidgeot. hough depending on circumstances that could reuire move tutors and I have no idea if theres move tutors in this game, since Pidgeot as a special sweeper would need Heat Wave.
I would, I really would love to add many Mega Evolutions. They're fun to make and to use in-game. But again... sprites are the problem. I'm sure I will take care of it in the future, the last update is not the last version of the game. However, I don't see that happening in the near future.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Uh oh crash report alert. I had a linoone who was poisoned but it survived the poisoning, then the game crashed saying that it was surviving the poison status that caused it. I wish could remember exactly the crash's name but the error report document didn't record it.

Edwax123

Edwaxas
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 2, 2014
For some reason the teleporters in Rhoads Science Institute dont work ;o

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Uh oh crash report alert. I had a linoone who was poisoned but it survived the poisoning, then the game crashed saying that it was surviving the poison status that caused it. I wish could remember exactly the crash's name but the error report document didn't record it.
Uh oh... that's bad news. Can you please tell me where exactly this happened? I'm pretty sure surviving the poison can't cause the game to crash. If it did, then that is an error in one of the Pokemon Essentials scripts. If it happens again, please take a screenshot of it.

For some reason the teleporters in Rhoads Science Institute dont work ;o

Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
OH WAIT! I think I remember some of the crah report proper and how it happened now. I battled a trainer with some poison pokemon and when my linoone was poisoned it had like 2 HP left. I took two steps, it said the poison faded but because Linoon had 2 HP left it's HP ran out but didn't faint. I know this because the crash report said something about "HP 0" or something so my guess is that the crash happened because the poison didn't fade after the first step so only 1 HP was lost.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
So I have Old Map and Moon Keep map. Yet whenever I talk to the captain in the harbor, the only offers to take me to medathine city. Do I need to progress further into the game or is that a bug?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
OH WAIT! I think I remember some of the crah report proper and how it happened now. I battled a trainer with some poison pokemon and when my linoone was poisoned it had like 2 HP left. I took two steps, it said the poison faded but because Linoon had 2 HP left it's HP ran out but didn't faint. I know this because the crash report said something about "HP 0" or something so my guess is that the crash happened because the poison didn't fade after the first step so only 1 HP was lost.
I can see why the bug happened, but it's a Pokemon Essentials programming bug, and I can't fix it. I've reported it, but nobody replied. I'm sorry, I guess you'll just have to heal your Pokemon of poison xD

So I have Old Map and Moon Keep map. Yet whenever I talk to the captain in the harbor, the only offers to take me to medathine city. Do I need to progress further into the game or is that a bug?
You have to defeat the Pokemon League in order to travel to the other places with Captain Morgan.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2022
Oh I see. So I just got my 8th badge! Where may I find waterfall? I assume I need it for victory road?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Oh I see. So I just got my 8th badge! Where may I find waterfall? I assume I need it for victory road?

Congratulations :)
Spoiler:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
When it came to that crash I already figured that would be the case the other day after thinking it over more.

Right now I am trying to level grind up to get my fourth badge from Rob which is a rather arduous task due to the levels of the wild pokemon in the area being rather low (my team is level 35 each and trying to level grind off a bunch of level 15-20 pokemon is ridiculous), and I actually had to near-game break just to find an area to train as I surfed to Thrill City and carefully navigated around to avoid battling too many trainers as I sought for a good wild pokemon battle ground. In the process I had to also consider getting some new pokemon so I visited the Rainbow Safari Zone, and then had a hard time getting a decent poliwag because somehow the ability chances was slanted toward Damp instead of being a 50/50 chance for either damp or water absorb to use and help act as a wall for the ice types Rob uses. Ona side note its no wonder no one likes him, he's a cheap punk. I almost had him but had to be cheap and use a full restore to undo the effect of my Nidorino's Toxic Spikes.

It would have been nice to find a Lucky Egg at some point, unless one of the quests offers it as a reward, to which its no wonder I didn't get it because some of these quests have battles with pokemon far stronger than a level 35 team can manage before the level cap becomes an issue, or some quests ask for a pokemon I've yet to encounter at any point in the game and thus have no clue where to find it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
When it came to that crash I already figured that would be the case the other day after thinking it over more.

Right now I am trying to level grind up to get my fourth badge from Rob which is a rather arduous task due to the levels of the wild pokemon in the area being rather low (my team is level 35 each and trying to level grind off a bunch of level 15-20 pokemon is ridiculous), and I actually had to near-game break just to find an area to train as I surfed to Thrill City and carefully navigated around to avoid battling too many trainers as I sought for a good wild pokemon battle ground. In the process I had to also consider getting some new pokemon so I visited the Rainbow Safari Zone, and then had a hard time getting a decent poliwag because somehow the ability chances was slanted toward Damp instead of being a 50/50 chance for either damp or water absorb to use and help act as a wall for the ice types Rob uses. Ona side note its no wonder no one likes him, he's a cheap punk. I almost had him but had to be cheap and use a full restore to undo the effect of my Nidorino's Toxic Spikes.

It would have been nice to find a Lucky Egg at some point, unless one of the quests offers it as a reward, to which its no wonder I didn't get it because some of these quests have battles with pokemon far stronger than a level 35 team can manage before the level cap becomes an issue, or some quests ask for a pokemon I've yet to encounter at any point in the game and thus have no clue where to find it.
I'm pretty sure that a Lucky Egg can be obtained somewhere in the game, and it isn't a reward for completing a quest, but I've no idea where I've put it xD The same's the case for an Exp. share.

As far as the training goes, stronger Pokemon can be encountered in Route 11, after Rob's gym xD

Also, how did you surf to Thrill City? What path did you take? The waters of Thrill City aren't connected to any other maps.

Good luck with Rob :)

Im lost.. what do i do when i defeat the 7th gym? ;D

I'm not sure what gyms you have/haven't beaten. There isn't a particular order in which you have to beat the gyms. But in any way, you should beat the 8th gym and then take on the Pokemon League. Good luck :)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Well the path that leads to the pokemon league leads to Thrill City as early as badge number 3 once you get Surf, which is how I got there. since the world is semi-open I figured this was intentional.

However after achieving what I wanted to level up and get new pokemon I am now stuck in Thrill City with my pokemon right at the level cap. If I battled the gym leader now they'd all disobey me and I can't go back to Rob's gym without the power plant running... So I had to reset my game. Probobly best s I've yet to find where Riolu lives, and a quest requires a Lucario to accomplish so I figured starting with Lucario in this new game is smart, especially since I found where to find Misdreavus and Zorua. Plus a Lucario is likely to be a better pick overall offensively and defensively against Rob.

In the next update it might be a good idea to effectively block those particular sea routes in the south part of the map until you're actually supposed to go that way, I can't be the only guy who got stuck like this.

Something that's bothering me right now is I have yet to see any sign of a berry spot or even a shop that sells berries. How can I effectively EV train without the EV reducing berries? Also where is the Move Re-Learner in this game?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Well the path that leads to the pokemon league leads to Thrill City as early as badge number 3 once you get Surf, which is how I got there. since the world is semi-open I figured this was intentional.

However after achieving what I wanted to level up and get new pokemon I am now stuck in Thrill City with my pokemon right at the level cap. If I battled the gym leader now they'd all disobey me and I can't go back to Rob's gym without the power plant running... So I had to reset my game. Probobly best s I've yet to find where Riolu lives, and a quest requires a Lucario to accomplish so I figured starting with Lucario in this new game is smart, especially since I found where to find Misdreavus and Zorua. Plus a Lucario is likely to be a better pick overall offensively and defensively against Rob.

In the next update it might be a good idea to effectively block those particular sea routes in the south part of the map until you're actually supposed to go that way, I can't be the only guy who got stuck like this.

Something that's bothering me right now is I have yet to see any sign of a berry spot or even a shop that sells berries. How can I effectively EV train without the EV reducing berries? Also where is the Move Re-Learner in this game?

Oh right, you used the boat from Medethine City.
Spoiler:

No, you didn't have to reset your game :( The player doesn't get stuck. You could have gone north to Route 14, Route 13, Lost Woods, Route 16 and then end up on Route 17 from where you can go either to Rainbow or to Nostram City.

Berries are only carried by wild Pokemon for now. The Move Re-Learner is in Rainbow, I think.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Hmm. Well at least I know now. Thanks for the help you've given me I'll bear it in mind from now on.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Loving the game, but I'm struggling with the riddle that leads to regice in Mt Frost, any chance you could help me out? I've read the gold tablet that says 1-north 2-east 3-south/4-west and something about counting letters, and I've unlocked the room with 3 caves but keep going around in loops.
Also I found a glitch in Mt Coal, in the same room as the Superconductor there is an unlimited full restore (it didn't disappear when picked up)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hmm. Well at least I know now. Thanks for the help you've given me I'll bear it in mind from now on.
No problem. Hope you enjoy the game :)
Loving the game, but I'm struggling with the riddle that leads to regice in Mt Frost, any chance you could help me out? I've read the gold tablet that says 1-north 2-east 3-south/4-west and something about counting letters, and I've unlocked the room with 3 caves but keep going around in loops.
Also I found a glitch in Mt Coal, in the same room as the Superconductor there is an unlimited full restore (it didn't disappear when picked up)

Oh hey, the item is glitched. Thank you for pointing it out. As for Regice:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Just to let everybody know, I am probably done with this game. I will update the game in the future only when I fix a bug. In my latest update (today), I have included all TMs, and fixed the not-disappearing Full Restore. The reason I won't do any major updates anymore is because I think the game is already big enough, has a fair amount of post-game, and there's tons of stuff to do. That's why I'm saving all my ideas for my next project, which I'm also starting today. I hope you have fun :)

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Sad to hear nothing new is coming but it may be fore the best. This is one of the few pokemon essentials fangames I've seen that is complete anyway, and fixing glitches and bugs is always good to check on at any time. I was looking forward to a league tournament update as hinted at as a possible content update in the first post, but that is a lot of extra work so I can understand not wanting to go there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 13, 2014
Hello LightningAlex,

its me Tanvir and I wanted to know if you got my pm i sent you, there is a bug when you enter kyogres lair and when you try to leave the game crashes...

have you resolved that error yet as i love your game, but i dont want to restart and lose all the progress i made too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Hello LightningAlex,

its me Tanvir and I wanted to know if you got my pm i sent you, there is a bug when you enter kyogres lair and when you try to leave the game crashes...

have you resolved that error yet as i love your game, but i dont want to restart and lose all the progress i made too.

Yeah, I did resolve it. I PM'd you back this morning. Don't know how you missed it. Have fun playing the game, and sorry for the inconvenience :)

Back