• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years
Alpha Sapphire hack suggestions

So I just recently received an extra copy of AS, and I want to play around with it a bit. Can someone please suggest some good hacks that change the game up a lot?

Years
Hey I am looking for a fire red rom hack that has not changes to the story, can catch all pokemon from gen 1 to 3, can evolve trade evolution by level up?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2016
Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad english .
I request your help today for helping me to find a hack rom i was playing some years ago (i searched 5 month but don't find anything)
The hack rom haved a karma system (you can join the villain depend of your choices and your actions) completed by a quest system .
In my memories, the main character sprit was new.

Please if somebody knew a hack rom with this characteristic tell me the name, your my last hope !
Thanks

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
What rom hack should i play?

Hello, I have never played a rom hack but have been playing pokemon for a long time, i know the game very well like types, what moves to go on specific pokemon like how charizard is better with flamethrower than with giga impact, and have played all games from gen4 up. So my question is what is a good rom hack to start with i don't want lots of grinding but i don't want it to be as easy as gen 6. I also want good al if thats possible. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
I'm looking for a ROM hack that isn't edited heavily; close to vanilla would be nice but harder difficulty etc and being able to obtain most of the Pokemon from that generation.

My favorite games were Red / Blue but I'd prefer to play FireRed / LeafGreen hacks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 11, 2016
pokespe Emerald

Is there a rom hack with emerald from pokemon Adventure?

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
Years
Hello!

I am looking for a completed G/S/C remake, preferably one with updated sprites and tilesets and what not, maybe even with an extended storyline.

I tried downloading Liquid Crystal but the link is broken and I am not sure if it's completed or not yet, anyone pointing me in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
Hey Everyone!

If you're looking for a new hack to play, I highly recommend Pokemon Ultra Violet. It's a hack of FireRed & has ALL 386 pokemon(including Legendaries!!) from Gen1-Gen3.

You can catch your first Pokemon. All you need to do is talk to Professor Oak WITHOUT picking one of his 3 Pokemon. Besides Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur, the starter options are:

*Dratini
*Houndour,
*Spheal,
*Machop,
*Trapinch,
*Ralts,
*Pichu
*Gastly
(I don't recommend choosing Dratini or Ralts though because the starting moveset sucks ^.^)

There's SO much more!!!!

You should definitely check this hack out if you haven't already! (:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
Is There Such A FireRed Hack?

Hey, does anyone know a FireRed hack that does the following (in order of importance, from top to bottom):

-Keeps the story the same, only tweaks and events allowed;

-Does not change the starter Pokémon;

-Add, in total, all 386 pokémon (from gen I to III) and make all of them obtainable without having to trade. Also, it would be even more awesome if it adds all the evolutions/pre-evolutions to the Gen I-III pokémon that were introduced in later games. Also make all nintendo event/other special condition-only items available in-game;

-Adds all the changes made to the rules/stats/whatever in later pokémon games (example: Add fairy type and change a pokémon's stat to its updated counterpart from later games);

-Updates the sprites to the latest equivalents. I believe it's from the NDS versions, right?

If anyone knows a hack closest to these requirements (it doesn't need to be exactly like I asked), I would really appreciate if you can link me to it. If there's no such hack, I'll create a thread suggesting these criteria for a hack.

Years
Hey, does anyone know a FireRed hack that does the following (in order of importance, from top to bottom):

-Keeps the story the same, only tweaks and events allowed;

-Does not change the starter Pokémon;

-Add, in total, all 386 pokémon (from gen I to III) and make all of them obtainable without having to trade. Also, it would be even more awesome if it adds all the evolutions/pre-evolutions to the Gen I-III pokémon that were introduced in later games. Also make all nintendo event/other special condition-only items available in-game;

-Adds all the changes made to the rules/stats/whatever in later pokémon games (example: Add fairy type and change a pokémon's stat to its updated counterpart from later games);

-Updates the sprites to the latest equivalents. I believe it's from the NDS versions, right?

If anyone knows a hack closest to these requirements (it doesn't need to be exactly like I asked), I would really appreciate if you can link me to it. If there's no such hack, I'll create a thread suggesting these criteria for a hack.

there's one called Fire Red Evolution:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329967

Features
- Same Story
- Same Starter
- Pretty Much all the Pokemons are Obtainable
- No need to trade to evolve specific Pokemons
- Fairy Types
- Updated Base Stats
- Updated Sprites
- Pre-evolutions of all Gen III Pokes+Future Evolutions (Gliscor, Weavile etc)
- New moves+abilities
- Physical/Special Split
& a few more things
its harder then the normal Fire Red. The only downside is that you cannot challenge the Elite 4 in the current Beta. But I hope it helps.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Hey everybody :)

So I'm researching something different from the original games series.
Which hack is in your opinion the best performing this?
- types chart changes
- brand new types added
- original dual types pokemon
- original and enjoyable fakemon
- pokemon with boosted stats (when needed)
- good exp. curve, not so much grinding

if it works on R4 for NDS it's even better

thanks!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 31, 2017
Do have gen 1 to 6 all pokemon and legendary pokemon in one game?

Do anyone make gen 1 to 6 map and all legendary and normal pokemon in a game?
It have can tell me.
Thank you.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 10, 2016
there's one called Fire Red Evolution:

Features
- Same Story
- Same Starter
- Pretty Much all the Pokemons are Obtainable
- No need to trade to evolve specific Pokemons
- Fairy Types
- Updated Base Stats
- Updated Sprites
- Pre-evolutions of all Gen III Pokes+Future Evolutions (Gliscor, Weavile etc)
- New moves+abilities
- Physical/Special Split
& a few more things
its harder then the normal Fire Red. The only downside is that you cannot challenge the Elite 4 in the current Beta. But I hope it helps.
Thank you so much! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Hi, I'm currently feeling some serious nostalgia from pokemon go. Its inspired me to play through pokemon fire red again, but, I'm looking for something a bit more challenging.

Basically, im looking for vanilla fire red (as close as it can get) with increased difficulty and maybe updated pokemon types like fairy? with just gen 1 pokemon
Is there such a hack? That would be grand!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 4, 2016
I have been searching for a while for a hack that just improves Pokemon Blue/Red.
I know all about Kaizo version but I didn't like it. I didn't like the changed map, Gary starting with Mew, Pokemon spam in the grass for every 2 step you take, Low level Pokemons fully evolved and low level Pokemons knowing how to do moves that they really shouldn't know how to do that early on.

What I'm trying to find is hack that would turn Blue or Red version to the game if there wasn't ever a blue/red/yellow version.
I want to be able to catch them all without glitching and trading. I want all Pokemons to be able to learn the moves that they should be knowing how to do like Charizard should be able to learn Fly since he is a fire/flying Pokemon. In Blue at least, he can't learn that.
I want to be able to evolve all Pokemons without glitching and trading. For example, there is no way to get Golem in Blue without glitching or trading. At least I think. If you can, it would probably be really late.
I also wouldn't mind if the game was harder but that is my least concern.

I don't want any change maps or Gary starting with a Mew or Pokemon spam in the grass. Some would say it's a good thing since you will be in a battle in no time and level up or that you can catch Pokemons faster since the spam is higher. I just don't prefer that which is why I really disliked Kaizo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I have been searching for a while for a hack that just improves Pokemon Blue/Red.
I know all about Kaizo version but I didn't like it. I didn't like the changed map, Gary starting with Mew, Pokemon spam in the grass for every 2 step you take, Low level Pokemons fully evolved and low level Pokemons knowing how to do moves that they really shouldn't know how to do that early on.

What I'm trying to find is hack that would turn Blue or Red version to the game if there wasn't ever a blue/red/yellow version.
I want to be able to catch them all without glitching and trading. I want all Pokemons to be able to learn the moves that they should be knowing how to do like Charizard should be able to learn Fly since he is a fire/flying Pokemon. In Blue at least, he can't learn that.
I want to be able to evolve all Pokemons without glitching and trading. For example, there is no way to get Golem in Blue without glitching or trading. At least I think. If you can, it would probably be really late.
I also wouldn't mind if the game was harder but that is my least concern.

I don't want any change maps or Gary starting with a Mew or Pokemon spam in the grass. Some would say it's a good thing since you will be in a battle in no time and level up or that you can catch Pokemons faster since the spam is higher. I just don't prefer that which is why I really disliked Kaizo.

Try Pokemon Red++ (plus plus).

Back