• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: XSE Header Files

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
Ok, so I've been creating these for a while now. They're pretty useful (at least to me) and I've given some out to others already. So I'll post all my header files for XSE here, and then give an explanation to each one.

How to use a Header File:
1. Download the ZIP file attached to this post.
2. Unzip and extract the contents to the directory where XSE is installed.
3. Then, whenever you need to use the header file, in your script, type #include "name of header file".rbh (without the quotes)
4. Then you can use the contents of the file in that script.​

Variable RAM Addresses (FireRed/LeafGreen):
This header file contains the RAM Addresses to the location where the data in a variable is stored. This file contains addresses for ALL the variables. Probably more useful for ASM hackers, it is nevertheless useful to oridnary scripters - especially when copying data from a variable to another RAM Address (that isn't a variable)
Link: Download Here

Example:
Spoiler:

Applymovement Numbers (All Versions):
This header file contains numbers to help you easily plan applymovement commands.
Link: Download Here
Credits: Larsie13

If you have any header files you think are useful, post them here and I'll add them to this post (Remember to specify whether they are for FireRed/LeafGreen, Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald). Also, when I find mine I'll add them as well.

Please post any you have, remember to include a description, what game its for, a download link, and a example script (in a spoiler)

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Sorry but... that header file is totally wrong. First of all, variables are 0x4000 - 0x7FFF.
Plus the temporary variables (0x8000, 0x8001, etc.) Either way, all the variables in FR/LG/E don't have a static address!
The only exception being the temp ones.

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
Sorry but... that header file is totally wrong. First of all, variables are 0x4000 - 0x7FFF.
Plus the temporary variables (0x8000, 0x8001, etc.) Either way, all the variables in FR/LG/E don't have a static address!
The only exception being the temp ones.

The first bit I knew, but since the header was automatically generated, I forgot to delete the excess. But, the second bit I didn't know, because they seemed static when I checked. But anyway, I'll take it down and change it.
EDIT: Fixed the variable RAM addresses header file. It now includes only 0x800X variables (temp variables)

Last edited:

Larsie13

Guess I'll share my header files. See attachment. They're movements for applymovement. Both FR/LG and R/S/E are in the zip.
For instance, in FR/LG, if you want an OW to pop up an !-box, and then face right, you would use this:
Code:
applymovement 0xXX @face

#org @face
#raw FACE_>
#raw !_BOX
#raw END_MOVE

Back